• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I cannot for the life of me find where I create an emblem to show off on my tank and other vehicles. I'm on the companion app on my PC right now.

Which is sometimes annoying as hell as sometimes you do just kick the shit out of the other team and you still get punished for it.

When you are only one of 32, it's russian roulette to be in a drastically winning or losing team. It would be very unjust in competitive gameplay though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV0IF4XVBlE

ILOuyAS.gif

Animator

Yeah they need to have speed buffers for each bullet taken whilst charging.

Also horses are op as fuck. I've yet to try the AT rifle, but I bet a horse would survive it lol.

How is a horse "op as fuck"? AT rifles/vehicles one shot it and you can shoot either the horse or the rider with any weapon.

Mahonay

Banned
I cannot for the life of me find where I create an emblem to show off on my tank and other vehicles. I'm on the companion app on my PC right now.
"VIEW EMBLEMS" should be right under your Soldier name on your Battlefield Career page.

Hit the plus button to make a new one. Any emblems you've used in BF4 or Hardline will be there as well. I'm personally using one I already had from BF4.

Man, the flare gun is endlessly hilarious, especially if you can catch someone as they're running down a hallway.

Server browser shows first 50 servers that matches criteria set by filters.

Gotcha, thanks. Changed the free slot filters and now it's nothing but nice and populated servers. (As much as I prefer having this stuff in-game, there are a few things this is making me miss about Battlelog.

How is a horse "op as fuck"? AT rifles/vehicles one shot it and you can shoot either the horse or the rider with any weapon.

They literally soak up bullets from infantry and have no slowdown in effect as you do so.

The riders are okay to take out, but if I hit a horse several times with a lmg and it doesn't at least slow down then that's op to me.

Then again I've never shot a horse irl, maybe they just keep on running sith several rounds pumped into them?

SkylineRKR

The Mondragon Storm is great and I got a camo for it. But I used the M1907 Sweeper and engaged close combat in Operations. Made some 50 kills with it, this weapon feels awesome.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The Mondragon Storm is great and I got a camo for it. But I used the M1907 Sweeper and engaged close combat in Operations. Made some 50 kills with it, this weapon feels awesome.

I'm gonna try the Mondragon series next but I've blasted through with the M1907, fantastic gun with the full auto. Seems like it does super high damage to people close.

Hey when I tried to download BF1 on my PS4, the game is also asking me to download all the BF4 expansions I own.

What does this mean?

Also, is the campaign any good? Does it offer anything new in terms of BF campaigns at least?

Nameless

You're doing it wrong. Benet Mercie is probably the best gun in the game. BAR is incredible, too.

Yeah but every other LMG blows lol

You unlock the Benet mercie early on and then you can continue using it or wait for the BAR. Don't see the problem. All the LMGS are fine, it's just the BAR and Benet Mercie are god tier.

The Benet is a solid dependable weapon but I wouldn't even call it the best in its class much less god-tier. BAR is legit, though. In semi auto mode it's basically a rifle.

But the MG15(suppressive) is my favorite of the bunch. If you can handle the recoil the thing shreds--feels sorta like a very pissed off M60. Tons of ammo, competitive RoF. Love it.

SkylineRKR

I'm gonna try the Mondragon series next but I've blasted through with the M1907, fantastic gun with the full auto. Seems like it does super high damage to people close.

I'm surpised by its damage and stability from range. I made some potshots with it. If you remove the bayonet you're more agile and hip fire works great as well.

Lender

Idiots of the battlefield

DESTROY. THE. TANK.

Omg this so much. How many times I've seen flags captured by tanks because I'm the only trying to blow the fucker up while others are playing as scouts doing nothing useful is just insane. Play the objective you retards.

Idiots of the battlefield

DESTROY. THE. TANK.

"Everyobody stop picking scout and grab some damn dynamite."
I wish I could tell my team this.
Unless you're Assault there isn't much you can do. Even then it's easier said than done. I feel like I should be able to lob some dynamite more than 4-5 yards.

Lol, it's not just the scout. Almost every class has a weapon that will stop a tank from repairing, at least. It's your team's tank focused on getting infantry kills, your snipers not using K bullets, your assault class not using their gear, etc. I you are letting a tank repair, it's the entire team's fault.

The same problem with enemy snipers. Your team's snipers are too focused on infantry kills and not doing their job, counter-sniping.

A lot of this will work out as people get experience and the weekend warriors move on to something shinier. All the positive pub is going to bring a ton of inexperienced players into the mix.

Animator

They literally soak up bullets from infantry and have no slowdown in effect as you do so.

The riders are okay to take out, but if I hit a horse several times with a lmg and it doesn't at least slow down then that's op to me.

Then again I've never shot a horse irl, maybe they just keep on running sith several rounds pumped into them?

Horse can only kill what is directly in front of it whereas you can pump bullets into it from any direction. If the horse died immediately or slowed down when shot it would be absolutely useless.

SkylineRKR

Unless you're Assault there isn't much you can do. Even then it's easier said than done. I feel like I should be able to lob some dynamite more than 4-5 yards.

Dynamite is pretty much C4.

But yeah, I dropped Assault for now. All the time I chucked everything at the tank but I was the only one in doing so and I usually died before the Tank was down. Doesn't help that Assault primary weapons are pretty much shit until you're ranked up. I rather walk around with the Mondragon, 1907 or w/e.

Is this worth picking up on PS4 for someone who doesn't play much battlefield but is craving a good online shooter? Thinking about trading Mafia 3 in to get this.

I love this game. I played nonstop for hours since I woke up this morning hahah

Lvl 13 in a few hours. Feels good, but the teams I was playing in were so damn horrible lol. We won 3 or 4 matches but lost 10+, easily.

Also, I only got 1 battlepack so far. Is this normal? o_O

Lender

I love this game. I played nonstop for hours since I woke up this morning hahah

Lvl 13 in a few hours. Feels good, but the teams I was playing in were so damn horrible lol. We won 3 or 4 matches but lost 10+, easily.

Also, I only got 1 battlepack so far. Is this normal? o_O

I haven't gotten a single one in 13h of gameplay

Tovarisc

SkylineRKR

This game also got me interested in WW1. We were neutral during it, and we were victims of WW2 so thats usually the topic. WW1 is hardly being discussed upon. I didn't know much more than the assassination, the trenches and how it ended up into the Treaty of Versailles which crippled the German Empire or what was left of it.

But since BF1 I've looked up a lot about it. Its intruiging and likely even more vicious and pointless than even WW2.

SkylineRKR

Probably the worst campaign. The Australian one had so much potential- if play a full game based around that, the tank, the Hellfighters, and the Arab Revolt.

I liked the section behind enemy lines, and the part in the Blimp. But the narrative was bad, the guy even taking pictures as if its a comedy. The ending however was good, with all sides choosing for their lives.

Lender

This game also got me interested in WW1. We were neutral during it, and we were victims of WW2 so thats usually the topic. WW1 is hardly being discussed upon. I didn't know much more than the assassination, the trenches and how it ended up into the Treaty of Versailles which crippled Germany.

But since BF1 I've looked up a lot about it. Its intruiging and likely even more vicious and pointless than even WW2.

WWI has always been something I've been fascinated by, but I've never really got to know it as good as I wanted.

Coincidentally I started listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History 'A Blueprint for Armageddon' podcast a while ago. Very recommended if you want to get into the first WW. It spans 6 episodes and covers over 20 hours. I listen to it in my bed at night and when driving to work. An hour before leaving work I'm actually excited that I can continue listening to it. It's that captivating.

Alchemist

But yeah, I dropped Assault for now. All the time I chucked everything at the tank but I was the only one in doing so and I usually died before the Tank was down. Doesn't help that Assault primary weapons are pretty much shit until you're ranked up. I rather walk around with the Mondragon, 1907 or w/e.

I agree with this. Only the Hellriegel compares to the medic rifles.

Top Bottom