• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

v1lla21

Did they nerf the tanks? Super easy to take down. I never tried in the beta but if this is what some of us were complaining about... Lol.

Tovarisc

Did they nerf the tanks? Super easy to take down. I never tried in the beta but if this is what some of us were complaining about... Lol.

They nerfed light tanks at least, but I don't remember specifics right off the bat. Still well played light tank and landship can go to insane streaks.

Friends in high places is an amazing chapter. The graphics and music, and shockingly well written dialogue. Especially compared to the trash that BF4 tried to pass off as a story.

The Trench Fighter class for the Fighter Planes is really fun to use. Although I've been getting hate messages from butthurt players because I can actually kill them with a plane lol.

Really depends on the driver. Good tankers are a pain in the ass to kill and you’re not going to unless it’s a team effort. A light tank with the Flanker package is god and it only requires one person. I find the landship to be the easiest to deal with. Heavies are also a pain, but there are six people in those, so you shouldn’t be able to solo it anyways.

Kalentan

Anyone else feel like some maps for game modes like Rush are a bit too in favor of the defenders? Like on one of the grassy maps theres a bomb you need to plant in a windmill... But the defenders if they hold out in it get the flamethrower kit and tanks and you get nothing. Becomes like a fortress.

void666

Banned
We were winning on Suez conquest. But then dice gave the losing team the train. It's a small map. We were wrecked. Man, i'm salty as fuck. Most unfair defeat ever.

LightInfa

We were winning on Suez conquest. But then dice gave the losing team the train. It's a small map. We were wrecked. Man, i'm salty as fuck. Most unfair defeat ever.

This happened with me earlier today- our team was absolutely dreadful such that Ottomans captured all 3 points and we essentially go the train 5 minutes into the match - preceded to then turn the tables and capture all 3 points, maintaining most of that control until we won. Seems a little much (although the Ottomans didn't focus on taking down the train at all).

Ardenyal

The support guns are tremendously shit, you won't believe it. Sad.

I've tried the Lewis Gun and Benet-Mercie but both of them feel they are seriously lacking in damage output.

Any recommendations for a good support gun?

Just driving by to say this game is unbelievable. Probably the best time I've ever had with a Battlefield. Feels a lot like BC2 Vietnam in terms of dedication to the setting. This game continually impresses me.

What are you all thinking so far?
Liking it a lot so far. One of my favorites BF game.

killroy87

Man, this game is incredible. They did themselves such a disservice with that beta map. It's still the worst one I've played so far.

Been playing all weekend. Greatest game. Will be playing all next year as well.

I think I would like to see spotting tuned a little - not like BF4 spotting but there is no spotting going on at all in most matches and I hit Q on targets and nothing happens a lot of the time. It just needs a little bit of fixing.

Also mortars - just make them take a little bit longer to supply. When there are multiple people using them it's a bit much. The support in general needs a little help. You're so often fighting at long ranges and the bullet spread on support guns just isn't cutting it. Assault loses at long range too but the guns are more accurate.

Otherwise some weapons could use some tuning but otherwise no complaints. It feels great and plays great.

The support guns are tremendously shit, you won't believe it. Sad.

I've tried the Lewis Gun and Benet-Mercie but both of them feel they are seriously lacking in damage output.

Any recommendations for a good support gun?

BAR is the best support weapon atm. I like the Storm variant.

wouldn't be surprised if game gave more bonds than you need in order to unlock everything.

At rank 41 I have 4.6k bonds and nothing interesting to spend it on.
I do to. And I think if DLC will have new items for sale, they will add bonds to new level caps to cover for them. I just hope they don't lock it behind a gambling wall like in other games- not that I care for skins, but in the future this may cover actual weapons and items.

Seeing that items are 200, you think you can buy everything with the 4k you have (skins and items)? I'll buy different weapons and leave the slight variations of the same weapon till I have bonds to spare.

catspit

I think I would like to see spotting tuned a little - not like BF4 spotting but there is no spotting going on at all in most matches and I hit Q on targets and nothing happens a lot of the time. It just needs a little bit of fixing.

Also mortars - just make them take a little bit longer to supply. When there are multiple people using them it's a bit much. The support in general needs a little help. You're so often fighting at long ranges and the bullet spread on support guns just isn't cutting it. Assault loses at long range too but the guns are more accurate.

Otherwise some weapons could use some tuning but otherwise no complaints. It feels great and plays great.

I almost feel like there is a spotting delay or something. like 1 spot every 30sec. it works sometimes and other times it just does not

leng jai

I almost feel like there is a spotting delay or something. like 1 spot every 30sec. it works sometimes and other times it just does not

There's a cool down now which is an improvement. It was ridiculous in the old games where you can just spam the spot button and everyone would be highlighted on the map.

chiliboy

The spotting feels fine, finally it feels like spotting isnt such a big gamekiller like in BF4!

I actually think Sinai is ok. Suez is way, way worse.

Agreed, Suez is so terrible, It's the only map on conq / operations that I just do not want to play at all. mortars / snipers galore - flag placement is terrible, especially if you throw in a behemoth :)

It's not the games fault people arent spotting and spotting should be so easy that a few people can light up a lot of people often.

use the flare gun to 2d spot, it's already very popular. We dont need lots of 3d spotting on top of that. Im glad spotting is where it's at.

Generally, you should be spotting your targets, but that should only be 1 or 2 people at most. Im so happy to see spotting severely turned down

It's weird to me how much/all of the campaign is a snooze fest compared to the multiplayer. I don't need a 'Modern Warfare'-esque retwlling of WWI but actually approximating battles, which Operarions does, would have been nice.

The past games at least had you on battlefields with a bit of freedom. The most this campaign does is give you Far Cry style pseudo stealth sections that fill up huge parts of at least 3 of the stories. Really odd.

I guess it's a step up from the past two games which were super generic because the storytelling is respectful, reverent and a little interesting but not by much. It's so small that it very much feels tacked on because EA believes some people still won't buy a $60 multiplayer focused game unless it has a campaign tacked on, especially for a military shooter.

A big shrug from me.

TheFatMan

I finally got around to playing this with 2 of my friends tonight, instead of just by myself and oh my god this game is SO MUCH FUN.

We were laughing and yelling and having a blast for almost 4 hours because we lost track of time. One of the best times I've had in any multiplayer mode in years.

Yopis

Just driving by to say this game is unbelievable. Probably the best time I've ever had with a Battlefield. Feels a lot like BC2 Vietnam in terms of dedication to the setting. This game continually impresses me.

What are you all thinking so far?

My only gripes are no Hardcore and it's not Vietnam.

In addition to my last post: For those of you like to fly planes, but don't know about the Trench Fighter class for the Fighter Planes, here's an example from a clip I made on Xbox One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4KXwEoDv_g

It's kinda like a shotgun, but it appears to shoot things that look like darts. It's really effective against infantry, and it's a blast to use.

ThisOne

The medal system is borked. The weekly reset happened earlier today, right? I had a list of 5 new medals to start tracking, I pick one of them, make about 50% progress on it. Then the next game, the my list of medals able to be tracked had reverted back to the same options that I had last week.

Stupid, frustrating, pointless system. Really liking the game but medals are something that could definitely be improved.

The Beard

Just in a match, jumping from squad to squad spamming the request order command, not one squad "leader" marked an objective.

The game should automatically rotate players out of the squad leader position if they don't mark any objectives in 5 min. Seriously, wtf?

vixlar

Some people said that the repair tool for support was a waste, that nobody would use it.. well, guess what, it is amazing!! (but nobody uses it)

I was in a tank, and a random player was behind me repairing all time. We crushed the enemy team thanks to that, because I was receiving a rain of rockets left and right. For me, he was the MVP.

Xyber

Oh Martini-Henry, you are too good. I'm not much for sniping, but I grinded scout up to 10 to try out this rifle and it was so worth it. I would not be surprised if that "sweet spot" gets nerfed a bit on it.

https://my.mixtape.moe/zuyhmo.webm

Such a blast playing a really offensive scout with it. Martini, gas grenades, incendiary trip-wire and a flare gun is all you need to be a moster out on the field while also helping your entire team by constantly spotting!

XsEshdh.jpg

Guys, in the beta you could jump with ur horse, how come they took it out? He auto-jumps over stuff now without input and wont jump on command...

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone has tried this combo but support with an ammo crate and limpet mine is great for taking down tanks. The only one I have issue with is the big6 seater dude. The others I run up, stick a mine on, back of and boom. Hopefully a track is blown, most drivers will sit and repair or go prone next to the tank (or under if you have just made a crater), throw an ammon crate and in 10 seconds you ll have a new mine, stock that to the tank and its dead.

Also I'm in love with my warhorse BAR with AA sights, managed to take a plane out with it.

USF

Just in a match, jumping from squad to squad spamming the request order command, not one squad "leader" marked an objective.

The game should automatically rotate players out of the squad leader position if they don't mark any objectives in 5 min. Seriously, wtf?

CvemAAEWEAAYwS3.jpg:orig

Odrion

Banned
the minimap pinpointing your exact location when you fire (and how it tracks you a little bit afterwards) was probably a little too punishing, but straight up removing was probably not the best way of going around it.

game feels pretty frustrating sometimes as a result. a whooooooole lot more spawning and getting shot in the back than the previous battlefield game. the best way I can get around this is just going assault and becoming that asshole who shoots everybody in the back. I wish they put something in it's place, maybe change the way enemy gunfire sounds so you know if it's nearby, maybe copy black ops 3's "the gunfire is coming from this vague direction", at least something rather than nothing.

ThisOne

while the minimap pinpointing your exact location when you fire (and how it tracks you a little bit afterwards) was probably a little too punishing, but straight up removing was probably not the best way of going around it.

game feels pretty frustrating sometimes as a result. a whooooooole lot more spawning and getting shot in the back than the previous battlefield game. the best way I can get around this is just going assault and becoming that asshole who shoots everybody in the back. I wish they put something in it's place, maybe change the way enemy gunfire sounds so you know if it's nearby, maybe copy black ops 3's "the gunfire is coming from this vague direction", at least something rather than nothing.

Agreed. I guess since there are no silencers/suppressors, they figured that just making everyone invisible on the map when firing was the way to balance it. Makes it hard to get an idea as to where anyone is. Really highlights the importance of teams spotting, but spotting is even nerfed in this game compared to BF4 (lasts a shorter period of time, can't see the spot through walls, etc.).

anyone having lag issues? keep getting that clock symbol in the corner and rubber branding like crazy.
Had some weird lag earlier. But that could be do to playing on a European server, according to someone in the game chat. I do know the servers will be offline for an hour soon for a update.

Bishop89

Anyone else feel like some maps for game modes like Rush are a bit too in favor of the defenders? Like on one of the grassy maps theres a bomb you need to plant in a windmill... But the defenders if they hold out in it get the flamethrower kit and tanks and you get nothing. Becomes like a fortress.
I'd imagine that's part of the challenge

Daffy Duck

while the minimap pinpointing your exact location when you fire (and how it tracks you a little bit afterwards) was probably a little too punishing, but straight up removing was probably not the best way of going around it.

I play with a headset on PS4 (a40's) and I can hear gun fire direction very easily.

DeaDPo0L84

Had some weird lag earlier. But that could be do to playing on a European server, according to someone in the game chat. I do know the servers will be offline for an hour soon for a update.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it has something to do with my isp. Keep getting the client latency and packet loss symbols. Really sucks, I cant even play a round without skating around everywhere.

Top Bottom