• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Big difference was (from someone who knows nothing about GotG outside of the movie) that Gamora is an assassin. Sleek, sexy and dangerous doesn't require you to look strong and physically intimidating.

Wonder Woman is a physical female powerhouse. She should look like she can fuck up more than her hair and make-up.

I'm not saying Snyder won't make Gal look good on camera, but she certainly does not fit the physical expectations of a Wonder Woman at casting. (Her SDCC appearance really didn't seem to change too many opinions either).

The thing about Wonder Woman is that she has been depicted in so many ways she doesn't exactly have a "standard" body type. Outside of her breasts anyway, so if someone reeeeeaaaally wants to they can bitch about that I guess.

To the general public WW's most prominent roles have been the Carter show and the Justice League cartoons. Carter isn't exactly big and WW was pretty small in her animated showings. The only animated showing she had where she looked really imposing was JL: The New Frontier where she was bigger and taller than Superman.

This is how she looked the majority of the time in JLU.
JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg

ReiGun

Big difference was (from someone who knows nothing about GotG outside of the movie) that Gamora is an assassin. Sleek, sexy and dangerous doesn't require you to look strong and physically intimidating.

Wonder Woman is a physical female powerhouse. She should look like she can fuck up more than her hair and make-up.

I'm not saying Snyder won't make Gal look good on camera, but she certainly does not fit the physical expectations of a Wonder Woman at casting. (Her SDCC appearance really didn't seem to change too many opinions either).

Eh, I guess. I suppose I'm just always going to have a different perspective since I've seen enough versions of Wonder Woman to know she doesn't always look huge. Even going back to the Golden Age, she was originally fairly thin, with the only imposing thing about her possibly being her height.

She doesn't have to be huge or anything, just have a decent muscle tone and fit looking body.

Gal has a model build. She is thin. and even after she started to work out, she is still too thin.
Maybe if she did a little weight gain and then tone down it would look better.
She has a better body style for a Catwoman type than a Wonder Woman type IMO.

IconGrist

She doesn't have to be huge or anything, just have a decent muscle tone and fit looking body.

Gal has a model build. She is thin. and even after she started to work out, she is still too thin.
Maybe if she did a little weight gain and then tone down it would look better.
She has a better body style for a Catwoman type than a Wonder Woman type IMO.

It's not like she's done working out. Gal wasn't anywhere near my choice for WW but that's who we got. All any of us can do now is hope she does the role...erm...justice. But if she sucks I will be the first to rage.

ReiGun

It's not like she's done working out. Gal wasn't anywhere near my choice for WW but that's who we got. All any of us can do now is hope she does the role...erm...justice. But if she sucks I will be the first to rage.
She won't be filming for a while, last they said. Plenty of time to keep working out.

Bottom line, if she's bad in the role, it'll be because her acting wasn't up to snuff or because the script let her down or both. It certainly won't be because she doesn't look like a cartoon character.

Yeah, its getting pretty fucking tiring and a touch pathetic.
It started out tiring and pathetic, though I guess I kinda contributed to this round.

Sorry. :(

Well, he might address that considering the crashed ship in MoS

I'm guessing that little Easter egg was put in before they came up with the Batman/ten years of planning angle. They were probably expecting a slightly slower build up to the Justice League where they would address that open pod and it repercussions. They still might, there is nothing stopping it actually being something moving forward. But it was put in at a time when they were still thinking if there was going to be a sequel it would probably have been MOS2. We all were. I have a feeling they will drop the pod because it quite a closed avenue of possibilities now they have Amazons, Sea Kings and the like...

IconGrist

Well, he might address that considering the crashed ship in MoS

I think Supergirl is overdue for a return to the big screen. Nothing major like her own movie but a supporting role would be good. Say Doomsday or Darkseid kills her and Superman goes apeshit mad and pounds the fuck out of him. Snyder wouldn't be able to resist bringing this scene to life...

BadAss2961

This whole sequence looks like it's happening in Metropolis during the Zod invasion. So Batman being at ground zero during the invasion would make him more cautious of Superman in general as he experienced the destruction first hand. I wonder if that's the angle they are going with here.
It's a good idea.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So, isn't it likely that some sort of Batman villain would be in this movie somehow? You can't have Batman leave Gotham and its villains behind like everything is fine back home. Heck, we should see Gotham too right? It would be a mistake not too, even if briefly, because it would really drive the point home that this is one universe. Having only Batman show up like he's on vacation would feel cheap.

edit: Wayne Enterprise probably is going to be getting contracts to "defend Earth", hence why he would be there. In the process of making some tech to defend Earth from whoever, he also makes something to bind Superman. Eventually he has to accept to work with Superman as the bad guys do too much damage, release him, and they learn to work together.

Gotham and metropolis are like an hour apart. You can see Gotham from lex luthors office. You could switch between the two easily enough if they needed to.

Edit: I see. So the damage limited itself entirely to Metropolis even then? How Power Rangersish.

So, isn't it likely that some sort of Batman villain would be in this movie somehow? You can't have Batman leave Gotham and its villains behind like everything is fine back home. Heck, we should see Gotham too right? It would be a mistake not too, even if briefly, because it would really drive the point home that this is one universe. Having only Batman show up like he's on vacation would feel cheap.

Gotham and metropolis are like an hour apart. You can see Gotham from lex luthors office. You could switch between the two easily enough if they needed to.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Batmen is going to snatch Zod's body from ground zero, synthetisize the armor material for his own Batsuite and discover that only a blade with a special alloy could cut trough a kryptonian body. He calls this stuff Kryptonium.

Renekton

Funny cause she isn't that different body-wise from Zoey Saldana, who just played Gamora and no one has a problem there. Of course, Wonder Woman carries far more expectations than Gamora does.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you but Gamora isn't the best comparison.

WW is a JLA muscle to the point she can cover Supes in a pinch.

IconGrist

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but Gamora isn't the best comparison.

WW is a JLA muscle to the point she can cover Supes in a pinch.

Yea but her strength is magic based. Has nothing to do with her physique. A skinny WW without her gauntlets would wreck a super buff Superman.

I don't even care that much about her build. I just think she lacks charisma. 3 fast and furious movies and she managed to have less screen presence than Jordana Brewster lmao

Hopefully she pulls this off though because it's the biggest female action character in pop culture imo

I'm starting to think that this movie is gonna have Batman form the Justice League to take on Superman, only to find out the Lex is up to no good.

It'll probably end with a cliffhanger.

Soooooo many possibilities for what can be done with the story. So damn exited to see the final product.

BadAss2961

I don't even care that much about her build. I just think she lacks charisma. 3 fast and furious movies and she managed to have less screen presence than Jordana Brewster lmao

Hopefully she pulls this off though because it's the biggest female action character in pop culture imo
Brewster and Rodriguez are the only constant major female characters in the series though.

Gadot serves her purpose in F&F. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Every time I see this thread I get excited for news or media. I'm pretty sure by the time this hits I will feel exactly the same as I did when I was 7 on Christmas morning! Ben looks to be absolutely nailing my ideal Bruce Wayne from everything I've seen.

jackdoe

These scenes that they are shooting could definitely be a flashback parallel to the Superman/Zod fight. After all, it definitely takes place in Metropolis.

kQtrsRP.jpg

I get the feeling the whole movie will be in Metropolis and we won't really see Gotham (plus Gordon and the rogue's gallery) until Batman's solo movie.

I really like the idea of the movie opening during the Metropolis fight.

BRUCE WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME.

"Why did this asshole just jump over the truck. Why didn't he try to catch it? Now it's raining cars on his stupid ass."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom