• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Bet you only the last 15 minutes is the actual fight between the justice league and whoever the bad guy is

ReiGun

Given all the whining about the buildings in MoS, I eagerly await the scene in BvS where Superman commits Seppuku to atone for his sin of getting punched in the face a lot.

Mariolee

We should create some type of DC project to make the time go

Who's up for watching Smallville....

Hey don't run away from me!

Speaking of TV DC, I actually think all of the shows will tide me over until the film comes out. I mean between Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham (and possibly Constantine, but I honestly don't really care for that character) there's a lot of good stuff coming.

We should create some type of DC project to make the time go

Who's up for watching Smallville....

!

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

ReiGun

On the subject of DC TV, I wonder what happened to that Booster Gold show that was being talked about way back when.

While this scene is insanely stupid for many reasons it didn't bother me much. Still hit me right in the feels. Cavill and Costner acted the hell out of that scene.

This movie had quite a bit of actors working hard to make dumb scenes fly.

The best/most emotional scene remains the one with Martha and Clark in the school. Really, you can see all the movie's potential to hit the right notes for a Superman story in that one scene.

guek

Banned
While this scene is insanely stupid for many reasons it didn't bother me much. Still hit me right in the feels. Cavill and Costner acted the hell out of that scene.
Yeah. But Pa Kent was a shitty dad in that movie. Still flabbergasted over that.

The best/most emotional scene remains the one with Martha and Clark in the school. Really, you can see all the movie's potential to hit the right notes for a Superman story in that one scene.

One of the best scenes in any comic movie period imo. Then nearly every scene with costner and young clark was way too brooding and dire. They really ruined the Jonathan Kent character way before any tornadoes. There was no balance to him he was all post 911 paranoia but the scenes would be taking place mid to late 90s, the internet and mobile phones were barely a thing especially in small town Kansas.

Wiktor

Speaking of TV DC, I actually think all of the shows will tide me over until the film comes out. I mean between Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham (and possibly Constantine, but I honestly don't really care for that character) there's a lot of good stuff coming.

How can you not care about Constantine? :( He's the greatest comic protagonist ever. :( You monster.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ben is absolutely unrecognizable from this angle.

Is it actually Ben?

Anyhow, I am digging that look. Stubble and hairdo and all. Them forearms...

Per the post you're quoting, that's his stunt double / stand-in.

DeathyBoy

Banned
One of the best scenes in any comic movie period imo. Then nearly every scene with costner and young clark was way too brooding and dire. They really ruined the Jonathan Kent character way before any tornadoes. There was no balance to him he was all post 911 paranoia but the scenes would be taking place mid to late 90s, the internet and mobile phones were barely a thing especially in small town Kansas.

Yeah, I like to think they cut a funeral scene which went like this.

CLARK: Why'd Pa have to die, Ma?
MA: Clark, you're 18 but you look 30. So I'll level with you. Your father was an idiot.
CLARK: What?
MA: He tried the same stunt on our honeymoon. I called his bluff. He told me he'd prove his point someday when we had kids.
CLARK: I could've saved him.
MA: Well, he always liked playing chicken with natural disasters...

Loxley

I still think the MOS suit is a great contemporary redesign of the costume, I just wish the blue wasn't so damn desaturated.

Senoculum

I wish people would stop with the "oh this movie is going to be shit because too many characters in the film blah blah"

Look, I wasn't the biggest fan of what is supposed to be MOS2 involving batman but that doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie nor that it will do terrible.

You don't need to follow the Marvel formula to have a good movie. It could end up awful or it will be really good. Why can't people just wait and see instead of arguing about how Marvel did it better?

I say all of this as a Marvel fan. I'll always prefer them over DC.

People don't have to look far back for an example of a summer flick that works with a large cast. Guardians of the Galaxy has what, 5 heros, a super villain with 2 main subordinates - whilst introducing a future antagonist and a side character that works in the black market of cosmic items. Not to mention side characters played by recognizable actors like John C Reily and Glenn Close.

Snyder and company will make it work, I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom