• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

i'm at a loss with this game.

Feels like call of duty map design. Die from every angle. No strategy. No nothing.

This is not battlefield, feels arcade. This is something else. They won't steal BF4 players with this emo battlefront style arcade shooter.

You guys may like it, but this is not battlefield.

Lunacy.

It's battlefield for sure. If that shit played like COD, I'd be the first one to go apeshit. That simply isn't true though.

snack

ON PS4...

Is there any way to make crouch circle, and melee to right analog? I can't find that setting change for the life of me.

What's the general census so far compared to other Battlefield games, especially 4 and Bad Company 2? I'm liking this game so far.

I hated BF4, and I think it's awful. Lock on missiles, constant spotting spam, constant marking and reliance on radar, blurred class roles and weaponry, etc. sucked

This is as good as Bad Company 2. BC2 had a bad Conquest mode. This one has great Conquest maps. BC2 had great Rush modes, this one has pretty good Rush maps, more comparable to BF3's classics like Metro and Damavand Peak.

Operations is fantastic and there are already 3 different threads on GAF about it alone.

bounchfx

Feels far more like battlefield than 3 or 4 ever did. Could certainly use some tweaks but it's a great experience

4 in particular felt very much like cod to me, this on the other hand, thankfully not so much

Feels far more like battlefield than 3 or 4 ever did. Could certainly use some tweaks but it's a great experience

4 in particular felt very much like cod to me, this on the other hand, thankfully not so much

...What? If anything, the neutered Conquest makes this a worse BF than those games. If it wasn't for 3s shit balance, this would be the worst mainline game.

Not that's a bad thing. Outside of Hardline, there are no bad BF.

Yeah, so the game often feels like 30-40 FPS on PS4. I'll live, but it's disappointing and hopefully getting a patch to make it smoother.

Can everyone share their settings please?

I feel like I need to do some tweaking, especially to get ADS to lower my turning as I seem to twitch all over the place when Aiming down sights.

Would love to know what everyone is using.

Only thing I did was change my FOV to 90

Yes, the framerate is bad sometimes. Better than in BF4 but still bad. I swear I had an occasion where the framerate went below 30, it was laggy as hell. But that was in that occasion only.

About the aiming sensitivity: IIRC the default value is 100%, I remember lowering it to 80 or 85%.

Yeah, so the game often feels like 30-40 FPS on PS4. I'll live, but it's disappointing and hopefully getting a patch to make it smoother.

Can everyone share their settings please?

I feel like I need to do some tweaking, especially to get ADS to lower my turning as I seem to twitch all over the place when Aiming down sights.

Would love to know what everyone is using.

Only thing I did was change my FOV to 90

PS4 here, I think I'm at 40% sensitivity and 50% ads sensitivity. The default 100% ads felt wrong to me. Need to slow down when ads.

SCB3

Honestly, I skipped BF4(only one since 1942 I missed) and coming back to BF1 feels great, the Operations mode feels like an actual War (still not like WW1, but pretty close)

A special shout has got to go the sound team, in 7.1 Surround Sound headphones, its unbelievably good and feels very hectic, yet clear.

As for SP, honestly the 2nd War Story (in the Tank) was fantastic and rivals 'All Ghillied Up' as the best FPS SP mission I've ever played

Man loving this game.. Took my a little to get back in the Battlefield groove and adapt to the new game style.

Even the forest map with the Op Metro feel to it was great. Plenty of flanking routes, never felt funneled into one area.

Best moments for me so far were being held up in a little house on one of the side routes on the forest map and being surrounded. Having that "oh crap oh crap oh crap" feeling.. Seeing enemies walking past the windows. Playing cat and mouse with them.

Another was on Ballroom.. Hoping in a car, flying towards the center and three guys bunched up in the middle of the road for the easy road kills. Have to admit I was giggling.

All the kills just seem so much more satisfying. With only minor hiccups here and there with the menus and leaving matches.. I don't have any complaints. Seems like they got smoke cover down to a good point.

After BF4 and going all in before the game released I have been cautious with this.. But after playing last night, I think they got me for their Season Pass.

Tovarisc

DICE are the best in the industry when it comes to the audio of the games

Not really. Sure they can make good sounding game, but when it comes to audio helping the player they are among worst in the industry. I can hear friendly breathing from 100m away, but enemy jumping up and down while beating two sticks together 2m behind me is silent. Audio mix when it comes to what audio gets priority and how well you hear that audio is quite garbage in BF1.

cooldawn

Feels like call of duty map design. Die from every angle. No strategy. No nothing.

This is not battlefield, feels arcade. This is something else. They won't steal BF4 players with this emo battlefront style arcade shooter.

I'm with you. It doesn't feel anything like Battlefield 4. It has common mechanics but not the coherent flowing gameplay. It really is the most frustrating game to play right now.

I wish I was a recorder because I swear I could point out a litany of bad design choices, errors and gameplay issues in every single match. Sure, Battlefield 4 has issues but it feels way more progressive than this.

It's a good game but I am really disappointed in the final product overall...so far.

Xater

And I unlocked the Hellriegel. Clearly the best Assault weapon. I am surprised how quickly I got there, but I guess that's what happens when you play an underrepresented class.

The Flash

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted yet (went back 5 pages and didn't see it) but this is amazing.

9O8iuYV

It's like the pillar of fire from Prince of Egypt

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Now only if AT placements were useful. They deal extremely pathetic damage, reload cycle is way too long in comparison to tanks and most of them is placed by apes with zero understanding of tactics and smart placement of stationary gun platforms. They are next to zero damage dealing death traps, from which you get OHK'd by AT shell that lands 4-5m in front of cannon.

Yeah, the placement of the AT guns is awful. I was hoping that'd it be improved from the beta, but nope, seems even worse now that all of the maps are available. :(

What's the general census so far compared to other Battlefield games, especially 4 and Bad Company 2? I'm liking this game so far.

It's better than those. I'd say it's the best BF. Keep the setting in mind as there are no choppers, RPGs real tanks or modern equipment. But different is good. 4 is too close to 3. I miss my RPGs and Viper, but I'll jump between them every now and then. For my main time, It's BF1. It really is fun and the feeling of war if the best they've done.

Raiden

Banned

Sounfs like the complaints of someone sucking. And i know because i am sucking at this game at the moment. But as someone who played every Battlefield since 2 and every COD since warfare 1... well you're just plain wrong.

MANGOD

Banned
My only beef with this game is squads being locked which when playin online solo or with a mate is really disgusting at times!
Playing rush and have a squad of 2? Nay bother you'll have to respawn at your base pretty much all the fucking time which is infuriating to say the least when youre going for the win.
WHY IS THIS!?

cooldawn

So does it take a while to update or something? Because I've definitely had times where I've ranked up, went to see if I could afford something, and the amount was unchanged.

Also I thought dismantling skins gave you scrap for more battle packs, not bonds?
You should be notified during gameplay that you levelled-up and the currency is added to your total (you can also tab across at match end to 'Personal' and see it happen there.

Sorry, yeah, the Scraps are just for Battlepacks.

Top Bottom