• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
No way in hell. There's always going to money in the Marvel IP even if the MCU went down the shitter. There will always be comics/television/merchandising and they can always start doing movies again somewhere down the line.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I really hate Metallo. I've always hated him.
It doesn't even make any sense, Metallo would be a downgrade of a villain. The best thing about MoS was the Faora fight. A confrontation with Metallo could never come close to that.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
It doesn't even make any sense, Metallo would be such a downgrade of a villain.
I want Braniac and Lex.

Doing Luthor AND Brainiac while also introducing Batman and Wonder Woman and god knows who else? That would probably be a bit too messy. It's probably better to stick with a more minor character like Metallic and save Brainiac for somewhere down the line.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Latino Review (lol) has a new description of the Batsuit:

The more interesting thing I’ve heard is that Batman will actually wear 2 batsuits in the film, but where as Grey-and-Blue has already been designed and Affleck has worn it, the second Batsuit is more armored like the one in the Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come comics.

According to the source, the plating is silver/white. The plates are attached to a black undercloth. The plates doesn’t cover his entire body. We see the black undercloth at the joints. Supposedly, it looks incredible. Equally, or maybe even better-looking than the other suit and it’s leagues above and beyond Bale’s suit from what I’m told.

True or not, I hope they go with a suit more faithful to the comics after all the monochromatic black suits in the films.

Latino Review (lol) has a new description of the Batsuit:

True or not, I hope they go with a suit more faithful to the comics after all the monochromatic black suits in the films.

if he's going to be hanging around Superman and WonderWoman and fighting cosmic type enemies it would make sense for the batsuit to be more like an armor than it ever has been before. I expect something bionic. Hope it's cool looking.

They mention 2 suits. Maybe one is his more grounded, hanging out in Gotham chasing the Joker suit, and the other is the heavy artillery he busts out after seeing Superman and Zod destroy half of Metropolis.

EurZN5Q.png

It's a good suit, will be interesting to see how they tackle it to make it seem more realistic.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It doesn't even make any sense, Metallo would be a downgrade of a villain. The best thing about MoS was the Faora fight. A confrontation with Metallo could never come close to that.
How would it not make sense? Luthor synthesizes kryptonite, plugs it into someone who was horribly injured during the Metropolis invasion, and boom. You now have someone Superman can punch and be threatened by while Lex poses a mental threat (until he puts on some power armor)

I'd rather have Bizarro than Metallo.

We just had an "evil Superman-type" in Zod. Need to mix it up.

Prompto

Banned
Loltino Review aside, I'm super interested in seeing the suit...but know that the movie has been delayed an entire year that reveal is probably really far off.
I think they'll reveal the suit as soon as set pics come out and since the movie is still shooting in the spring, WB should release a high quality pic of it by that time. They dont want viewers first glimpse of the suit to be from a blurry set pic. At least that's what occured with Man of Steel and the Spider-Man movies.

I think they'll reveal the suit as soon as set pics come out and since the movie is still shooting in the spring, WB should release a high quality pic of it by that time. They dont want viewers first glimpse of the suit to be from a blurry set pic. At least that's what occured with Man of Steel and the Spider-Man movies.

Yeah they don't want the first images of the suit to be like those few awful set pics of the TDK suit.
They will wait to the last possible second then release publicity shots.

BadAss2961

If they mean the big suit from the Dark Knight Returns, it implies that Batman will prepare to fight Superman seriously... It's definitely not time for all that yet.

The events of TDKR should be saved for a one last movie type of comeback that happens years after this entire series is over.

Blader

Loltino Review aside, I'm super interested in seeing the suit...but know that the movie has been delayed an entire year that reveal is probably really far off.

They're still going to start shooting around March/April, so we'll probably see it within the next few months, Comic Con at the latest.

inm8num2

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but last night Jennifer Garner apparently revealed the movie's title:

'Batman' is shooting or whatever it's called," Garner said. "I don't know what it's called. Superman with Batman ... whatever it is. But (Affleck) is shooting this summer, so we'll be there."

source

"Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is"...I like it! :p

DaveH

I prefer it, even as a working title, because "Batman versus" implicates a lot of expectations which I think are unjustified... that the primary conflict is between the two and that Batman will have equal time with Superman (with equal / top billing). The WB's press releases have all called it "Untitled Superman / Batman film" which reminds us its in production and we don't actually know the content of the plot or the proportions dedicated to the characters.

Latest word is that Cavill might be in Detroit for the next 10 months... Sounds more like time for 2 movies instead of 1.

in Detroit? does this mean we're going to get Detroit era JLA? Vibe, Steel, Vixen, Gypsy, Martian Manhunter? half of them end up dead!

I prefer it, even as a working title, because "Batman versus" implicates a lot of expectations which I think are unjustified... that the primary conflict is between the two and that Batman will have equal time with Superman (with equal / top billing). The WB's press releases have all called it "Untitled Superman / Batman film" which reminds us its in production and we don't actually know the content of the plot or the proportions dedicated to the characters.

whatever it is.

Blader

Some new details on the Lex casting, also debunks Nightwing rumor:

Warner Bros. toyed with luring a veteran to tackle the role of Lex Luthor in its untitled Superman-Batman film, but the studio ultimately stuck to a next-gen mandate. In fact, newly anointed Lex Jesse Eisenberg (CAA, Felker Toczek) was not the only 30-year-old courted for the role: A source says Girls' Adam Driver was approached to play Superman's nemesis but had a conflict, and Joaquin Phoenix passed.

The new Lex will skew much younger than Superman Returns' Kevin Spacey (46 at the time) and Superman's Gene Hackman (48) but will be more in line with several recent graphic-novel and TV incarnations, in which he is a childhood friend of the young Man of Steel.

Cranston never was approached for the role, nor was 57-year-old Tom Hanks, whose name had been discussed internally. Sources say that the studio and director Zack Snyder aren't casting a wide net with plenty of auditions to fill roles but are targeting actors from a narrow shortlist of those they want. "Zack doesn't see a lot of people," said one person with knowledge of the process.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-warner-bros-superman-batman-676891

MisterHero

Jesse Eisenberg's 30? At first I was excited that Lex would be an arrogant billioaire kid and that Eisenberg could play that well. Mind's kinda blown that he and Cavill are a similar age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom