• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

You guys following that MCU Avengers vs MoS Zod squad thread? Pretty funny stuff. I recommend it if you don't have a personal investment for either side.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Damn if that's Snyder in the white shirt, he's swole as heck.

It is. See also:

BscUvGZIQAEh8Vl.jpg

Penguin

If anyone is interested in partaking, started a Google Doc to do a little DC Universe prediction pool

http://nerdsontherocks.com/dc-cinematic-universe-prediction-pool/

Not sure the prize yet because these films span the next 6 years, I doubt they will all be announced now.

But thinking of breaking it up, like a tiny prize for whoever correctly guesses the first movie.
Then most correct of the first 5 or so.

I don't know, it's a long time in human years!

The "leaked" trailer (the fake one) where Batman was watching Zods message, gave me the idea of seeing the incident from Gothams perspective. I feel like this could be that and so it would be early in the film. I hope we get something like that in the film.

Imagine it shows Channel 52 News (though maybe less alien and former villains) and a shot of various cities known from the comics, big and small.

Nice.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Goddamn, i can't even get excited for this yet, the movie is just so far away.

Also, it doesn't help that Man of Steel burned me hard.

The more I see of this version of Batman/Bruce the more excitement I feel. The influences they have cited combined with a general feel of the visuals we are seeing are very close to my ideal version of Batman. It's very hard to get down on this film when everything I care about looks so right.

I see hints of the animated series, TDKR, Hush and the Mazzucchelli design. The cape/cowl design is very reminiscent of a number of fan made designs I have liked that have crop up from time to time on custom costuming forums.

Even the leaked footage showed how different the cinematography is from MOS. Very utilitarian and no nonsense. In ten second and with very clean cuts and pans, the scene delivers all the information we need to know. And looked exciting to boot.

Definitely a long wait. But at least we got good stuff in the pipeline til then.

Avengers, Star Wars, and Ant Man all hit before this, so the wait won't be too painful.

Then after BvS hits, it's straight up full steam ahead from all sides til the end of the decade.

Pretty good time to be into blockbusters.

Penguin

Definitely a long wait. But at least we got good stuff in the pipeline til then.

Avengers, Star Wars, and Ant Man all hit before this, so the wait won't be too painful.

Then after BvS hits, it's straight up full steam ahead from all sides til the end of the decade.

Pretty good time to be into blockbusters.

And if you're into DC, Flash, Arrow, Constantine, Gotham, iZombie to help pass the next year

ReiGun

People trying to get Gal the fuck up outta here.

Funny cause she isn't that different body-wise from Zoey Saldana, who just played Gamora and no one has a problem there. Of course, Wonder Woman carries far more expectations than Gamora does.

Dahbomb

Old man Batman looks like he's seen some shit in his time.

This whole sequence looks like it's happening in Metropolis during the Zod invasion. So Batman being at ground zero during the invasion would make him more cautious of Superman in general as he experienced the destruction first hand. I wonder if that's the angle they are going with here.

I also wonder if they are going to be painting Batman as the protagonist or the antagonist in this. Like are they going to play off the fact that he is the underdog in this "fight" or that he's the veteran and he's the one who is going to be aggravating Superman into a fight. In TDKR Batman was the protagonist with the Superman the antagonist (in the very loose sense of course) but Zack Snyder initially pitched the idea as Batman being the villain to Superman. No matter what happens... at least one of the characters is going to look like a dick during the whole build up.

Also comparisons of old men Batman:

brucewaynebearddarkknightrises600.jpg

14LvGwG.png

People trying to get Gal the fuck up outta here.

Funny cause she isn't that different body-wise from Zoey Saldana, who just played Gamora and no one has a problem there. Of course, Wonder Woman carries far more expectations than Gamora does.

Big difference was (from someone who knows nothing about GotG outside of the movie) that Gamora is an assassin. Sleek, sexy and dangerous doesn't require you to look strong and physically intimidating.

Wonder Woman is a physical female powerhouse. She should look like she can fuck up more than her hair and make-up.

I'm not saying Snyder won't make Gal look good on camera, but she certainly does not fit the physical expectations of a Wonder Woman at casting. (Her SDCC appearance really didn't seem to change too many opinions either).

old man bale looked broken. looked great for what they were trying to portray as bruce without fight or hope.

the affleck one looks more like a veteran, reminds me a lot of jon hamm surprisingly enough. got that classic hero look with the square ass jaw and frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom