• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

Ya do it

I legit think this thread is where the most I intelligent discourse about battle rap on the internet happens

I literally can't believe I just typed that. Time to off myself

Yeah battle rap discussion reminds me of the console wars when the first xbox hit. 90% trolls and the rest are complete scum. OTBVA is hilarious to read sometimes but everyone is a character there.

Finally watched b magic vs nitty

Godsamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Name flips from both sides were stupid

Also, prince lord vs jc randomly dropped on gorilla warfare. Pretty entertaining battle, especially the jokes from lord.

But goddamn, this dude lord said he has a "chrome glock" lmao. when they start making them shits. What a dumbass

JC is one of my favourites. He's so similar to yung ill with the wordplay inside of wordplay.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Poison Pen, Drect and Kid Capri will be judging Total Slaughter. I don't think these should be judged, but they're good picks. I would have put Mickey Factz in the place of Kid Capri though.

Murda Mook vs. Loaded Lux Trailer.

Royce no longer battling? Replaced with Big T? Bullshit.

Go-Rilla Warfare: JC vs. Prince Lord.

Also, prince lord vs jc randomly dropped on gorilla warfare. Pretty entertaining battle, especially the jokes from lord.

But goddamn, this dude lord said he has a "chrome glock" lmao. when they start making them shits. What a dumbass

JC is one of my favourites. He's so similar to yung ill with the wordplay inside of wordplay.
Yung Ill vs. JC is mad underrated. If there wasn't ~15 people in the audience, the bars would have set the place on fire.

Also JC has been on his shit ever since he got caught stealing bars. Both him and Chilla are back on the up and up. Chilla still proving he's one of the best writers.

EDIT: You know what? All the Born Legacy battles have mad replay value. I wasn't too hot on the event or the battles as they came out, but all of them are really good. Even though JC reused bars, he was nice and Tay Roc was straight BARKING on that dude. The Hitman brother line is one of the most memorable in the past year for me.

Furyous

I just caught the Daylyt versus Dizaster battle. Daylyt is nice when he raps and foregoes gimmicks. I need that Daylyt instead of the dude with the gimmicks. I refuse to take dude seriously if I know every battle contains a gimmick.

Next season of Total Slaughter needs longer rounds and longer time limits.

Furyous

Let's talk Hollow Vs. Buddens

It's an L for Hollow if he loses a round to Joe. Hollow has years of Ls at his disposal to clown Joe with. This should be a 3-0 body bag without question. But,but, but, if Joe wins one round it's loss for Hollow because Joe isn't a battle rapper and hasn't battled anyone in 14 years. Think about that for a second. Joe stopped battle damn near seven years before Hollow started battle rapping. I got Hollow in three but it's an L if Joe wins one round.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Let's talk Hollow Vs. Buddens

It's an L for Hollow if he loses a round to Joe. Hollow has years of Ls at his disposal to clown Joe with. This should be a 3-0 body bag without question. But,but, but, if Joe wins one round it's loss for Hollow because Joe isn't a battle rapper and hasn't battled anyone in 14 years. Think about that for a second. Joe stopped battle damn near seven years before Hollow started battle rapping. I got Hollow in three but it's an L if Joe wins one round.
C'mon fam, this is a biased way to evaluate a battle. It is what it is. Joe is a lyricist too, I see no reason why you should give someone an L even if their performance is a W just because of stuff that is irrelevant to the battle itself.

Anyone getting the Total Slaughter PayPerView?
I think I'll be skipping out to watch EVO, unfortunately. I want to hear y'all impressions on how it went.

REED DOLLAZ VS JOHN JOHN DA DON SMACK/ URL

1st round in JJDD is cookin'...

Reed said
64 FROM THIS NINTENDO CARTRIDGE WILL LEAVE YOUR DREAMCAST

WAAAAAAACK
Reed really is from the stone age isn't he, saying his mic is fucked up while he's literally spitting into it. Fuck those guys booing JJDD before he even spit a line, they were trying super hard to hate on John the entire battle.

This went exactly how people described it. This was an absolute BODY. DEAD @ the Nuborn line. Kind of funny how people cheered for his chicken scratch line but booed Calicoe when he was vs. Lux though.

Reed.. wasn't Reed. He still has the voice, but his delivery and bars weren't even as good as before. He tried to adapt to this new homogenous battle rap style too much. T Top did a better Reed than Reed at NOME 4.

RP912

Banned
Watching the reed battle now and so far ugh :/...Maybe I'm stuck in 2005 but these battles nowadays is missing something compared to the smack dvd days.

Reed really is from the stone age isn't he, saying his mic is fucked up while he's literally spitting into it. Fuck those guys booing JJDD before he even spit a line, they were trying super hard to hate on John the entire battle.

This went exactly how people described it. This was an absolute BODY. DEAD @ the Nuborn line. Kind of funny how people cheered for his chicken scratch line but booed Calicoe when he was vs. Lux though.

Reed.. wasn't Reed. He still has the voice, but his delivery and bars weren't even as good as before. He tried to adapt to this new homogenous battle rap style too much. T Top did a better Reed than Reed at NOME 4.

Mic was working fine so obviously, smh. When reed tells the crowd to hold it down when literally only half of his cheerleaders are making noise, smh.

Reed had like maybe 4 decent lines and was flat out embarassing the rest of the battle. I'd say Reed is from the stone age, but like you said he was actually BETTER back in the day.

This was a clean fuckin' body, john john didn't take this light, he went off every round for the most part and put up a top tier performance. Reed wasn't even close to ready for it.

this battle only has 40k views rn, Reed killed the streak of NOME IV battles doing crazy views. Hella ppl on forums and fb groups saying they dont even wanna watch this joint because of Reed.

Erv

dam, I want to watch these battles tomorrow, but don't want to pay. Will they be released for free eventually?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
this battle only has 40k views rn, Reed killed the streak of NOME IV battles doing crazy views. Hella ppl on forums and fb groups saying they dont even wanna watch this joint because of Reed.
Yeah, I'm not watching that battle again. And yeah, NOME IV battles have been doing crazy well. They should have left this for last. Let me see Gattas/Hustle next.

I'm worried that they're going to vault Cortez vs. T-Rex.. I'm still super salty about that battle being botched..

dam, I want to watch these battles tomorrow, but don't want to pay. Will they be released for free eventually?
I think they will, Budden & Royce seem pretty savvy and have been talking about how Joe/Hollow might be the most viewed battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joe is being stupid. To be fair though, both of those judges have relationships with Hollow that go way back. But who is more or as qualified than Drect and Poison Pen? Smack maybe? If Joe Budden makes some industry cat judge, then it's just bias in the opposite direction, who don't know anything about the sport or can't catch reused lines/angles. Ms Grazie as a replacement (alongside another TBA) is stupid, no offense to her. Wonder why Rex would do that for his battle too though.

I think Drect should be a judge no matter what. Poison Pen can be pretty biased towards the styles he likes most. Smack stays out of this stuff, and would probably want to preserve working relationships. There's no good conclusion to this, no matter what, there's a relationship somewhere people can use to claim bias.

EDIT: Cortez vs. Rex free styling in the Total Slaughter house. Pretty close, I like this footage they're putting out.

Twitter saying some stupid shit

Joe said posien and direct can't be judges cuz they biased

Hollow claims he knows it's rigged against him

This wouldn't be the first time Hollow makes a claim like this leading up to a big battle.

Pen and Drect are great judges in general but I don't have a problem with Joe's objection to them as judges so long as whoever replaces them is actually into battle rap. Being familiar with battlers and knowing inside references aren't necessary. In fact, I think that would detract from what this battle should be. There will be a ton of viewers who don't know Hollow and don't get GT and URL references. Inside references themselves are shortcuts to reactions anyways (similar to gimmick phrases and slogans). As far as recycled bars, not knowing if Hollow is recycling only benefits Hollow, so I'm not worried about that stuff either.

