• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

I thought Danny came with a lot of good material. Just wish he wasn't yelling all of it all the time at the top of his lungs. Danny yells, but he's never been so bad about this. I guess he was pretty excited this battle was finally happening.

Crowd should've definitely shown Danny more love. He did take more angles in this battle but he still had plenty of punchlines in his rounds. Some of his best shit was more personal like the
you died on the same day as your nephew
bar. I think the impact was lessened somewhat from his slightly botched delivery.

Rex is just fucking washed. Honestly if you take away his Total Slaughter run, which was comically stacked in his favor, he has nearly NO good performances in the past two years. The last truly impressive Rex I've seen was vs Young Ill. I guess he did okay vs Calicoe?

I might watch again for some Danny bars I may have missed... but this shit in no way lived up to the hype. Rex couldn't even make the first debatable and he had one of the most killer angles in battle rap history. He did the bare minimum and fucked off with a check, like he's been doing almost every battle for years. Fuck Rex.

Get him off SM5. Do we really need to see Rex die again vs T Top?

mileS

Completely agree about Rex. Even his loyal fans are getting sick of his act. Nobody wants to hear your mixtape bars yet again, or barely 50sec rounds because you didn't prepare. He's got one more shot left before he becomes a complete joke.

mileS

Wasn't feeling 2 of Day's rounds there. Iron had a good comeback this time. Iron 2/1 for me.

Huge improvement in quality over the PPV. Audio is super clean and the crowd isn't blown out.

Hmmm rewatching it I still got Iron. Caught some more of Day's material though and I really like how he was just zoning out the whole battle save for round 3.

Iron just has so many bases covered in this battle. Giving it to Iron right now but I feel like I might change my mind after some more viewings. Definitely a good ass battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
11990550_1470124413317423_5674214453733509075_n.jpg

Verb vs. Qleen has potential if both of them knock the dust out of their noses, and B Magic vs. Danja Zone is guaranteed to be good. Bonnie vs. QP might be interesting after the whole ghostwriting controversy.

Really looking forward to seeing how Qleen will come vs Verb. Especially after hearing an AFM interview with him. Seems like he's not gonna play around and he knows what he has to do.

The new Back2Basics KOTD card is really nice so far:
Caustic vs Bigg K
DirtbagDan vs DNA
Fresco vs TheSaurus
Arsonal vs Pass

In other news... Rone & Pat Stay cement themselves as the corniest friends in battle rap.

I'm gonna try and forget they ever did this and thought it was funny.

Battle of the Brave UK Trailer.

Charlie Clips vs. Gemini added to the card. Can't help but to be skeptical about this and where the money is coming from. Listened to dude's whole AFR interview too and his story is a bit shaky.

I listened to that too. Can't remember if I got all the way through it or not. All I can remember is a lot of him saying he wanted to put on for the more urban hip-hop scene in London.

Anything in particular give you the shaky vibe? I mean at this point we can pretty much write off every random throwing big money around on a mega event anyway, but yeah.

edit:

KOTD - Back to BAYsics 3 - Match Up Announcement #5 | #B2B3
QP vs Daylyt

Damn... this card is really shaping up to be something special.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SM5 is tomorrow. Predictions?

Lux 2-1
Calicoe 2-1
Shotgun Suge 3-0
Chess/Steams 2-1
JJDD 2-1
O'fficial 3-0
T-Top 3-0

Shotgun Suge 3-0?

Don't even know who he's up against, but that statement alone makes no sense to me.
Normally, i'd agree. But he his last two battles, he has been doing much better. I can't even hate (mostly) now.

I want Calicoe to kill Tay Roc. Dude is solid but i'm sick of the hype. He isn't THAT good.

SM5 is tomorrow. Predictions?

Lux 2-1
Calicoe 2-1
Shotgun Suge 3-0
Chess/Steams 2-1
JJDD 2-1
O'fficial 3-0
T-Top 3-0

yeah, pretty much same here. Lux might sneak a 3-0. Charlie's gatta be hungry to protect his GOAT status after the Hollow loss though so most likely 2-1. Hopefully they both bring that A game and its the classic on each side that Hollow vs Clips should have been.

Kicko

Anyone know if the Smack/URL event is available for live stream anywhere? Or are we going to have to wait until Smack posts them all on their Youtube account? Knowing how Smack does things, that could take forever and a day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit Roc vs. Cal lived up to the hype. I don't know who got the first, might have been one of Roc's best rounds but Cal was in pure TALK TO EM CAL mode. Roc could've been done after Cal was pushing him around and shit but he came back perfectly. They weren't fucking with either as much in the 3rd but I still thought their material was good. So many goddamn quotables in that battle, I don't even know where to begin. I have no issues calling that a classic. 2-1 Roc for me, only clear round I can give is the 3rd to Roc.

Lux/Clips wasn't as good. I need to hear it with proper/final audio before I call anything though. They both had like one and a half great rounds and one and a half okay rounds. Might give it to Clips 2-1 but I need to see it again. WTF @ that random girl talking to Lux at the end. The entire 3rd was weird TBH, from that to Lux' man getting mad at the crowd.

BTW Nitty vs. Chess was fire as well. So many creative name flips and wordplay in that battle. Man I used to hate Chess when I saw him battling initially but he's grown so much. Being so young it's great to see him carving out his own style and unorthodox flow as well. I fear that battle is gonna get lost in the mix kind of like how Steams and Nitty did.

EDIT: Apparently Smack brought out Gjonaj at SM5. Good to hear they patched things up. If they lost Gjonaj after losing Xcel that would have been bad. Gjonaj is one of the best new MCs in years IMO.

Damn they just dropped the PPV footage and called it a day? Where's the editing... the music... the hype reel? Shit feels weird. It's cool they dropped it so soon after but it doesn't even feel like a URL release.

edit:

It's still got the "live" graphic on the top right. Hmmmmmmmm

That is crappy, releasing the ppv footage unedited. Not a good look in my opinion, though I can see why. Lux-Clips was an ok battle that could've been good. It is the main event, if it IS for the people then let them finish. Daylyt-Solomon is a great example. URL needs to get it together when it comes to management (this comes down to the battlers too) and christ those crowds. They just ruin everything.

Anyways, I think that battle could've gone 2-1 either way. I gave 2nd to Clips and the third to Lux. I can't decide whose first I like more. Clips had punches, but a lot of them didn't hit for me.

I'm about to watch Roc-Cal and Official-Hustle next.

Also, lol at Smack bringing out Gjonaj to challenge Diz. Organik better watch out!

I got Roc winning. Hustle also won 2-1. Official got slept on though, that battle was the definition of gas.

Shotty VS. Clips on Don't Flop in mid November.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diz vs. Gjonaj is the only battle I like on that card TBH, and maybe to see what Lu Cipher does. Honestly feel like it's KOTD's weakest card in a long time.

Adding Diz vs. Gjonaj is a total wtf scenario in terms of URL vs. KOTD though.

Diz vs. Gjonaj is the only battle I like on that card TBH, and maybe to see what Lu Cipher does. Honestly feel like it's KOTD's weakest card in a long time.

Adding Diz vs. Gjonaj is a total wtf scenario in terms of URL vs. KOTD though.

oh my...

enzo you're buggin, man... it's okay, it's okay. in time the truth will be revealed. this card has enough heat to keep me through the winter & melt your ice cold heart.

for real, though, this is pretty weird and almost like a fuck you from gjonaj to url specifically. considering he was brought up on stage for SM5 and promoted the battle like it was going down on URL west. either way I'm glad it's going down in the pit and is being given the best chance to live up to the hype.

Gjonaj's ascension to top tier is happening fast as hell. Maybe even faster than T Top.

Top Bottom