• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

You won't let ticket change be?

Practice flying bombers and being front gunner, when those roles have decent to good players you can dominate scoreboard without ever touching single cap.

I dont know if the new system is better. What was wrong with ticket bleed? The tug of war styled system seemed uniquely Battlefield.

GravyButt

Hows the mondragon sniper? I know for cqc it probably sucks but hopefully its still useable in that situation somehow? I have horrible vision and im blind in one eye so seeing targets is hard. I hold my own and always end up on top the leader board through objectives, but id like to have some damn kills or at least an equal k/d r so its not embarrassing!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Holy shit I am having the hardest time actually SEEING people in this game between all the shit going on and the weather effects.

Kal

How do I destroy 3 vehicle with K bullets? I'm trying to get the Order of the Falcon medal. I'm using the K bullets but they do very minimal damage to tanks :(

Lender

That and tanks

My most shouted sentence during gameplay:
"Take out the fucking tanks you fucking retards!" But nooooo, let's all snipe some guys 2 miles away while the tank is taking over the last objective before they win the game. Idiots.

How do I destroy 3 vehicle with K bullets? I'm trying to get the Order of the Falcon medal. I'm using the K bullets but they do very minimal damage to tanks :(

You need to target light infantry. Speaking of which, I wish there was more light infantry in general. I wish horses could act like taxis. Id love transporting teammates around.

I also like the forest.

Sinai desert Rush is the worst thing I played in this game by far.

Yes, Sinai is quite bad. I only played Amiens. I am excited to try the Forest and other maps.

Yeah Tanks pretty much force you to play Assault. Because no one seems to care about them fucking your shit up.

Not really. Unlock HE grenades for medics or HE mortars/limpet charges for Support make those classes much more viable. Even special classes can unlock some anti vehicle stuff. Only the sniper class has the weaker K bullets. You might as well just ran away or stay hidden if you are a sniper.

Not really. Unlock HE grenades for medics or HE mortars/limpet charges for Support make those classes much more viable. Even special classes can unlock some anti vehicle stuff. Only the sniper class has the weaker K bullets. You might as well just ran away or stay hidden if you are a sniper.

The idea of the K Bullets is that you keep the tanks from repairing as your team respawns, reloads, etc. They play a crucial role if you communicate and play as a team.

SkylineRKR

I think Sinai Desert is a bit comparable to Dawnbreaker. Awful map, but just not Flood Zone kinds of awful. Though in Rush i think its absolute shit.

jaaz

I am David Copperfield. Watch me levitate this tank:

BixVNOZ.gif

WillyFive

I think Sinai Desert is a bit comparable to Dawnbreaker. Awful map, but just not Flood Zone kinds of awful. Though in Rush i think its absolute shit.

Flood Zone is one of the best maps of vanilla BF4 though, the idea it's anywhere near as bad as Dawnbreaker is nonsense to me.

And I don't see how Sinai Desert is anything like it either.

But then you wouldnt get better

I'm playing for fun, don't really care much for my rank or skill level or whatever.

But he would be able to play the game. Hard to practice if you are getting constantly shot or running around on empty servers

Yeah that's my point, competitive is fine sometimes but other times you just want to stomp some bots and feel good without constantly getting sniped or blown up by a tank.

SkylineRKR

Flood Zone is one of the best maps of vanilla BF4 though, the idea it's anywhere near as bad as Dawnbreaker is nonsense to me.

And I don't see how Sinai Desert is anything like it either.

I remember Dawnbreaker as an open plaza with elevation at the sides around it, where snipers could camp. In terms of boringness I'd rate them equally. I didn't like Dawnbreaker at all. I hated Flood Zone when the water rose. But I was disappointed by BF3 and 4 maps in general (liked Aftermath pack the most). I'm more a BC2 kind of guy, which would explain why I like Rush again.

Hey when I tried to download BF1 on my PS4, the game is also asking me to download all the BF4 expansions I own.

What does this mean?

Also, is the campaign any good? Does it offer anything new in terms of BF campaigns at least?

Repost. Really? No one knows, or am I that stupid?

I'm not sure I understand Operations. Everyone is saying how cool it is that it spans multiple maps, but that literally never happens when I play. I just take or defend the Sectors and then it says Operation Over, and takes me back to the Operation select screen.

Are the different "maps" people talk about just Sectors or am I missing something? Because I do see pictures of multiple maps on the Operations menu.

Jb

Repost. Really? No one knows, or am I that stupid?

This is pretty weird. I think the game allows you to switch between the BF games installed on your console from the main menu so maybe that's why? I had BF4 already installed and therefore didn't run into the same issue.

This is pretty weird. I think the game allows you to switch between the BF games installed on your console from the main menu so maybe that's why? I had BF4 already installed and therefore didn't run into the same issue.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense, actually.

Thx for the help.

I'm not sure I understand Operations. Everyone is saying how cool it is that it spans multiple maps, but that literally never happens when I play. I just take or defend the Sectors and then it says Operation Over, and takes me back to the Operation select screen.

Are the different "maps" people talk about just Sectors or am I missing something? Because I do see pictures of multiple maps on the Operations menu.
If the attacking team successfully takes over all the sectors to win the map, you advance to the next map. If the defenders can hold them off for three battalions, the mode ends with defender victory before you get to another map.

JJShadow

I just ended a Rush game with a pretty bad K/D (9-15 or so) but I somehow managed to be the leader of my team in terms of points. People worry too much about K/D that they forget what the real objectives are

A couple of questions: how do you usually play Assault? I mean, you're supossed to be the main source of damage/kills in your team, and I always try to get mid-range to fight the other team, but most of the time I get killed and I got the feeling I'm not having such an impact in comparison with my Medic or Support

I've also managed to gather a great amount of War Bonds. Are there any (cheap) must-have weapons I should buy for each class?

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
Every time i use the option to quit out of a match at the results game, it just hangs on a black screen with the little cog spinning round and round in the corner. Driving me mental.

Skab

I'm playing for fun, don't really care much for my rank or skill level or whatever.

Yeah that's my point, competitive is fine sometimes but other times you just want to stomp some bots and feel good without constantly getting sniped or blown up by a tank.

It's not about being competitive or ranks or skill levels. Getting destroyed repeatedly by players isnt fun for anyone. But you also wont learn how to not get destroyed if your only playing with bots.

Doing it once in a while as break is a different story though.

Is anyone else having trouble controlling the plane in the second campaign story?

For some reason my mouse is controlling its yaw instead of its roll, and my A and D keys aren't doing anything at all (they're bound to yaw). What the hell is going on? Have I just not made it far enough in the mission for rolling to be "unlocked"? Is it just how this mission is designed? Or is it just bugged/broken (perhaps a PC-only issue)? Whatever it is, it's driving me nuts.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Argonne Forest is fun but man I got spawn killed so many times just now.

Getting a little sick of everyone sniping.

Ok, so I just played some Single Player before bed...

Is this a joke?

Honest Question. Is this a joke?
What the fuck is this? It's been a while since I've seen such a monumental load of shite.
Let's forget about the tear jerk stories. I never expected good stories from DICE.

The single player is an unpolished, unfocused mess with some of the most idiotic AI I've seen in a game. In Avanti Savoia I was literally standing next to the artillery gun, watching wave after wave of Germans spawn (though they call them Austrians, they aren't. Two Germans were running up the mountain side, and nothing would stop them. They just ran and ran, until they reached the peak (I spotted them so I could watch their icons lol)
The rest of the mission I just stabbed people to death like an Italian Mike Myers.

I played through Mud and Blood and that mission was a bit better, but still, it's a blemish on an otherwise decent game.

jaaz

I just ended a Rush game with a pretty bad K/D (9-15 or so) but I somehow managed to be the leader of my team in terms of points. People worry too much about K/D that they forget what the real objectives are

A couple of questions: how do you usually play Assault? I mean, you're supossed to be the main source of damage/kills in your team, and I always try to get mid-range to fight the other team, but most of the time I get killed and I got the feeling I'm not having such an impact in comparison with my Medic or Support

I've also managed to gather a great amount of War Bonds. Are there any (cheap) must-have weapons I should buy for each class?

Tanks my friend. Take out tanks and other vehicles. No one does it better. And CQC at flag capture and defense.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Probably because a high K/D is more fun to many people than capping points while dying a ton.

SDCowboy

Is anyone else getting the glitch where their class resets the loadout almost every round? I didn't have it early one, but started happening later in the day.

Top Bottom