• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

As much as I like Pat and considering he's the hometown boy, it's strange to see that tweet after seeing him do his monthly "i don't care about battle rap" rants just the day before. He's got a bit of the okwerdz syndrome. Basically only accepting battles with black "street" rappers or people that are viewed as "hard". Which whatever, that's his thing, and he's good at making some of those dudes look like a joke. Regardless he needs to make up his mind.

It's impossible to predict a Daylyt battle. So I'm not even going to try. I can't see him doing a pure serious battle against Pat, there would probably be some kind of antics and most of the time they come off pretty lame.

Although I heard about a battle he just did where he dressed up like Goku or some shit, not sure when that drops but i'll be there lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doesn't Stay tweet that stuff all the time? I swear he did the same about Clips.

Go-Rilla: B Magic vs. JC. This is a good battle. 2-1 Magic, with the first to JC.

Poppin in your room like.. like JC
An OG told me that bullets don't got names.. and they still don't
lol100Bulletz

Go-Rilla: Mackk Myron vs. Tone Montana. Crowd was on some super bullshit but Tone looked super uncomfortable like he forgot all of his shit. Mack had a few hot lines but his delivery is kinda off. He clearly won though.

mileS

Yea that show stuff was filmed months and months ago. I remember hearing how many people choked on it. 90 second round. 1 round, and you choke? Battle rappers always talk about getting their views up and their name out there to sell more CD's or just get more of a buzz. These fools get picked to go on a TV show, and can't remember one 90 second round. Pathetic really.

Rex went in. That was niccce.

yo when is Budden battling Hollow?

July 12

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man.. T-Rex is truly one of the best ever. No forced word association or anything. He just knows how to rap. Diz said when you think battle rapper, you think of Rex' style.

Let's get into this chain shit, let me tell y'all what happened:
I lost my chain, he lost his life, that was a chain-reaction.

See, you ain't got bars like that
You're from Brooklyn, but you don't rep hard like that
You had the ghost of B.I.G. in one of your joints, you're raw like that?
You see B.I.G.'s last whip? My n***as'll do your car LIKE THAT.

Hey Cortez... I hate you n***a.
I'll battle Math 4 more times before I take you, n***a

When the 'ruger blastin', better get everyone a suit & casket
Fuck basketball, ask the coroner about my shooting average.

Mook wanted 25k to kill a n***a that's ill..
For 25k I'll kill a n***a for REAL.
Walk up on 'em, point blank range in his grill,
This n***a's momma will cry before my son miss a meal

vs. Arsonal
One funny move? Imma pop that wig
I've got a little Trick Trick that will make you forget where that Shotgun is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6zIjkU47c

Good battle

QUEST MCODY VS DYCE ROLLA

Who you all think won?
Full disclosure: I'm good friends with Quest
Entertaining battle but good god it needed a time limit lol

JC vs that dude from Houston in Houston was a good battle. JC came with some shit. That's the kind of shit I wanna see from him

Rock Paper Scissors is easily top 5 of the year

Only time I've ever specifically searched for a Rosenberg battle is when I wanna see B Magic put his body bag into a body bag

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That... is not a fist fight by any measure..
GoodGuyHitman didn't want to swing on Beasley accidentally. I'm hearing there was an actual fight though, no idea of the time frame.

Good battle. I think the first is debatable at best and Clips got the last two even though he stumbled.

Never seen Clips so.. organized?

I thought this battle didn't get to happen. hmmm, not sure where I heard that from.
It didn't, they did it this past weekend in a one-off. It was the only battle that didn't get done on NOME 4 because of the OF concert.

Clips vs Tay was a really good battle. Tay was doing his numbers but Clips had too much personality, too many creative and entertaining angles and too much stage presence to fuck with.

Tay is one of those rappers that has to figure out his voice beyond just having slick wordplay and punches. It's a good foundation for crowd reaction and a lot of his lines are cold, but facing top tier competition you need personality.

The shit where clips was talking to his grandma and the prayer in the 2nd was deadly.

Kinda glad this went down as a one off too, the crowd is always energetic and receptive in the one off format.

mileS

The audio was pretty weak on it, but goddamn that was a great battle. I honestly don't know how to call it. I'm a fan of Clips, Tay Roc has been impressing me lately as well. Part of me wants to say Roc edged it but I don't know. It probably comes down to who you like more in the end. When its as close as it is here, I don't normally like calling the battle anyway. I'm not too concerned with who won overall, just happy to get an amazing battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Clips vs Tay was a really good battle. Tay was doing his numbers but Clips had too much personality, too many creative and entertaining angles and too much stage presence to fuck with.

Tay is one of those rappers that has to figure out his voice beyond just having slick wordplay and punches. It's a good foundation for crowd reaction and a lot of his lines are cold, but facing top tier competition you need personality.

