• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Man there are some really annoying bugs in this game (well, it's battlefield after all).

Sometimes while riding the horse I grab the sword and he just pulls out the gun, but holding it from the tip of the barrel (lol). Doing this, sometimes it still kills people, sometimes it doesn't.

A few times I also had my character aiming indefinetely until I died, switching weapons didn't work, etc.

Sometimes spotting DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. You can aim at someone for like 10s and press R1 100 times... nothing.

And lastly, dear medics of BF: PLEASE REVIVE YOUR ALLIES YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES

Bishop89

This game is garbage on PS4. I've only played like 3 hours, and twice it's locked up on me.

The menus are incredibly laggy and unresponsive.

Once I beat the single player, I'll be selling this game promptly.

game is great for me, no ingame lag, no crashes.

Only the menus are slow for me

I had this weird glitch yesterday. I was trying to join a friend who was playing Operations but got disconnected. Later in the server browser there was a custom filter for Operations already applied. I saved it as my own filter and can now join Operations through the server browser.

LSPLZMe.png

rA7qO5C.png

Not sure what this game has against me, win % on BF4 is 54% and in this is 39%. Seems like most games I'm in the team is incompetent

Should add I'm consistently in the top 3 to 5, just seems like less people are playing the objective.

It might be the matchmaking. In BF 3 and 4 I had around a 60% w/l. In this I'm in the low 50s. Most people just don't give a shit about winning. They just want a good k/d. Which is why you see so many scouts just hiding up in building not even trying to play the objectives. It's not just scouts either. I've seen tankers stay as far back as possible and not even try to play the objectives. They are too busy padding their k/d.

I had this weird glitch yesterday. I was trying to join a friend who was playing Operations but got disconnected. Later in the server browser there was a custom filter for Operations already applied. I saved it as my own filter and can now join Operations through the server browser.

That's a great glitch.

GravyButt

Still don't understand why in the server browser (east coast xb1) theres only 3 maybe 4 64/64 servers and the rest are 0/64 or 0/whatever.

I want that glitch.

Dont know if this is possible, but is there anyway to add battlefield through steam as a non-steam game, and use the steam overlay (to talk to friends and so on) ?

WillyFive

Dont know if this is possible, but is there anyway to add battlefield through steam as a non-steam game, and use the steam overlay (to talk to friends and so on) ?

I've tried doing it since two weeks ago so that I could use the Steam controller, but the game refuses to boot through Steam overlay.

It might be the matchmaking. In BF 3 and 4 I had around a 60% w/l. In this I'm in the low 50s. Most people just don't give a shit about winning. They just want a good k/d. Which is why you see so many scouts just hiding up in building not even trying to play the objectives. It's not just scouts either. I've seen tankers stay as far back as possible and not even try to play the objectives. They are too busy padding their k/d.

That's a side effect of the game become more popular, you get more people that used to play other shooters and will try to play it like the games they are used to, especially if the game they came from involved getting a good k/d ratio over having the team win (like CoD).

bosseye

Anyone had issues with medals tracking? I've got one active to get 5 headshots, with any weapon in a single round. I've done it twice now, but the medal is still showing as no progress.

Amazing game though, love it.

SDCowboy

Still don't understand why in the server browser (east coast xb1) theres only 3 maybe 4 64/64 servers and the rest are 0/64 or 0/whatever.

It's the same on PS4. I think it's because most people aren't using the browser to find games. Or are they the same at the quickmatch servers?

Xater

Anyone had issues with medals tracking? I've got one active to get 5 headshots, with any weapon in a single round. I've done it twice now, but the medal is still showing as no progress.

Amazing game though, love it.

Let's just say I had to do way more than 75 damage to vehicles to progress my medal.

Tovarisc

It's the same on PS4. I think it's because most people aren't using the browser to find games. Or are they the same at the quickmatch servers?

Filter by amount of free slots, don't let it be what ever. Server browser shows 50 first servers that fit filters set by user.

Theorry

These loadout resets. Totally fine the last days. Today twice already. Not even touching the app. That DICE doesnt notice this with so many people testing. Disgrace really.

OSHAN

Is it possible to unlock weapons/customize outside a MP match? Playing on PS4, and when I got to Soldier in the main menu, I can view weapons, but I can't seem to unlock them, even for ones I have the money/rank for.

void666

Banned
Shotguns are so inconsistent. Sometimes i one shot people from far away. Sometimes i shoot them multiple times at point blank and they don't die.

kitch9

Banned
I guess as someone who's mainly a COD player, I'm just used to tons of maps. I would have thought there'd be at least twice the amount of maps there currently are.

I think the biggest issue is there seems to be two or three maps that almost always pop, and the rest seem to rarely come up. At least for me. Like I played all day yesterday and the jungle only came up one time.

