• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Can we talk about the Daylyt Solomon battle? Iron Solomon lost off the strength of rapping to a beat. His second round gets booed on URL. KOTD let Iron take the Lux route and have longer rounds than his opponent. His first round like double the length of Daylyt's round.

I cant go by what gets boo'd on URL. Their prestige and marketing is so effective that people defend the disruptive crowds... I can kiiiiiiiinda see how its compelling in the sense that you have to be completely on your shit. But they boo'd Hollow Da Don. They boo everyone. They're out of control.

He cut back the sing songy shit hella much. Just by virtue of the battle not being 5 fucking rounds? Who knows... but either way it came off more rone-esque than cheesy dude who cant battle esque and he still had the hard shit as well.

Do I think he won? Idk Day was rapping a mile a minute and I haven't watched it again and really broke his rounds down outside of the lines I picked up initially. Right now Im really leaning toward Iron just for being more well rounded tbh. Definitely gatta rewatch tho.

Troy brown is fuckin amazing

Dudes killing it right now on the Dont Flop USA shit. Also this battle is a low key classic forever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally got around to Charron vs. Dotz.

Holy shit what a fucking bodybag, Dotz getting salty he's getting destroyed by completely freestyled rounds. Might be one of the worst bodybags I've ever seen off the strength of strong freestyle after strong freestyle after strong freestyle.

The women's intuition and hide and seek lines omggg

Damn one of the top YT comments is on point, how the fuck can Charron even freestyle that well? Is there any question he's the best freestyler at this point?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Chilla Jones vs. Prep. Man, the crowd is like a gladiator audience or something. By all accounts they were pretty much just telling Prep how dead he is

Daylyt/BattleRapChris/Soul discuss a bunch of things. This guys are all pretty perceptive, surprisingly I kind of agree with Daylyt about Hollow's weaknesses, why Hollow might lose to Mook, what makes a good performance. Daylyt is at his least trollishness and it's generally a good conversation.

Also I just discovered Pedro. Amazing.

Damn, it was a long night for Prep. That was a straight up bodybag and one of the most official bodies I've ever seen. He killed him all 3 rounds and Prep was legit trying and didn't fuck up (for the most part) also the crowd was giving him an extra fair shake.

Prep had so many problems in this battle. A lot of light material a lot of "clever but ultimately pointless" punches. It's like he expected a reaction after every punch and would kill his momentum waiting for it each time. Embarrassing. All Prep really had was rebuttals and even those just got depressing. It would be a fire line but you know he's gonna go back to sucking right after; so it was a bittersweet feeling.

Chilla put it down. His first round was his lightest and he was fucking Prep up with that material too. The captain planet shit, the pixar/disney scheme, green lantern punch. All stand-out moments just off the first watch alone. The green lantern shit in particular was amazing. How Chilla re-branded himself, fending off his URL stigma, leading up to one of his biggest punches. Pretty solidifying anyone who's still running with the "Chilla is boring" shit is a clear hater.

Prep wasn't ready. I wonder how many views this battle can get off the strength of Chilla bodying. All his top viewed joints & strong back & forth battles.

Finally got around to Charron vs. Dotz.

Holy shit what a fucking bodybag, Dotz getting salty he's getting destroyed by completely freestyled rounds. Might be one of the worst bodybags I've ever seen off the strength of strong freestyle after strong freestyle after strong freestyle.

The women's intuition and hide and seek lines omggg

Damn one of the top YT comments is on point, how the fuck can Charron even freestyle that well? Is there any question he's the best freestyler at this point?
I saw some video of him on youtube, where he freestyled for like 15 mins straight I think. It was pretty fire, Marv was in the video.

Prep can't punch. He's weak.

^^^

That Roc vs Brizz was a fucking hella good battle. Damn I'm gonna be rewatching this one for a minute. Roc was better here than vs Surf imo. Brizz went in as well he did a damn good job, proper redemption after the Verb battle.

I'd probably edge it to Roc just off the fact that Brizz came with a bit too many played out concepts. Roc had some too (battlers need to stop all of the "jews/jewls adolf/8 off nazi/ not see" FOREVER) but far less by comparison.

Can't definitively call it atm though. Best URL battle in a minute imo.

Caustic vs Marvwon #BOTZ4

This was dope. Had that low-key Back2Basements feel, but a bit more polished. Caustic got the win clearly. I like Marv but he wasn't ready and by the end you could see the defeat changing his demeanor. Not to sound too dramatic though, this was an altogether light hearted and fun battle.

Caustic's 3rd was fantastic. Really showed that when dude applies himself he's a great rapper. Could have been a much bigger name right now if he had been more consistent and clearly won a few key battles a year or two back.

But whatever, he's been doing well lately. The Ars battle's already got 400k+ and should do good things for him going forward.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo.. this battle was something else. This was a fight, shit is gonna have mad replay value.

Tay Roc switched his shit up but kept the aggression and still brought the bars. Brizz was more like his older self than what he tried vs. Verb, but dude was not as organized as he was vs. Young X. The energy was just with Roc IMO, but Brizz was doing his thing too. I don't think the lack of punches hurt him, but he was edging on losing me much more.

Also like how they did the trailer for Lux with Verb and Daylyt talking about him. I'd much rather both those battles than Clips TBH.

