• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If Elba's Thor 3, 2017, contract end date with Marvel works like other entertainment industries, can't Elba just be cast by DC before 2017 as long as no work comes out before Thor 3 comes out?

FUck that shit Elba is Icon

3072429-7209260725-Icon..png

ReiGun

yup. Antje Traue's performance as Faora-Ul was super.

DC need to bring her back in next Supes solo (if we ever get that). this is like Loki situation in Thor, he was so good and they brought him back from the dead, DC should do the same with Faora.

#BringBackAntje

I want this Wonder Woman to be like New52 WW in powers, with her God-mode/Super Saiyan and everything. yes she will be so overpowered but OP WW is best WW (like the insane WW in The Flashpoint Paradox)
I hope her powers (and origins, I guess) are the only things they get from New52 Wonder Woman. I don't like that character's personality, but removing her bands when shit gets real appeals to my inner anime nerd.

He also seems to be taking credit for Fantastic Four, which I don't necessarily agree with

Again - dude gets maybe one or two trailers coming through wherever it is he works every now and again, and is basically bullshitting and putting a lampshade on his head the rest of the time.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking and the wait getting to me, but I have a feeling we might get something soon. Even if only an interview. Some new info has to be around the corner by now.

Ahasverus

Maybe it's just wishful thinking and the wait getting to me, but I have a feeling we might get something soon. Even if only an interview. Some new info has to be around the corner by now.
I agree. The hype needed for this movie to success can't exist only by word of mouth. They need a train, they have the means to do it, but they really need to get the mainstream's mindshare just like Disney did with their SW trailer. On the other hand, Avenger's train is very quiet, I don't see it being the super mega blockbuster it was supposed to be, not for the media frenzy anyway.

Game4life

Banned
yup. Antje Traue's performance as Faora-Ul was super.

DC need to bring her back in next Supes solo (if we ever get that). this is like Loki situation in Thor, he was so good and they brought him back from the dead, DC should do the same with Faora.

#BringBackAntje

I want this Wonder Woman to be like New52 WW in powers, with her God-mode/Super Saiyan and everything. yes she will be so overpowered but OP WW is best WW (like the insane WW in The Flashpoint Paradox)

Flashpoint Paradox WW is the best WW. So freaking badass. Actually even WW from Superman/Batman Apocalypse is badass as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E

That move from the 30th to the 44th second... So good!

at the point where every bump is hopefully a trailer :(

Think the optimal thing to do is drop a batman/supes teaser before april, then debut wonder woman later in the year.

ReiGun

At this point, the optimal thing would be to give us a weekly tidbit like they did with Smash Bros.

: D

"You Must Recover, Batman!"

With so many great heroes in the DCU, Batman can get the short end of the stick sometimes. He doesn't have any powers; he can't even fly!

2563_d495.gif

Not to worry though! The Caped Crusader has can still get to great heights thanks to his trusty grappling hook.

batman-gh1.jpg

Look at it. So sleek. So efficient. No wonder it's one of his most famous gadgets!

Yeah that zod and faora vs superman and ww fight was pretty good, it was mostly her carrying supes through the fight.

She was impressive pre new52 as well, her fight against supes when he was bloodlusted by Max Lord looked like it was mostly in her favor.

you're remembering that differently than it actually went. he broke her wrist, burned her face, had her on the run, only reason she wasn't killed was because she killed Max Lord.

Penguin

It's a shame that no socerer/wizard/alien hasn't given batman some powers Just give him flying godamnit haha.

Pretty sure Batman has powers right now in Justice League hahah

Also since nothing else to talk about, the trailer scooper...

I'm excited for #DC fans, #Marvel just got some serious cinematic competition. I mean seriously.

Wait and see, but > #Patience. #ComingSoon

#BatmanvSuperman has the strongest 'teaser' this year (so far) but... the year is young, and #Skywalker and #Solo haven't emerged yet. YET!

https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/560273733013999617
https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/560279196845756416

BLACKLAC

"You Must Recover, Batman!"

With so many great heroes in the DCU, Batman can get the short end of the stick sometimes. He doesn't have any powers; he can't even fly!

http://asset-d.soup.io/asset/3153/2563_d495.gif[IMG]

Not to worry though! The Caped Crusader has can still get to great heights thanks to his trusty grappling hook.

[IMG]http://redhook.com/files/2012/04/batman-gh1.jpg[IMG]

Look at it. So sleek. So efficient. No wonder it's one of his most famous gadgets![/QUOTE]

Is there even a chance we see grappling hook action in BvS (not that fake ass Nolan shit)?

Black Widow is the only character to use it like a beast.

Senoculum

One of my most memorable moments in Justice League Unlimited was when the Justice League were arguing "Shazam was a kid the whole time?!" And Batman shrugged it off and was like, "I knew."

ReiGun

Tyrese's whole campaign backfired the moment there was a very vocal outcry on social media against him getting the role. Should have made some moves in private, pleighboi.

guek

Banned
Im sure Batman could make some jetpack thing if he wanted.

And his cape can glide btw.

Batman as a character is definitely flawed though once you take him outside of Gotham. He clearly has the means and intellect necessary to assemble a much better suit with fewer limitations. "Batman can't fly," pfft, why not? Why doesn't Bruce have basic flight as an ability when he has access to so much tech in the DC universe? Bruce could be mopping up Gotham in a lightweight power armor, like Terry's in Batman Beyond. There's no reason he couldn't seriously up his tech game unless the story is confined solely to Gotham and Batman. In Gotham, Batman can be a man in a cloth costume and it works!

Batman as a character is definitely flawed though once you take him outside of Gotham. He clearly has the means and intellect necessary to assemble a much better suit with fewer limitations. "Batman can't fly," pfft, why not? Why doesn't Bruce have basic flight as an ability when he has access to so much tech in the DC universe? Bruce could be mopping up Gotham in a lightweight power armor, like Terry's in Batman Beyond. There's no reason he couldn't seriously up his tech game unless the story is confined solely to Gotham and Batman. In Gotham, Batman can be a man in a cloth costume and it works!

the suit's been upgraded from cloth for a long time now. also, I don't think cleaning up Gotham is his goal. I think he would go crazy if he did.

Didn't he get a Lantern ring for, like, 1 issue? Before they realized it was a terrible idea :p

for one panel of one issue hal Jordan let Bruce try out the ring to see what it feels like.
he couldn't really handle it.

the suit's been upgraded from cloth for a long time now. also, I don't think cleaning up Gotham is his goal. I think he would go crazy if he did.

for one panel of one issue hal Jordan let Bruce try out the ring to see what it feels like.
he couldn't really handle it.

No, I think it was longer than that.

Fake edit: Ah, here we go. Looks like it was a one-shot, elseworld kinda deal. Anyone ever read it?

you're remembering that differently than it actually went. he broke her wrist, burned her face, had her on the run, only reason she wasn't killed was because she killed Max Lord.

It seems pretty debatable. She definitely wasn't trying to kill him,

she could have ended it there if she had wanted to

she's holding back a little

could have killed him here with her sword or crown

In supe's* favor she did have a little bit of kryptonite she used once in the fight

I think supes could take her easy without her items, but with them she is atleast equal if not able to take him out.

Definitely not watching a sequel if Wonder Woman becomes Superman's love interest.

I don't think this is their plan in the DCCU and I'll be surprised if it's still that way post convergence. There's just too much supes simpin' and awkward embraces in the comics with Lois that they can't keep this up much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom