• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Adam West beating up 20 thugs in challenge mode

franco-so-good.gif

If your pc can run it I see no reason not to get it on pc. There are unconfirmed reports of some slight fps drops when gliding on ps3, if that bothers you then pc might be the best choice.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Goddamn it and goddamn your country EC.

Sucks for me. I have a dentist appointment 11am in my home town, ~2 hours travel away, on Friday morning. I'll be staying at my folks for a night or two, then back to the city. So I won't even get to play it until then.

pa22word

Great, just got spoiled over on gfaqs because of some asshole's poorly worded topic title spelled out how the game's plot unravels.

Just ugh man. Some people...I dunno if the dude was just totally oblivious or just an asshole, but god dammit I was really hoping to make it through to the end of this one unscathed >.>

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, it's definitely midnight here. Says 13 hours now.

Can I preload this on Steam in Britain? Have a code from buying a GTX, can't be bothered to fill in the fields if its gonna bounce me out because its too early :p

For lacking in parts (especially level design, collectible stuff and boss fights (so far)

I can understand that. It really feels like a different game. It's not great but I like it. They should fix the crashes and lags though.

How's the story? Couldn't get myself to finish Arkham City because it was so boring story wise.

How's the story? Couldn't get myself to finish Arkham City because it was so boring story wise.

hmm I didn't find the story of AC to be boring, just bad ^^
The story of AO is ...well....I really don't know. It's okay I think. More straightforward like Arkham Asylum. I'm still at 43 % so I expect some highlights. Because that's the only big problem so far. With exception of the first two hours and one sidemisson there aren't any memorable moments so far.
On the one hand Arkham City has tons of them but on the other hand....the story was a mess. So I guess you can't have a good story AND bossfights around every corner ^^

The story of AO is ...well....I really don't know. It's okay I think. More straightforward like Arkham Asylum. I'm still at 43 % so I expect some highlights. Because that's the only big problem so far. With exception of the first two hours and one sidemisson there aren't any memorable moments so far.
On the one hand Arkham City has tons of them but on the other hand....the story was a mess. So I guess you can't have a good story AND bossfights around every corner ^^

Hey, is this true? Do they pull it off well? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87164968&postcount=22 (possible spoilers)

I have cancelled and reordered the PC versions from amazon like 3 times in the last week. I loved the first two, maybe I should just go with my gut and wait to see what people say after its out.

Slixshot

Banned

How's the acting?

I have cancelled and reordered the PC versions from amazon like 3 times in the last week. I loved the first two, maybe I should just go with my gut and wait to see what people say after its out.

Comes down to $$$, bro! If you're saving for a new console, then f' it and just wait for the blackfriday deal. If you're just sitting in a tub of money right now, why not explore a new batman game at the same time of everyone else?

Xux

If your pc can run it I see no reason not to get it on pc. There are unconfirmed reports of some slight fps drops when gliding on ps3, if that bothers you then pc might be the best choice.
My PC's pretty crappy so I'm sticking with PS3.

Also, I get to use the dopey Knightfall suit earlier! Be cool if they had the weird super long eared Bruce Wayne Batman from that era.

Eusis

Straya cunt. It's 10:53am now. If it ticks over to "13 hours" when it's 11am then I guess it just unlocks at whatever midnight is in your region.
You might actually be the exception, the time it's set to unlock here is the same as the UK's midnight, though I guess language may be a factor.

Rnr1224

looking at some specs and it looks like my PC may barely be able to run this. It can run Arkham City just fine but some of the GPU specs are higher for Arkham origins. If it cant run it, itll be a shame that i spent $30 for voucher. I may just wait for a deal for the Wii U version if i decide that i really want it.

The story of AO is ...well....I really don't know. It's okay I think. More straightforward like Arkham Asylum. I'm still at 43 % so I expect some highlights.

Almost halfway through and it's just "well I don't know, it's okay I think" raises all sorts of red flags. Starting to feel like this game is just a late gen cash in.

Almost halfway through and it's just "well I don't know, it's okay I think" raises all sorts of red flags. Starting to feel like this game is just a late gen cash in.

But to be honest: Both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City didn't have a great story.
Arkham Asylum has the best atmosphere
Arkham City has the best pacing
Arkham Origins is just more Batman.

edit: If you don't like Arkham City I wouldn't buy Arkham Origins.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
i couldn't resist and watched a fight with one of the assassins, god damn, this batman is so dark man, he doesn't fuck around, it was awesome, i like it

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
i found it funny the way people downplay this game and is all just because it was made by another studio, it really shows how bias some gamers are when it comes to devote your loyalty to a company, the game looks great but i bet some reviewers will deduct points because another company made it, they will look for the little things that went wrong to trow the punch, preloaded on steam and ready to play it till the end

Slixshot

Banned
i found it funny the way people downplay this game and is all just because it was made by another studio, it really shows how bias some gamers are when it comes to devote your loyalty to a company, the game looks great but i bet some reviewers will deduct points because another company made it, they will look for the little things that went wrong to trow the punch, preloaded on steam and ready to play it till the end

My guess is the game is reviewed by many as 7.5-8 when it's really 8-8.5 (maybe even 9) worthy but it will be deducted points for your reason above and the multiplayer not adding anything to the game.

