• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Stephen Amell says he has three major things on his SDCC schedule besides the Arrow panel. Granted, at least one of those is probably for Arkham Knight, so I certainly wouldn't assume that there's a Snyderverse/Arrowverse merger announcement in the cards, but hey, just throwing it out there.

That would certainly be interesting if they did. I haven't really watched Arrow, but I did watch the Flash pilot, which was pretty cool. I think it would be a clever way of getting the film's in constant discussion amongst audience if they did work it into an on-going series. And since Arrow already has an established audience, and seems to be pretty good in its own right, it won't run into the same problems that Marvel's AOS has (which is how to get people to care).

Anyway, this sounds pretty cool. Then again, I haven't seen Arrow. Does it fit stylistically with MoS?

Halcyon

That would certainly be interesting if they did. I haven't really watched Arrow, but I did watch the Flash pilot, which was pretty cool. I think it would be a clever way of getting the film's in constant discussion amongst audience if they did work it into an on-going series. And since Arrow already has an established audience, and seems to be pretty good in its own right, it won't run into the same problems that Marvel's AOS has (which is how to get people to care).

Anyway, this sounds pretty cool. Then again, I haven't seen Arrow. Does it fit stylistically with MoS?

Arrow is basically a soap opera with action scenes sprinkled in.

Mario007

I would love to see Amell kicking ass as Ollie on the big screen. But I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Of course, if they bring over Amell's Green Arrow to the movieverse, then that means they might drag Manu Bennett over as Deathstroke at some point. And that would be even more awesome.

Shirtless Amell, Cavill and Affleck on the posters and you've got every woman ever born going to see the movie.

DAT LARRY FONG STYLE

Gbj6CRx.jpg

Some new Snyder quotes

He also provided an assurance that there’s no origin story for Batman this time around because audiences are so familiar with the character, plus “”it’s cooler to see a crusty old Batman beating the snot out of guys.”
While Snyder has shot a few scenes of Batman and Superman together, he has yet to do any with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. “She’s working out and getting buff and ripped,” says Snyder.

A few tiny little refinements, and the suit looks better than it already did, and it was one of the best (if not THE best) looking interpretations of the suit for live action.

Apparently, this is based on a supposed .PDF script leak, one which Devin Faraci finds a lot more dubious:

Devin Faraci said:
Like I said, I'm on the fence about the legitimacy of this script. I trust El Mayimbe's network and the other information he has beyond this script, but something about the actual script itself - whether it be the errors or the cascading fan-service (
Kord Industries, Jason Todd, a Shuster Street in Metropolis, Kyle Rayner, Carrie Kelley, Thanagar, mentioning Hob's Bay, the President is named Diane Nelson, who just happens to be the president of DC Entertainment
) or the fact that tonally it is nothing like Man of Steel (Themyscira has an embassy in Metropolis!) forces me to remain humbly skeptical. If this is the script then Warner Bros has learned some lessons from their last couple of movies, although I worry the sheer weight of fan service in this script could crush the film.

Anth0ny

Stephen Amell says he has three major things on his SDCC schedule besides the Arrow panel. Granted, at least one of those is probably for Arkham Knight, so I certainly wouldn't assume that there's a Snyderverse/Arrowverse merger announcement in the cards, but hey, just throwing it out there.

I'll be at SDCC and I plan to be in Hall H on Saturday. If Amell comes out on that stage and announces Green Arrow will be in the Snyderverse I'll actually lose my shit.

Yea looks like it. I was hoping he'd go smaller. He was a such a brute in MoS:

That shot was so weird in the movie because of his giganticness. He didn't look comfortable at all.

Call me crazy, but I didn't think he looked THAT huge. Relatively normal considering the character he was playing

After the FLASH PILOT SPOILERS
first direct Batman reference in the Arrowverse im starting to think that is the direction they are going.
They couldn't even name Gotham in S1&2

Penguin

Kanyon

Like the colours on the new suit, can't tell if they toned down the silver accents on it though. They're still sort of visible but a lighter blue. They were the only thing I didn't like about the MoS suit, good to see they made some positive improvements on it... Still undecided on that belt though.

Busty

Banned
Apparently, this is based on a supposed .PDF script leak, one which Devin Faraci finds a lot more dubious:

I would be genuinely stunned if that script turned out to be legitimate. I seem to remember that fake, fan made scripts are part of the course for superhero films early in production.

IIRC most recently Green Lantern and George Miler's Justice League projects all had supposed script leaks that turned out to be amateurish fan written scripts.

Amell in Justice League is not happening.

This.

Though interestingly apparently Arrow does huge business for Warners internationally. It was even suggested that Arrow could be creeping into the top ten most watched US dramas in the world.

So though I really don't see WB sticking Amell's Arrow in any of their DCU films I do see the studio using him in more marketing and licensing deals such as the various rumoured video game 'cameos'.

BadAss2961

Some new Snyder quotes

He also provided an assurance that there’s no origin story for Batman this time around because audiences are so familiar with the character, plus “”it’s cooler to see a crusty old Batman beating the snot out of guys.”
While Snyder has shot a few scenes of Batman and Superman together, he has yet to do any with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. “She’s working out and getting buff and ripped,” says Snyder.
All this is perfect.

Yeah imo, if anything, they will just give Arrow his own movie in the 'Arrowverse'. This is of course speculation. I think if they were to take this step it would be logical as fan bases grow and they have a chance to try something different.

However, if they do out of the blue decide to stick him in snyderverse, then I will implode like the rest of the internet. But, that is somewhat unlikely imo because it would really hamper both universes.

speculation and spoilerish
I believe they will indeed seperate both universes and build them out accordingly up until the major DCU event, and if anybody has watched or seen the flash pilot knows that Crisis on Infinite earths happens albeit in the far future but, in movie time, not so bad if they are on a 2 year cycle for movies.

Wiktor

So though I really don't see WB sticking Amell's Arrow in any of their DCU films I do see the studio using him in more marketing and licensing deals such as the various rumoured video game 'cameos'.

I hope it will be more than cameos. A Green Arrow DLC for something like Arkham Knight would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom