• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

I'm only Level 3 Scout but so far every Sniper I used needed 2 shots or 1 headshot for a kill. So I'm not sure if that complaint is really accurate...but I don't know if you just get the equivalent to an AWP at level 10 :p

Every sniper rifle has sweetspot range, at which bullet kills the target no matter where it hits. For every rifle this range is different.

When do I get that? The ones I've unlocked have been ass, and something happens when I pull the trigger that has a delay in firing some of the LMGs, which really irks me.

If I remember right BAR Storm becomes available at rank 2. Two remaining variants at rank 3.

Finally get together with a buddy to jump in to some war and for life of us it won't let us start an operations match.

Server Disconnected every fucking time.

Is there some workaround for this?

RoKKeR

Interesting to see the shifts in player counts between PS4 and XB1 as the day moves on. PS4 has a higher peak of course, but XB1 has more population as Europe goes to sleep and the US gets some after-dinner gaming in.

Ryde3

My only beef with this game is squads being locked which when playin online solo or with a mate is really disgusting at times!
Playing rush and have a squad of 2? Nay bother you'll have to respawn at your base pretty much all the fucking time which is infuriating to say the least when youre going for the win.
WHY IS THIS!?

Ya it seems to be the default when you join the game with a party, super annoying.

Ya it seems to be the default when you join the game with a party, super annoying.
Having an impossible time even starting a match while in a party.

Should friends just join without a party? Is that what people are doing? Thats the only time I've even been able to play with a friend so far, and it sounds like the way to go if party squads are always locked.

Edit: Hell, I can't even connect when solo. Worked this morning. Guess the servers are getting hammered?

sTiTcH AU

Model 10 shotguns are easily my gun of choice in the game. Over 1/4 of my 1800 kills so far are with the Hunter version and I honestly feel almost invincible with it. I have no fear rushing into a room, taking out 2-3 enemies and If I get killed my mate will finish the last one and revive me.

I feel like they should be weakened a little but I really hope it doesn't happen. They are bloody amazing.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sTiTcH AU/video/22727789

I dunno if its just me seeing things but why does the game seem so much faster on PC than on Xbox?

I only have it on Xbox but when watching PC streams its like everyone is able to run around 50% faster than on Xbox. Able to evade death so much just by sprinting away.

Chumley

Banned
Mondragon Storm & Sniper, I swap between the two depending on the mood.

Checked my pool. Battlepack loot and medals didn't change for me either. Yet another online system that is bugged / slow in BF1?

I rarely switch from the Mondragon Storm, the range and accuracy is already really good and the slightly added range from the sniper isn't worth the tradeoff imo.

Model 10 shotguns are easily my gun of choice in the game. Over 1/4 of my 1800 kills so far are with the Hunter version and I honestly feel almost invincible with it. I have no fear rushing into a room, taking out 2-3 enemies and If I get killed my mate will finish the last one and revive me.

I feel like they should be weakened a little but I really hope it doesn't happen. They are bloody amazing.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sTiTcH AU/video/22727789

Model 10s are awesome, was raving about them a few pages back. DICE makes great shotguns in their BF games.

I dunno if its just me seeing things but why does the game seem so much faster on PC than on Xbox?

I only have it on Xbox but when watching PC streams its like everyone is able to run around 50% faster than on Xbox. Able to evade death so much just by sprinting away.

On PC, a higher FoV makes it seem like things are moving faster, plus faster movements with mouse aiming.

deoee

Brave to post wrong opinions just like that :b

BAR Telescopic kills faster than M1909 can thanks to higher RPM. 600RPM with 20 round mag is brutal.

http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?BAR_1918_Telescopic_vs_M1909_Benet-Mercie_Telescopic

Stats for weapons are no interesting, it's about the feel of the weapon :D

The bar recoil feels uncontrollabe (non telescopic) while I can handle the M1909 pretty well (non telescopic):

I have yet to try the other BAR versions, but after all the hype the weapon got I was really let down by how weird the shooting feels.

Also a 20 bullet mag isn't my idea of an LMG.

Tovarisc

Stats for weapons are no interesting, it's about the feel of the weapon :D

The bar recoil feels uncontrollabe (non telescopic) while I can handle the M1909 pretty well (non telescopic):

I have yet to try the other BAR versions, but after all the hype the weapon got I was really let down by how weird the shooting feels.

Also a 20 bullet mag isn't my idea of an LMG.

Same could be said about slow fired 30 round stick mag. BAR does kick quite a bit more for sure, to balance RPM. Lower recoil with that RPM would make it way OP for its role.

I guess you are using pad, or? Just guessing because with mouse there really isn't weapon in BF1 that has unmanageable recoil kick and/or climb.

40 player operation is good, but there's some areas that are clearly overly difficult because the mode is built for 64

One area in st quintin has 3 flags that are impossible to hold all at once

deoee

Same could be said about slow fired 30 round stick mag. BAR does kick quite a bit more for sure, to balance RPM. Lower recoil with that RPM would make it way OP for its role.

I guess you are using pad, or? Just guessing because with mouse there really isn't weapon in BF1 that has unmanageable recoil kick and/or climb.

No, I'm on PC.

Maybe recoil was the wrong term... I do not like the spread of the crosshair of the BAR.

Maybe I need to give it more time, but I did not fall in love or feel the gun was OP at all.

Flying bombers is very hard. To anyone who has flown with me before, sorry for that one time I crashed into a mountain because I couldn't turn fast enough.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
How do you adjust your hip sensitivity compared to ADS sensitivity.

I tried doing the regular options but when raise that I feel my ADS goes up as well, but when i go in advance options and adjust 1, 1.25, etc it still feels the same

Tovarisc

No, I'm on PC.

Maybe recoil was the wrong term... I do not like the spread of the crosshair of the BAR.

Maybe I need to give it more time, but I did not fall in love or feel the gun was OP at all.

With BAR Telescope you are more or less supposed to pick few targets, dump mag into them, take cover, reload, peak, dump mag.... Less about sustained suppression and more about cutting people down in quick bursts. Basically SMG of LMG's.

Unsupported BAR can be quite inaccurate I agree, but put that bipod against something and you have almost laser.

Edit:
Battlefield 5m ago
BF1 MP will be offline for 1hr per platform starting at 0700 UTC/12AM PT for maintenance and a game update. Details: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/43659/battlefield-1-maintenance-10242016

deoee

I feel like the mortar should be able to shoot gas grenades.

Also the tripmines are kinda bad, because once someone runs into them, if does not kill them.
You basically have to have an eye on your traps and finish the people off.

Tovarisc

Also the tripmines are kinda bad, because once someone runs into them, if does not kill them.

That is why you use incendiary trap. Kinda hard miss trap triggering when enemy is running around in flames and crying for his mommy.

Xyber

I think it's better that it's not a guaranteed kill, would just be annoying as hell. It's more of a gadget to cover your back and alert you if they are flanking.

Someone was saying that bayonet made you ADS slower after running, just tested it out and I don't see the slightest difference. Am I trippin?

Operations is so good. Im going very positive and staying alive. Learning to do that is key. Despite the chaos, it can be so exhilarating zipping through the map

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
ogS4Vt3.gif

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
This game is fucked up. I am all for realism but did they really need to have guys falling from the sky screaming bloody murder before smacking against the ground and going silent?

Like that shit just happened to me randomly and it was disturbing as fuck. You know, just running to B when out of nowhere, "Ahhhhh! *wet smack*". I just sat there looking at the corpse for a second before getting sniped by a lawrence.

Attackers on Ops should get an elite of some kind. Maybe a special one that can cap flags with the power of 2-3 soldiers.

Or just the MG Elite. On certain areas, especially 3 flag sectors, it's very difficult for attackers to win

TheStruggler

Attackers on Ops should get an elite of some kind. Maybe a special one that can cap flags with the power of 2-3 soldiers.

Or just the MG Elite. On certain areas, especially 3 flag sectors, it's very difficult for attackers to win

dont attackers get a freaking blimp??

I am really liking the dynamic weather. It isn't just one exact change that happens every time. Graphics are great and there are multiple weather conditions with different intensity and they are beautiful. Also, what a nice touch it is when the tanks and weapons get muddy or wet. The game is growing on me.

I am wondering about bonds: should I buy weapons freely, or should I save up? I ask because I automatically want to unlock everything, but I worry I'll get stuck later on when I can't unlock some stuff or when new stuff comes out that I don't have bonds for.
I am hoping bonds are a matter of priority and not limitation- i.e. when you reach level 100, you would have enough bonds to unlock everything.

TheStruggler

Haha. Yeah. I was playing on amiens and the train felt useless there. Didnt even bother taking it out because the 3 flags were all away from it

train doesnt bother me as much as the blimp esp when you have pilots not shooting it down and focusing on it, really turned the tide in one match we lost

Tovarisc

I am really liking the dynamic weather. It isn't just one exact change that happens every time. Graphics are great and there are multiple weather conditions with different intensity and they are beautiful. Also, what a nice touch it is when the tanks and weapons get muddy or wet. The game is growing on me.

I am wondering about bonds: should I buy weapons freely, or should I save up? I ask because I automatically want to unlock everything, but I worry I'll get stuck later on when I can't unlock some stuff or when new stuff comes out that I don't have bonds for.
I am hoping bonds are a matter of priority and not limitation- i.e. when you reach level 100, you would have enough bonds to unlock everything.

In BF4 they increased level cap with every DLC so expect that to happen here too. Amount of bonds / per level goes up higher you get in levels so I wouldn't be surprised if game gave more bonds than you need in order to unlock everything.

At rank 41 I have 4.6k bonds and nothing interesting to spend it on.

Ryde3

Having an impossible time even starting a match while in a party.

Should friends just join without a party? Is that what people are doing? Thats the only time I've even been able to play with a friend so far, and it sounds like the way to go if party squads are always locked.

Edit: Hell, I can't even connect when solo. Worked this morning. Guess the servers are getting hammered?

I've only played with 1 other friend and he always joins my party, I search for a game and he then gets a prompt to join the same game.

Few times I had trouble inviting him through BF's menu's I used shift+F1 and invited him through the Origin menu.

Play around with the Huot today. It's actually not as bad as I thought. I mean it's not the best gun, but it's very usable. I like it more than the BAR.

Some people say there is a glitch with gives you the trophy for finishing the game on hard, but you just can play on normal and start the first mission on hard after that. Does it always work? Because i just finished the game an normal, got the trophy (for normal), and now started the first campaign with the tank guy. But no trophy yet. Do i have to finish the tank campaign to get the glitched trophy?

Operations takes Rush and just enhanced all its stupid, anti-Battlefieldness tenfold

not to mention the shit last forever, if you ever get a damn game going

Operations is the Battlefield Meat Grinder™ at its apex, but I don't think that's a bad thing for this game. In fact, Operations is the most thematically resonant mode they've ever made. The visual of bodies upon bodies upon bodies being thrown at objectives, choke points, and trenches with all the crazy effects going off, all the smoke, all the dust, all the noise, all the screaming, etc. is incredible. It's the first time, as a medic and support class, that I've felt like I was actually running across stalemate front lines helping people in a war scene from a movie. I do think the praise for the concept is a little exaggerated- it's basically Rush (Remix) [feat. Conquest]- but the audiovisual experience of these chokepoints is one of the craziest things I've ever been a part of in an online shooter.

DICE gun sounds + fog/rain + war screams when you advance + bombardment + melee executions + ghetto WW1 grenade airstrikes = jesus christ

Chumley

Banned
Operations is the Battlefield Meat Grinder™ at its apex, but I don't think that's a bad thing for this game. In fact, Operations is the most thematically resonant mode they've ever made. The visual of bodies upon bodies upon bodies being thrown at objectives, choke points, and trenches with all the crazy effects going off, all the smoke, all the dust, all the noise, all the screaming, etc. is incredible. It's the first time, as a medic and support class, that I've felt like I was actually running across stalemate front lines helping people in a war scene from a movie. I do think the praise for the concept is a little exaggerated- it's basically Rush (Remix) [feat. Conquest]- but the audiovisual experience of these chokepoints is one of the craziest things I've ever been a part of in an online shooter.

Fog/rain + war screams when you advance + bombardment + melee executions + ghetto WW1 grenade airstrikes = jesus christ

It really is absolutely insane how many jaw dropping different visuals they've been able to pull off with this game. The destruction, effects, weather like fog and rain, details on the buildings. Frostbite is the GOAT engine right now, I can't even think of individual aspects to it where another game engine does a better job.

TheStruggler

How do you adjust your hip sensitivity compared to ADS sensitivity.

I tried doing the regular options but when raise that I feel my ADS goes up as well, but when i go in advance options and adjust 1, 1.25, etc it still feels the same

Big Brett

Just driving by to say this game is unbelievable. Probably the best time I've ever had with a Battlefield. Feels a lot like BC2 Vietnam in terms of dedication to the setting. This game continually impresses me.

What are you all thinking so far?

Top Bottom