• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Am I the only one that thinks that they should use the post-JL solo movies to build up villains and then have them team up in JL2 to take the JL down? Marvel beat DC when they did the first superhero team up movie with Avengers but why can't DC beat them when it comes to being the first to put a supervillain team in movies?

Basically I want something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbXx_kwc-gE

a bit less brutal of course.

Am I the only one that thinks that they should use the post-JL solo movies to build up villains and then have them team up in JL2 to take the JL down? Marvel beat DC when they did the first superhero team up movie with Avengers but why can't DC beat them when it comes to being the first to put a supervillain team in movies?

You mean like the DCAU version of JLA: Tower of Babel, Justice League: Doom? Cause I can get behind that.

Justice League should be followed by a standalone Legion of Doom movie. With Lex viewing the League as being the greatest threat to the world, so he travels the world to build his own answer to them.

Error

You mean like the DCAU version of JLA: Tower of Babel, Justice League: Doom? Cause I can get behind that.

One of the best things about JL animated series is the interaction between villains. They don't trust each other for sure, but they know that alone they can't just compete against the Justice League so they end up getting together sometimes throughout the show to take the JL down, those episode usually end up being highlights of the show.

I think it'll be fucking cool, and it's something that hasn't been done in comic book films.

Has this been posted?

hMDGWwj.jpg

The Time horns on Bat-fleck are kinda clever.

ReiGun

No I agree. I posted something similar in one of these threads. The JLA vs a team of villains from the solo movies would be a great sequel. Something like Luthor, Grundy, Cheetah, Capt Cold, Sinestro, Black Manta, and Deathstroke would be cool.

My DC knowledge only extends to the animated series and films, but isn't Aquaman one of the most stereotypically heroic, um, heroes in the DC universe?
Pretty much. The only time Aquaman comes across even remotely as an anti hero are when the interest of Atlantis conflict with those of the land.

It would be an awesome thing to see. I was wanting them to do something similar for a later Avengers movie. Introduce a new villain in each solo movie, then have them all team up to become the Masters of Evil for the next Avengers.

DC/WB pulling the Legion of Doom/ Injustice League together for a film would be really badass. It would also be a good thing for them to pull in some more obscure villains and give them some time to shine. Make them the cannon fodder, but at least get them on screen.

All of those characters could plausibly fit into the film, but none are really physical antagonists, at least for Superman... so if Metallo's not in, they're either putting Eisenberg in armor or there's another major villain that hasn't been disclosed yet.

EDIT: reading fail, they say there's a major "powerful" villain to be announced.

Error

I hope they make
Amanda Waller more like the one in JLU's Cadmus arc, and not like the one in Arrow.

Penguin

All of those characters could plausibly fit into the film, but none are really physical antagonists, at least for Superman... so if Metallo's not in, they're either putting Eisenberg in armor or there's another major villain that hasn't been disclosed yet.

EDIT: reading fail, they say there's a major "powerful" villain to be announced.

It sounds like setting up
Checkmate and possibly OMACs

Mario007

Could you imagine if they DID cast the same actress though?

If they did, then I fully expect a scene in the final season of Arrow and second season of Flash with them watching TV when ZOD message starts being played. Would be glorious.

Also if it's true that
Waller is going to set up some initiative against Superman than potentially we're looking at Suicide Squad? Or that rumour from way back was true and Justice League is set up to stop Superman initially.

Penguin

Oh it also came with an interview

Apparently haven't done anything with Gadot as Wonder Woman yet, which may imply spends most of the movie as Diane

Similarly, Snyder also knows that putting the iconic superheroine Wonder Woman on a movie screen is a big deal, too. He says he hasn't filmed any scenes with Gadot as the Amazonian princess yet, but "she's working out and getting buff and ripped."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ll-batman-superman-movie-first-look/11310229/

Mario007

From the above interview:

"You can talk all you want about other superhero movies, but it's Batman and Superman, let's just be honest," Snyder says. "I don't know how you get bigger than that."

Shots fired! Having said that this movie could be completely awful and it'd still make a billion in the box office precisely because of what Snyder said: you can't get bigger than Superman and Batman.

Raptor

More and more, I want Gadot to kill it as Wonder Woman. Just because of the constant shit she gets due to her body type.

Agreed, the only way for me to let go the "too skinny" complaint is if she kill it as Wonder Woman performance wise.

IconGrist

From the above interview:

Shots fired! Having said that this movie could be completely awful and it'd still make a billion in the box office precisely because of what Snyder said: you can't get bigger than Superman and Batman.

Y'know, I said that once (maybe a bit more aggressively) here on GAF and I was kind of laughed at for it. :/

Still think it's true though.

Mario007

Y'know, I said that once (maybe a bit more aggressively) here on GAF and I was kind of laughed at for it. :/

Still think it's true though.
Oh it's definitely true. In 2016 the only movie competing with it will be Cap3 and while that might now be a big property it is absolutely nowhere near putting a Superman and Batman in one fucking movie together. This will be basically the Avengers/Transformers of that summer. THE summer blockbuster to go and see.

Am I imagining it or did Supes get even bigger? And he was already huge in MoS
He did. There was a comparison pic in the other thread with MoS Supes and Cavill was noticably smaller.

Stephen Amell says he has three major things on his SDCC schedule besides the Arrow panel. Granted, at least one of those is probably for Arkham Knight, so I certainly wouldn't assume that there's a Snyderverse/Arrowverse merger announcement in the cards, but hey, just throwing it out there.
I would love to see Amell kicking ass as Ollie on the big screen. But I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Of course, if they bring over Amell's Green Arrow to the movieverse, then that means they might drag Manu Bennett over as Deathstroke at some point. And that would be even more awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom