• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Man the first campaign mission was deep. Really love the idea of them adding the history behind the war. Those little touches make you feel for the characters.

The horses are janky as fuck. I didn't have trouble with them in the beta, but I seem to be getting stuck on everything, having to press R3 multiple times for it to register me wanting to sprint, and getting wildly inconsistent sword swings.

So you pin them down with gas so what now? You don't have direct line of fire most likely and they don't risk peeking if they know you are far out. So... heh? You come looking and they just rip your limbs off by firing from hip.
Gives you time to move around without getting shot, wait for more teammates, get a couple nades in there, set up quick mortar or rocket launcher. Surprisingly there's a few options available when you can stop people from aiming at you.

Yeah, so the game often feels like 30-40 FPS on PS4. I'll live, but it's disappointing and hopefully getting a patch to make it smoother.

Can everyone share their settings please?

I feel like I need to do some tweaking, especially to get ADS to lower my turning as I seem to twitch all over the place when Aiming down sights.

Would love to know what everyone is using.

Only thing I did was change my FOV to 90

FOV is 85. I upped the sensitivity to 35 or 40 (can't remember off the top of my head where I settled). And right now I have 1-2.5x magnification at 85% and the higher magnifications at 80%.

Random people in Rush are terrible. They never attempt to attack or defend. Squad Leaders refuse to give orders and nobody joins yours if you go ahead and start one so you can get the free points. I can't tell you how many people stand inside a bunker with the doors locked while a point is being armed and they do NOTHING. It's like they think the objective is purely to not die.

Operations mode is intense. Only played the first one over the weekend, but I'm happy with discovering the others further down the line.

Its so important to try and prejudge the behaviour of the other team.

I think the most annoying thing about Operations is that getting into a game takes forever, then when you get in you have less than a 50% chance of getting into a squad. There are always 3-4 squads just locked at two members, then no squads available otherwise. Creating your own squad and basically playing solo is only so much fun.

Maximus P

Urgh, the last half a dozen games I've tried to join in operations has put me in minutes before the game ends.

It would be OK in a re occurring map, but it's putting me off the game mode. Playing Conquest for a bit now.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
i'm at a loss with this game.

Feels like call of duty map design. Die from every angle. No strategy. No nothing.

This is not battlefield, feels arcade. This is something else. They won't steal BF4 players with this emo battlefront style arcade shooter.

You guys may like it, but this is not battlefield.

Ozorov

Feels like call of duty map design. Die from every angle. No strategy. No nothing.

This is not battlefield, feels arcade. This is something else.

image.php

Mahonay

Banned
I knew that would be your reply, Carey.

Yes, every BF game gets the free map in December. I don't even consider them free, just late to the party because they ran out of time.
I'm just happy I don't have to buy Premium until March with the first DLC pack. I do really wish they didn't stick with the same pricing structure, which is steep for modern multiplayer DLC standards.

I'm just happy I don't have to buy Premium until March with the first DLC pack. I do really wish they didn't stick with the same pricing structure for modern multiplayer DLC standards.

I agree.

Especially now that prices have gone up in Canada.

I think Premium is $70 CAD. That's just too much.

Tovarisc

Also, most people don't seem to realize both AA and AT placements are a thing. Kinda suck they can be destroyed so easily but :3

Now only if AT placements were useful. They deal extremely pathetic damage, reload cycle is way too long in comparison to tanks and most of them is placed by apes with zero understanding of tactics and smart placement of stationary gun platforms. They are next to zero damage dealing death traps, from which you get OHK'd by AT shell that lands 4-5m in front of cannon.

Flak at least deals good damage to planes assuming bombers don't destroy placements with bombs and/or front gunners automatic nuke cannon.

Mahonay

Banned

This is not battlefield, feels arcade. This is something else. They won't steal BF4 players with this emo battlefront style arcade shooter.

giphy.gif

SDCowboy

I am so fucking over medics not reviving. Goddamnit, I'm right next to you and behind cover! As a fellow medic, this especially pisses me off.

Lakitu

st5fu

I feel like I have to be way more strategic in this than BF4.

Feels like about the same as any other Battlefield game from the last eight or so years.

Although I do miss the very complex and realistic strategy of launching ATVs covered in land mine into tanks.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

1. bf maps have always been open they require extreme strategy to stay alive always moving cover to cover

2.bf has always been a arcade shooter

I am so fucking over medics not reviving. Goddamnit, I'm right next to you and behind cover! As a fellow medic, this especially pisses me off.

This. Sometimes wonder why people even choose medic.
I play medic since yesterday and i try to revive everyone as fast as possible. Do not care if i die in a storm of bullets after.

I can't settle on a gun I really enjoy using. I was always a huge assault rifle guy in BF4, anything close to that here? LMGs and SMGs just don't have the feel I'm looking for.

What's your experience with the battlepack drop rate? I've played for 13h still no drop...

played 12 hours and had more than 10.

I am in the top 5/10 of all 64 players most of the time. Maybe that helps.

about medics

Players on Ps4 revive me all the time but sometimes there is somebody like 2 feet away and doesnt care to help me...

aravuus

Am I missing something or is there really no way to hide the actual messages in chat on PC but leave the requests etc visible? The medic requests are useful, but I'm getting tired of the """trash talk"""" i.e. folks calling everyone faggots and so on.

What's your experience with the battlepack drop rate? I've played for 13h still no drop...

2 drops after 5 hours, and I'm usually around the middle of the leaderboard so definitely no top scoring happening here. Guess I've gotten "lucky".

What's the general census so far compared to other Battlefield games, especially 4 and Bad Company 2? I'm liking this game so far.

I still prefer BF4 at the current moment, but BF4 went through years of balancing to reach it's current level. BF1 just came out. We'll see where it's at in a couple of years.

Bad Company 2 is bad compared to the mainline Battlefields, outside of 3.
For the greater good, I'd say no. New game, new maps. If they are going to make re-releases, make them free and/or not part of the planned DLC.

Nah, it's not a Battlefield until Gulf of Oman is here. And Marshall Islands would make sense, since there has to be a Japan DLC.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
defend your purchase. I call bulshit when i see it even when i paid for it.

it will have to be tweaked to hell and back in order to feel good. Just like bf4 did.

Top Bottom