The shit where clips was talking to his grandma and the prayer in the 2nd was deadly.

Kinda glad this went down as a one off too, the crowd is always energetic and receptive in the one off format.
Agree with this entire post.

I think Tay has potential but he writes a lot of really lame lines too. When he's cooking, he's cooking though, and he takes a unique angle with a lot of his punches/gun bars too. Vs Magic is when I think he was at his best. That battle has so many quotables.

Tay Roc, youse a clown n***a
You was a proving ground n***a, before there were proving grounds, n***as

^ ^ I liked that Clips took this angle in the battle too, about him being a mid-tier dude

Ride on me? Well you won't get past,
I'll take a tip off of Magic Mountain, and take his six flag

I don't think he deserves Hitman though.. Hitman is going to murder him and it's gonna be hard to watch.

Tay roc been growing on me a lot. The internet/ YouTube comments really downplay all the dope shit he got

This battle was classic. Top 5 of the year currently

Which reminds me. Gonna do my half year awards in a few days

Best battle, top 5 battlers, best new comer, best pinch line, best scheme, etc

Top 5 is easy tho. No order. Hopefully dates aren't wrong.

Daylyt- vs b magic, Chilla, that chick with the nice ass in the boxing ring

B magic- ill will ( took place last year but came out this year). Daylyt, rum nitty

Charlie clips- conceited, hitman, Tay roc

Danny Myers- west coast dread, brixx belvedere, UFF stuff, kg the poet, mark miner???

Actually I don't have anyone to take the 5th spot

Yung ill- k shine, fresco, arsonal
Hitman- murdered o red, Charlie clips
Cortez- john john, johnny storm (both very good showings)
DNA- arcane, prez mafia, Ill will

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Both Ars and Daylyt reused bars for sure, I don't know which came first for each of them though. But I don't think I've heard that stuff from Diz in a big battle, even if the set ups sort of sounded similar.

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
Both Ars and Daylyt reused bars for sure, I don't know which came first for each of them though. But I don't think I've heard that stuff from Diz in a big battle, even if the set ups sort of sounded similar.

Is there an uncensored version of the battles out yet??

I've seen a good deal of Diz battles and those bars weren't recycled. The problem is, the side effect of Diz relying so heavily on freestyling throughout his verses to setup his punches, is a lot of it starts sounding really similar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spit Dat Heat: John John Da Don vs. T Top. This might be the best John John ever? And T Top came the fuck with it too. God damn this was a good one rounder. Don't sleep.

Box Around and Disrespect the D, arm out like I fell asleep and the Ruler is back and calling just for fun,
my god so many quotables

Is there an uncensored version of the battles out yet??
I think the uncensored episode in full gets uploaded online a day before the next episode comes out on TV? Might have to wait a few days unfortunately.

I've seen a good deal of Diz battles and those bars weren't recycled. The problem is, the side effect of Diz relying so heavily on freestyling throughout his verses to setup his punches, is a lot of it starts sounding really similar.
Yeah I think the Sonya/blade stuff is probably a go-to or at least very reminiscent of a set up he frequently finds his groove in.

The day before the o solo vs tech 9 battle, anyone wanna plug the o solo body on suave?

1 ninja bring 2 ninja, 2 ninja bring 3

Classic shit. Never laughed harder, other than maybe uno lavoz URL imitation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was it during the battle?

KOTD will probably still book him. They didn't have a problem with Math either.

looking forward to vladtv interviews about this peppered throughout the next year and a half

EDIT: Video.

EDIT2: looking even more forward to dizaster being integrated into jones/dose/math schemes (formerly known as dose/math schemes)

Alright. good stuff. I don't know why any of these leagues would use HDD though after the Jumpoff incident where they lost half the footage. People joke about tapes getting stolen but I'm sure it was corrupted HDD.

Risible

So, I don't know shit about rap battles. I enjoy watching some of them. Most of them seem pre-rehearsed though, is that how it's supposed to be? Are their any rap battles that are like improv, where they're given a topic and have to rap extemporaneously?

dyergram

So, I don't know shit about rap battles. I enjoy watching some of them. Most of them seem pre-rehearsed though, is that how it's supposed to be? Are their any rap battles that are like improv, where they're given a topic and have to rap extemporaneously?
For the most part they know who they are battling so they will have lyrics memorised ready but usually connect verses on the fly. Good battlers will adlib rebuttals to their opponents lines on the day.

Actual freestyle battles are rare now. Currently everyone writes because it's more dependable and thus more entertaining for viewers.

If you want to check out battles that are freestyled or "improv" then look up Scribble Jam battles. The last one was in.. 2007 I think? Those are over instrumentals and primarily unprepared in part due to the tournament format they used.

Top Bottom