• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

first look at clark kent

2QddRMp.jpg

Pretty sure that guy will be Jimmy. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Jenny in MoS was a Jimmy replacement outside of the name. She had none of the character's traits or even Jimmy's actual job at the Daily Planet.

It could be argued that Superman didn't have any of his old character traits in Man of Steel. But yeah, pretty sure I remember hearing Jenny is Jimmy.

Penguin

This explained nothing to me...

It's a charity... more details about the deal are forthcoming?

It seems like Warner/DC/Affleck needs to stop speaking with Kevin Smith. Apparently from his latest podcast

“I guess it’s all integral to their next plot,” said Smith. “Like the word is Lex is very like, ‘We can’t trust this Superman, because look what he did to our city.’”

strafer

so i've started rewatching Justice League and it got me thinking, could a live action Hawkgirl work or would it look silly. :p

vXs7VjX.png

so i've started rewatching Justice League and it got me thinking, could a live action Hawkgirl work or would it look silly. :p

vXs7VjX.png

They had a winged man in Winter Soldier. Thanagar and the Thanagarians were interesting, at least in the show. What made her work for me was her arc and relationship with GL. Even though it may not be all that true to the comic versions, the show was my introduction to those characters and I've yet to see anything as interesting that involved them.

I'd like them to bring her in down the line but I don't see them daring to. At this point they could because they are dropping in the big and crazy characters but they might think she or Hawk Man might be one crazy character too many.

When they pick a GL I want Stewart.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

vXs7VjX.png

Wait till you get to Justice League Unlimited minor spoilers ahead
She takes off the helmet

Yes, it could work. She was awesome in that cartoon.

Effect

Awful costume aside, Michael Shanks was great in that role.

This. I thought Michael Shanks was pretty good in the role acting and story wise. I really liked that they introduced the Justice Society. Smallville was really limited by it's budget in the final seasons. They had a lot of ambition but not the budget to really pull it off save for the season premieres and finales. Seasons 8, 9, and 10 would have been amazing if they had the proper budget for what they were trying to do. However they worked with what they had. While costumes might look a bit silly at times I think they positives overall out numbered the negatives.

Hawkman/woman/girl would look amazing with a movie level budget and the proper special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom