• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

My only beef with this game is squads being locked which when playin online solo or with a mate is really disgusting at times!
Playing rush and have a squad of 2? Nay bother you'll have to respawn at your base pretty much all the fucking time which is infuriating to say the least when youre going for the win.
WHY IS THIS!?

The squads are auto lock when playing with a friend. I dont think most people know this, thus thats why there are alot of 2-3 people in a locked squad.

bounchfx

...What? If anything, the neutered Conquest makes this a worse BF than those games. If it wasn't for 3s shit balance, this would be the worst mainline game.

Not that's a bad thing. Outside of Hardline, there are no bad BF.

not familiar with what's neutered about it to be honest. All I know is I played both 3 and 4 for a while and neither felt good to me. They felt like cod. It was tag. I fucking loved 1942 and 2 and this reminds me of the feeling I got the most. I'm not someone who puts 1000 hours into these, so I don't know the nuances as well as the hardcore fans but I certainly know how they felt and both of those drove me from playing fairly fast, whereas with bf1 it's the first time I've felt immersed in a game in years, and I don't say that lightly. Maybe it's the setting?

Tovarisc

Yeah, the placement of the AT guns is awful. I was hoping that'd it be improved from the beta, but nope, seems even worse now that all of the maps are available. :(

They even removed some AT placements from Scar, making it even harder to hold certain positions against light tank swarms.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I'm with you. It doesn't feel anything like Battlefield 4. It has common mechanics but not the coherent flowing gameplay. It really is the most frustrating game to play right now.

I wish I was a recorder because I swear I could point out a litany of bad design choices, errors and gameplay issues in every single match. Sure, Battlefield 4 has issues but it feels way more progressive than this.

It's a good game but I am really disappointed in the final product overall...so far.

exactly. It does not feel right.

spyshagg

Sounfs like the complaints of someone sucking. And i know because i am sucking at this game at the moment. But as someone who played every Battlefield since 2 and every COD since warfare 1... well you're just plain wrong.

i am wrong in your opinion. In my opinion I am correct but thats how conversations work. Game as a long way to go.

in 6 months time the game will have received so many patches that the guys who praise the game as it is now as "perfect" will feel really sorry for throwing out 100% praise instead of helping critique whats wrong.

Raide

Too chaotic for me.

I grew up with Counter Strike and prefer set spawns. R6 Siege worked well also.

The spawn system is what made me trade-in BF4, but I thought maybe it would be better in BF1.

Either spawning on objectives only and not spawning on the squad etc lessons chance of instant death but outside of way lower player numbers, BF is always going to be hectic if you run around like crazy. Playing a little slower paced and thinking about actions does also slow your death rate haha.

RoKKeR

Man, had some great Conquest games just now. Really liking Argone Forrest in Conquest. It's tight enough that there is plenty of action, but there are a lot of flanking routes and paths that make it so you don't get totally bogged down at choke points.

Also, the Tank Hunter class is so good...

jond76

Banned
ON PS4...

Is there any way to make crouch circle, and melee to right analog? I can't find that setting change for the life of me.

On Xbox, under controls, there us a scheme that just switches those. Called Classic or something. I can't imagine PS4 doesn't have that option.

Vic_Viper

So theres alot of weapons hidden behind certain ranks with each class. Like with Medic theres guns you get by reaching rank 1. But how can you tell what rank you are at? Im level 7 overall, but cant tell how far into medic I am.

spyshagg

Either spawning on objectives only and not spawning on the squad etc lessons chance of instant death but outside of way lower player numbers, BF is always going to be hectic if you run around like crazy. Playing a little slower paced and thinking about actions does also slow your death rate haha.

I literally died every 10 seconds or so for almost an entire match a few hours ago. The only safe spot was home base until some sniper took me out a minute later.

These maps and flow feel created by some focus group. Trying to please every complaint and in turn every map is a chaotic mess.

See you guys in the next patch. Every BF is a work in progress pacing wise, dont pretend is perfect now, its not.

ValfarHL

So theres alot of weapons hidden behind certain ranks with each class. Like with Medic theres guns you get by reaching rank 1. But how can you tell what rank you are at? Im level 7 overall, but cant tell how far into medic I am.

Top left when you customise your soldier.

Tovarisc

Upper left corner is kit customization menu.

Little bar above your weapons/gadgets in the customization screen.

I literally died every 10 seconds or so for almost an entire match a few hours ago. The only safe spot was home base until some sniper took me out a minute later.

These maps and flow feel created by some focus group. Trying to please every complaint and in turn every map is a chaotic mess.

See you guys in the next patch. Every BF is a work in progress pacing wise, dont pretend is perfect now, its not.
Have fun waiting for an eternity for any game to be perfect.

When you're selecting your class, go to the gun selection screen for medic and it will show you a bar in the upper right along w/ your current medic level.

i am wrong in your opinion. In my opinion I am correct but thats how conversations work. Game as a long way to go.

in 6 months time the game will have received so many patches that the guys who praise the game as it is now as "perfect" will feel really sorry for throwing out 100% praise instead of helping critique whats wrong.

I enjoy how it plays. I don't see why I'd feel sorry for feeling that way. You called it COD. Your credibility kind of went out of the window with that. You're not convincing anyone.

Had you simply said it could use some work with the pacing or whatever, it would have been easier to take you serious

Trace

Banned
I would pay good money for a Battlefield without tanks and aircraft littering every god damn map.

Bad Company 2 had the best mix of vehicles without feeling like every map was ruled by vehicles.

Raide

The BF series is one that each game can vary massively in how well or badly you do. Some teams just work better than others, some defend way better than you attack but death is always going to happen. The key is learning from all those horrific deaths but sometimes, shit happens.

All of the maps stick to what makes BF fun. Unpredictability and chaos mixed with feelings of accomplishment when the match goes your way.

BF1 has issues but its been a few days. Lets see what Dice tweaks.

I have 50 hours in and can tell you that I may have experienced this once or twice and it was always on a bad team. I think making balancing/pacing decisions now, with the game overrun by new players, is a little premature. I'd love to get a 64 player NeoGAF BF game going so people can see how this game plays with good teams and experienced players.

This game is a damn blast. I've had three games with over 50 kills on foot. The battles get fucking intense. Last night I don't think I got less than 30 kills in a match. Also the Hellriegel is an amazing gun.

B00TE

Cavalry off the horse itself continues to be hilarious to me. Ran around chasing people trying to back-cap us on Suez and kept swording them. Bonus ammo and health for myself and others is a nice bonus.

not familiar with what's neutered about it to be honest. All I know is I played both 3 and 4 for a while and neither felt good to me. They felt like cod. It was tag. I fucking loved 1942 and 2 and this reminds me of the feeling I got the most. I'm not someone who puts 1000 hours into these, so I don't know the nuances as well as the hardcore fans but I certainly know how they felt and both of those drove me from playing fairly fast, whereas with bf1 it's the first time I've felt immersed in a game in years, and I don't say that lightly. Maybe it's the setting?

The neutering is the lack of ticket bleed. It feels casualised and boring, and it makes matches last forever. If I'm getting bodied, I want the match to be over so we start over, not have to play a losing effort.

Benemoths were a mistake. The game balance is still getting worked on. While the maps are far better than BF4's at launch, there are still some issues.

Saying that BF3 and 4 played like CoD, but this one doesn't is kinda weird, seeing that it plays just like 3 and 4. The lack of lock on and copters aside, the game doesn't change the formula too much.

Tovarisc

Cavalry off the horse itself continues to be hilarious to me. Ran around chasing people trying to back-cap us on Suez and kept swording them. Bonus ammo and health for myself and others is a nice bonus.

When off the horse he should lose OHK sword and extra armor. Kinda nuts he rivals hero kits in damage resistance.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
The neutering is the lack of ticket bleed. It feels casualised and boring, and it makes matches last forever. If I'm getting bodied, I want the match to be over so we start over, not have to play a losing effort.

It's funny, the other night the server I was in exploded when a match ended 999-1000. That close of a match is supposed to be a very rare occurrence, but counting the beta, this was the fourth time I had seen one end at that score. The majority of matches are finishing with a ticket differential of less than fifty, most certainly less than a hundred.

I still don't know what the heck DICE was thinking when they made these changes to Conquest. They added Operations to switch things up a bit, why fuck up Conquest?

Foxxsoxx

This game is a damn blast. I've had three games with over 50 kills on foot. The battles get fucking intense. Last night I don't think I got less than 30 kills in a match. Also the Hellriegel is an amazing gun.

Yeah that thing is OP as all hell. No way it won't get nerfed somehow. It's just so good <3

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played a Battlefield since BF3 and I don't really get the multiplier thing at the end of each round. Sometimes I get x1.25, then x1.5 or nothing at all. For example:
NbESSut.png

My team lost, I was the best player in the team (most points) and didn't get any multiplier. What has an effect on the multiplier?

Raide

These behemoths completely ruin Operations for me holy shit

I still don't know how I feel about them. Crazy overpowered in some matches, other matches they don't prevent a massive victory. Maybe smoke use is the best thing to do but sometimes you have no defence, you just die.

*Splinter

Haven't played a Battlefield since BF3 and I don't really get the multiplier thing at the end of each round. Sometimes I get x1.25, then x1.5 or nothing at all. For example:

My team lost, I was the best player in the team (most points) and didn't get any multiplier. What has an effect on the multiplier?
It depends slightly on game mode, but generally the winning team gets a multiplier and the losing team doesn't.

Unless it's operations, in which case all bets are off.

Mahonay

Banned

You only get the point multiplier if you win. It was like that in past Battlefield games as well.

Top Bottom