• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

For most of the weapons in the game it doesn't really matter. SMG's are better off fired from hip, sidearms are better off fired from hip, at close ranged DMR's can get away with hip fire spam. Only weapon class that is in clear disadvantage is LMG's, but only if you use anything else than BAR. With bolts you can try roll dice and pop a shot from hip, but most likely you just swap to sidearm and spam.
It's a pretty big deal if you've got a bunch of guys backed in a choke point or pinned in cover and no one can aim out out.

Tovarisc

It's a pretty big deal if you've got a bunch of guys backed in a choke point or pinned in cover and no one can aim out out.

So you pin them down with gas so what now? You don't have direct line of fire most likely and they don't risk peeking if they know you are far out. So... heh? You come looking and they just rip your limbs off by firing from hip.

This game is so much fun, I'm already at level 26. Really can't stop playing it.

If some of you are having troubles with getting the MP trophies/achievements to unlock, there is a workaround. If anyone is interested I'll post how, otherwise I won't be bothered typing it all out.

aravuus

I'm going to play medic forever. The only class that isn't worthless so far. Assault feels like torture...awful weapons.

Getting kills with the semi-auto rifles medic has is so goddamn satisfying

I might play Assault for a minute or two here and there if I have to take care of tanks, but otherwise I don't think I'll ever play anything else than medic

Animal

Banned
It seems every other game (PS4) I get stuck on a black loading screen post match or I get stuck on an empty menu screen after pushing options button.

Very frustrating.

4ei1bzB.gif

It's always this bad if something is coming from the side.
Lower your sensitivity

Tovarisc

There should be a way to ban players temporarily from the game that hold the button down and respawn ASAP.

Right after we perma ban every medic who has no clue what medical pouch, medical crate and syringe do and why they need to use them. That is roughly 99% of all medic players.

Right after we perma ban every medic who has no clue what medical pouch, medical crate and syringe do and why they need to use them. That is roughly 99% of all medic players.

Not in my experience. I'm usually fighting other medics to revive casualties and I just add my med box to the pile. When I die, if a medic is close I'm getting revived more often than not.

What are you playing on?

haveheart

Banned
Couple of things:

- Do you get a health boost when you're charging with your bayonet? Either it's that or the hitboxes go crazy. A shotgun blast from 2m away at an charging enemy, frontally, doesn't do it while it's enough to kill enemies that are 7 or 8m away. Weird.

- After quitting a game once it has ended, I get stuck at a black loading screen. Takes forever to get back into the main menu. Oftentimes the message pops up, lost connection to server or something. Forcing to close the app via the task manager and restarting the game is quicker.

- The tank hunter elite class. Holy shit, this is the most badass rifle ever, love this kit.

nOoblet16

4ei1bzB.gif

It's always this bad if something is coming from the side.
It's a sensitivity issue obviously.

BUT there is an odd thing about it in this game, in most games when you ADS your turn speed is slower than it is when you aren't...essentially allowing you to fine aim. In this game the sensitivity when in ADS is the same as it is outside of it...causing issues like that.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I am also having issues quitting between rounds in the smaller game modes. Option button won't take me to the start menu to quit.

Tovarisc

Not in my experience. I'm usually fighting other medics to revive casualties and I just add my med box to the pile. When I die, if a medic is close I'm getting revived more often than not.

What are you playing on?

I don't believe this math to be accurate.

When you have 4 medics within 10m and absolutely no one is getting revived you kinda lose any hope and respect for medic players. I guess they are too busy with stacking rifles grenades into every slot and pocket.

I play 64p CQ.

It's a sensitivity issue obviously.

BUT there is an odd thing about it in this game, in most games when you ADS your turn speed is slower than it is when you aren't...essentially allowing you to fine aim. In this game the sensitivity when in ADS is the same as it is outside of it...causing issues like that.

In the options they let you fine tune the sensitivity for every magnification level though, so you still have the option to tweak that to your preference.

Drewfonse

For me this game is: run 5 minutes and get sniped. I'm enjoying the game more now that I've unlocked the BAR, but I just always feel like I'm not playing it right. If there's 4 of us capturing a point, I'm always the one sniped or knifed or mortared, while my teammates manage to survive. It's infuriating. Wrong place wrong time, constantly.

For me this game is run 5 minutes and get sniped. I'm enjoying the game more now that I've unlocked the BAR, but I just always feel like I'm not playing it right. If there's 4 of us capturing a point, I'm always the one sniped or knifed or mortared, while my teammates manage to survive. It's infuriating. Wrong place wrong time, constantly.

Haha

That happens to my friend the most.

You just scout out the best area to capture from. For me that typically means the fringe of the capture zone, somewhere with some cover.

Yeah, so the game often feels like 30-40 FPS on PS4. I'll live, but it's disappointing and hopefully getting a patch to make it smoother.

Can everyone share their settings please?

I feel like I need to do some tweaking, especially to get ADS to lower my turning as I seem to twitch all over the place when Aiming down sights.

Would love to know what everyone is using.

Only thing I did was change my FOV to 90

There really needs to be a delay in skipping the spawning. You should only be able to immediately skip it if there is no medic nearby, or if you've waited for like X amount of seconds.

I find most medics do revive, so I dont have a problem with the few that fail to do so when they can.

I still think medic and supply drops should be automated when a player spams at a support/medic and they dont respond. There's just a neverending supply of people who dont play their role and nothing can fix it

Raide

I really wish this game had a snow map, and a night map. Night matches would be so intense in the dark.

Snow would be cool, as would any night map. Would love to see some older BF map remakes.

A classic D day style landing map would be awesome, even if the time period is wrong.

Mugenjin

I still think medic and supply drops should be automated when a player spams at a support/medic and they dont respond. There's just a neverending supply of people who dont play their role and nothing can fix it

That's like the one thing Hardline did right. You could pull med kits and ammo packs off of medics and supports. Atleast that's what I remember from the beta since I skipped Hardline.

Top Bottom