• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

So corny, people wanna hear bars but they wanna fight instead. Apparently Diz had it planned before hand which makes him even more of a dick. Sucks cause I actually enjoy Math's battles, but the constant threat of a fight in his battles makes it so unlikely for him to get booked.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah I love Math, he's one of the most charismatic battle rappers. Would have loved to see Math vs. Clips one day. The guy himself is a fucking dickhead and hypocrite though.

And it seems like a bunch of Diz' guys started kicking him too, so so much for him fighting dolo. Math got washed it seems, seems like he connected one or two punches and that's it.

Is it just me, or is there an Ab-Soul and Redman looking dude in the audience who dip after the punch?

Makes me fucking sad, at the end of the video there's an old white dude just standing there, probably thinking what the fuck did I sign up for.

Yeah I love Math, he's one of the most charismatic battle rappers. Would have loved to see Math vs. Clips one day. The guy himself is a fucking dickhead and hypocrite though.

And it seems like a bunch of Diz' guys started kicking him too, so so much for him fighting dolo.

Is it just me, or is there an Ab-Soul and Redman looking dude in the audience who dip after the punch?

Makes me fucking sad, at the end of the video there's an old white dude just standing there, probably thinking what the fuck did I sign up for.

Apparently Verb punched one of Diz's boys while Clips just stood there.

whelp, there's another venue fucked for battle rap.

Diz on twitter justifying the shit, saying math dared him and none of his boys came in to stomp on math.

None of the videos I've seen are long enough to confirm any of that so far. I'm just glad the footage is safe, from the twitter impressions BOLA 5 seems like fucking fire.

Gonna be interesting to see what KOTD has to say about booking Diz in the future. I don't expect a permanent ban, but there needs to be some form of punishment for this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10460606_770210926364442_4612241870715067544_o.jpg

tankz dizstr

zychi

Banned
Whats the appeal of this new wave of non-freestyle battle rap? Hip hop fans looking for a new "underground" hipster movement?

Why not just put the pre-written shit on a mixtape? It comes off very wwe-fake with the punch just so happens to be happening before a battle rap ppv event.

Em backing a show is weird too, considering his whole beginning of his career was based on his freestyles. Even the battle raps have gone commercialized and main stream.

smh, the battle scene has worked so hard to get over the stigma of violence associated with it.

This shit is in the process of going next level, shit like this can't fucking go down anymore. It's not 2006 in the barber shop, or down the alley.

Diz is a certified asshole for punching math, but I cant even whole heatedly side with math after all the shit he's pulled. From the punching to reportedly attempting to punk several opponents before battles in an attempt to psyche them out.

Sucks cause I like math and diz as rappers. Diz needs a time out and potentially a pay cut for this one.

Whats the appeal of this new wave of non-freestyle battle rap? Hip hop fans looking for a new "underground" hipster movement?

Hardly new the written format of battles has been around for 10+ years. SMACK DVD, Fight Klub and The Lionz Den were all written battles.

The appeal is hip hop and talking shit on someone, if you like both those things then there's something to like in battle rap. Rappers are given a platform to showcase their ability in battling whereas these same rappers would get looked over in the music industry.

Freestyle battles are cool too, there's a spontaneous vibe to them that cant be matched with the written format. But overall the quality of the material so much better that freestyle battling has mostly fallen out of favor.

zychi

Banned

And it seems like a bunch of Diz' guys started kicking him too, so so much for him fighting dolo. Math got washed it seems, seems like he connected one or two punches and that's it.

ab "battled" earlier in the event apparently

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Why not just put the pre-written shit on a mixtape? It comes off very wwe-fake with the punch just so happens to be happening before a battle rap ppv event.

Em backing a show is weird too, considering his whole beginning of his career was based on his freestyles. Even the battle raps have gone commercialized and main stream.
Acapella battle rap makes it so much more multidimensional, allowing for new styles, and new types of performances, and freestyling hasn't gone away completely either. IMO it's much more dynamic now artistically, and as a form of entertainment. It's very clear that you can't do the same shit on a mixtape, pre-written or not; its its own thing.

It's not WWE at all either. Math punched Serius Jones and Smack lost multiple venues in New York to hold battles. This shit is real and fucks up money because these guys don't have their heads screwed on right. Also there's nothing hipster about it. There's no real battle rap elitism.

zychi

Banned
Acapella battle rap makes it so much more multidimensional, allowing for new styles, and new types of performances, and freestyling hasn't gone away completely either. IMO it's much more dynamic now artistically, and as a form of entertainment. It's very clear that you can't do the same shit on a mixtape, pre-written or not; its its own thing.

It's not WWE at all either. Math punched Serius Jones and Smack lost multiple venues in New York to hold battles. This shit is real and fucks up money because these guys don't have their heads screwed on right.

Thanks for the actual response. I've been following Total Slaughter since Em announced it, and it just seems way to WWE timing for me for a dude to throw a punch at a battle rap 2 weeks before Total Slaughter has their PPV event, officially making it more mainstream. The only reason I heard about this was because I'm a big fan of TDE and Black Hippy, and Ab being there was on my radar.

No such thing as bad press, etc...

Yo I can't stop watching these fight videos

So many little things are cracking me up

Daylyts background homies are right in the middle of it

There's a dude holding a little table or stool of some kind, looking like he bout to bash someone's head in

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Another clear video.

No debate here. Diz' dude took a full swing at Math.

TLE is right, the little things in the videos are hilarious. Daylyt being the most chill person out of them all, Caliboy deciding when the fight should end, Redman cracking up, Ab-Soul and Lush getting the fuck outta there, cameramen trying to protect their shit with Dizaster and Math going at it a few inches behind him, and in this video there's Organik just shaking his head at what's going on.

lmao Soulo like "yo ninja get me the fuck outta here ninja i can't see shit ninja lets goooooo ninja aintt trynna end up like Q my ninja i gotta be better than Kendrick ninja"

Furyous

Who won the rest of the battles at the event?

Who was winning the battle before the punch?

Twitter is saying the event was over so hopefully they release the full event at some point.

This sucks for the culture as a whole and hopefully they prevent this from happening in the future. In all honesty, I love this culture because it exposes me to new artists who I normally wouldn't hear from. Ebro on twitter taking shots at this situation.

In all the commotion about the fight fans are missing out on an important question to be asked.

How long can Aye Verb stans justify and defend his recent lack luster performances? He was boring vs Swave, choked vs Caustic, choke (or stumble?) vs Goodz (assuming the rounds he got through were nice tho) and a choke in the 3rd vs Illmac.

He's like the new Dizaster, used to be nice but now stacking a streak of losses & sub-par performances. Can the "Aye Verb still won cause he took dude light/ battle dosen't count" defense survive another choke?

Does KOTD book Verb again after the 2nd consecutive choke? 3rd potential lackluster battle? (a lot of ppl don't like Verb vs Diz but I actually think he was nice in that one)

wtzgU.gif

edit:
Furyous said:
Who won the rest of the battles at the event?

Who was winning the battle before the punch?

Twitter is saying the event was over so hopefully they release the full event at some point.

Yeah, all the battles got completed. Diz even punched Math after the last line of his 3rd verse so all three rounds for that battle were finished as well. PPL were saying Diz was up 2 rounds but Math was taking the 3rd.

As far as the rest of the battles, the twitter consensus is pretty much:

Bigg K vs Danny Myers - Bigg K 3-0 no bodybag, some 2-1 impressions but almost everyone givin it to K. Fire rounds on both sides apparently.
Real Deal vs Chilla Jones - Real Deal 2-1, debatable. Battle seems like it was flames from both sides most impressions giving it to RD. Gatta see the footage
O-Red vs Rum Nitty - Red 2-1, apparently Red was on his shit. They're saying Rum held his own but was overpowered. Red choked up a bit, apparently due to the crowd giving him a half minute reaction from a bar that threw him off.
The Deadman vs Head Ice - Head Ice 2-1/3-0, some ppl giving Dead a round off bars but Ice's performance and stage presence seemed to overpower him. Pretty much how I thought it was gonna go down.
Marlo/Shuffle T vs Dirtbag Dan/Caustic - Dirtbag/Caustic 2-1/3-0, Most impressions saying both came with it and the battle was hilarious. The phrase "breath of fresh air" got used a lot.
Daylyt vs Charlie Clips - Clips 2-1, ppl seem like they're givin Day the 1st and Clips 2&3. Crazy rounds on both sides, especially both their 1st rounds. ppl claiming they both went out of this world.
Illmac vs Aye Verb - Ill 3-0/2-1, Some ppl giving Verb the 2nd. Both had fire but a lot of talk about Illmac having the performance of the night/ better than his shit vs Bigg K. Verb choked in the 3rd and apparently did not recover well. Still a fire battle from nearly all accounts. Verb openly praised Illmac on twitter saying his 3rd was "genius"
Math Hoffa vs Dizaster - Diz 3-1, Diz was up two coming into the third. Math took the 3rd but Diz came with the overtime round knockout.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In all the commotion about the fight fans are missing out on an important question to be asked.

How long can Aye Verb stans justify and defend his recent lack luster performances? He was boring vs Swave, choked vs Caustic, choke (or stumble?) vs Goodz (assuming the rounds he got through were nice tho) and a choke in the 3rd vs Illmac.

He's like the new Dizaster, used to be nice but now stacking a streak of losses & sub-par performances. Can the "Aye Verb still won cause he took dude light/ battle dosen't count" defense survive another choke?

Does KOTD book Verb again after the 2nd consecutive choke? 3rd potential lackluster battle? (a lot of ppl don't like Verb vs Diz but I actually think he was nice in that one)
Aye Verb does good when he's motivated, with the exception of Rex. Every other battle he treats like a money move and admittedly says he doesn't care much for. Apparently his performance vs. Goodz was great. That's not an excuse, it's completely Verb's fault, but it's kind of pointless like judging battles Daylyt does on random leagues. I don't use those performances to judge battler's potential for upcoming battles. Besides, he was pretty good vs. Ah Di Boom.

I do think Verb is past his prime though, and I have my doubts about him in the Goodz battle being anything like the Holla battle or his earlier ones. I haven't liked a showtime since his Arsonal battle either.

Earl is heavy in these streets right now for a ton of legends, and it's disappointing. That's also what makes PG battles super exciting though.

That's not an excuse, it's completely Verb's fault, but it's kind of pointless like judging battles Daylyt does on random leagues. I don't use

At least Daylyt makes those battles entertaining by pulling some wild shit. If Aye Verb choked in whiteface there'd be no problems. Also, let's be fair, an Illmac battle in KOTD isn't the same as battling tigermatic blaze in let's get it Arkansas battle league.

I'm hoping his rounds are dope regardless of the choke in the 3rd. He is past his prime, I don't think the opponent necessarily matters anymore. Verb's rounds vs Swave (and some blogs) made it seem like he's got one leg out the door with this battle shit anyway. If that's truly the case he should stop battling, because he's tarnishing the legacy he built earlier in his career stacking these sub par showings.

I don't even rate Verb like that, but he's starting to get less and less GOAT mentions by the battle.

so the bootlegs are up

Most of them are down atm. I caught a few before they got pulled.

Charlie Clips 2-1 vs Day, I give day the first. LA crowd was sleeping on Day's schemes in the 2nd crazy. In the 1st he was back to back punching like he did way back in the Rich Dolarz battle, they seemed to like that more. Both had heat, good battle, no classic though.

O Red vs Rum Nitty (undecided) - gatta watch this one again, Red's choke in the 2nd was pretty bad. People were making it out like it was due to a huge 30 second crowd reaction. Maybe it didn't translate on cam, but the reaction didn't seem that crazy. Red still came with some shit though. Rum got slept on tragically, had hella lines and only started getting proper reaction toward the end.

Illmac 3-0 vs Verb - Verb was being weird pulling some diva shit about the time limits like 30 seconds into macs verse. Talking with Malathion & Organik while Mac was rhyming, shit was distracting. Illmac still cooked him, had a freestyle on it that was crisp af, super spontaneous, and shut it down. Verb had some shit the 1st two rounds, but it wasn't enough. 3rd rd Verb choked and Illmac had arguably his strongest round.

Not a vs Caustic level performance from Verb tho, he was clearly much better prepared. Took the time to craft some pretty good angles.

Dirtbag Dan/Caustic 3-0 vs Shuffle T/Marlo - Hilarious battle but I expected Muffle T to come harder, they put out a classic with that "Bad Bars" battle and have had a lot of really killer 2v2's. The angles they took just weren't connecting with me that tough. Seemed like they anticipated not being recieved well by the LA crowd, and tried to play to that. I didn't like how those angles turned out in particular. Dirtbag and Caustic smashed it with a ton of hilarious lines. "you gonna get back on your verb shit/ imma get on my bird shit/ these dudes white... like bird shit!" from DBD leaned me.

Really dying to see Myers vs Bigg K, a lot of Bigg K 3-0 floating around. Hope it's more debatable than that, Myers has been really killing shit lately. Apparently someone stole Danny's shoes at the event?

Also dying to peep Chilla vs Real Deal and Diz vs Math Hoffa.

Might be elements of truth there. But Em personally calling Daylyt to tell him a deal fell through cause of the scuffle? Not sure if I'm buying it.

Also, do you think the tat was fake all along or is he using makeup currently? A lot of ppl claiming they can see "makeup lines" but I'm not really seeing them tbh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Might be elements of truth there. But Em personally calling Daylyt to tell him a deal fell through cause of the scuffle? Not sure if I'm buying it.

Also, do you think the tat was fake all along or is he using makeup currently? A lot of ppl claiming they can see "makeup lines" but I'm not really seeing them tbh.
I think he's just really good at makeup. He sort of hinted/trolled at it once but never again. He does an amazing job of getting the asymmetry right every time though.

Anyways, this is getting pretty ridiculous. Angryfan saying that people were holding Math's arms back too. Shit was a set up, but yeah this is a pretty bad look for KOTD. Agree with everything AngryFan is saying. No immediate bans, no official comments as of yet, no security in the building with people bringing burners in, what the fuck are you doing Organik? No balls. No balls at all. None. Smack came up filming rappers polishing their guns and he put both Hitman and Math on ice when they got too violent.

Peeping Myers vs K rn, this is a bullshit post but I'm hyped af!!!

edit:
"to win this battle I watched 12 years a slave 6 times in a row"

danny goin' off!

edit 2:
twin shotgun when I raid the stoop,two pumps in the air... raise the roof!

K with that expensive heat!

I bleed this shit, I'll represent rap ti'll its through, I put together my first rhymes using alphabet soup

Daaaaamn, 3rd is Danny's weakest right now (not finished yet) and he's still flaming. This battle is A LOT closer than the twitter impressions made it seem.

Top Bottom