• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Anyone else have an issue where the Operations cutscene freezes buy the audio still plays, then the video speeds up to catch the audio? Happens to me every time

Yea everytime. It's bugged or something.

Bummer to hear, but not too surprising.

The BARs are incredible, and LMGs are a little different to play with in general. I have 40 hours into the MP, I've never played as support in any of the other BF games (700-1000 cumulative hours), and support is my highest ranked class in BF1. The BAR telescopic is unstoppable.

I don't get it, my last 9 matches
jqg4KcF.png

Why ya'll got problems with RNG?
Wow, I've played about 6 hours and have yet to get one.

thejpfin

I'm really liking this game, but I can't play too much cuz I'm using the EA access version and physical version is coming monday. 10 hours goes fast if you're having a good time. I want to stretch this 10 hour trial until I get the full game.

I was worried that my game would crash every 30mins to memory leak problem that was in Alpha and beta versions, but so far not a single crash. Really impressed.

Getting 50-70 fps on medium settings. When fps goes below 60, it doesn't feel too bad. Is still somewhat playable.

Then there should be some kind of real weapons customization or something. Not everything has to be historically accurate. Maybe some different sights, or added foregrips or something also. But all kept within the realm of the period.

Whats wrong with having a few distinct weapons?

Stuff like attachments just ruins balance IMO. Sights seem fine but foregrips sound strange to me and it would need other attachments to balance out or act as tradeoffs

I think they should just add a better ribbon/medal system as that is the only thing that hurts the game

I really dont know why people want so many unlocks. I play games like rainbow 6 and even overwatch which has basically no weapon unlocks. everything is done for the enjoyment of the game or skin unlocks

risnuff

Neo Member
A couple of questions: For those playing on PS4, what FOV is best to play at? I notice the slider, which is really cool, but I haven't found a sweet spot yet. .

Someone suggested 74 (Hor+ 90) and that's what I've been using. Works well for me, but your mileage may vary.

As for my overall opinion, I haven't had this much fun online with a game in a very long time. I'm glad to see a AAA title of this console generation decide to take another crack at a past war setting. The "future fatigue" may very well be a real thing. Battlefield 1 is a brilliantly refreshing change of pace.

It's really unfair how much better the model 10 is over the trench M97. I finally get my favorite configuration of my favorite shotgun in a game and it gets outclassed by a Remington.

I still get top three most matches with the 97, but it's more in spite of the gun rather than with it

jacobs34

Someone suggested 74 (Hor+ 90) and that's what I've been using. Works well for me, but your mileage may vary.

As for my overall opinion, I haven't had this much fun online with a game in a very long time. I'm glad to see a AAA title of this console generation decide to take another crack at a past war setting. The "future fatigue" may very well be a real thing. Battlefield 1 is a brilliantly refreshing change of pace.

Thanks for the suggestion.

This times 100x. I'm a dedicated BF player, had high expectations, but never thought it would be this good.

GravyButt

Whats the best way to up the support rank? I spam ammo crates every chance possible and im actually racking up some great kills with the mortar lately but the things not budging. I got up to lvl 8 medic in no time.

Maybe its because I cant buy a kill with 0 rank lmgs?

Yea everytime. It's bugged or something.

The BARs are incredible, and LMGs are a little different to play with in general. I have 40 hours into the MP, I've never played as support in any of the other BF games (700-1000 cumulative hours), and support is my highest ranked class in BF1. The BAR telescopic is unstoppable.

Thanks, might give the BAR a go.

Do you roll with the HE Mortar in your kit typically?

redhot_

Found out how to take down any friendly 2 man plane in the game.

Find a blueberry flying one with a free spot. Spawn in and boom, almost have 100% they will crash and kill the both of you.

fml I hate console randoms

Mugenjin

Whats the best way to up the support rank? I spam ammo crates every chance possible and im actually racking up some great kills with the mortar lately but the things not budging. I got up to lvl 8 medic in no time.

Maybe its because I cant buy a kill with 0 rank lmgs?

Cap flags then cap more flags.

Recall

It's very easy to break the menus.

After a match you have 10-15 seconds to quit by pressing triangle and if you do, the game loses its mind.

I'm not sure why everything takes so long to load.

Thanks, might give the BAR a go.

Do you roll with the HE Mortar in your kit typically?

I use the default mortar, don't remember which that is. I will post up behind a rock/cover near a point, bomb it, and then move in with the BAR.

It's pinpoint accurate on the bipod up to a pretty good distance. It's devastating up close with the mid-range sight, and it's pretty good from the hip up close. The 20 round mag is the only drawback.

Mikey Jr.

Why the fuck do I have to be in a match to customize my character/loadout?

DICE does this in EVERY BF GAME.

WHY!??!

Fuck you, you want me to go afk? No problem. Kiss my ass.

I'm considering picking this game up, but I had a few questions:

How does this game at launch compare to Battlefield 4 at launch and Star Wars: Battlefront 3 at launch? Both had issues, but Battlefield 4 seemed to recover and sustain long-term. Is early Battlefield 1 plagued by the same problems that plagued early Battlefield 4?

Is it worth getting the premium/deluxe edition? Will I feel like I am missing out by not having that?

What makes Battlefield 1 superior/better than or an improvement over Battlefield 4?

Aters

I'm considering picking this game up, but I had a few questions:

How does this game at launch compare to Battlefield 4 at launch and Star Wars: Battlefront 3 at launch? Both had issues, but Battlefield 4 seemed to recover and sustain long-term. Is early Battlefield 1 plagued by the same problems that plagued early Battlefield 4?

Is it worth getting the premium/deluxe edition? Will I feel like I am missing out by not having that?

What makes Battlefield 1 superior/better than or an improvement over Battlefield 4?

First question: BF1's launch is good. There are match making problems here and there but nowhere near the disaster of BF4 launch.

Second: Delux is just some skins, don't waste your money. BF DLCs are always meaty though.

Third: That's very subjective.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The behemoths should only come in with the last battalion tbh.

Still not sure how I feel about this. Last game for instance, it's the first round. They get halfway, pretty good back and forth match (outside of my team forgetting that tanks need to be blown up). We win, they get behemoth, and suddenly it's much closer to a one-sided stomp.

Maybe this will change when people realize there are Anti-Air guns and people flying planes actually start attacking the behemoth.

GravyButt

Wait is there more than one type of mortar? Because only one shows up for me in support. The air version. Is it because I haven't ranked up the class at all?

*Splinter

The behemoths should only come in with the last battalion tbh.
Considering that defenders win almost every single game of Operations, I don't know why you'd want to change things further in their favour.

(I'm fine with them usually winning, the overwhelming odds are what make attacking so fun).

Just finally got a chance to start playing today. Was digging the campaign (still super early as I've only gotten through the Prologue and the first chapter of the tank campaign), but then that
little pigeon part
came up and man did that take me out of the game.

I looked at other videos and it seems like it's a common problem with the camera not tracking the bird properly, making it kind of jump around the screen. Also, since I wasn't too sure how I was suppose to control it, I ended up going out of bounds which leads to a pretty abrupt mood-killing death screen, especially with that sentimental music playing beforehand. Here's what it looked like to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZbqG6gDiTc

Whats wrong with having a few distinct weapons?

Stuff like attachments just ruins balance IMO. Sights seem fine but foregrips sound strange to me and it would need other attachments to balance out or act as tradeoffs

I think they should just add a better ribbon/medal system as that is the only thing that hurts the game

I really dont know why people want so many unlocks. I play games like rainbow 6 and even overwatch which has basically no weapon unlocks. everything is done for the enjoyment of the game or skin unlocks

Amen.

I played a fair amount of BF3 and 4 and honestly the thing that ended up turning me off of those games was the ridiculous grind to unlock dumb little attachments for guns in the hope that they'd make the gun feel noticeably better, which they rarely did, which in turn just made that whole grind feel pointless.

I love how BF1 is handling that sort of stuff- leave the battlepacks as cosmetics and the guns that you unlock are pretty much it. Lets me enjoy the game itself without worrying whether I'm having as much fun as I could be having because my gun isn't completely upgraded.

Considering that defenders win almost every single game of Operations, I don't know why you'd want to change things further in their favour.

(I'm fine with them usually winning, the overwhelming odds are what make attacking so fun).

Hmmmm that's true.

Though I am still favour of either allowing the more behemoth-less battalions. Or the ability to either win back a battalion if they win a map.

Good lord.

Amiens, Monte Grappa and St. Quentin

I was not prepared for these maps. Based Dice <3

Amiens is fantastic but its lacking destruction, like barely anything can be damaged along the river/train tracks. stage is a camp fest thanks to it.
Had a few times spammed tank rocket into windows to get 150+ damage bonus from hitting 2-3, yet campers happily live and have cover forever

Tovarisc

I wonder when majority of map discussion will shift from "Look 'em graphics!" to discussing how well maps work from gameplay perspective.

Animal

Banned
I am having a lot of trouble playing this game on PS4. I can't aim/kill for my life and everyone appears to be a thousand times more aware of their surroundings than I am.

Top Bottom