• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Lima

Anyone else having problems getting Worst Nightmare Rank 6 (Takedown Variation)? Swear I've done it 6 times in the challenges but it will not complete.

The worst nightmare stuff is glitchy as hell. The rank 4 one with the sonic batarang took like 5 or 6 tries before it registered as completed. It sucks too because there are not that many predator rooms during the campaign and it looks like there is no way to do these during a predator challenge map.

Need a little Help:
I'm at blackgate prison in the sewers, just used a batarang and electrified it to raise the water .... but I just don't know what to do next. I have a grapple point and a wooden surface to go through but I just can't reach it cause of the water.... Help a brother out.

I'm totally stuck.

edit: Forget it... the damn glue wouldn't appear in the water cause I threw it too close to the wall.

Something that somewhat disappointed me is that characters' bios lack the "first appearance" line, which was present at least in Arkham Asylum. It's a minor thing, but I miss it for some reason.

It's another symptom of the game seeming to divorce itself from the comics history more so than the Rocksteady games. I'm loving the game so far, but unlike the previous two games I don't feel like WB Montreal are superfans of the character and Batman universe.

Double D

I beat the game, then went out to do more stuff. I can't interrogate people. Tried two different instances. I beat everyone around the guy I need to interrogate, then he gives up, but there is no button prompt and pressing Y does nothing. PC version.

edit: Also I was kind of shocked that I beat the game already. Not sure of the game clock, but my progress is at like 25% or something. Didn't really touch much of the riddler stuff, though.

GeoGonzo

Anyone else having problems getting Worst Nightmare Rank 6 (Takedown Variation)? Swear I've done it 6 times in the challenges but it will not complete.

It took me a while to realize that the ground takedown IS a takedown (So no punching and finishing them off while they're down: Wait for them to stand up again and keep punching.)

-edit-

Wait, nevermind. Misread that.

That interview sequence between Harley and Joker after the hotel fight was pretty amazing, especially loved the red hood nod.

Story wise this is impressing me far more than I thought it would - not to mention massive kudos is due to the VAs. I came for the freeflow but I'm staying for the yarn!

I can understand a lot of the complaints around combat but I think it is glorious - you really have to think and look before brainlessly bashing attack and that's refreshing to me. I do think the camera is fucked in some encounters though, City had a way of angling it just right.

strafer

Give me dat open world

Tswg7eZ.jpg

JDMC13

The worst nightmare stuff is glitchy as hell. The rank 4 one with the sonic batarang took like 5 or 6 tries before it registered as completed. It sucks too because there are not that many predator rooms during the campaign and it looks like there is no way to do these during a predator challenge map.

Wait, you can't do these during challenge maps? So that means you have a regular game and new game plus to get them all or you're locked out?

Sober

Wait, you can't do these during challenge maps? So that means you have a regular game and new game plus to get them all or you're locked out?
Pretty much. Hopefully they patch those out or let us do them for challenge maps. Even the later combat ones are tough to do in the post-game if you finish sidequests and stuff since they won't throw THAT MANY enemies at you.

Derrick01

Banned
I really don't want Batman to become another GTA clone with a batmobile and possibly the batwing too. Gliding and grappeling around is the best part of traveling in these games. It'd be like giving Spiderman 2 a helicopter to use.

Dysun

Next gen Rocksteady game should incorporate Superman, or the Justice League.

If we go the Arkham route, I hope they go full open world with cars, civilians, and sidekicks

Once I get the platinum for Last of Us within a couple days, I'll be picking this up.

So um, looking at the Wii U thread, it seems like there's issues with the PS3 version? Or did I read wrong? How bad? Already shelved the 360, so curious to know how manageable this is.

Sober

I really don't want Batman to become another GTA clone with a batmobile and possibly the batwing too. Gliding and grappeling around is the best part of traveling in these games. It'd be like giving Spiderman 2 a helicopter to use.
The Bruce Wayne parts of the game should involve you driving around the city buying up properties. And then when night rolls around you drive back to the Batcave and go to crush some faces.

Eusis

Part of the problem with doing that in Spiderman is that it'd be grossly out of character, whereas the Batmobile and Batwing are long time parts of the Batman universe. At the least they'd be more interesting options than just fast traveling around the place, and they sort of work as like 3 different layers I'd think (Batmobile for ground level, Batwing for the skies, and Batman for the rooftops.)
People want it to go bigger? Origins is already pushing the boundaries of how big a Batman game like this should be
That IS part of why you'd bring in the Batmobile and Batwing: to go bigger you need either vehicular access or to be able to run and climb at crazy speeds, and this isn't a Flash or Superman game.

Going any bigger than Origins would require some retooling of the game mechanics. Which sounds like a good challenge for Rocksteady to take on next gen

JohngPR

EDIT: Nope, that doesn't work on the Steam version. It sounds like the WiiU has the only version of the game that the Riddler side quest can be finished on.

There's a way to glitch your way to the top of the tower in the PC version. I did it last night and I was able to complete it.

People want it to go bigger? Origins is already pushing the boundaries of how big a Batman game like this should be
I think we can go bigger, but in order to do that they need to move past the Arkham branding and make something entirely new.

That way, we can get some new architecture/art for what we've already seen and expand the world some more. Keep it fresh and exciting. I think sticking with the combat, grapnel traversal, and many more of the series staples is a wise idea, but changing the style of the game a bit could be the right way to go at this point.

For example, the Batwing in this game. The cutscene for this looks super badass, but think of if that was just player controlled instead and doing this yourself... it would be sick. Not that I want the Batwing just cruising around through the city, though. That shit should have a minimum altitude above building height or something. I say nay to batmobile, unless it's limited to some story sequences.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Is anyone going to attempt I Am The Night? A few of these NG+ fights are pretty damn hard. I think I need a controller that won't disconnect before trying it on my PC.

They should just go full on No Man's Land. That series is perfect for a videogame.

The problem is Arkham City was so close to NML that there's no way they could get away with that again.

It would have been awesome for next gen though. Have a game with a normal open world Gotham and then at the end of the game have the super quake and set up the NML sequel.

Sojgat

Batman: Gotham City - fully populated open world. Maybe lock off heavily populated areas at street level unless a crime is happening; Batman casually walking around a crowded city centre would look really dumb.

I feel the size of the map in this game is a bit pointless though - almost every building looks the same, so you never know where you are, and there are never civilians or cars around anyway. Doesn't feel like a living, breathing city.

scoobs

where the fuck is the morgue? This map system is god awful for multlevel maps.

Map definitely sucks ass. One of the few complaints i have w/ this game. Overall a pretty amazing experience, really surprised at the reviews. However, I totally agree that the city feels dead. Hopefully next-gen will give us dat living city

I like this game a lot on the surface, but the more I play it the more the technical problems are starting to wear away at my enjoyment. Problems both big and small.

wowzors

Anyone else get this off of greenman? I thought it said it came with the deathstroke stuff but I dont see any codes or anything.

wutwutwut

This game is so damn buggy. I keep getting kicked out of my *single player* game with "No network".

Also I can't perform a hanging ledge takedown for the life of me.

eshwaaz

Next gen Rocksteady game should incorporate Superman, or the Justice League.
I don't know why so many people want this. Batman and his related characters and universe are plenty strong enough to support more games. Anything outside of that would risk turning into something other than a Batman game.

Permanently A

Uh, how do I beat
TN-1 Bane?

I did a grate and silent takedown but they aren't working anymore, what else can I do? Alfred mentioned something about the electric doors, but I couldn't figure out how to lure him into them.

Dysun

I don't know why so many people want this. Batman and his related characters and universe are plenty strong enough to support more games. Anything outside of that would risk turning into something other than a Batman game.

That's why I said Rocksteady game and not Batman game :)

kodecraft

This, its amuses me to see some posters want basically GTA: Batman Edition or Batman: Arkham GTA

kodecraft

I think we can go bigger, but in order to do that they need to move past the Arkham branding and make something entirely new.

That way, we can get some new architecture/art for what we've already seen and expand the world some more. Keep it fresh and exciting. I think sticking with the combat, grapnel traversal, and many more of the series staples is a wise idea, but changing the style of the game a bit could be the right way to go at this point.

Might as well keep it Arkham if you want to keep the combat.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Uh, how do I beat
TN-1 Bane?

I did a grate and silent takedown but they aren't working anymore, what else can I do? Alfred mentioned something about the electric doors, but I couldn't figure out how to lure him into them.

When you do a takedown and he gets ready to start charging pay attention to the prompts, when you pass by an electric door it will give you a prompt that will kick him into the door and deal big damage. Also you can do corner and grate takedowns on him.

pa22word

This, its amuses me to see some posters want basically GTA: Batman Edition or Batman: Arkham GTA

Yeah, this. Origins is already stretching the series about as far as it can realistically go on world density vs world size. Personally I wouldn't mind if they made the next game half the size if it was filled with 3x the content as this one is. But then again they can't really quantify that in a back 'o the box checklist fashion without it looking like a "negative" (OMG IT'S SMALLER??!?!11), so yeah...

Squishy3

Just finished the game. Really enjoyed it. Definitely another good romp in a Batman game.

Mid-game spoilers or so:
The first Bane fight was super annoying on Hard.

Derrick01

Banned
Alright so what's this huge glitch I kept reading about in one of the radio towers? I think I'm at the one now but I'm scared to do anything for fear of ruining my game.

Squishy3

Alright so what's this huge glitch I kept reading about in one of the radio towers? I think I'm at the one now but I'm scared to do anything for fear of ruining my game.
It's in the Burnley radio tower. All you have to do is restart from the last checkpoint. If you go back in for whatever reason the grate that closes behind you won't close behind you. You can't access it until you get the remote batclaw, though.

Batman: Gotham City - fully populated open world. Maybe lock off heavily populated areas at street level unless a crime is happening; Batman casually walking around a crowded city centre would look really dumb.

I don't think it would be as cool or work as well as everyone thinks it would

When you open up a game like that you lose a LOT of narrative focus and that's where these games shine

People saying to bring in the batmobile, I think that would be horrible.

Top Bottom