You can fit all of the CoD maps in one bf map tho.

legacyzero

Banned
Battlefield 1 is pretty durn good. More lag than I'm comfortable with. Even in 40 player matches. Warping, banding, and running in place :(

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I've tried doing it since two weeks ago so that I could use the Steam controller, but the game refuses to boot through Steam overlay.

What I've found to generally work is that if you add BF1.exe as a non-Steam game, then make sure that you quit Origin (i.e. it is not running), then run BF1 through Steam, it will open Origin itself and then the game and the overlay should work. Often times, if I try to boot the game while Origin is already running, Steam will show me "in-game" only for a few seconds and then go back to default status before the game has actually launched.

Surprised you guys have crappy teammates. Im seeing lots of people take out tanks. Its like a feeding frenzy to the point where Im desperately trying to reload and get that winning shot over my teammates

Im surprised at how few snipers Ive been running into too. Mind you, I haven't played suez yet. But maps like Amiens have tight teamwork

WillyFive

What I've found to generally work is that if you add BF1.exe as a non-Steam game, then make sure that you quit Origin (i.e. it is not running), then run BF1 through Steam, it will open Origin itself and then the game and the overlay should work. Often times, if I try to boot the game while Origin is already running, Steam will show me "in-game" only for a few seconds and then go back to default status before the game has actually launched.

I've tried it, Origin will open itself and count your playtime as if the game is running, but BF1 itself never boots up or show up.

Battlefield 1 is pretty durn good. More lag than I'm comfortable with. Even in 40 player matches. Warping, banding, and running in place :(

Yeah, it's a nightmare trying to dogfight against other non-bomber planes, they teleport all over the place.

Surprised you guys have crappy teammates. Im seeing lots of people take out tanks. Its like a feeding frenzy to the point where Im desperately trying to reload and get that winning shot over my teammates

Im surprised at how few snipers Ive been running into too. Mind you, I haven't played suez yet. But maps like Amiens have tight teamwork

It's been pretty good for me on PC. What platform are you on?

hydruxo

This game is garbage on PS4. I've only played like 3 hours, and twice it's locked up on me.

Laggy menus have been the only real problem I've had so far on PS4. No crashes or anything.

nOoblet16

I think one of the best things I like about this game is that I no longer feel worthless because I am low level and lack better equipments. The unlock system in place makes sure that you can get the necessary stuff quickly and the fact that the delta between what you have at start and what you have at high level isn't that big. Previous BF games took an awful lot of time to unlock stuff and the best things were locked behind tens of hours of gameplay. Infact didnt BF4 locked things like vehicle abilities behind levels ?....now that was a pile of shit.

It's ok to have a carrot to chase but it shouldn't be the main reason to play the game.

Assault is the only good way to take out tanks as infantry.
Yep but outside of that it feels pretty useless with its low range mid DPS primary, especially in that forest map assault and sniper are more or less unnecessary. It's a good thing to not have half of the team full of snipers though.

But yes Medic with its semi automatic high DPS rifle, revive and heal is the best class atm imo, you can also get tons of points.

jacobs34

The laggy menus need to be addressed. I haven't had any hard crashes yet though.

Redders

Just so frustrating, hopefully some will clear off once Cod comes out.

Just lost a rush game where I detonated 9 bombs, each sector it took until the final 15 or so tickets before the rest of the team would actually attempt it.

Laggy menus have been the only real problem I've had so far on PS4. No crashes or anything.

Yeah, me too.

I'm going to play medic forever. The only class that isn't worthless so far. Assault feels like torture...awful weapons.
Nope, MP18 Optical is pretty good.

Give it a month or two and people will eventually learn to press the button for the gas mask, I think.

Hahah, I'm baffled that people don't know there's a gas mask by default.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Not being able to buy weapons unless I'm in a server is some ass-backwards shit, unless I'm missing something.

Lost connection to three games now and rubberbanding fuckery is here as usual. I'm sure my connection isn't the best since its wireless, but its enraging to rubberband at all.

Oh and great to see the first week of "people lining a hill and just sniping away" in every mode.

Tovarisc

It still takes a second to put on where they can't attack, it also forces hip fire. That's what makes them good

For most of the weapons in the game it doesn't really matter. SMG's are better off fired from hip, sidearms are better off fired from hip, at close ranged DMR's can get away with hip fire spam. Only weapon class that is in clear disadvantage is LMG's, but only if you use anything else than BAR. With bolts you can try roll dice and pop a shot from hip, but most likely you just swap to sidearm and spam.

Support shouldn't be overlooked. I'm consistently getting top of the table with the m1909 telescopic. It has replaced mondragon storm as my favourite weapon.

daxy

The first time I booted up the game I turned on the setting that forced ADS to have the same FOV as your regular view and then promptly forgot about it. Today I remembered and turned that off. And holy shit what a difference that makes in the ease of shooting dudes from far away.

Top Bottom