• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

THEaaron

Why haven't they released the patch notes when the actual update is out? What logic is this?

Well I don't know their approach, but I would say that there is a man who is in charge for translating the comments from the developers into readable patchnotes. This can and mostly will happen when other processes are already ongoing.

Xater

Guess the PS4 update fixed something because I got the medic rank 2 trophy and play the objective trophy the moment I started a game.

Same here. It unlocked basically all the remaining multiplayer achievements for me on Xbone. Only have the SP ones left now.

Medics should lose points for shit revives.

If you revive someone, and that person dies within 2-3 seconds, then your judgement is shit.

How could it possibly matter if you get revived and then gunned down again quickly? I can't imagine but one or two rare scenarios where you wouldn't want a medic to revive anybody.

Got that pixelation bug quite a few times yesterday and a few times it was just a flash of massively reduced resolution but it hung there for 5-10 seconds. Hopefully this patch will eradicate it.

Also, I know they only contain cosmetic stuff but I've still not had a single battlepack been awarded to me despite being level 14 and having about 8 hours of MP on the clock. Some guy in the game last night got one every round for about 6 rounds straight - RNG seems...borked?

aravuus

Medics should lose points for shit revives.

If you revive someone, and that person dies within 2-3 seconds, then your judgement is shit.

Lol no. Absolutely terrible idea. I'd rather get insta-killed after getting revived once or twice a match and lose maybe 5 seconds before being able to spawn again than almost never get revived due to medics being scared of getting punished for doing their goddamn job.

You can get instantly killed after getting revived for tons of reasons the medic could never foresee. Folks sneaking behind their backs. Folks popping out windows or doors. Grenades landing next to you just as you revive.

Jb

Also, I know they only contain cosmetic stuff but I've still not had a single battlepack been awarded to me despite being level 14 and having about 8 hours of MP on the clock. Some guy in the game last night got one every round for about 6 rounds straight - RNG seems...borked?

The whole concept of skins for WWI-era guns is just baffling to me.

Yoday

Same here. It unlocked basically all the remaining multiplayer achievements for me on Xbone. Only have the SP ones left now.
I hope they can't take achievements away, and I doubt they can. I got some of the codex achievements in SP just for finishing a story, and I got the achievement for beating the game on hard after finishing one story on hard and the rest on normal.

The whole concept of skins for WWI-era guns is just baffling to me.

Aye but I guess its eventual monitisation of it will be something that will be too tempting for EA/DICE to ignore. I feel that right now they're reeling people in with the freebies.....

Actually players should loose points if they die in shit places, force a medic to run out and then respawn as the medic gets there.

This is infuriating. Like, I know you see the "Medic distance" thing in the corner decreasing as I get near, you gotdamn jerk. Give me 5 seconds to do my job and save you from a long run back, especially when we're making an objective push. fffffffffffffffffffff

The worst is dying with two medics from another squad just lying prone on your dead body, and then they never revive you.

I like that it already tells them that you *can* be revived, but there needs to be a quick and easy way to go REVIVE ME YOU KNOBS for the dumb ones. (or like don't let me press Q in their direction if they don't even have any kind of kit, actually)

Also bonus points to the medics that need to be spammed with NEED MEDIC and shot in the face to heal you when they're just staring at your character model while you're both in cover.

aravuus

Anyone know if the medic notification shows medics without the revive injection thing, btw? I've had generally good medics with me, but every now and then you just see that "medic 2m" text sit there for 5 seconds and you start thinking if it's even worth it to respawn at all anymore

Anyone know if the medic notification shows medics without the revive injection thing, btw? I've had generally good medics with me, but every now and then you just see that "medic 2m" text sit there for 5 seconds and you start thinking if it's even worth it to respawn at all anymore
I'm not sure, but I can test it out tomorrow. Not like that would account for all the medics that do nothing near your dead body and then run away though. Hell, I've seen medics try and throw medkits at downed teammates, so...

Raide

This is infuriating. Like, I know you see the "Medic distance" thing in the corner decreasing as I get near, you gotdamn jerk. Give me 5 seconds to do my job and save you from a long run back, especially when we're making an objective push. fffffffffffffffffffff

Part of me wants the press A to respawn to be dropped, just to give medics a bit more time to do their jobs.

I just want some kind of Signal that I can lets players know I am on the way and to hold on. People are so quick to respawn, it makes a medic actually doing his job, so much harder.

noomi

Not sure if this is something I should ask in the PC performance thread, but let's give it a go...

This is concerning the PC version.

There are specific mouse sensitivities you can set for plane, tank, turret...etc under advanced controls. These are all set to 100% by default, even if I ramp these up to 200% it seems to not make any sort of difference. There is however one general vehicle sensitivity that can be set, but increasing this affects everything vehicle... while I only want to change specific plane and turret sensitivity.

Could anyone elaborate on this? Also... not sure what relative aiming is or how it's set up.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
82CMlb1.gif

Adios.

Xater

I hope they can't take achievements away, and I doubt they can. I got some of the codex achievements in SP just for finishing a story, and I got the achievement for beating the game on hard after finishing one story on hard and the rest on normal.

I don't think that's possible. I also got some codex achievements I should not have gotten.

The support guns are tremendously shit, you won't believe it. Sad.