Eusis

edit: If you don't like Arkham City I wouldn't buy Arkham Origins.
Given that I really liked Arkham City and am kind of hungering for more WITHOUT diving back in and 100%ing it this sounds good enough for me. Especially as I loved the heavily snowed over aesthetic.
It's natural skepticism that has been validated at times: we know the original guys can produce an awesome game, but it gets handed off to people we may not know much about and so we become skeptical of whether it'll still be good or not. And we HAVE seen both terrible and amazing results from this: Retro got to make "FPS Metroid", something that made long time fans recoil, yet it actually turned out fantastic, and inversely we had Operation Racoon City for Resident Evil and... uhh, yeah.

Not that original developers are fool proof, Sakamoto headed up Other M but that was probably the weakest 3D Metroid in the series.

Effect

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but we got our copies of the Wii U version today, and I noticed two things about it:

1) The Deathstroke DLC is featured, and is downloadable
2) Human Head worked on the port in some capacity

1 - Good. How I just hope this holds up with the rest of the content.

2 - Is this good or bad? Not familiar with their work.

Also does the Wii U eShop version come with the Deathstroke content since you can preorder form there? There is no page up on the eShop so no way of knowing either way other then what is in the trailer.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest I can't see the problem here. The twist in Arkham City
Clayface is the Joker
was worse than that.

Really? I kinda liked that twist since
I solved a riddle which gave me a story on Clayface and ended questioning what were his whereabouts. When I saw him I told myself "so that's what he was doing!".
I really liked it. Hope I like the presentation of this one too then!

TDLink

1 - Good. How I just hope this holds up with the rest of the content.

2 - Is this good or bad? Not familiar with their work.

AFAIK, the season pass is confirmed for Wii U.

Good to have confirmation of the deathstroke stuff on wii u. Was the code in the case? I am curious as to why Amazon says pre-order of that version doesn't have it now.

Effect

AFAIK, the season pass is confirmed for Wii U.

Good to have confirmation of the deathstroke stuff on wii u. Was the code in the case? I am curious as to why Amazon says pre-order of that version doesn't have it now.

It's still there on the Amazon.com page, along with the $10 credit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Says I have 21 hours, and it's showing 10/24. That on Greenland time????

Wha... what? D:

Yeah, the unfortunate part, is that a large section of the original cast, were already pretty old back when they did it. Voice of Alfred has to be near 100 by now.

Great, just got spoiled over on gfaqs because of some asshole's poorly worded topic title spelled out how the game's plot unravels.

Just ugh man. Some people...I dunno if the dude was just totally oblivious or just an asshole, but god dammit I was really hoping to make it through to the end of this one unscathed >.>
You want to call me an asshole, say it to my face bro. It wasn't poorly worded and you still don't know jack about the game.

Effect

Ah I see it now. :( Didn't notice a few minutes ago. That's certainly new and wasn't there yesterday I believe or even earlier in the day. I've been going back and forth on ordering vs getting it off the eShop since I still have money left over from the Fire Emblem/SMT 4 deal.

Edit:

Okay. The Wii U eShop does have a product page for the game. You have to search for it as it's not linked on the front page yet and the current Batman AO link leads to a trailer instead. The page doesn't say anything about about the Deathstroke DLC in the description but then again the DLC page could go up when the game comes out.

Okay I'm a masochist and spoiled all the plot for myself.

I like the plot considerably more than AC, there's alot more emotions in this and it feels really Batman-y.

Good to hear. I love emotion-driven Batman stories, and that recent TV spot left me hoping this one will pack a bit more than AA or AC did in that regard.

pa22word

You want to call me an asshole, say it to my face bro. It wasn't poorly worded and you still don't know jack about the game.

I did when I pm'd you on GFAQs, that is unless your sarcasm detector is broken in half. Let's not make this cross board, shall we? There's enough vitriol to be spewed over there rather than complicating the matter by slinging shit at each other across two boards.

I did when I pm'd you on GFAQs, that is unless your sarcasm detector is broken in half. Let's not make this cross board, shall we? There's enough vitriol to be spewed over there rather than complicating the matter by slinging shit at each other across two boards.
A whole lot of difference in what you said to me there than what you're saying here.

If you didn't want it to be cross board, don't complain about it here in the first place dude, and assume the guy you're complaining about isn't reading.

pa22word

A whole lot of difference in what you said to me there than what you're saying here.

PM on gafqs: sarcastic message essentially telling you to go fuck yourself for spoiling the game
Message on gaf: some asshole on gfaqs spoiled the game

Yes, so much difference there.

If you didn't want it to be cross board, don't complain about it here in the first place dude, and assume the guy you're complaining about isn't reading.

You're assuming I cared whether or not you had a gaf profile when I made that post and I didn't know you had a gaf profile. You're wrong on both counts.

I just didn't care.

And again, as I said in my last post: this isn't the place for this. It started over there, and I'll finish it over there. You can keep spewing your mouth here if you want, but I shan't be responding anymore. The only reason I "brought it over here" (which I didn't,I didn't name you personally) is because I was just openly expressing frustration at someone spoiling the game.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I stepped into an argument from another household all of a sudden.

Note to self: use different nicknames throughout different websites.

Top Bottom