• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

The WD5 card isn't that impressive this year. Could be great in the end who knows but I'm finding it hard to get excited.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Serius vs DNA is sliiiiightly better on cam for both of them but it's still such an ugh battle that you have to force yourself through. Day vs. Danja is decent to good, would give it 3-0 to Danja.

So much fuckery going on with big cards. Crown 2 had its main event pulled, which was a highly requested match up for SM5 that doesn't appear like it's going down there either, Surf just mentioned he's not on SM5 (so who the fuck knows what's on the card at this point), and WD5, and both the new RBE cards aren't exciting in the slightest.

Damn... Danja Went the fuck in. "Missed/Mrs where he from like a beauty pageant" should have gotten thunderous applause. That was diabolic.

Day's shit was too sloppy and just generally not good enough to fuck with what Danja had this battle. He claims he was distracted from the Diz remark during the Chilla battle. Think he would have lost either way tbh.

Need to peep the full WD5 card again. I don't remember any of the match-ups flooring me but theres potential for some dope shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: T-Top vs. Shotgun Suge. LETS GET IT

Alpha League: Jay Rell vs. Ill Will. Ill Will got killed, but I kind of liked his 2nd.

I got cheated on BET, but I knew the terms of the agreement and had to accept the decision
They took $10,000 from you, that's the end of that sentence

Dizaster might replace Suge? Now this is getting interesting. Dizaster in Chicago? Will EC dudes run up on him? Will he stand a chance against Hitman? How will his multis go over?

Damn... Danja Went the fuck in. "Missed/Mrs where he from like a beauty pageant" should have gotten thunderous applause. That was diabolic.
Yeah I was surprised at how little reaction that line especially got.

I only got Suge definitively taking the 3rd and honestly even then their material is close he just had the crowd giving him that extra energy.

My gut is saying T Top won this. 1st two rounds are debatable though. Gatta watch again.

I got Suge 3-0 maybe 2-1. Can't believe I said that. Top did fine though. His dope stories might be running dry though, at least as much as he does them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TrapHouseFL: Cortez vs. J Murda. Perfect example of what not to do as a rookie. Call some dude out for months like he's gonna validate your existence as an MC and get slaughtered. RIP J Murda.

SM5 looking hella weird right now. So much stuff in the air. Especially now that Surf is on Hot97 saying the Math battle isn't happening.

Lux vs. Clips (Unbias confirmed on twitter)
DNA/K-Shine vs. Chess/Steams will be completed on the card (Smack confirmed)
Tay Roc vs. Calicoe (Tay Roc said on IG it's going down)
Daylyt vs. Big T (was delayed so they could do it on the EC and already paid for)
Ms. Hustle vs. O'fficial (they're promoting it)
T-Top vs. T-Rex (they're promoting it)
Math vs. ??? (I hope they bring back Ill Will for this)

Already seems too big to be true, plus Beasley is saying there's people you wouldn't expect to be on the card on there.. but those seem like the usual suspects.

EDIT: Math vs. Bigg K and YK vs. JJDD just got added to Crown 2, damn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TrapHouseNY: JC vs. Xcel. Gonna get into this soon but..

Norbes got punched by D Gunna at an event. lmao Daylyt already put out a song about it.

If you don't know who D Gunna is, he's pretty much only known for having the worst, chokiest PG performance of all time. He got super tight about it even though he's the only one to quit a PG half way through and Norbes was still willing to give him another shot.

My ears ringing while it pop, sound like I release thunder
16 all in your chest, the one in your head? I won't keep from ya
Face shot, letting that last round go like D Gunna

TrapHouseNY: JC vs. Xcel. Gonna get into this soon but..

Norbes got punched by D Gunna at an event. lmao Daylyt already put out a song about it.

If you don't know who D Gunna is, he's pretty much only known for having the worst, chokiest PG performance of all time. He got super tight about it even though he's the only one to quit a PG half way through and Norbes was still willing to give him another shot.

My ears ringing while it pop, sound like I release thunder
16 all in your chest, the one in your head? I won't keep from ya
Face shot, letting that last round go like D Gunna

Not bad, I got Xcel though. And LOL norbes. Caught Daylyt's video lmao

Also, because i'm late...Calicoe-Tay Roc is gonna be FI'YAH!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: JC vs. Psycoses.

Fun battle. Psycoses has potential, looking forward to seeing him get better and better.

Gjonaj is the truth. Dude was cooking every round, so many quotables hooooooooooooolllllly shit. 3-0 or 2-1 Gjonaj, but that was totally Gjonaj's battle.

Gjonaj is in this place where he's one of the best storytellers, aggressors and punchers all in one. Hopefully he irons his shit out with URL because I really want to see him battle Tink.

Seriously, I miss bars that catch you by complete surprise. Gjonaj has like 7 of these each battle. I had to pause as I tried to digest some of these.

KOTD: JC vs. Psycoses.
Fun battle. Psycoses has potential, looking forward to seeing him get better and better.

Psycoses is good but he'd benefit from putting some passion in his delivery. He's a bit too dry despite obvious technical skills. He's saying that his WD5 battle will be his best yet so here's hoping.

Gjonaj is the truth. Dude was cooking every round, so many quotables hooooooooooooolllllly shit. 3-0 or 2-1 Gjonaj, but that was totally Gjonaj's battle.

Gjonaj is in this place where he's one of the best storytellers, aggressors and punchers all in one. Hopefully he irons his shit out with URL because I really want to see him battle Tink.

Seriously, I miss bars that catch you by complete surprise. Gjonaj has like 7 of these each battle. I had to pause as I tried to digest some of these.

Born has some nice bars though, but gjonaj....damn son!
Gjonaj 3-0. I could see 2-1 though because Born's second was pretty dope.

Yeah, I agree all around. Gjonaj just had way more substance. Really the complete package... angles, punches, imagery, aggression all interwoven. It's a testament to how good of a gun line rapper Born is that he didn't kept completely smoked. But at the end of the day Born's style is dime a dozen and Gjonaj is, as he put it, a breath of fresh air.

Born needed more than that Dizaster angle to win. I gatta give it Gjonaj 3-0

I'd be interested in seeing Chilla vs Gjonaj. Chilla has been known to mix it up against unorthodox opponents better than Born and I think it would push both their writing. I feel like I might have suggested this already... But yeah that'd be a dope match.

Furyous

The WD5 card isn't that impressive this year. Could be great in the end who knows but I'm finding it hard to get excited.

CM4HevYXAAEtNeU.jpg:large

You're entitled to your opinion but this card is fire.

How do we feel about Math trying to bully Surf into a battle by alleging Surf has a ghostwriter? Who does Math think he is to come straight off a two year break, jump the line, and take on the top guy right now?

Just chilled with Enzo for a few hours to watch straight outta Compton.

I whispered battle lines into his ear the whole time and then he finished the bar

I think he's the one for me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL PGs: Jimz vs. Bad Newz. They almost got into a scuffle in the middle of this (lol @ timing this release to coincide with the 2on2 drama), that's why it was vaulted. Jimz stepped it up for this battle IMO, too bad he's probably blackballed now.

URL needs to quit playing and start dropping those Traffic battles too. Have no idea why they're not alternating with Redemption battles and treating the West like the neglected stepson.

I'd be interested in seeing Chilla vs Gjonaj. Chilla has been known to mix it up against unorthodox opponents better than Born and I think it would push both their writing. I feel like I might have suggested this already... But yeah that'd be a dope match.
Chilla sounds like a really dope match up, actually. I want this to happen now, could work on both KOTD and URL too.

Nobody posted this yet? You guys are slackin'!

Chess/Steams-K Shine/DNA
https://youtu.be/rjG-HqMuxzw

Performances were HYPE! Shame about the altercation, hopefully the redo goes off much better overall. Chess is starting to impress me.
This was super exciting but it was totally K-Shine's fault for pushing Chess. It sounded the other way around when it happened but nah, totally K-Shine's fault.

That switching targets bar, whew

How do we feel about Math trying to bully Surf into a battle by alleging Surf has a ghostwriter? Who does Math think he is to come straight off a two year break, jump the line, and take on the top guy right now?
People have been saying the Joe Budden writes for Surf thing for a long time. Conceited mentioned it, Hollow mentioned it, etc. I don't believe it, honestly.

Math is just sounding desperate, which is disappointing.

Solomon trying to put his own bodybag in a bodybag? Dude has balls.
Well, at least one ball.

Just chilled with Enzo for a few hours to watch straight outta Compton.

I whispered battle lines into his ear the whole time and then he finished the bar

I think he's the one for me
<3

brb grabbing the "blicky"

Furyous

67gHF8G.gif

Ars got bodied, allegedly. WD5 is better than SM5 thus far. URL needs to something besides ride off Smack's history and actually come to the table with great product.

Watched Shotty vs Ars and Dumb vs Dizaster and WD5 is fire so far. Ars fucked up big time but still managed to fuck up in an entertaining fashion. Probably ruined the re-watchability but it was definitely fun to see the first time. Shotty had flames for 3 rounds. Could have been another classic if Ars didn't shit the bed and start throwing a tantrum.

Diz actually had a good performance. Dumb keeping him to 3 minute rounds most likely helped him focus more than he has in a long time.

Anyone watching the day two stream today?

mileS

lol should have only did 2 rounds for this. Taking way too long.

Wondering what Eurgh said or did the other day that got the KOTD staff so petty.

I know they had the insults going back and forth last year... but eurgh was at Blackout so idk whats happened since.

Apparently, according to the post battle interview. Somebody insulted Eurgh and he got upset. KOTD tried to mediate the situation but Eurgh wasn't having it. Ppl on the KOTD side are thinking it was just a convenient excuse to back out of the battle.

From what i've seen so far. Shotty 3-0, Ars is hilarious, had me dying the whole battle, they both had some good stuff but Shotty was there to win and he definitely did that.

Charron MURDERED JOHN JOHN. 3-0. He DIED yo. It was great.

Man Iron Solomon completely smashed my expectations and Day went nuts. I got Solomon 2-1 I think, but Day was fire too!

Illmac 3-0 or 2-1.

11917677_1052315028126716_2650384415911029059_n.jpg

We tryna see Charron vs Tay Roc?

On another note. WD5 turned out great produced a lot of good battles & a few real heaters as well. KOTD on a real streak of dope events rn. Good for them, they were lookin' shakey for a minute there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
11917677_1052315028126716_2650384415911029059_n.jpg

We tryna see Charron vs Tay Roc?

On another note. WD5 turned out great produced a lot of good battles & a few real heaters as well. KOTD on a real streak of dope events rn. Good for them, they were lookin' shakey for a minute there.
Smack pls set up Tay Roc vs. Charron

IDK if I even like that match up but I'm 110% supporting more looks for Charron.

Back 2 Basics was the perfect strategy to bounce back with after we all found out Lush was as much of a cokehead as we assumed.

mileS

Damn Pat is smarter than that. He probably got a little too excited about a Hollow battle and announced it before everything is signed. That or he signed his part and assumed Hollow did too. Either way I'm sure its bound to happen eventually.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate something that's been somewhat overlooked...? That is just how badly Illmac fucked DNA up.

I was just thinking about it. When I initially saw the battle I knew Illmac 3-0 bodied him. But in the wake of Illmac vs Stay it's clear how light Illmac took DNA while still completely washing him.

In fact they might be the 3 lightest rounds of Illmac's current run and DNA couldn't edge a single round smfh.

But whatever... I'm off that. I need more battles that bring the best out of Mac. He's a true pro & tactician at this shit. Someone's gatta step up and book that Mac vs Hollow. Such a no brainer rn. Illmac's hype is at an all time high off the Pat win and his price is definitely nowhere near top SMACK talent. This will be the cheapest & best top tier match to book atm.

Come through for me battle rap.

mileS

thx echos

QP vs. 100 Bulletz / KOTD damn Bulletz was cookin in this battle. Usually a big fan of QP but wasn't feeling his rounds at all. Worth it alone for one of the biggest QP/Sons murders since Soul Khan lmao

Pat Stay interview addressing the title match and Drake not paying him Props to Pat for keeping it real here.

Anyways, on some other shit, now that Solomon is back (and had a decent performance this time) whats next? a rematch with Thesaurus would be perfect.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Danja Zone vs. Danny Myers. How is Smack in the building and not on cam in favour of Aspect One? Dope to see Jin there though. Writers Block continuing to do their thing and putting out fire stuff. Danny's 2nd especially damn

Also Daylyt now saying he's withdrawn from SM5 after that Iron Solomon battle. SM5 sounding like a clusterfuck.

Damn Pat is smarter than that. He probably got a little too excited about a Hollow battle and announced it before everything is signed. That or he signed his part and assumed Hollow did too. Either way I'm sure its bound to happen eventually.
Pat pretty much gave that battle away and he's pretty much alluded to it in every interview since. I mean, he's only made complaining about the chain his schtick for like 2 years now. Shame because that first round was one of his best in a long while too.

SET IT UP
Norbes must really like Gjonaj cause now he's calling for that match on URL West even after all the bullshit they went through.

Man, I really hope Gjonaj doesn't end up wasting his career away like Xcel :(

Anyways, on some other shit, now that Solomon is back (and had a decent performance this time) whats next? a rematch with Thesaurus would be perfect.
Solomon signed a 3-battle contract with KOTD. He said he didn't have opponents yet but they'd be of a high caliber.

Also 100 Bulletz is getting better and better, especially after beating Chilla. Looking forward to watching the QP joint next.

mileS

lol Aspect One is a fucking clown. Was pretty neutral towards him back when he was always on the KOTD west coast events. That is until I seen him on the Dirtbag Dan show a few times. Lush was always on with him, and every time they asked Lush a question Aspect would cut in as many times as possible and steer the conversation to somehow be about him and him only. So fucking full of himself. Came off as such a try hard.

Furyous

Can we talk about the Daylyt Solomon battle? Iron Solomon lost off the strength of rapping to a beat. His second round gets booed on URL. KOTD let Iron take the Lux route and have longer rounds than his opponent. His first round like double the length of Daylyt's round.

Top Bottom