• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but we got our copies of the Wii U version today, and I noticed two things about it:

1) The Deathstroke DLC is featured, and is downloadable
2) Human Head worked on the port in some capacity

So will my local GS give me a code or something with it, or is it in the box?

Mine is doing a midnight opening tonight for it, I just might go.

2s1rs6cdqszu.gif

You two, should play the multiplayer together as Batman and Robin.

Nah, one of them needs to be Nightwing. More tension there.

The Friday release is killing me. KILLING ME!

I finished GTA too fast.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Unlock is in an hour and twenty here. Assuming it actually unlocks.

I had no trouble using TunnelBear with Steam. It even changed prices on Steam (I'm in Euro zone, and when I restarted it after running TunnelBear, it showed all prices in US $). I guess we'll find out in an hour or so. Will let you know how it goes.

DrBo42

Game is unpacking via Japan VPN now. For some reason I had to clear out my internet cache and cookies etc before Steam accepted the location change.

Ridley327

So will my local GS give me a code or something with it, or is it in the box?

Mine is doing a midnight opening tonight for it, I just might go.

It's in the box. I think it's meant to be along the lines of the Catwoman activation code from Arkham City, though obviously far less substantial in this instance.

after beating AC again... it really does bum ya out that there isn't really any substantial new combat animations or anything when rocksteady didn't give a fuck, building entirely full fledge characters like robin/catwoman/nightwing who at most have 40min of gameplay in the campaign/dlc (nightwing was challenge exclusive right?). And batman with a sword had completely new animations and is used literally for just 1 part of a boss fight.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TunnelBear stopped working with Steam yonks ago. (Edit: Apparently it works again. Glad to see developers finally got that sorted.) Use FlyVPN's free service and connect to the Japan server.

If I unlock it this way, do I need to keep Steam in offline mode afterwards until the game is actually released here in the states?

You don't need to switch to Offline Mode at all. Run VPN -> Launch game -> Quit VPN. Leaving Steam in Offline Mode is just oh-so-slightly easier because you don't need to worry about using a VPN again if you quit the game.

Schnozberry

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but we got our copies of the Wii U version today, and I noticed two things about it:

1) The Deathstroke DLC is featured, and is downloadable
2) Human Head worked on the port in some capacity

Is the framerate better than arkham city?

JaseC

Damnit, I think you guys just convinced me to break Steam's TOS and unlock this early. I really hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt later.

There are no known reports of Valve taking action against those who use a VPN for reasons other than bypassing region-specific pricing.

WaltJay

It's showing as unlocking in 9 hours in the US; guess I know what I'll be playing tonight. :)

So how big of a sucker will I be if I buy the Season Pass? I keep buying them, even though I've been burned in the past (hello SR3, Gears Judgment....)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257070/

I mean, it looks like a good amount of content for $20, right guys? RIGHT?!?

I'm part of the problem :(

It's showing as unlocking in 9 hours in the US; guess I know what I'll be playing tonight. :)

So how big of a sucker will I be if I buy the Season Pass? I keep buying them, even though I've been burned in the past (hello SR3, Gears Judgment....)

You are indeed part of the problem, especially if you support a season pass that is 75% skin packs. This one definitely does not seem worth it and I've never quite understood the point of jumping on the season pass until you've played at the very least, the main game.

It's in the box. I think it's meant to be along the lines of the Catwoman activation code from Arkham City, though obviously far less substantial in this instance.

Ahh that's awesome to hear it's in the box and Wii U buyers didn't get screwed on this one.

thanks for the info!

GeoGonzo

WaltJay, it is your money and you can and will do whatever you want... but I'm not even joking, this shit really is damaging the industry and sending a terrible message.

SparkTR

Just to confirm the game seems well optimized on PC. I'm getting 35-45 FPS with everything maxed out including DX11 and PhysX on an aging 560Ti, which is insane to me. The smoke effects are also insanely awesome.

Well, to be fair, I was at GameStop on Sunday. One of the employees was pulling out the big advert poster for the season pass and I commented to the other employee how it was ironic because the season pass was basically a criminal act (Batman, criminals, get it!?!). He seemed a bit oblivious to the fact that most of the content in the pack were skins and said he'd never been burned by a season pass, "especially not the Borderlands 2 one." So, you're not alone is my point.

Naminator

Banned
I already have this pre-loaded!

Yesterday I finished playing through Batman AC again and right now playing through Batman AA.

Man I hope that Origins will be just as good as these games :)

JaseC

Just to confirm the game seems well optimized on PC. I'm getting 35-45 FPS with everything maxed out including DX11 and PhysX on an aging 560Ti, which is insane to me. The smoke effects are also insanely awesome.

Nice to hear. Things should only improve with patches and driver updates.

Hasney

Lovely, same GPU I have too so I'll knock down some SSAO and anisotropic since I usually don't see too much of a quality bump for the performance impact and I'll be away. Can't wait until the weekend!

Axiom

I don't know what it is in comparison to the last two I played on PC, but everything just looks so much sharper and everything just feels snappier.

My hardware is exactly the same as it was those times as well - I only played through the last two since I got the pack at GMG. Unless somehow Windows 8.1 has a feature I wasn't aware of.

Only played the tutorial mission before stopping to head to bed, but this is an Arkham game all right.

Top Bottom