• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much bleh in this thread.

we need more Cavill happiness.

y4y7br5.jpg

dkaHSh3.jpg

Damn those are some legit guns the dude is rocking.

Shame he's gonna have Kingdom Come Supe's hairline by 40 tho.

Laekon

I'm not a comic book person at all but was discussing this movie with a friend yesterday. The title makes it sound like Superman and Batman will be fighting each other which makes no sense. Is it just a shitty title or are they really going to be against each other?

Penguin

I'm not a comic book person at all but was discussing this movie with a friend yesterday. The title makes it sound like Superman and Batman will be fighting each other which makes no sense. Is it just a shitty title or are they really going to be against each other?

They'll fight for at least a scene.

It may be Batman tossing everything including the kitchen sink at Superman until they realize they are on the same side

All the destruction Supes caused in Man of Steel.....well Batman will probably be just as pissed off as some people that saw the movie. Superman will explain himself. They do the predator handshake and decide to start the Justice League to help each other out, while also keeping each other in line. Aquaman will show up and be like, "Yo Clark. Those whales that saved you after the oil rig exploded....that was me son!!"

They will be fighting each other, likely physically at some point, but the "v" in the title instead of "vs" suggests it'll be more of a philosophical/moral/intellectual conflict (since "v" is used in court cases) probably stemming from how Man of Steel ended.

It wouldn't be the first time the two have fought though. The movie is borrowing some elements from the graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns, of which Zack Snyder and Ben Affleck are both big fans. And in that comic both Superman and Batman fought each other. However it's not a straight adaptation of that (for many reasons, the biggest of which is that Superman in these movies is the opposite of how he is in TDKR in terms of characterization) so we'll have to see how it plays out. That said, the footage they showed at Comic Con of Batman in an armored suit getting ready to take on Superman is taken directly from that comic.

Ashhong

I really like the idea that the V instead of VS means it is more of a philosophical battle between the two. I hope that

1. that was the intended purpose
2. the audience understands that (which they wont)

Effect

I'm betting that if Will Smith signs on for Suicide Squad, this is part of the deal and a reason why he is willing to take a pay cut to do it.

I don't have a problem with him wanting his son to get work but maybe he should be more concerned with training him as an actor first.

IconGrist

Covered? It even existing or that Bruce would know how or why it works is a stretch if you ask me. Guess it just depends on how it's depicted.

CryptiK

So has GL been confirmed to be in this? They should totally cast Nathan Fillion if so since they seem to be going for the middle aged heroes. He is GL/Hal in the Animated Movies and he looks and sounds like he would suit the role.

ReiGun

So has GL been confirmed to be in this? They should totally cast Nathan Fillion if so since they seem to be going for the middle aged heroes. He is GL/Hal in the Animated Movies and he looks and sounds like he would suit the role.

We've heard nothing about GL beyond the fact that his movie is out 2020. No casting or nothing. Some of us (mainly me) are wondering if he'll even be in the first JLA movie.

Dahbomb

How does even that make sense?

Kryptonite as something physical when it needs to be breathed in? What? Or does the suit have exhaust vents that spew out kryptonian atmosphere?

Feels bogus.

It says it's laced with Kryptonite... nothing about it needing to be breathed in. It could just be some Kryptonite debris from the MoS ships that Batman has laced on his armor. Now as to how he knows that Superman is weak to it... that's where his detective skills will come into play (or the movie will explain it.

Honestly speaking there was no other way this was going to be a fight of note if that wasn't the case.

Also why are people blaming Snyder for this? Terrio is writing the script this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom