• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

kriskrosbbk

I have equipped 100kills wtih Mondragon dogtag,but when I go under soldier the dogtag is empty.I thought I should see the exact number of kills made printed on it?

Trojan

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Conquest mode, but I am totally obsessed with Operations right now. The way it forces teamwork and the "3 out of 5" mechanic really makes it feel like a constant tug-of-war. I also like the 40 vs 64 options since 64 players can be a shitshow sometimes (in a good way most of the time).

It's one of the best examples of a dev mashing together the best of multiplayer (dynamic and intense competition) with single-player (moment-to-moment drama). My only complaint is they need more Operations maps. I'm also going to go against the grain and say I really like the Suez map.

Trojan

Do those "special skins" like the Lawrence of Arabia-gun do something to the gun's stats or is it all cosmetic?

Would a hot pink tiger-stripe skin for your Trench Gun change your mind? I think they're trying to keep the realism but I agree they could branch out a little more.

Bru

The support guns are tremendously shit, you won't believe it. Sad.

I've tried the Lewis Gun and Benet-Mercie but both of them feel they are seriously lacking in damage output.

Any recommendations for a good support gun?

I use the Benét–Mercié Telescopic set to 2.5 zoom and love it. Keep the LMG set to automatic, always aim down the sights but tap fire (pump the trigger like it's a semi auto) for medium and long range, for even greater accuracy go prone so the bipod deploys and the gun becomes a laser. I shoot in bursts close up and only spray like a hose when at point-blank range.

For everyone having problems unlocking the multiplayer rank trophies on PS4 i had the same problem but got all now.

You have to level twice a rank / all once in one go on one server so they get unlocked.

Trophies didnt pop for me too then i read about the server thing.

So be sure you rank twice on a server in some games without leaving it to get the trophy.

Same goes for ranking all to 1.

Will try this one for Assault and Support. defo had them on different servers. Not so sure 'bout Medic and Scout, but I think I leveled the Medic up on 2 different servers, while still getting the trophy

For everyone having problems unlocking the multiplayer rank trophies on PS4 i had the same problem but got all now.

You have to level twice a rank / all once in one go on one server so they get unlocked.

Trophies didnt pop for me too then i read about the server thing.

So be sure you rank twice on a server in some games without leaving it to get the trophy.

Same goes for ranking all to 1.
Thats annoying. I wonder if its a bug..

Anyways PC servers are down for an hour. Also there is a update I am currently downloading on PC.

Unrelated maybe, but I'm not receiving my security codes for my EA Account?

Connected to their server maintainance? Or am I fucked and need to call their crap support?

Floex

After the initial launch wobble and sorting out the stick sensitivity absolutely loving this now. Framerate seems a lot better for some reason, still not perfect but far more playable. Operations mode is a breath of fresh air to the franchise, fantastic addition. Maps for the most part are all great. Special mention for the forest level, wow, stunning piece of level making. The dynamic weather freshens the maps each time as you never quite know what type of experience you'll have on a map.

Overall, a must buy for BF fans.

Daigoro

can someone direct me towards equipping medals other than the weekly only ones?

im sure im overlooking something simple, but i can only remember ever seeing the weekly ones to equip in game to work on. im sure the class ones are right around there somewhere... (playing on xbone)

thanks

MrNelson

Banned
can someone direct me towards equipping medals other than the weekly only ones?

im sure im overlooking something simple, but i can only remember ever seeing the weekly ones to equip in game to work on. im sure the class ones are right around there somewhere... (playing on xbone)

thanks
You can't.

They changed it from the old games. You can only earn the ones that are active for the week.

shit. so you just have the option of choosing out of 4 for the whole week depending on what they feeling like doling out?

yuck

I think its different for each person. Still I hate the new medal system. I dont think I have seen any post saying they like the new medal system.

MrNelson

Banned
shit. so you just have the option of choosing out of 4 for the whole week depending on what they feeling like doling out?

yuck
5 medals.

And I don't mind it too much. I miss amassing a ton of ribbons every match like in 3 and 4, but the medals requirements aren't too difficult, and since you don't have to grind ribbons to get them, you can earn them much more quickly. Plus it's driven me to attempt playing different roles, whereas I would usually stick to a medic/engineer role.

Sky87

5 medals.

And I don't mind it too much. I miss amassing a ton of ribbons every match like in 3 and 4, but the medals requirements aren't too difficult, and since you don't have to grind ribbons to get them, you can earn them much more quickly. Plus it's driven me to attempt playing different roles, whereas I would usually stick to a medic/engineer role.

It forces you to play a certain way (like pistol kills only, disabling tracks on vehicles etc). On BF3/4 you were rewarded no matter how you played with huge XP gains every once in a while.

nelchaar

Medics should lose points for shit revives.

If you revive someone, and that person dies within 2-3 seconds, then your judgement is shit.

Top Bottom