For this battle, Hollow needs to bring bars that the average Rap listener can understand. This is a PPV battle event that's being marketed to the closest thing to mainstream that Battle Rap will likely ever have. This is no longer the in-crowd corner of the internet viewing this (or at least it's an attempt to reach further than that), so approaching this from the same angles that battlers approach normal event battles would be a mistake.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You guys watching all these Joe and Hollow interviews? Hollow is dead seriously getting under Joe's skin. Hollow is already up like 3-0 from interviews.

Joe Budden and Hollow Da Don Interview at The Breakfast Club Power 105.1 (07/11/2014)
Joe & Hollow Talk Total Slaughter w/ Ebro in the Morning
Joe Budden & Hollow Da Don at each other's throat! Slaughterhouse too!

Hype rising! Can't wait to see this battle!
I don't have the link on me, but their appearance on 106&Park was fantastic too.

For this battle, Hollow needs to bring bars that the average Rap listener can understand. This is a PPV battle event that's being marketed to the closest thing to mainstream that Battle Rap will likely ever have. This is no longer the in-crowd corner of the internet viewing this (or at least it's an attempt to reach further than that), so approaching this from the same angles that battlers approach normal event battles would be a mistake.
This is where the UFF people fucked up as well, IMO.

Furyous

Budden is gonna body Hollow.

Hollow cannot lose to Joe Buddens. No shots at anyone in the community but this is And1 versus NBA to an extent. Hollow cannot let insert NBA player show up to a game, break his ankles, AND drop 40 on him. I'm familiar with the history of battle rap so don't take that as a shot.

Hollow says that Budden should battle a proving ground dude in the Sway interview. If that happened and Budden won then they would say he needs to keep battling and fuck that entirely.

If Budden pulls this off then this is the single biggest upset in rap history. Hollow has years of ammunition and pictures to use in this battle. He can't lose to a guy with a spray on beard. I'm a day one Budden fan but this *should* be an easy 3-0 for Hollow. Hollow thinks this as well because he was partying in Miami.

With that said, I need a Lux vs. Black Thought or a Lux vs. Eminem to happen in the next few years. Black Thought might not do it but Eminem is already a legend so that could happen.

I'm hyped for this battle. I want to root for Budden but Hollow has to win because Budden's last battle was almost 15 years ago.

*EDIT*

Mook 2-1 even though I'm a Lux fan. Something tells me Mook has something ready to bring the heat to Lux.
T-Rex 2-1 because Daylyt has to rap and hopefully won't resort to gimmicks.
Big T 2-1 because that's my pick.
Hollow 3-0 because Hollow can't lose. If Budden bodies Hollow his career might be on the verge of ending. I can't see someone that's battled Lux losing one round yet alone two of them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Final predictions?

Hollow 2-1 Budden
Lux 2-1 Mook (I really want Mook to do well, but he's the biggest question mark tonight)
T-Rex 2-1 Daylyt (debatable either way; I just can't bet against Rex especially after shutting shit down at Road to Total Slaughter)
Arsonal 3-0 Big at (body bag; Big T hasn't had anything as good as average since Surf and Arsonal has been turning up)

Tekniqs

i'm watching it right now through a stream...ghetto set up lol but better than nothing.

can't order through legit means currently it seems

Furyous

Is anyone live tweeting this event?

No offense to y'all...

'Fuck I look like paying for something that will be online by the end of tomorrow? I am not asking for a streaming link but if anyone wants to donate one to my inbox or tell me the location of an alternative source to watch this event then feel free.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big T is doing the thing where he spits a bunch of mad libs lines that are just "I'll _____ and shit" over and over. Arsonal is taking this pretty clearly, sending shots at everyone in the house, Cassidy, Budden and Royce just now.

Tekniqs

Is anyone live tweeting this event?

No offense to y'all...

'Fuck I look like paying for something that will be online by the end of tomorrow? I am not asking for a streaming link but if anyone wants to donate one to my inbox or tell me the location of an alternative source to watch this event then feel free.

it'll be online by tonight, bruh lol.

How you on the phone during the stream?
0v50.png

Top Bottom