• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Apeopleman

Yeah I've always thought Batman's no kill policy was pretty lame. Like you're going to keep letting the Joker (and others) go and in AA/AC they kill probably over 100 people so you finally catch them only...to repeat the process? He's purposely letting innocent people die because they always magically break out of prison.

But I guess if he killed too often they would have to create new characters, and that would require a lot of work!

I think Batman, in his sick mind enjoys fighting the criminals.

Just like Joker says, they complete each other.

Rnr1224

Do those show up on the world map? If not, well, I guess I thought I was closer to finishing than I really am.

Also if u put the cursor on the building, it will tell you how many data packs are left inside. Its displayed in the bottom left corner.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh my god they really did break the end or near end game with the patch. Don't read the following if you haven't gotten around 90% through the story.

The Bane prison fight is completely broken. It was going normal for me but on the 2nd round I died and when it restarted it loaded the first cutscene where Batman boots up his shock gloves while Bane has his foot on his neck. After skipping (or even waiting) the scene it automatically skips the 2nd part of the fight and loads the following cutscene where he Venoms up.

Then after beating him while he's venom'd and you have to shock his heart the game just goes completely black screen after doing it a few times. I can pause and reload checkpoint but it just takes me back to the scene where his shock gloves short out and the screen stays black with Alfred talking to me about the compound but the command on the screen says press X to shock Bane

FIX THIS SHIT IMMEDIATELY WB.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My save corrupted for the second time. I was pretty deep in on this go. I guess im done with trying to play the game now.

For it to have problems like this is completely unacceptable.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, they really DID break the end of the game with the patch. Holy shit.

Oh my god they really did break the end or near end game with the patch. Don't read the following if you haven't gotten around 90% through the story.

The Bane prison fight is completely broken. It was going normal for me but on the 2nd round I died and when it restarted it loaded the first cutscene where Batman boots up his shock gloves while Bane has his foot on his neck. After skipping (or even waiting) the scene it automatically skips the 2nd part of the fight and loads the following cutscene where he Venoms up.

Then after beating him while he's venom'd and you have to shock his heart the game just goes completely black screen after doing it a few times. I can pause and reload checkpoint but it just takes me back to the scene where his shock gloves short out and the screen stays black with Alfred talking to me about the compound but the command on the screen says press X to shock Bane

There's a (really stupid) workaround for now:
mash the button to shock throughout the cutscene. You'll get into the bane fight.

Eusis

Can we go back to Burnley Tower being screwed up?

Though it says I'm 58% of the way through the main story, but I got some of the sidequest stuff dealt with so I wouldn't be surprised if the last half took shorter than the first half.

JEKKI

man I heard this game got hella glitches or something??

coz I jus ran into one... a game ending one :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9nQXJ7ftg

during the mad hatter room with the big mirror

wthell so I have to start the game all over now?!?! I wanna refund ;_;

-edit-

I think it's a bug but i thought i would post here to be sure - i died during the
Mad Hatter
section of the game. When it reloads the checkpoint it loads the first few seconds of the room i died in... but when i get control of Batman this is my point of view: http://i.imgur.com/rhVdLaJ.jpg

With Rocksteady/WB's trickery in the past (particular with the console going offline moment in Asylum) - i was wondering if this was indeed a bug/glitch or part of the game ?
ahhh!! we got the same glitch!!!

seriously, this game is awful :( but I spent money so what to do?!?!?!

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
This shit is inexcusable... I started on normal and halfway through the game had the glitch where you fall through the floor repeatedly. I started a new save file and am now halfway through new game plus mode and it has done it again... so now I guess I am supposed to start a third save file, play it through on normal again then start new game plus again and hope it doesnt happen again... not to mention trying the I am the night game mode... I dont understand how this broken piece of shit got released in this state.

And while I'm at it, I dont even understand what they are talking about in the patch notes.... "try beating all the enemies in the room, or try going through a door" YOU ARE FREE FALLING FFS HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TRY EITHER OF THOSE THINGS?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's a bug but i thought i would post here to be sure - i died during the
Mad Hatter
section of the game. When it reloads the checkpoint it loads the first few seconds of the room i died in... but when i get control of Batman this is my point of view: http://i.imgur.com/rhVdLaJ.jpg

With Rocksteady/WB's trickery in the past (particular with the console going offline moment in Asylum) - i was wondering if this was indeed a bug/glitch or part of the game ?

Nope. This killed my save earlier in the week. Hope they patch it.

Eusis

Actually I think Burnley's still screwed up. Sure, I can grapple up to the duct now, but when I try to open at the other end I just sort of freeze in place.

Mind, I did clear it via the glitch, but it seems like the sort of thing that can affect anyone on their first go too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Batman's no kill/no gun policy is a relatively recent addition to the character and one that I think is for the betterment of the character. The moral/ethical questiond this raises have been addressed in the comics, albeit in a pretty unsatisfactory manner. For instance, he's outright stated (to Jason Todd, I believe) that he he's been tempted to take lives (especially the Joker's), but: "If [he does] that, if [he] allows [himself] to go down into that place... [he'll] never come back."

I like to think it stems from the fate that befell his parents. Batman is a crimefighter, right? His very earliest ideas and conceptions about what crime actually is come from that defining moment in Crime Alley, where [SPOILER ALERT!!!11!!1!] Joe Chill murdered his parents. It's also why he doesn't like using guns (he did in an earlier incarnation, but that's not the Batman we know now). If he killed people, he would be the very thing that he rose up to fight against. Murder is a crime and Batman is (arguably) at the opposite of end of the crime spectrum. It is the line that seperates him from the other costumed nutters that populate Gotham.

There are obviously metatextual reasonings too, but that is how I reconcile the whole thing in story.

I think my game has locked up twice post patch (PC). I'm finished with the game mostly for now, except challenge maps and online, so I'll wait until patch.

Nope. This killed my save earlier in the week. Hope they patch it.

I started replaying it again :-/, i've kept my original save just in case.... but eh i'm a glutton for punishment. Despite the general opinion on the internet about it being a glorified Arkham City expansion, i enjoyed what i played of it. Love how they have portrayed Batman, but the glitches and bugs are such a killjoy.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I started replaying it again :-/, i've kept my original save just in case.... but eh i'm a glutton for punishment. Despite the general opinion on the internet about it being a glorified Arkham City expansion, i enjoyed what i played of it. Love how they have portrayed Batman, but the glitches and bugs are such a killjoy.

I was really enjoying it up until the glitch. More Arkham City is no bad thing. I'm looking forward to getting back to it once they patch it. Till then, the surprisingly good Blacklist will do :)

GeoGonzo

I think my game has locked up twice post patch (PC). I'm finished with the game mostly for now, except challenge maps and online, so I'll wait until patch.

I'm in a similar situation: Since yesterday's patch the game will crash to desktop as soon as I press start from the main menu (right after the "checking for dlc message").

But since I already finished the campaign... well, I can wait.

I'm still having the game automatically skip all the dialogue after finishing Investigations. I get half an 'Alfred...' and then it's gone. I'm getting plenty of enemies that are half-sunken into the ground so I can't interact with them (great when I'm trying to get through a 'secure the area to continue' door), and some that don't look any different than normal but Batman still won't do anything with them. Don't want to start NG+ until this game's fixed.

I ran into a bug in the Pioneer Bridge section, before Firefly, where nobody could attack me and I could not attack anyone. This happened after resetting the game because I could not get a place to hookshot onto from the side of the bridge to get on the bridge because of another bug.

I made a video of it. Spoilers I guess. http://youtu.be/GCL01zghAm0

jey_16

Banned
I think I'm hopeless at this....no problems with AA and AC but I can't even defeat Deathstroke despite hours of trying. YouTube walkthroughs don't help and I'm only at the start of the game!

jey_16

Banned
What part do you have problems with?

Well I wait until he attacks and then I counter managing to get one or two punches on to him with limited damage, but if I go for more he just attacks me and I can counter most of them but the ones that do get through just takeaway so much of my health. It's just very slow and by the time I have got him to the sequence with his sword, I have very limited health left and it's game over

Tugatrix

Well I wait until he attacks and then I counter managing to get one or two punches on to him with limited damage, but if I go for more he just attacks me and I can counter most of them but the ones that do get through just takeaway so much of my health. It's just very slow and by the time I have got him to the sequence with his sword, I have very limited health left and it's game over

use the grappel and explosive gel. Also refrain your strikes too much and he will hit you...

Nabs

Screw that. You're supposed to attack him. Use the quick claw and get in there. Also, don't rush to press counter or you'll miss it.

Purple_Tentacle

Neo Member

If you can blind fight your way out of the mirror
room you can probably complete the level. It blows, though, because after the mirror the lillipad and a zip line are also glitched. The hatter level is 8 kinds of fucked.

Sojgat

Just punch him until he attacks, wait for the counter prompt, do not counter as soon as he attacks. He'll eventually do his jump in beat down and you do yours back. Repeat 3 times. Sometimes he will do the remote claw move with the barrel, just counter it, pull him towards you using the grapple gun, and keep punching.

I really think the reason so many people are having trouble with this fight is because you have to wait to counter until after Deathstroke has started his attack animation. You must wait for the prompt.

Trigger

Beat the game last night. The story is actually pretty disappointing IMO.

I'm just really over fighting the Joker. He's a cool character sure, but I thought the plot would eventually have the Black Mask resume control over his gang. I was surprised to find Deadshot and Lady Shiva were just sidequests.

Tohsaka

I ended up missing the "Flawless Display" trophy. I managed to beat Deathstroke without getting hit, but Shiva was too much of a pain with all the other enemies attacking as well. The two videos I watched of people doing it both had them using the Shock Gloves, which I hadn't gotten yet, so I guess I'll try and get the trophy if I bother doing a new game plus.

Slixshot

Banned

same problem and at this point we're over 90% done with the game. Shame too because I was really getting into it tbh. Baker is playing the most sadistic Joker. Love it.

Honestly, it seems like the actors they chose are top notch. But god damn, this needed a lot more time to to get rid of bugs.

Oh what the fuck?! I have the day off and was looking forward to completing this game after noticing the new patch, but apparently they've somehow managed to make it worse?! What the hell?

Guess I'll play Brothers.

IronRinn

Ran into the
Mad Hatter/mirror room
glitch last night. Guess that puts an end to my time with AO until they fix it. No way I'm starting over.

Splatt

Lack of development time is dissapointing.

Bugs and
what should be major bosses relegated to sidequest
really bring down the experience.

I'd have also liked to see more of
Black Mask
instead of the cameo role he had.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Did anyone else go visit Calendar Man yesterday? :)

Going back to AC is weird. I'm once again able to spam countering almost without fail to get my combo meter up. You can almost just sit and time counter presses through a whole fight, a very long fight, but one you will win.

Both the voices and the story are very much TAS. I appreciated the other interpretations spinkled into AO. Going back is a very "oh, TAS" moment. Batman's outfit, in particular, is kind of low on detail. Checking out Batman in AA again was a real trip. Two big, long slits, only in the right side of that cape, will forever bug me.

I can already tell I'm going to miss the fast travel. I also think I might stop playing because I read somewhere the GOTY of Arkham City edition doesn't support the original releases' save (on PS3), and start again after I pick up the GOTY one.

I find it interesting what a different feel they got with just the differences in the "rest of Gotham" background. Playing AO, I just assumed it was mostly the same. But going back in AC you can see the background city very clearly, and it feels like it's looming over your concentrated location. In AO, with the storm visuals, even the background of the city around you is more muted, and creates the more open feel.

Going back to AC is weird. I'm once again able to spam countering almost without fail to get my combo meter up. You can almost just sit and time counter presses through a whole fight, a very long fight, but one you will win.

Both the voices and the story are very much TAS. I appreciated the other interpretations spinkled into AO. Going back is a very "oh, TAS" moment. Batman's outfit, in particular, is kind of low on detail. Checking out Batman in AA again was a real trip. Two big, long slits, only in the right side of that cape, will forever bug me.

I can already tell I'm going to miss the fast travel. I also think I might stop playing because I read somewhere the GOTY of Arkham City edition doesn't support the original releases' save (on PS3), and start again after I pick up the GOTY one.

I find it interesting what a different feel they got with just the differences in the "rest of Gotham" background. Playing AO, I just assumed it was mostly the same. But going back in AC you can see the background city very clearly, and it feels like it's looming over your concentrated location. In AO, with the storm visuals, even the background of the city around you is more muted, and creates the more open feel.

Hm, I've been thinking of replaying AA for a little while now. I liked it a lot, but still preferred Batman AC because it was open world and just felt like the type of Batman environment that suited him. The freedom of doing what you wanted etc...

I really loved the take of Gotham in AO. It's primarily AC's Gotham, but there are so many more nooks and crannys to check out. It just feels a little more fleshed out. The main problem I have with this games City in particular, is the fact that there are no pedestrians. No cars driving around, nothing. The storm excuse is quite clearly a copout an it's incredibly disappointing overall.

The next Batman game better make some massive strides otherwise a lot of people will just get turned off the series.

the lack of riddler riddles in this game sucks. easily the coolest gimmick thing of AA AC.

its also a good way to give someone like me who doesn't really know that much of batman besides movies a good taste of the world.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
the lack of riddler riddles in this game sucks. easily the coolest gimmick thing of AA AC.

its also a good way to give someone like me who doesn't really know that much of batman besides movies a good taste of the world.

I was also poking around in the menus and profiles because there was so much of that good stuff in the first two games.

One profile has an audio tape symbol on it and its Bane. Then I look in the upper right and I see "audio files 1/29." Are these the same as the Enigma packs? Because I still have to get a lot of those. And there's been no tapes or other items I can see that correspond to the audio files. I was like "1 out of 29? But I finished the story!"

I was thinking earlier that it'll be cool if something's programmed in to occur if you play the game on Christmas Eve. Fingers crossed, eh.

And I, too, have been thinking about going back to Arkham Asylum. Might see if I can find a copy of the GotY version, so I can enjoy unlocking the achievements again. I'd like to try the 3D too, but won't bother if it's just Trioviz. I have a 3D TV and would prefer to use stereoscopic if I can. AC was awesome in 3D.

I was also poking around in the menus and profiles because there was so much of that good stuff in the first two games.

One profile has an audio tape symbol on it and its Bane. Then I look in the upper right and I see "audio files 1/29." Are these the same as the Enigma packs? Because I still have to get a lot of those. And there's been no tapes or other items I can see that correspond to the audio files. I was like "1 out of 29? But I finished the story!"

You unlock Audio tapes by completing Extortion packs (each datapack comes up saying 1/10, 2/10, etc). Once you complete a set you unlock an audio tape.

The best ones were the Mad Hatters in AC. So damn creepy!

Lima

And I, too, have been thinking about going back to Arkham Asylum. Might see if I can find a copy of the GotY version, so I can enjoy unlocking the achievements again.

Don't buy it on Steam though. They have patched out GFWL out of the Steam version, so no achievements anymore.

I'm reasonably far into the campaign
Just got the glue gun at the Batcave following the Bane hotel fight and the Joker/Harley bit

I haven't downloaded the patch from Steam yet. I also haven't come across the Deadshot Most Wanted mission yet.

So what's the consensus? If I'm hoping to avoid a game-ending glitch, am I better off downloading the patch now or not?

Top Bottom