I've tried the Lewis Gun and Benet-Mercie but both of them feel they are seriously lacking in damage output.

Any recommendations for a good support gun?
It's personal preference obviously, and down to your playstyle, but I found the best initial LMG for me to be the Madsen. It has a small mag, but I found it did nice damage and worked well with a fairly aggressive playstyle. SMGs will still trump you at close range, but I found the Madsen worked well if I played smart.

Once you unlock the BAR, go BAR. The storm variant with AA sites and 2x zoom is what I'm using now and it's amazing.

Keasar

Soooo, they release a patch but no patch notes?

Anyone who does that should be publicly spanked trousers down on a city square.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Just once, once, I'd like an objective based game without a sniper class. It attracts the worst players, who inevitably think KDR is worth a single shit. Even though they get pitiful scores in this, since playing the objective is well rewarded, they'll never, ever stop trying to snipe.

I really, really miss being able to have a shotgun on the recon class, was so good at flushing out objectives in BF3/4

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I love playing medic, my squad of friends is usually half or more medics and when looking at the end scoreboard you can see how reviving helped us win the match.

What's a good weapon? I'm not really getting along with any of them for some reason, I find myself shooting at players a lot and completely missing or just never doing enough damage. Maybe I'm just a shit shot, but I wasn't having this issue during the beta.

I'm not sure, but I can test it out tomorrow. Not like that would account for all the medics that do nothing near your dead body and then run away though. Hell, I've seen medics try and throw medkits at downed teammates, so...

Man I accidentally do that all the time, someone is down and I always press the wrong button and end up throwing the medic box in their general direction. I've even changed the button but my mind still gets it wrong.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really getting stuck into assault. Gave the Automatico a whirl and good fucking god is it fun. Complete shit at range, but in close quarters it's a death ray. Just gotta watch that ammo count.

Saddling up with the Gasser M1870 as my secondary, which gives me a Western fix. Fucking dope pistol that's got great accuracy and damage offset by the crazy reload time. It's the perfect secondary for me, as if I spray a group with my Automatico and a few are still left breathing I can sling out my Gasser and finish them.

For tools I've got dynamite and anti-tank grenades. The grenades for obvious reasons. But I find dynamite to be extremely useful. It's basically the Battlefield 1 equivalent of C4. Just just good against vehicles, but incredibly potent against infantry. In particular I've found when we're bottlenecked behind a ridge, or the enemy is camping out in a building, a well thrown dynamite will clear crowds quickly. It's extremely useful against the special kits too, making short work of their health. Got a flamer or heavy guy in a building? Throw in a stick of dynamite and level the entire fucking thing.

And then there's the gas grenades that go hand-in-hand with assault. EXTREMELY useful. I feel this current build with assault is all about disorientating your enemy and keeping on the move. You basically want to scatter them, get in the thick of it and chew threw the crowd. Gas + dynamite is a deadly combo that has squads having a hard time adapting.

Xater

Really getting stuck into assault. Gave the Automatico a whirl and good fucking god is it fun. Complete shit at range, but in close quarters it's a death ray. Just gotta watch that ammo count.

Saddling up with the Gasser M1870 as my secondary, which gives me a Western fix. Fucking dope pistol that's got great accuracy and damage offset by the crazy reload time. It's the perfect secondary for me, as if I spray a group with my Automatico and a few are still left breathing I can sling out my Gasser and finish them.

For tools I've got dynamite and anti-tank grenades. The grenades for obvious reasons. But I find dynamite to be extremely useful. It's basically the Battlefield 1 equivalent of C4. Just just good against vehicles, but incredibly potent against infantry. In particular I've found when we're bottlenecked behind a ridge, or the enemy is camping out in a building, a well thrown dynamite will clear crowds quickly. It's extremely useful against the special kits too, making short work of their health. Got a flamer or heavy guy in a building? Throw in a stick of dynamite and level the entire fucking thing.

And then there's the gas grenades that go hand-in-hand with assault. EXTREMELY useful. I feel this current build with assault is all about disorientating your enemy and keeping on the move. You basically want to scatter them, get in the thick of it and chew threw the crowd. Gas + dynamite is a deadly combo that has squads having a hard time adapting.

Automatico is the best thing assault has going for it until you get to the Hellriegel. Depending on the mode I prefer using the mines to the dynamite though. In conquest mines are a great way to close down routes/points for tanks. Most of the time they will just roll up right next to the flag and that way you can blow them up immediately without even being there.

Tecnniqe

Banned
After going out of bounds for about 5-10 sec FF kick you from the server :3

The map tracking is on point for this statistic system.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Automatico is the best thing assault has going for it until you get to the Hellriegel. Depending on the mode I prefer using the mines to the dynamite though. In conquest mines are a great way to close down routes points for tanks. Most of the time they will just roll up right next to the flag and that way you can blow them up immediately without even being there.

Yeah agreed. Mines are very useful for those specific tank bottlenecks and capture points that players always roll in on. Dynamite lends itself well to anti-infantry, especially building campers.

Aye but I guess its eventual monitisation of it will be something that will be too tempting for EA/DICE to ignore. I feel that right now they're reeling people in with the freebies.....

What freebies? I'm rank 15 and haven't got a single battlepack drop yet. They've hardly got me on the hook. I know there's nothing great in them but I wouldn't mind the xp boosts.

Top Bottom