11988640_603354909803364_2445920733062693902_n.jpg

Danny Myers vs Daylyt went down in the living room. Coming soon apparently.

lol shit came outta nowhere

When are these kotd battles gonna drop

KOTD RELEASE SCHEDULE said:
*** RELEASE SCHEDULE - ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***
Sept 7 - Cadalack Ron vs Sicarii (MON)
Sept 10 - PH vs Yung Casper (THU) - GZ Re-Release
Sept 14 – Pat Stay vs Illmaculate (MON)
Sept 21 – Iron Solomon vs Daylyt (MON)
Sept 28 – Dizaster vs Dumbfoundead (MON)
Oct 5 – Arsonal vs Shotty Horroh II (MON)
Oct 12 – Charron vs John John Da Don (MON)
Oct 15 – Rone vs Kid Twist (THU)
Oct 19 – Head ICE vs Real Deal (MON)
Oct 22 – Bender vs Soul (THU)
Oct 26 – Pass vs Chilla Jones (MON)
Oct 29 – Psycoses vs Gin I (THU)
Nov 2 – Deffinition vs The Saurus (MON)
Nov 5 – Lexx Luthor vs Quake Matthews (THU)
Nov 9 – J-Pro vs Tycoon Tax (MON)

Wow so... no big shock as to why they were trying to sell tickets before the card dropped...

This is saying nothing of the potential for each match individually. But this is clearly the weakest Sumer Madness card and the weakest big URL card in a minute on paper.

Furyous

T Rex vs T Top????? Yet Rex couldn't battle Bill Collector? URL is foul for making Bill apologize on camera saying he was booked for Summer Madness then playing him by not having him on the card.

I don't want to talk about Qleen. Dude was on Maury awhile back then something got him. He's the Earl Manigault of battle rap. Drugs are bad for you people.

T Rex vs T Top????? Yet Rex couldn't battle Bill Collector? URL is foul for making Bill apologize on camera saying he was booked for Summer Madness then playing him by not having him on the card.

I don't want to talk about Qleen. Dude was on Maury awhile back then something got him. He's the Earl Manigault of battle rap. Drugs are bad for you people.

I know QP from Sons was on Maury but I didn't know Qleen was too.

I'm looking forward to Wavy vs John John surprisingly and Roc vs Cal and another Suge performance. This event does seem flat though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know QP from Sons was on Maury but I didn't know Qleen was too.

I'm looking forward to Wavy vs John John surprisingly and Roc vs Cal and another Suge performance. This event does seem flat though
Wavy vs. JJDD has the most potential out of the rest of the matches IMO, but I still don't feel like Wavy deserves it. The zombie line was cool but that K-Shine vs. Wavy has like no replay value.

Lux vs. Clips is just way too representative of there being a sore lack of matchups left among the best for me to fuck with the matchup, especially both of them coming off of some pretty big Ls.

mileS

Qleen was garbage the last few battles from what I remember. Adding that onto him not being as good as the real QP (coked out or not) thats a pretty big L right there. Will not watch lol.

Hilarious how they ended up doing stupid junkie shit together

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Qleen was garbage the last few battles from what I remember. Adding that onto him not being as good as the real QP (coked out or not) thats a pretty big L right there. Will not watch lol.

Hilarious how they ended up doing stupid junkie shit together
Wasn't Qleen's last battle Arsonal? That's like one of the most well rounded battles ever, there isn't a wasted round or bar. He's def. a complete cokehead though, but he doesn't pull that shit on the Syndicate Cartel stage so it's not really a big worry.

Qleen shits on QP for having personality alone TBH. QP raps like he's reading a children's book a lot of the time.

I guess... I guess top can at least get that definitive top tier win? I honestly thought he clearly beat Charlie but that's not the consensus. I don't see Rex putting up a decent fight. He's washed. That Total Slaughter run was smoke & mirrors.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I guess... I guess top can at least get that definitive top tier win? I honestly thought he clearly beat Charlie but that's not the consensus. I don't see Rex putting up a decent fight. He's washed. That Total Slaughter run was smoke & mirrors.
It's hard to even judge the new generation's trajectory at this point. I mean, they're getting some really good names (especially Brizz and Top), but it doesn't really feel like a changing of the guards. I actually kind of feel like Brizz might shoot past Top at some point because he's a bit more dynamic.

It's hard to even judge the new generation's trajectory at this point. I mean, they're getting some really good names (especially Brizz and Top), but it doesn't really feel like a changing of the guards. I actually kind of feel like Brizz might shoot past Top at some point because he's a bit more dynamic.

yo i have a response to this but i'll hit you on the chat later cuz right nowwwwwwww...

KOTD - Rap Battle - Pat Stay vs Illmaculate (Title Match) | #WD5

yoooooo lets gooooooooo!!! already saw this shit but still lets goooooooooo!!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That lived up to expectations. Such a fun battle, DOT was killing it (although more frontloaded, his first round was incredible), I couldn't get the smile off of my face. Philly flow was in full effect in Bill's 3rd too.

WHAT
THAT
MEAN

That boy has the it factor where you can't see where he's gonna go next.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rex has run out of shit to say, I'll still cherish all of his quotables dearly but dude has been having debatables and losses for years now :(

Danny didn't come as hard as he usually does either, should have just barred it out instead of taking angles an using long set ups in this case IMO but he definitely had his moments and won that clearly.

RIP Rex
and Prep

Top Bottom