• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xater

Finished out the night with Zorbs and our squad completely dominating. That was fun. It's so good when you don't have to play with trash tier players.

Is anyone else having trouble controlling the plane in the second campaign story?

For some reason my mouse is controlling its yaw instead of its roll, and my A and D keys aren't doing anything at all (they're bound to yaw). What the hell is going on? Have I just not made it far enough in the mission for rolling to be "unlocked"? Is it just how this mission is designed? Or is it just bugged/broken (perhaps a PC-only issue)? Whatever it is, it's driving me nuts.
Seemed like that was how it was designed. Works the same on ps4, simplified flying controls in the campaign, proper yaw and roll in multiplayer.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can't beat the last mission, the
the airplanes keep killin' me while i attack the train
. :(

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Enjoying the game but disappointed with how few weapons there are, and what they've done to medals and ribbons.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man just played on a 60hz server, the difference is ridiculous. I could actually get kills alot easier and spot people before they spotted me.

It's not about being competitive or ranks or skill levels. Getting destroyed repeatedly by players isnt fun for anyone. But you also wont learn how to not get destroyed if your only playing with bots.

Doing it once in a while as break is a different story though.

I don't want to go through the days, weeks, or months of getting my ass handed to me to possibly get good enough to not get destroyed.

SkylineRKR

Enjoying the game but disappointed with how few weapons there are, and what they've done to medals and ribbons.

Yeah there aren't many viable weapons. But on the flipside I do love their design. The fucking sound of the mondragon, or the reload which is simply thrilling.

The medal system is fucked up. Its cockblocking you essentially. You can make 20 kills with the nade attachment but if you didn't do the 20 regular kills and 100 heals first they don't count.

SDCowboy

Yeah I feel like the game could have benefited from more weapons. Even if some had to be made up for the sake of gameplay.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I noticed I'm getting an icon alot in the top left corner and its severe packet loss. Anyone to fix this?

syvzV.png

Im fine with weapons. I dont want an overkill, especially ones that break the role (such as long range for assault or shotguns for scouts)

Ribbons and medals are incredibly disappointing though

I really like how BF1 delves deep into the weirdness of the WW1 era. At a time when the Western powers started to turn their maxim guns on each other instead of occupied peoples over the world, the killing power from the Napoleonic era suddenly multiplied by tens.

So you just end up with a lot of weird shit. Half the time when I pick up a gun I go "Man what the fuck" and go to look up what it was.

SDCowboy

Im fine with weapons. I dont want an overkill, especially ones that break the role (such as long range for assault or shotguns for scouts)

Ribbons and medals are incredibly disappointing though

Then there should be some kind of real weapons customization or something. Not everything has to be historically accurate. Maybe some different sights, or added foregrips or something also. But all kept within the realm of the period.

Xyber

I get that sniping is pretty good in this game, but come the fuck on now people. I play rush with my friend, we go medic and support. Notice no one is pushing up and capturing the objectives, check the scoreboard and see that the entire team is fucking snipers and are camping in spawn.

Then one of them even had the nerve to complain and call it a noob team, but refused to do anything about himself.

Still won because we managed to somehow get the first point and their team didn't on attack.

The cliffhanger at the end of chapter 2 was brilliant! I'm really liking the campaign so far, although chapter 1's gameplay was much better IMO.

I get that sniping is pretty good in this game, but come the fuck on now people. I play rush with my friend, we go medic and support. Notice no one is pushing up and capturing the objectives, check the scoreboard and see that the entire team is fucking snipers and are camping in spawn.

Then one of them even had the nerve to complain and call it a noob team, but refused to do anything about himself.

Still won because we managed to somehow get the first point and their team didn't on attack.

Stick with it. It's noob city right now. Titanfall/COD releases will help, and so will experience.

tesqui

I think I enjoy 40 slot games a lot more. I can actually kill things and help my teammates. I felt helpless in 64. Also my computer appreciates the decrease in players.

andee-

Neo Member
Anyone else have an issue where the Operations cutscene freezes buy the audio still plays, then the video speeds up to catch the audio? Happens to me every time

jacobs34

Got the game last night. I've played about six hours so far, and wow, the atmosphere is so incredible.Playing on a big TV with nice headphones is an experience unlike I've ever had in gaming. I'm enjoying the different kinds of weapons from that era. The operations gametype is a nice addition.

A couple of questions: For those playing on PS4, what FOV is best to play at? I notice the slider, which is really cool, but I haven't found a sweet spot yet.

Also, have we heard anything about how the game is going to run on the PS4 Pro? The only thing that is bothering me about the game so far are the times when the FPS drops below 40.

Dice really hit it out of the park with this game. I'm absolutely floored by it.

Redders

Is there only one entrance to the basement in Monte Grappa in the fort when playing rush? Defenders had a flame trooper and it was impossible to get down there.

Dominated them the entire match then couldn't do anything at the end.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone else have an issue where the Operations cutscene freezes buy the audio still plays, then the video speeds up to catch the audio? Happens to me every time

Sometimes. Barely get them after I switched to SSD so might be some sync and HDD reading doing it for a few sec. every now and then.

Top Bottom