• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

New xcel battle is out. Gonna feast and post impressions in a bit.

He just signed onto team homi btw

Xcel 3-0 easy. Only debatable was the third.

This dude is insane with the out of left field bars and lines. That cook food scheme was bonkers

I think he's just really good at makeup. He sort of hinted/trolled at it once but never again. He does an amazing job of getting the asymmetry right every time though.

Anyways, this is getting pretty ridiculous. Angryfan saying that people were holding Math's arms back too. Shit was a set up, but yeah this is a pretty bad look for KOTD. Agree with everything AngryFan is saying. No immediate bans, no official comments as of yet, no security in the building with people bringing burners in, what the fuck are you doing Organik? No balls. No balls at all. None. Smack came up filming rappers polishing their guns and he put both Hitman and Math on ice when they got too violent.

This shit was not a set up man come on. You really think KOTD conspired to put the fix on Math? Angry Fan is ranting without all the facts, jumping to conclusions. In the vids you can see dudes trying to hold math's arm/ hold him back in general to prevent the fight after he starts going toward Diz.

At a certain point he shakes them and Diz and Math start swinging again, you can see in the video nobody is holding his arms back.

Diz gets held back a bit too, not as many dudes on him cause he was in the cleared out area from the initial punch. Every fresh coast dude on twitter said they didn't know. The DM's that got posted recently were fake as hell. Diz even tweeted himself that only he knew.

No set up, people are running with this theory off the lamest evidence. on AngryFanRadio they were actually considering it compelling evidence of a set up that lush said "and there it is" before the punch. He was obviously just ending the battle.

There was security in the building (lush references the security on mic at the end of the vid), it's true they didnt search for weapons at the door. No evidence that anyone actually brought burners in (that I know of, to be fair I might be wrong on this). But fair point, they should be searching people for weapons at these events knowing the history dudes have and the gang affiliations.

It is wack that Organik hasn't made a statement yet though, I'll give you that. That shit is lame as hell. Anytime there's something controversial in KOTD Organik is late to respond and it's one of the worst thinks about the company.

Erv

Organik said Dizaster has a lifetime ban which can be lowered to 1 year if dizaster apologizes and pays 2500 in damages. I think it's kind of wack to even consider a lifetime ban.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This is kind of related to some posts from the last page, but what leagues do shorter, over beat freestyle battles still? I can only rewatch old scribble jam footage so many times.

Organik posted his official statement about the incident but I can't find it lol
It's on Facebook somewhere

Where's that nameless dude at?

10495337_10154297790700532_368284003291996517_o.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spit That Heat: CT vs. Xcel. This was okay, I liked Xcel's previous performances a lot better than his style here though.

URL PG: Brizz Rawsteen vs. Young X. This shit was AMAZIIIIIING. Both these dudes came with it and this was a great match up.

I had to rewind that Qleen line from Brizz and the start of Young X's third. I felt so good watching this battle.

This shit was not a set up man come on. You really think KOTD conspired to put the fix on Math? Angry Fan is ranting without all the facts, jumping to conclusions. In the vids you can see dudes trying to hold math's arm/ hold him back in general to prevent the fight after he starts going toward Diz.

At a certain point he shakes them and Diz and Math start swinging again, you can see in the video nobody is holding his arms back.

Diz gets held back a bit too, not as many dudes on him cause he was in the cleared out area from the initial punch. Every fresh coast dude on twitter said they didn't know. The DM's that got posted recently were fake as hell. Diz even tweeted himself that only he knew.

No set up, people are running with this theory off the lamest evidence. on AngryFanRadio they were actually considering it compelling evidence of a set up that lush said "and there it is" before the punch. He was obviously just ending the battle.

There was security in the building (lush references the security on mic at the end of the vid), it's true they didnt search for weapons at the door. No evidence that anyone actually brought burners in (that I know of, to be fair I might be wrong on this). But fair point, they should be searching people for weapons at these events knowing the history dudes have and the gang affiliations.

It is wack that Organik hasn't made a statement yet though, I'll give you that. That shit is lame as hell. Anytime there's something controversial in KOTD Organik is late to respond and it's one of the worst thinks about the company.
No, no, no, not Organik/KOTD, but Dizaster. He came with his boys and they jumped in clearly.

This is kind of related to some posts from the last page, but what leagues do shorter, over beat freestyle battles still? I can only rewatch old scribble jam footage so many times.
I think you're SOL, TBH. But if you enjoy hearing freestyles over beats and not necessarily battle, I would highly recommend every freestyle the A$AP Mob has done on Hot97, they're all fantastic and on their YT channel. And of course Sway in the Morning quite frequently has spitters on.

I think it's super lame that they gave Dizaster a redemption option at all that isn't related to some sort of rehabilitation program. Zero tolerance for violence in the words, but not in the decision.

No, no, no, not Organik/KOTD, but Dizaster. He came with his boys and they jumped in clearly.

Eh.. I mean everybody brings their boys and in a lot of fights a persons homies will jump in of their own volition and I think that's what happened here to be honest. I think everybody knows a few friends who are like that, just ready and willing to go at any time. So I don't think it was actually a setup.

Regardless though, every one of these leagues needs to put an end to rappers bringing their entourage on stage or inside the barriers. It's completely unnecessary and only adds negativity if anything. From the entourage reactions covering up lines to random comments and intimidation, to attempting to get involved in altercations, it's always bad. Put them dudes in the crowd with everyone else. And I don't want to see hosts homies up there either. If they're a special guest or sponsor, ok. One or two at most. But it really should only be a few KOTD/URL/whatever staff and the battlers. That's it.

I think it's super lame that they gave Dizaster a redemption option at all that isn't related to some sort of rehabilitation program. Zero tolerance for violence in the words, but not in the decision.

I agree with you here a bit but Math himself has had chances to get back into organizations good graces too. Zero tolerance should out and out mean a ban for life with no redemption but dudes bring views and that means money.

Ah, I got you. I'd like to think that krack city didn't conspire, just because of how it could reflect on daylyt and his future buisness.

But it's possible, especially considering the video with Diz and krack city shot before the battle.

edit:
URL PG: Brizz Rawsteen vs. Young X. This shit was AMAZIIIIIING. Both these dudes came with it and this was a great match up.

This battle has a really cool old-school URL vibe, from back in the 3 minute time clock days. Something about the look of it. Brizz definetely snapped he's becoming one of the new dudes to look out for. The shit that gets me the most from him isn't even always the haymakers but lines like "one thing these dirty niggas never had... is probably a bath!"

He's got personality, that's a good sign.

Young X was snapping too, especially in the third.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hollow Da Don vs. Joe Budden Trailer. Lol @ them slipping the Diz/Math stuff in there last minute. Love the trailer though.

Also, Hollow put it out on twitter a while ago that both him and Lux haven't received their full payment for High Stakes yet. I wish I could link the tweets but OTBVA is private right now lol

Eh.. I mean everybody brings their boys and in a lot of fights a persons homies will jump in of their own volition and I think that's what happened here to be honest. I think everybody knows a few friends who are like that, just ready and willing to go at any time. So I don't think it was actually a setup.

Regardless though, every one of these leagues needs to put an end to rappers bringing their entourage on stage or inside the barriers. It's completely unnecessary and only adds negativity if anything. From the entourage reactions covering up lines to random comments and intimidation, to attempting to get involved in altercations, it's always bad. Put them dudes in the crowd with everyone else. And I don't want to see hosts homies up there either. If they're a special guest or sponsor, ok. One or two at most. But it really should only be a few KOTD/URL/whatever staff and the battlers. That's it.

I agree with you here a bit but Math himself has had chances to get back into organizations good graces too. Zero tolerance should out and out mean a ban for life with no redemption but dudes bring views and that means money.
Ah, I got you. I'd like to think that krack city didn't conspire, just because of how it could reflect on daylyt and his future buisness.

But it's possible, especially considering the video with Diz and krack city shot before the battle.
Upon watching this:
Diz makes a decent case for it being what Jest described, just his homies jumping in. I also agree with the no entourage policy that Smack ran with for NOME 4. It's a problem logistically, and really nobody is tryna hear all the Dot Mob dickriders screaming and making goofy faces either. It seems like things are moving in that direction though, and it's been less of a problem on KOTD.

Also views are more temporary and less helpful than sponsors. That's why Diz and Math are liabilities now. Anyone who serves to lose something now shouldn't be booking them again, especially considering this is the third (maybe fourth including Daylyt) incident Maths been involved in

just looking at the names makes me never want to watch it.. but if y'all insist
If you skipped out on Saint Mic vs. Young X, I'd highly recommend that too. I like Young X's style. I pretty much gravitate to anyone who sprinkles humour into street raps.

Brizz Rawsteen's PG was good too and some of his Spit That Heat battles are okay too. Dude is raw in the very definition.

mileS

Young X is hit or miss for me. I dunno, he's different, so I respect that the most. But yea yall won me over. Good battle.

Organik said Dizaster has a lifetime ban which can be lowered to 1 year if dizaster apologizes and pays 2500 in damages. I think it's kind of wack to even consider a lifetime ban.

I think that's fair. Doing what Dizaster did( and what Math did last in year), scares off sponsors, and to an extent, de-legitimizes battle rap as something that can be taken serious. You gotta send a message that violence won't be tolerated.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think you're SOL, TBH. But if you enjoy hearing freestyles over beats and not necessarily battle, I would highly recommend every freestyle the A$AP Mob has done on Hot97, they're all fantastic and on their YT channel. And of course Sway in the Morning quite frequently has spitters on.

Wanted battles ;_; too lazy to check now since on phone outside but I wonder if that scribble jam kickstarter thing worked out. Probably not.

IrishNinja

Damn same night as Evo. They also setting Joe up to be the hero.

aw shit, that night's gonna be crazy...and yeah clear underdog status, i just hope it doesn't magically pan out that way. i used to fuck with buddens around MM2 or so but the fuckery since then has me excited to see this beating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL just swiped this battle and put it up on their channel: SK vs. Nick G. Not the greatest battle, but a few hot lines on each side. I've never been a fan of SK, no flow.

WHERES RONE VS DANJA ZONE >:[

Total Slaughter:
Marvwon vs. T-Rex.
Aye Verb vs. Big T.
:/

My Top 5 battles of the first half of 2014, in no particular order:
- Charlie Clips vs. Hitman Holla
- Charlie Clips vs. Tay Roc
- Daylyt vs. Chilla Jones
- Bigg K vs. TheSaurus
- Loaded Lux vs. Hollow Da Don

I think Daylyt vs. Chilla might be my favourite. Just so consistent from front to back.

Not-a-bar of the 1/2 year:
You know what Yung Ill told me?!
Nothing. But look at you, scard.

Damn same night as Evo. They also setting Joe up to be the hero.
Yeah... I'm choosing EVO. Sorry Buttons.

So is the battle with DBZ Daylyt out yet?
That was a Quiet Room battle, right?

Probably not if QueenzFlip is still keeping Head Ice and T-Rex hostage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Aye Verb vs. Goodz.

This battle is straight. I feel they both had strong thirds and Verbs second was good despite the stumble. A bunch of reused lines and filler throughout the first two rounds though. Kind of disappointing considering this grudge match is pretty much as old as the URL itself.

Verb's 2nd was probably the best round of the battle. Still I give it Goodz 2-1. Gonna have to watch it again to really get into it. Good battle, not the classic it was hyped up to be but that's nothing against it.

All the people out there on twitter who were selling Verb's stumble in the 2nd as a choke need to check themselves. Would have been a minor stumble too if the crowd didn't spaz out.

I liked Goodz' "real talk" 3rd better than Verb's "real talk" 3rd. But both had respectable angles.

Best Verb in a while, considerable dry spots, but I enjoyed his performance. Goodz was more punchline heavy, hit or miss, but generally nice and it threw off Verb's first few bars in the 2nd.

NOME IV battles have been pretty dope so far.

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
URL: Aye Verb vs. Goodz.

This battle is straight. I feel they both had strong thirds and Verbs second was good despite the stumble. A bunch of reused lines and filler throughout the first two rounds though. Kind of disappointing considering this grudge match is pretty much as old as the URL itself.

For some reason I'm expecting more from Verb and he's constantly coming up short. It's getting to the point where it's like show me something homey. What have you done for me lately, because his last few battles have been nothing but meh's. Sidenote: do anybody have a site to watch the Slaughterhouse event online, free stream?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For some reason I'm expecting more from Verb and he's constantly coming up short. It's getting to the point where it's like show me something homey. What have you done for me lately, because his last few battles have been nothing but meh's. Sidenote: do anybody have a site to watch the Slaughterhouse event online, free stream?
I think a big problem with modern Verb is that he always uses the same angle of trying to educate and discredit his opponent about street shit. It's worn a bit thin, and will never be as good as the Hitman battle ever again, which I always end up comparing it to. Ever since that Math battle, we've seen it again and again, taking different permutations.

I need that Verb that tore into Hollow, that Verb that made everyone forget about SB. We saw that in his first round vs. Arsonal, but I'm tired of him playing the grown man role the same way.

Verb won 9000-0 off that "iron low like I'm anemic"

Goddddamnnn

Is that fucking mysonne making hilarious faces next to jada??. We'll if it is, him, jada and that fat dude in the county of kings made this battle for me

Head Ice vs T. rex is out.

This battle was kinda of meh. Best lines from both of them was their last ones

And

Lottazay vs 100 bullets vs xcel is out

100 bullets won this. Easily won the first. Lmao at lottazays face when xcel is clowning bullets about the Pokemon shit

They all came harder in the second, but I still edged it to bulletz. Xcel was cooking but that choke dropped him.

Highlight of the battle was "give you a pound mid round like Myers and rum nitty"

I participate in a monthly Rap Battle show. It's pretty fun- we all battle as high concept characters with full costumes.

My record so far is 5-2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Full Road to Total Slaughter Episode 3.

This is a pretty good breakdown of what happened.

this shit is crazy, day really took the fade for the east...
I feel like this could be faked. Is Day missing a tooth?

op do you know who conceited, murder mook and 40 BARRS is?
40 BARRS would murk both of them in 2014.

This was actually a really good battle, I'm surprised. Arsonal 3-0 for me.

That Missy line WOW.

Man, Qleen is one of the biggest tragedies. I really think if dude wasn't a cokehead he would on like every Summer Madness and shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bit the bullet and watched Math vs. Diz.

Diz' second round was so corny, my god it was hard to watch. And I'd edge the first to Math but the first is debatable. Diz let the third go, but some of his best multis were in the third. I don't know man, Math and Stay were probably two of the biggest matches of his career and if this is him at his best and most motivated, maybe he should hang up the mic.

Diz is a bitch, he was all smiles and jokes and clapping through Math's rounds about the punching and stuff and he swung because he knew things went downhill at the end of the battle. Not only that, but his 3rd round makes him look so hypocritical.

And they left the punch in the PPV? For real? Shake my damn head.

mileS

Diz' second round was so corny, my god it was hard to watch. And I'd edge the first to Math but the first is debatable. Diz let the third go, but some of his best multis were in the third. I don't know man, Math and Stay were probably two of the biggest matches of his career and if this is him at his best and most motivated, maybe he should hang up the mic.

Diz is a bitch, he was all smiles and jokes and clapping through Math's rounds about the punching and stuff and he swung because he knew things went downhill at the end of the battle. Not only that, but his 3rd round makes him look so hypocritical.

Yeah what a mess. It was much more than his third that made him look hypocritical. For as much talk about the fight as there was I'm surprised more people didn't bring up how stupid his own bars are. Considering how much more lame it makes you look after you spit them, then throw down. I'm honestly shocked Diz hasn't thrown fists before in a battle. He's obviously the type to let the adrenaline get the most of him, kind of shocking it took this long for him to actually "snap" I guess you could say.

I thought Math was pretty weak against Pat, but he killed Diz in this one. I'm not a big fan of either anymore. After this I'd be more down to watch another Math battle.

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member

Where's the footage?

Top Bottom