• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Yeah, the muscles are likely more pronounced on the suit so that when the various filters are applied to the film in post-production, the definition comes through. They probably felt the suit in MOS came off as a little flat.
Well you might be right.

Loxley

Well you might be right.

Here's a couple of the photos we got of Cavil on set in the BvS suit - I've tried to alter the colors and contrast so they're relatively close to the one official photo of Superman we've gotten from BvS. Bare in mind these are crappy spy photos that don't show the suit in optimal conditions (proper lighting and such), so think of these as a very rough approximation. The original photos themselves had severely blown-out colors as well.

Original on the left, adjusted on the right:

I2J9cH0.jpg
qaNWZPA.jpg

IOBC3bW.jpg
4nEprF9.jpg

^ lol.. anyway I was hoping that they added a collar to the costume. It was the one aspect of the DCnU that I really liked a lot. Ignoring everything else, the collar really gives him a majestic look.

Superman-New-52-ArtFX-Statue.jpg

^ lol.. anyway I was hoping that they added a collar to the costume. It was the one aspect of the DCnU that I really liked a lot. Ignoring everything else, the collar really gives him a majestic look.

Superman-New-52-ArtFX-Statue.jpg

I'm glad they didn't. The lower, broad neck line is just 'Superman' to me. The 52 design is so meh. Generic changes for the sake of changes, making him look just like every other Superhero. Why does it look like armour? Shame on Jim Lee.

pulga

Banned
Because it is armour.

In the New 52, his costume is literally Kryptonian armor, which is dumb because the fuck does Superman need armor for.

The suit would be way better without the thousands of lines zag zagging all over it.

Well because Kryptonians back on Krypton don't have superpowers, so of course they need armor.

I'm glad they didn't. The lower, broad neck line is just 'Superman' to me. The 52 design is so meh. Generic changes for the sake of changes, making him look just like every other Superhero. Why does it look like armour? Shame on Jim Lee.

lol, what?

New 52 may be a hit or miss story/quality wise, but the redesigns of most major characters simply shit on their predecessors.

Superman with underwear no the outside just seems goofy as fuck.

And they had a creative way for him to dress and undress in costume.

lol, what?

New 52 may be a hit or miss story/quality wise, but the redesigns of most major characters simply shit on their predecessors.

Superman with underwear no the outside just seems goofy as fuck.

And they had a creative way for him to dress and undress in costume.

lol, what?

The pants worked for 70 plus years, They'll be back.

I'm not convinced his hair is really receding after seeing the comparison pictures. Looks more slicked back. His hair was just incredibly fluffy in the first one.

I liked that. That was fun.

I liked how he basically gave the interview to BIlly Crudup. The MTV guy and Michael Angarano weren't even there after like 30 seconds. Just the Flash talking to Doctor Manhattan.

That one DCAU movie was pretty cool with a Wonder Woman who actually towers over Superman in height.

I was all about it when that scene came on. Wonder Woman is a BAMF.

Honestly I like that the League will be made up of all different kinds of people, with different races and appearances.

Is Superman the shortest Justice League member in the comics?

Billy is (technically).

Though I think they're all about the same height and I'm sure they will be close in the movies. Superman and Shazam are usually the most muscular but all of these details vary by the artists.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I'm kinda bummed about Batman being taller. I remember that interview with the producer who said they wanted Batman to tower over Superman.

Then again, Zod was 6'3 (compared to Cavill 6'1) and I never noticed that in MoS, so we'll see.

That one DCAU movie was pretty cool with a Wonder Woman who actually towers over Superman in height.

That was a surprisingly great movie; I'm amazed I'd never heard of it before the free weekend on Xbox. Pure Bronze Age stuff, very nice.

I'm kinda bummed about Batman being taller. I remember that interview with the producer who said they wanted Batman to tower over Superman.

Then again, Zod was 6'3 (compared to Cavill 6'1) and I never noticed that in MoS, so we'll see.

I can get where they're coming from. If they're seeking to play up the differences between Supes and Bats for the ideological confrontation, making Batman bigger, more... visually forceful, I guess, works well with his philosophical bent towards intimidation over inspiration.

Martian Manhunter - 6'7"
Superman - 6'3"
Batman - 6'2"
Aquaman - 6'1"
Wonder Woman - 6'0" (6'2"-6'3" in heels)
Flash - 6'0"
Green Lantern - 6'0"
Green Arrow - 5'11"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom