• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Here is how I see it working:

First don't think of a huge open world like GTA V, but more like Sleeping Dogs which has many areas within it's land mass that are totally inaccessible to the player. Populated public areas should also be inaccessible, unless some scripted event/setpiece alters this condition. If you glide down into such an area, the game would simply turn you back as in Origins and AC when you go to the edge of the play area. The game would still be set at night, so outside of certain central areas there would still be very few people around and very little traffic on the roads. Certain areas could become busier at certain times, perhaps a large parade takes place at some point during the story.

The Batmobile should be the only vehicle Batman can drive (no GTA style car jacking lol). Batman does not kill, so there will be no using it as a weapon or crashing into pedestrians. They could always jump out of the way just in time like in Driver: SF, or the player might simply have limited control of the vehicle outside of specific instances. The Batmobile could be driven simply for getting around the map or optionally as a fast travel system. Specific missions would be designed around it's use (timed races to locations, race through exploding environment, etc), but otherwise it would be quite limited, and just a cool thing to have in the game for fans.

Combat, stealth, and traversal could all be handled in much the same way as the previous games. The big difference would be the variety and scope that the larger populated environment allows for in terms of mission design, in particular sidequests. A civilian population could add another element to the game - more hostages, more crime variety, Batman has to protect/rescue them as much as he has to neutralize the criminals. It also provides for different storytelling opportunities that the largely deserted open worlds of the previous games do not. For example, terrorists might take over a charity event Bruce Wayne is hosting, and the player must slip away, suit up, free the hostages... and fight Maxie Zeus or whoever.

It doesn't have to be a massive departure, the open world environment just needs to be really well designed. I apologize if this entire post comes off like the rantings of a madman.

The parade/charity event scenarios sounds like a lot of fun (as long as they ditch Arkham's Bioshock-ish art style; it's getting old)

A populated quasi-open world like Prey or Infamous' should be easy to do right? It would be funny if being frequently spotted by civilians or causing lots of collateral damage will result in some form of penalty to your gameplay.

Bottom line: I want Batmobile highway chases!!

KHlover

Banned
Hm, I haven't noticed a big difference between the combat in AC and AO yet. Perhaps it's become a bit easier. Even against a group of only 4-5 thugs it's so easy to do a 20hit combo since Batman easily jumps 10m to the next enemy if you press roughly in the right direction. Upgraded explosive gel is OP if you use double tap to plant it. As are the spamable Stun Grenades.

That one armed thug in a group also isn't too bad if you focus on him first and then "guard" his gun.

Nephrahim

Hm, I haven't noticed a big difference between the combat in AC and AO yet. Perhaps it's become a bit easier. Even against a group of only 4-5 thugs it's so easy to do a 20hit combo since Batman easily jumps 10m to the next enemy if you press roughly in the right direction. Upgraded explosive gel is OP if you use double tap to plant it. As are the spamable Stun Grenades.

That one armed thug in a group also isn't too bad if you focus on him first and then "guard" his gun.

This. I have 250 hours played in AC, and easily another 100 in AA on my 360.... And I don't feel a huge difference in the combat. They have changed some things (Aerial re-directs take WAY longer which make them more risky) but all these issues I've heard people have like not being able to strike then counter, or not being able to counter mid-ground pound (Which you never could)... I just don't feel it.

Kabuto

is the Disarm Combat move glitched for me or did I just not unlock it yet? I have all the upgrades in the Combat skill tree so I dunno why I can't use it.

Which is the takedown combo? Not the R2 + Triangle one?

I think I've unlocked a Circle + X takedown move, but I'm super goofy when it comes to pressing those two together (or any two-in-a-row that aren't parallel to my thumb).

I'm not sure about PS controller because I haven't played Arkham with one since the original (which I borrowed from a friend on PS3), but if it maps 1-1 with the 360 pad, then "Takedown" is Circle+Triangle. You start the game with this move in AC/AO, but you had to buy it in AA.

Multi-ground takedown is one you have to unlock still. It's in the combat / combo unlock tree, whatever its called, you can get it after you buy the first 3 levels of bullet armor I think. It would be X + Circle.

Square+Triangle would be disarm and destroy although I think that's locked until you finish the penguin quest. X + Square is the bat swarm move, which is very useful for crowd control! Using it will stun everybody in a large area allowing you to pummel some fools and get your combo back up. Also, make use of quickfire gadgets if you want to mix things up. Quickfire batclaw (L2 + Triangle, I *THINK*) is pretty good for opening hostilities or grabbing guys with guns who are far away. You can be interrupted during it though, so watch out. Quickfire batarangs can be good, the explosive gel can be good, it all depends. Sheeit, you can quickfire concussion grenades to stun a dangerous foe. Go into challenge mode to test out your skills on dudes. Get these special combo moves down, they're important. I feel like AO is the first game in the series that has encouraged you to play better for any reason other than scoring high on challenge modes.

L00P

I switched from hard mode to normal mode. Combat is more enjoyable in this mode. I'm not sure if I wanna touch hard mode again

pa22word

I gotta say, I really don't like how they're tied to skill progression. I'm still lvl 3 for Worst Nightmare, and I think I'm halfway through the game.

Yeah, while I'm really happy with their implementation of them in the combat scenarios (which are virtually always accessible due to the way the overworld is set up + random crimes for larger encounters) due to the way they provide a very real incentive for doing well and playing properly, they simply don't work very well in the predator encounters due to purely finite number of them there are in the game in accordance to, well, to be frank...the game's really very wonky stealth AI.

And to be honest I'm not sure how to fix the way predator progression functions without overhauling the "stealth" (and I use that term /very/ loosely) entirely to make it more fluid and/or splitting the upgrade paths entirely.

Nephrahim

is the Disarm Combat move glitched for me or did I just not unlock it yet? I have all the upgrades in the Combat skill tree so I dunno why I can't use it.

You haven't unlocked it, probably.

It's an auxiliary upgrade you get for beating hawk, one of the guys on your most wanted list.

I didn't get it until well after I beat the main story.

scoobs

So this is beating Arkham City for me, does anyone else feel that way or am I just crazy?

Minus the bugs, this is a better game. I just finished and I'm willing to say that was the best story in a video game I've come across this generation. Spectacular writing/acting. Wow, can't wait to play new game +

Jaroof

An enemy glitched up after I defeated him, so...

20131028_020837_zps3901516a.jpg

Also, I thought it was weird how enemies barely do anything when you're hanging on a ledge below them. They shout out things like "Where'd he go?!", even though they're looking directly at you.

pa22word

So this is beating Arkham City for me, does anyone else feel that way or am I just crazy?

I totally feel this way too. While not as polished as previous entries (and again, I'd probably most of that on Warner for trying to beat the nextgen doomsday clock) I think AO is just a flat out better designed game in a lot of ways. I especially like the subtle, but immediately noticeable changes to the combat system.

Sober

The multi-enemy finisher combo is one you can unlock with leveling up, and it lets me take down 3-5 enemies simultaneously. Everyone on the ground will get finished off by it and you can't take hits when you're pulling it off. I forget its exact name but its like multi-ground takedown or something like that. I can take out a pack of 4 regular enemies in about 8 seconds flat.
I noticed that unlike AC if there are no targets, it no longer fails you out of the combo. Whether or not it counts to variation bonuses if it doesn't, I haven't really tested.

Kabuto

You haven't unlocked it, probably.

It's an auxiliary upgrade you get for beating hawk, one of the guys on your most wanted list.

I didn't get it until well after I beat the main story.

that's why. I was going to start that mission the next time I played. Why would they put a necessary combat move in a side mission?

Nephrahim

that's why. I was going to start that mission the next time I played. Why would they put a necessary combat move in a side mission?

Yeah, it was an odd choice. It's not the only nice upgrade they put in something like that (I know a lot of people were missing critical hits for most of the game) but it is the one I felt most annoyed I didn't have in the many fights with 1-3 guys with guns thrown in.

Still, I managed. It's not necessary. Still an odd choice.

pa22word

1. It's not necessary.

2. To give you a tangible incentive to actually play and complete them. In AC there was next to no reason to actually complete sidequests other than to do them for the hell of it, which is a bad holdover from AA due to the way they simply retrofitted AA's systems into AC without really taking into account how an open world filled with sidequests might recontextualize how you use and gain those mechanics in this new environment.

SRTtoZ

The impression of a living Gotham City I think would be the next big step, yeah, if it were to follow the template of the Arkham games so far. It would need to draw from a pool of familiar concepts, but make some significant change or addition that impacts the overall design and presentation of the game. Much like City did for Asylum.

Obviously they're going to stick with the open world idea. Populating that world and structuring events to be more dynamic would be a pretty big change, along with main quests and side quests having deeper integration into the ebb and flow of the population interacting with the city. If it were big enough you could have scenarios like cops chasing after dudes in a van that bats must intercept from the skies.

Issue I could see is that structure would assuredly impact how much play space you have on the ground. I can't image the theme of a living city would work with bats casually walking populated streets. But that itself could be turned into a "notoriety" system, where you can walk amongst plebs, but frequency can attract certain events and negative attention towards bats.

Will be interesting to see what, if anything, Rocksteady does with Arkham 4 that sets it apart from City. I think the leap between Asylum and City, and the differences it introduced, was so great that it's going to be very hard. But it'll be a next gen game, so there's a good start. Origins following City's template is understandable, as the game has to be pushing current gen hardware limits. City size, density, population, and complexity of dynamic events has greater potential on the next round of hardware.

Agreed. Id love them to turn the city into a fully realized one but I don't want another Spiderman. Right now in this game the City is nice and all but it feels a bit dead...They need to liven it up a bit.

KHlover

Banned

It sucked me in more than AC did so far. I currently am at GCPD which imo beats every location from Arkham City. Great atmosphere.

The refocus on bringing in more of the stealth portion does wonders for the game. Incapitating 8 SWAT members without being seen a single second makes me feel more like Batman than beating up street thugs.

Also: You can't trump beating up thugs with a Christmas Jingle playing in the background. Perfection.

Nephrahim

It sucked me in more than AC did so far. I currently am at GCPD which imo beats every location from Arkham City. Great atmosphere.

The refocus on bringing in more of the stealth portion does wonders for the game. Incapitating 8 SWAT members without being seen a single second makes me feel more like Batman than beating up street thugs.

Also: You can't trump beating up thugs with a Christmas Jingle playing in the background. Perfection.

They have a couple of Cutscenes set to Christmas carols and they are hillarious

If they patch the bugs / glitches then I will not hesitate to say it's a better game. At the moment though it's rough.

Yea the glitches and bugs are pretty bad with this one from what I see around different forums. I had to delete the patch file on the PS3 in order for it to be playable, but ever since I did I have had very little performance issues and haven't experienced too many bad glitches.

pa22word

...speeeeaking of which:

Does anyone have a tracklist of the combat music in this game, specifically the some of the stuff that plays in the overworld when fighting? The OST sampler on YT and the actual tracks themselves on YT seem to be comprised solely of the game's ambient or "theme" music.

I just got a little bit further than the GCPD and it get's even better. You're absolutely right about the atmosphere pulling you in. The indoor levels in this trump Arkham City by a mile in my opinion.

Finished the game tonight.

Impressions:

Overall I enjoyed AO more than AC. AC's story was pretty ridiculous and crammed a lot of characters into it for nothing more than to have those characters in it. For most of AC, you're really just an errand boy for the villains. AO is very story driven and although the first third of the game is slow, by the time you encounter Joker, it becomes incredible. I actually prefer this portrayal of the Joker to the previous Arkham games, as blasphemous as it sounds. If anything, this Joker was the best thing about the game. AC started out fantastic but by the mid-way point it got stupid. The boss fights here are spectacular as well, something that was rather lackluster in Rocksteady's titles. The first Bane fight was amazing. The assassins definitely could have been used better; I was very disappointed that Deathstroke had such a small role after they marketed him so hard. The Joker reveal was pulled off MUCH better than I thought it would have.

I am having the same counter issue as alot of the people in this thread. Combat seems alot less forgiving and I found alot of instances where pressing triangle would not counter an enemy attack while I'm doing a move. I did hit one gamebreaking glitch where I would spawn and fall out of the map into an infinite black space and there are alot of accounts of glitches; it seems that the QA team at WB Montreal wasn't thorough with their assurance.

Alot of people have gripes with the city but personally, I had no issue with it. While assets are used from AC, I never felt like it wasn't different enough. AC is part of Gotham so it should not be surprising that it's in this game + I love the Christmas atmosphere of it. I would have preferred the city to not be so empty and devoid of citizens; I'm sure adding more bums on the streets would not have been a detriment.

Overall, despite a decent amount of technical issues, I think the game is fantastic and is about a 8/10.

pa22word

it seems that the QA team at WB Montreal wasn't thorough with their assurance.

That's...not really how game development works. If you work QA at a place like Warner you don't just miss things like this. I feel like a broken record here, but the most likely scenario here is that Warner thought they could not afford to delay the game past both Call of Duty, Battlefield, and the new systems. They set this date, and they were going to make this date come hell or high water. Thus, bugs and glitches that could have been otherwise cleaned up with an additional quarter or so of development.

In fact, if one were very cynical I'd say that due to the game being in as good of a shape as it's in period (and I use that phrase in the strictest /relative/ sense) , it's very likely that due to this that a sizeable chunk of the game was hacked off at some point in development just so they could hit their cert deadlines.

Obviously they're going to stick with the open world idea. Populating that world and structuring events to be more dynamic would be a pretty big change, along with main quests and side quests having deeper integration into the ebb and flow of the population interacting with the city. If it were big enough you could have scenarios like cops chasing after dudes in a van that bats must intercept from the skies.

I want this: High, high up.

2RQFT8f.jpg]

Issue I could see is that structure would assuredly impact how much play space you have on the ground. I can't image the theme of a living city would work with bats casually walking populated streets. But that itself could be turned into a "notoriety" system, where you can walk amongst plebs, but frequency can attract certain events and negative attention towards bats.

IoIEAGa.jpg

Nephrahim

I agree, the best way to improve the game is to improve the open world aspect. They already have amazing gameplay that they continue to tweak (Though I do worry they may eventualy add TOO much) the one place it seems lacking is the open world aspect.

PaulloDEC

I'm not sure about PS controller because I haven't played Arkham with one since the original (which I borrowed from a friend on PS3), but if it maps 1-1 with the 360 pad, then "Takedown" is Circle+Triangle. You start the game with this move in AC/AO, but you had to buy it in AA.

Multi-ground takedown is one you have to unlock still. It's in the combat / combo unlock tree, whatever its called, you can get it after you buy the first 3 levels of bullet armor I think. It would be X + Circle.

Square+Triangle would be disarm and destroy although I think that's locked until you finish the penguin quest. X + Square is the bat swarm move, which is very useful for crowd control! Using it will stun everybody in a large area allowing you to pummel some fools and get your combo back up. Also, make use of quickfire gadgets if you want to mix things up. Quickfire batclaw (L2 + Triangle, I *THINK*) is pretty good for opening hostilities or grabbing guys with guns who are far away. You can be interrupted during it though, so watch out. Quickfire batarangs can be good, the explosive gel can be good, it all depends. Sheeit, you can quickfire concussion grenades to stun a dangerous foe. Go into challenge mode to test out your skills on dudes. Get these special combo moves down, they're important. I feel like AO is the first game in the series that has encouraged you to play better for any reason other than scoring high on challenge modes.

Thanks for the tips, and thanks for translating them into Playstation controls. I think a bunch of these are still locked for me, but I probably need to spend more time in the training area first anyway.

Can you offer any tips to keep combos going? I've never been very clear on why it resets at seemingly arbitrary points in combat, and it's a huge hurdle in pulling off the takedowns.

Hurley

It's shame that some of the reviews would of put people off, as this is a fantastic game imo and for me personally, it's my favourite of the 3 which is something I did not think I would be saying at all.

I also love the the character designs a shit load more then the ones in the Rocksteady games.

Hope this team gets another shot at it next gen because they did an excellent job here.

Can you offer any tips to keep combos going? I've never been very clear on why it resets at seemingly arbitrary points in combat, and it's a huge hurdle in pulling off the takedowns.

Combos run out if you pause for too long between blows, if you receive a hit of any kind (including bullets), or if you try to do a move that fails in some way. For example, if there are no enemies behind you, but you push the stick behind you and try to do a stun or punch, the combo will end. In order to keep things flowing smoothly, it's a good idea to jump around in different directions constantly. So after you knock a guy down in the middle of a combo, instead of punching the guy next to him, try going after the guy that is a few steps away in a different directions, or even the guy who is on the other side of the arena.

Trying to maintain a combo throughout a whole fight can be challenging, but you'll get a feel for it in challenge maps.

So what's the best way to chase the Legendary A status after a combat? I'm currently hovering around B-C for the most part. I *think* I'm doing OK in fights (even though it can be overwhelming sometimes), but I rarely get an A rating. :/
Does it matter anyway? In terms of getting XP and leveling? I'm taking this game slowly, no rush so I guess I'll have plenty of XP before the end of the game, but still I have this nagging feeling I could be better at combat and that somehow that damn rating mocks me that I get less XP than I should get.

pa22word

It's shame that some of the reviews would of put people off, as this is a fantastic game imo and for me personally, it's my favourite of the 3 which is something I did not think I would be saying at all.

I also love the the character designs a shit load more then the ones in the Rocksteady games.

Hope this team gets another shot at it next gen because they did an excellent job here.

Someone posted a screen of a shipping container with a Queen Industries logo on it, and to honest it really got me thinking how well a Green Arrow game might work in the context of the free flow combat along with predator stealth gameplay...and...

I shockingly think that an "Arkham Arrow" game would really work fantastically. I mean based on what I've seen and read of the character he and Batman have enough overlap that it could work and not feel too unfamiliar to Arkahm series fans (deadshot, deathstroke, etc), and the TV show on the CW seems to be doing well enough now that I think the character could be marketable enough to be profitable if given a shot. They could even bring some real freshness into the series by introducing elements of lethality to the series main gameplay along with doing interesting thing's with the trick arrows. Let Warner Mont play around with Green Arrow for the title that's set to release after Rocksteady's new Batman Arkham game set to come out in the near future, could be interesting...

So what's the best way to chase the Legendary A status after a combat? I'm currently hovering around B-C for the most part. I *think* I'm doing OK in fights (even though it can be overwhelming sometimes), but I rarely get an A rating. :/
Does it matter anyway? In terms of getting XP and leveling? I'm taking this game slowly, no rush so I guess I'll have plenty of XP before the end of the game, but still I have this nagging feeling I could be better at combat and that somehow that damn rating mocks me that I get less XP than I should get.

One of the upgrades is directly tied to you getting an A rank on a High threat level or higher in a fight. I think it's number 10 on the combat tier thing.

As lnog as you don't get hurt, you should be fine. I got it plenty of times without even getting into different variations. I really think most of it is determined by whether you got hit or not.

Nephrahim

Don't get hit and don't drop a combo are the two biggest things. Other then that variation is key, you can't get a good score just striking and countering, you need to stun, beatdown, aerial attack, ultra stun, ground pound, redirect, and do a special combo move or two in one fight to get a decent score. Gadget variations also count but I think they're separate from the combat ones so you will get less for them, generally.

Nephrahim

As lnog as you don't get hurt, you should be fine. I got it plenty of times without even getting into different variations. I really think most of it is determined by whether you got hit or not.

You can definitely only get Ses in a perfect fight, or at least it's very hard to otherwise.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure I've gotten an A even after being hit 3 or 4 times when I pushed the combos hard.

You can definitely only get Ses in a perfect fight, or at least it's very hard to otherwise.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure I've gotten an A even after being hit 3 or 4 times when I pushed the combos hard.

If the fight has a big enough enemies counter, sure. You could get 3-4 times in a high or extreme level fight, maybe I should have added that. As a general rule though, if he wants to hit A, he should just put focus into not getting hurt. I'd say that's the best rule for anyone having trouble with the combat. Pace yourself during a fight, don't try and hit a variation every single move, it'll all come.

Nephrahim

You're right, of course, the biggest things are to not get hit, and not drop the combo.

To that point, you need to identify and deal with the problem enemy types. Guys with guns will shoot you if you leave them alone, they need to be dealt with. Armored goons can't be hit, guys with shields and stun batons can't be struck and have unblockable attacks, ect.

EekTheKat

Bit of a nitpick of AA/AC, but WB Montreal seems to have removed a move
the weird foward flip kick that Batman had in his move list. It seems to be replaced with a more standard looking kick.
Least it has never kicked in for me.

I never liked how that move looked so it's a plus to me.

I find the new combat (on hard difficulty at least) to be much, much more timing based now due to how aggressive the enemies are. If I slow down a bit in the combo it's a lot easier to determine where the hits will be coming from.

Once I adjusted to it though and leveled up enough it's business as usual with the beatdowns.

Eusis

I don't know why so many people want this. Batman and his related characters and universe are plenty strong enough to support more games. Anything outside of that would risk turning into something other than a Batman game.
Really, it's more that I'd want them to make a straight up Superman game or whatever, not just throw him or other DC heroes into a Batman game. Then I guess move on to Justice League afterwards.

SRTtoZ

I love the crime scene things but I really wish they were more hands off. Its basically one giant cutscene where you need to keep scanning things. I want to figure it out MYSELF.

While I'm finding the game overall to be much better than AC (in turn, much much better than AA) in terms of story and level/mission design, the combat, while more challenging, feels a lot less polished than before. I'm noticing odd animation blending and experiencing moments where Batman's movement is unpredictable. An example: I'm performing a beat down on an enemy, counter another enemy near wall, do a counter attack that smashes second enemy into wall, yet end up inside/behind first enemy which throws off the beat down because I'm pressing in the wrong direction. Enemies' thrown items seem to involve more finicky counter timing now too.

The enemies attack with greater frequency like in AC's Joker's Carnival challenge map. I don't see how this encourages switching things up and using other moves/gadgets. If players are constantly bombarded with attacks that can be countered, then they're more likely to just rely on countering instead of using the Just Cause hookshot (which afaik has no quickfire command). While I'm sure the obnoxious upgrade system has contributed to me using more diversity in combat, I'm more often than not feeling forced to counter rather than just having it as an option. Even if this encouraged player's to switch up their tactics, I'd still prefer AC's formula since it allowed the player more breathing room to take on enemies as they saw fit; I could play around during combat, but still had to prioritize certain enemies, or keep track of where everyone else was.

It's understandable why this approach was taken considering a common critique of the Arkham series' combat was that it was too easy. However, I never saw the combat as something that needs to be outright difficult in the game, especially with low-level thugs. You're playing as Batman after all; not getting hit at all and preserving Batman's image should be more of a concern than just surviving a given encounter. Having every fight feature a rapid stream of attacks makes the boss fights against assassins seem less intense. I just fought a boss that had me somewhat on edge, but I was countering as much as any other fight with no-name crooks.

Some of the encounters later on in AC were decently challenging if you were still getting used to the various enemy types. I liked that that's where the challenge came from. It'd still be better and make more sense if the enemies with better training would attack with more frequency than common criminals, but it still worked in AC.

Aesthetically, the AO fights suffer from a problem AA and AC had. No one is afraid of the bat. It's especially egregious here considering this is only year two of Batman when people still believed he was a myth. It seems the "enemy reaction time" slider was turned up without adjusting anything else; there have been times where I've done the badass "divebomb straight at the ground near enemies, three-point landing w/death stare" move yet some asshole runs up and smacks me before that landing animation is finished despite having landed a fair distance away. This is unacceptable. Enemies got spooked by that for longer in AC and by that point in the canon, people had a better understanding of how Batman operated. It puts a dent in the illusion you're controlling the Batman which is a big part of the game.

The worst offense of AO's combat is undoubtedly the loss of the thunder roll upon every knockout blow. It's amazing how much a difference that makes. They wanted this Batman to feel younger and less powerful by making combat more difficult? fine. Have him use weaker, more rudimentary gadgets to show he's still learning? All right. But remove the KO sound effect that encapsulated the very essence of Batman: a sound effect that let you know beyond any doubt the person on the receiving end of the blow was swiftly and soundly knocked unconscious. If that gunshot Max Payne describes in the first Max Payne game was an exclamation point, this Arkham sound was a period/full stop. There's no question as to where the evildoers criminal activities stop for the night. You knew you could let out a breath of true satisfaction upon hearing that noise because the threat was so completely nullified. A pithy, booming final note of the symphony you just played on the criminals' bodies.

the wimpish stock sounds used in Origins always makes me shake my head in disappointment. Completely undercuts what exists of the combat's quality.

While I'm finding the game overall to be much better than AC (in turn, much much better than AA) in terms of story and level/mission design, the combat, while more challenging, feels a lot less polished than before.

IMO the biggest problem is it's simply just less fun haha. For whatever value the changes have in making it more challenging, glitchy, anything, none of it is worth it since it's straight up a little less fun. Game's atmosphere, story and level design is brilliant, as well as looking amazing. AC's combat manages to be clever, challenging, while still being a blast. Also has a city that is more fun to explore the nooks and crannys. Mash them together = perfection.

aro52

I say semi-crazy. I'm historically not a fan of "boss fights", and these are no different. The story, core gameplay, and Christmas remix tunes are great, but those boss fights are serious wet blankets on my fun.

scoobs

Thought I had just gotten shittier at this game, but if its true they made the combat more difficult then I believe it 100%. Ran into tons of failed counters and stuff, really annoying when you're having to counter 2 dudes at once constantly.

Thought the boss fights were a highlight in this game.. surprised you didn't like them

Nephrahim

For everyone a little upset about how quick the combat is... have you tried just playing it on normal? It's a lot closer to the old school AC combat pace.

Top Bottom