• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I doubt it. It's too early to start rolling out that hype machine. Middle of next year, we're more likely to get a teaser.

Yeah, that´s what i´m thinking too.

16 months until the movie would come out is too much time between first teaser/trailer and release of the movie. I expect the first teaser to come out at SD Comic Con. Would be ~ a year before release which seems to be the case for a lot of movies these days.

Blader

Maybe Patty Jenkins? Marvel was looking at her for Thor 2 before those pesky creative differences sprung up, so seems like she's at least interested in doing a superhero movie.

Ashhong

If it's just a small teaser I don't see December as being too early. And the staredown would be fine IMO, there are plenty of teasers with scenes not in the actual movie.*

*Probably, dont quote me on that

inm8num2

A teaser by the end of the year would be great for building some excitement and keeping the film in people's minds. Hopefully we see one, but if not then a teaser will probably come early next year.

IconGrist

The first trailer at CC is going to suck. You know they won't release it to the public so we'll be stuck with another shitty cam video. Oh well, at least it'll be fun. Like a puzzle. Where we all try to figure out what all the blurry images are supposed to represent.

Tabby

The first trailer at CC is going to suck. You know they won't release it to the public so we'll be stuck with another shitty cam video. Oh well, at least it'll be fun. Like a puzzle. Where we all try to figure out what all the blurry images are supposed to represent.
But then we'll all get excited anyways.

If it's just a small teaser I don't see December as being too early. And the staredown would be fine IMO, there are plenty of teasers with scenes not in the actual movie.*

*Probably, dont quote me on that

I 100% agree with you that I don't think it will be.

Superman0

Huh? More like a snake playing with a tiger who played rope a dope long enough to get a killshot in.

Nah, more like the snake was able to distract the tiger long enough for a nearby poacher to get a clean headshot on the tiger. Then, the snake proceed to trash talk like he did something noteworthy lol.

I bet BvS' first trailer is attached to Avengers AoU or Mad Max in May. It's early, 10 months before BvS is out, but March is already unique for a movie of this size.

Compbros

Kryptonite. Build an armor with Kryptonite and everything is level at the very least. Or exploit Supes' other weakness, but I doubt Batman can harness the power of magic on such short notice.

From the rumors I doubt he'll have the amount of K needed to build a complete suit out of. Synthetic K is possible but it may not have the same effects. Regardless, this only works if Supes doesn't know about the K himself or how to fight against is (there are ways). In all honesty, Bats best chance would be to harness red sun energy but that'd require a an understanding of kryptonian biology.

Edit: Also, people put way too much weight into Batman "beating" Superman because of The Dark Knight Returns without even getting the circumstances surrounding it. They just see the "I'm the man that beat you" and believe that a plan alone was able to take down Superman.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom fucking Stranger announced for the movie. lol

That would be really cool tho.

As for Lex Luthor in suicide squad, well, why not? Let see how they spin it.

Alienous

I don't know why I'm asking at this point...but how is this indicative of them having no clue?

Suicide Squad is planned for 2016 (lol) and they didn't think this out? They should all be communicating, and this appearance in a film releasing (lol) the same year as Dawn of Justice should have been locked in or abandoned when the original negotiations were completed.

Some planning and foresight would go a long way towards building a cinematic universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics

DC is owned by WB and WB is owned by Time Warner

You know wikipedia can be edited by anyone, right? You probably put that in there, so far as I can tell.

c'mon, man.

Suicide Squad is planned for 2016 (lol) and they didn't think this out? They should all be communicating, and this appearance in a film releasing (lol) the same year as Dawn of Justice should have been locked in or abandoned when the original negotiations were completed.

Some planning and foresight would go a long way towards building a cinematic universe.

You know Ayer is rewriting the script right now. This IS the communicating and planning you're saying should be done. They're DOING IT. That's how people are reporting on it - because it's a thing that's happening.

You're literally criticizing the making of a movie for being made the way you think it should be made.

Also, a 2016 release date isn't some sort of super-cramped impossible feat. They make Star Wars movies every two years now, after all. It's going to be a grimy little crime film about c-level superheroes. They don't need 4 years of prep to knock it out.

Ant-Man's coming out next year and they had a completely different writer/director come in less than a month before they started filming.

The shit happens quite frequently in the movie industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom