• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

strafer

Good god... these credits!

Not only is there 3 studio's and a publisher's worth of credits, but just when you think it's done EVEN MORE START and these ones scroll up the screen slower than a paralysed snail.

I think they've been going for about 20mins now and it's just got to "DC International"

Gah!

You can skip it. :p

Derrick01

Banned
Big thanks to the new patch for erasing all my graphics setting back to default.

Oh well with how this game's gone down I should be glad it didn't erase my save.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm noticing quite a bit more stuttering/drops going on since the patch too. I put my settings back to exactly what they were before too so it's not a mistake on my end.

Time to take on Worst Nightmare. I hope you can use the skin online :p.

You can restart during worst nightmare, so unless you get super cocky it shouldn't be an issue.

void666

Banned
PC or console? On PC I didn't encounter a single glitch affecting the gameplay. That sucks for you :/
(at least you had basically finished the game anyways. The 2nd Bane encounter is the final boss fight)

Huh.. What? I thought i was halfway through the game. I have 25% done. Damn...
Should've waited for a steam sale...

I'm playing on pc by the way. I was wondering if this bug could've been introduced by the patch released today.

strafer

blackmasku2s92.gif

batstroke4rsyh.gif

batsstroke1usub.gif

HT UK

Just finished up the story, did all the side quests apart from the riddler stuff and one missing 'Most Wanted' character.

What's the consensus on the multiplayer?

SRTtoZ

I assume they fixed the tower glitch? I spent an hour trying to glitch it from the youtube video, then was like fuck this, so I gave it a go normally and everything worked fine lol.

hlhbk

So I played the first mission on launch night and haven't touched the game since. I did hear about the glitches and bugs however. Should I start playing now after the latest patch or wait until the game is patched further? I am on PC BTW.

Which of course is totally unlike how Origin told you who the assassins were in the first 5 minutes....

I'm talking about how you come into City a actually -encounter- Penguin, Black Mask, Two Face, Joker, Hugo Strange and probably a few more I'm forgetting within the opening sequence of the game.

Zertez

I rented the first game and enjoyed it until I finished the story, but missed Arkham City. Gathering the collectibles in Arkham Asylum wasnt important to me. Is it worth going back and playing Arkham City or just skip it and get this? Arkham City is only 20 dollars now, so that is why it is tempting to give it a try.

I rented the first game and enjoyed it until I finished the story, but missed Arkham City. Gathering the collectibles in Arkham Asylum wasnt important to me. Is it worth going back and playing Arkham City or just skip it and get this? Arkham City is only 20 dollars now, so that is why it is tempting to give it a try.

It is worth it to play Arkham City. Take your time with it and explore the nuances in the combat, gadgets and traversal mechanics. Do the first four AR gliding missions ASAP once they're available.

SJRB

Gold Member
Gah, the
Mad Hatter confrontation
*really* sucks. The shitty camera angles, awkward controls, and the overall feeling of "we made this in 5 minutes". :(

Yeah I did that one yesterday, extremely disappointing. Like you said, weird camera angles which results in awkward pathfinding and controls. Sometimes it's very unclear what you're supposed to do or where to go. The part with the
6 lights you have to batarang to open the gate while you're standing on an electric floor
is the stupidest shit in the game so far.

Absolutely play Arkham City. It's the best of the three, in my opinion.

Marco1

Any news on a PS3 patch?
I am holding off starting my play through until it comes out as the technical issues I am reading on this thread are putting me off.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Man the combat was a lot more challenging and intense in this compared to the previous two, they clearly didn't want to give you any breathing room when enemies are prone down. I loved it.

I completed it and I will have to say that it was a solid experience over all and a great introduction. Troy Baker deserves applause for really capturing the Joker to the core and Roger Craig Smith really brought more emotion out of Batman. Good cast. The bosses I felt were better executed than the previous two and the near final end had great pacing.

I did love the Arrow Easter Egg. I kept thinking on if they did a Green Arrow game in this kind of vein with Oliver Queen and how that would be played since that would be all kinds of awesome to see these studios fleshing out other DC characters with this kind of template that has been built on. They have such a rich list of characters and potential to make some stellar titles.

I am really stoked on wanting to know what Rocksteady has been cooking up with all that extra time on their hands!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Any news on a PS3 patch?
I am holding off starting my play through until it comes out as the technical issues I am reading on this thread are putting me off.

I had no issues on PS3 except having to quit and relaunch a couple of times to solve frame rate issues.

Carbonox

Those Deathstroke gifs...kinda disappointing the fight took place indoors and not outdoors...

Yeah I expected to see that cutscene play out in boss fight form in the game. Shit, I even expected another fight after the first one given the focus on Deathstroke in the media running up to release. What a missed opportunity.

Yeah I expected to see that cutscene play out in boss fight form in the game. Shit, I even expected another fight after the first one given the focus on Deathstroke in the media running up to release. What a missed opportunity.

There should've been
a follow-up predator room style fight in that shipping container area where you're both stalking each other interspersed with straight up fighting.

Yep, was fully ready and expecting
to fight him again on the top of the ship but nothing apart from some Anarky guy rambling about bombs...

SJRB

Gold Member
I wish we could free-roam as Deathstroke, similar to how we could switch to Catwoman in Arkham City.

Yeah I know this makes no sense from a narrative point of view but I don't care!!1

Yeah I did that one yesterday, extremely disappointing. Like you said, weird camera angles which results in awkward pathfinding and controls. Sometimes it's very unclear what you're supposed to do or where to go. The part with the
6 lights you have to batarang to open the gate while you're standing on an electric floor
is the stupidest shit in the game so far.

Totally agree dude, that part especially was terrible! I finished the story a few days ago and was hoping to get some more side stuff to keep me occupied after the story.

The confrontation with
Shiva
was quite lackluster too. Both side activities really left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm glad the main story is so fantastic, but the side stuff is not great at all.

strafer

I've been thinking, will there ever be a point were Batman actually kill the bosses he encounter? Or will that fuck up the lore?

Huh?

Neo Member
I just finished it, did everything except a few of the scanning stuff and Dark Knight challenges. Overall I liked it, and I agree the story was the best of the three. I liked how they
explained why Bane is a dumb brute in the other games, though the downside of that is we'll never see cunning, mercenary-leading Bane again in the Arkhamverse.
However, the combat was extremely frustrating, to the point where I have to wonder if my game is glitched or something. Which things hit and which things didn't often seemed arbitrary, and as many have said the camera angles are abysmal at times. While the glitches and some of the other less polished elements could be frustrating too, the combat was what made it less enjoyable for me. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I hope something can be done in that regard, because I'd be much fonder of it without that. The other big thing they really need to tweak are the challenges, one shouldn't have to start a new game or NG+ just to complete all those challenges. Even have one room respawn enemies!

Despite those frustrations, I do think it'd be cool if they did other prequels in the future.

hlhbk

So I played the first mission on launch night and haven't touched the game since. I did hear about the glitches and bugs however. Should I start playing now after the latest patch or wait until the game is patched further? I am on PC BTW.

Anyone?

Dysun

Totally agree dude, that part especially was terrible! I finished the story a few days ago and was hoping to get some more side stuff to keep me occupied after the story.

The confrontation with
Shiva
was quite lackluster too. Both side activities really left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm glad the main story is so fantastic, but the side stuff is not great at all.

The side stuff is pretty bad in AC too. Batman locks Bane in a cage and blows up his titan storage, like Bane can't break out of a cage? The Mad Hatter side mission is just fighting random wonderland goons, and I can't even remember the other ones

I think it's a bug but i thought i would post here to be sure - i died during the
Mad Hatter
section of the game. When it reloads the checkpoint it loads the first few seconds of the room i died in... but when i get control of Batman this is my point of view: http://i.imgur.com/rhVdLaJ.jpg

With Rocksteady/WB's trickery in the past (particular with the console going offline moment in Asylum) - i was wondering if this was indeed a bug/glitch or part of the game ?

witness

Any news on a PS3 patch?

Over on the official forums the community manager said they expect the patch on consoles to happen "this week" and that they are rushing it through. So it sounds like tomorrow. For what its worth I just started my PS3 play through tonight and have had no issues. The patch does fix most of the game destroying bugs including the tower glitch, falling through the world, etc. Already live for PC.

My amazon copy included Deathstroke, even though I didn't preorder, to my delight and everything redeemed correctly including the one million costume. I was worried after reading horror stories from people on the official forums of codes not working and costumes not appearing. I actually tried Deathstroke first before I started the story to get a feel for the new combat. I loved the opening to this game, I wish AA/AC costume looked like this. The music is aces, reminds me of TDK/TDKR score.

Top Bottom