• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tecnniqe

Banned
Don't anybody have a problem with spotting in this game? I swear sometimes i could be a couple of feet from the enemy and the spot button wouldn't work
Seems to be a massive cooldown on it as a ability but it adds "area of effect" when you use it.

Not 100% sure but that's what it seems like.

Does anyone else have a problem with grenades and anti tank rocket? Yesterday I had at least 3 instances where the stick grenade exploded under someone's feet and they only suffered like -50 health. And another day I killed a few dudes with the anti tank rocket, so I decided to do it again yesterday and the same thing happened, even aiming at someone who's trapped in a corner, -70 health. wtf

Bought the game today, but I already regret it and think I am going for a refund of the game...

The only thing that I kind of like about the game is the graphics. But the rest? Meh.

Campaign:

Total crap. So I started the other missions which weren't included in the trial. But turns out, LevelCap and TotalBiscuit where absolutely right with their videos. Quality is much lower than the trial mission, and they are also much shorter. It's funny how the only worthwile Battlefield campaign wasn't made by DICE but by Visceral. But I kind of expected this already.

Multiplayer:

I played several rounds, but I am not feeling it. I think that's mainly because of two reasons:

1. The reward system. I don't find it motivating at all. It feels very slow, and most unlocks seem uninteresting to me. I look at the list, and there is nothing which makes me excited. The other problem is, there aren't really many unlocks. I know BF4 gets criticised for having so many unlocks. I myself haven't even gotten all of them, despite spending a lot of time on the game. But was that really such a bad thing? I think it was also a reason why BF4 was able to keep so many people interested over such a long time. Then, Battlepacks. I don't get the changes at all. I really liked how they were in BF4. It was fun getting so many of them, it was fun to open them. There was always a feeling of progressing, you would either get XP, Battlepacks, new weapon attachements, something.

2. The WWI setting. Yes, I was excited about this when they revealed the game. But after playing a while, I am not sure if this is interesting enough to keep me playing the game. The variety, when it comes to items for example, seems very limited. Which is probably also a reason why there aren't many unlocks.

With many things, I am not sure why the thought they needed to change them compared to BF4. Especially the reward system, but also things like the K/D display, or not having maps like Metro / Operation Locker or the changes to spotting. Yeah I get that it is popular to hate those things, but imo they helped making BF4 the game it was.

Overall I get huge Star Wars: Battlefront vibes from this game. I am not sure if this game will offer the same long-term motivation as BF4, when the honeymoon phase is over.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dropped a rank on Assault and Medic, others stayed the same.

Does anyone else have a problem with grenades and anti tank rocket? Yesterday I had at least 3 instances where the stick grenade exploded under someone's feet and they only suffered like -50 health. And another day I killed a few dudes with the anti tank rocket, so I decided to do it again yesterday and the same thing happened, even aiming at someone who's trapped in a corner, -70 health. wtf

Many times. I'm like mate that should've killed you outright not take down 50 health, even happend with tanks.

Fuck the support order of valor medal. Shit took me all night. The first two parts are easy, but that last one (five kill streak with a lmg) was a pain in the ass. I don’t think it would have been that bad if people actually revived, but they hardly do. So I went and played a game of Operations since people are rez happy there. I was on my fourth kill and I get killed by a fucking bitch ass scout ofc. However, a medic came right over and rezed me and I instantly turned on the fucking scout and killed him. It felt good getting it that way.

Theorry

Here are the details of the Battlefield 1 Update 10242016. Unless specifically noted, these updates apply to all platforms.

General

Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.

UI
Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.

Graphics

Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.

The Teams at EA/DICE

nOoblet16

The zajdi zadiji some in this game is in Bulgarian right? While the original is in Macedonian. Is there a Russian version too?

My GF is Russian and I want to send this song for her to hear but I'm not sure if she'd understand anything about the song. In the past she has told that while she can read Bulgarian she can't really understand it. I know it's not necessary to understand the lyrics to enjoy the song but I'd like it if she can understand it, so wanted to make sure.

Any Slavs here that could provide me some input?

JJShadow

Guys, I'm so bad at this, but I love it. Like, I don't think I've had a single positive K/D ratio. I think the closest I got was a 1:1 ratio in one game.

But I'm having so much fun.

We're on the same boat: this is my first Battlefield and so far my KDR really sucks, but I'm still loving it. I'm making some progress and I've managed to finish my last couple of games with a positive KDR, but my overall KDR is something like 0.5 haha

The good thing is that even with that crappy KDR, I have won 60% of my games and in most of them I always manage to achieve a really nice score, so to sum up, play the objective and you'll be good

Here are the details of the Battlefield 1 Update 10242016. Unless specifically noted, these updates apply to all platforms.

General

Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.

UI
Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.

Graphics

Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.

The Teams at EA/DICE
thanks for posting this. Atlast DICE are already updating the game. Wonder why they didn't mention anything regarding the change in class levels.

Tovarisc

General

UI

Graphics

The Teams at EA/DICE

So DICE has learned nothing from their past when it comes to patch notes. Making changes, not documenting them and hoping no one notices... still.

Xater

thanks for posting this. Atlast DICE are already updating the game. Wonder why they didn't mention anything regarding the change in class levels.

That might not be patch related, but maybe was a thing they changed on the backend during the maintenance.

Seems to be a very minot patch. Some obvious stuff is not in there. Hope the next patch will not take too long.

Oh, that's why all my ranks were like 6 again. I just thought it was a UI bug. Good thing I finished all of them except scout before this nerf.

Rocketz

My only real issue with the game and it's probably mostly to do with being on Xbox is it's sometimes hard for me to actually see people. They blend into the environment and I get killed out of no where.

My only real issue with the game and it's probably mostly to do with being on Xbox is it's sometimes hard for me to actually see people. They blend into the environment and I get killed out of no where.

Yep. Been kinda frustrating for me. But I guess it works both ways.

nOoblet16

Yeah, definitely hard to see people at times. Game's making me wish I had a higher res monitor, 1440p at the very least.
The issue Rocketz is having when he said it's hard for him to see players has less to do with missing pixel information and instead it's to do with the colour tone of the game and the new lighting which makes everyone just blend in with the environment, even when they are up close (where pixel information is plenty)...it's been an issue in BF games that has become worse in this game due to those changes.

I donno why they did it.

aravuus

The issue Rocketz is having when he said it's hard for him to see players has less to do with missing pixel information and instead it's to do with the colour tone of the game and the new lighting which makes everyone just blend in with the environment, even when they are up close (where pixel information is plenty)...it's been an issue in BF games that has become worse in this game due to those changes.

I donno why they did it.

Yah, I got that, I just personally feel like a bunch more pixels would make it easier for me to see the faraway enemies. That's all.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah, definitely hard to see people at times. Game's making me wish I had a higher res monitor, 1440p at the very least.

Yeah a nightmare at times, then you'll die and see the silhouette of the other player and its so obvious where they were and you think to yourself why couldn't I see him.

Just got this game last night. I'm a bit unfamiliar with BF multiplayer. How do I spot? How do I accurately measure how far a person is when I'm sniping?

I think the Germans have a pretty big advantage due to their dark grey uni's. They blend in almost everywhere except the desert maps and the lush parts of the italian/french maps.

They need to make enemies easier to see and more distinguishable from the environments. I have such a hard time seeing people on some maps, especially when the outfits are a similar colour to the terrain, and if a map is particularly busy visually. Never had this problem on any other BF.

zorbsie

If they increase XP requirement for class levels then e.g. 20k that gave you level 10 maybe gives you only level 3 now.

OK that's fine. I can grind out levels. When I first read your post I thought you meant if you don't play a class it will lower it's rank. My bad.

I think the Germans have a pretty big advantage due to their dark grey uni's. They blend in almost everywhere except the desert maps and the lush parts of the italian/french maps.

Yep.

The Germans are almost impossible to see from distance especially on some of the grayer maps like SQS or Amiens

Speaking of the Germans, has anyone ever seen the Americans win a round on the Conquer Hell operation? Seems like the attacks always die on the 2nd or 3rd sector on Argonne Forest.

Yep.

The Germans are almost impossible to see from distance especially on some of the grayer maps like SQS or Amiens

Speaking of the Germans, has anyone ever seen the Americans win a round on the Conquer Hell operation? Seems like the attacks always die on the 2nd or 3rd sector on Argonne Forest.

yes on 40 player servers. 64 player servers are different altogether..

Jake2by4

I don't know about you guys but i find Fao fortress awful for spotting people (ps4). Hell zooming in on anything in that map makes thing seem blurry, maybe its the dynamic resolution in play.

OmegaX0

Is there any downside to spamming easy objectives as a squad leader? Say, if an enemy point is too hard to take at the moment you set the objective on a safe allied point and you get free points even if you're not near it. In other BF games I remember you getting points for just killing enemies near the objective but I'm not sure if that's still in.

So points wise, is there any reason to keep the objective on an enemy point even if it's hopeless?

jacobeid

Banned
Should I even bother with the campaign or are the impressions pretty negative overall? Not seeing much positivity surrounding it.

Hobbes211

Yeah, when I was playing as the Germans we got crushed on defense once. My friend compares the game mode to Rush, just less one sided. I wasn't too happy to win and then have the round start at the last point with a zeppelin overhead afterwards though. That game mode could do without that feature.

Ohnonono

Is it just me or is this the most sensitive netcode on the planet? I am playing on PS4 and if anyone else is using my network the game is unplayable online. I can play Overwatch, SFV, and even Battlefront just fine (with normal Wi-Fi type issues, I don't expect perfect.)

This game goes absolutely bananas though. Seems to particularly hate a PS3 being used at the same time.

Tovarisc

Is there any downside to spamming easy objectives as a squad leader? Say, if an enemy point is too hard to take at the moment you set the objective on a safe allied point and you get free points even if you're not near it. In other BF games I remember you getting points for just killing enemies near the objective but I'm not sure if that's still in.

So points wise, is there any reason to keep the objective on an enemy point even if it's hopeless?

There is always cap that is vulnerable. If your squad is willing to follow your lead and push objectives you want to push then you always find cap to take. If e.g. C is unpushable then it usually means majority of enemy team is holding it so B and A can be pushed.

Dineren

Banned
I'm kind of shocked the score screen made it into the final game on PS4 in the state it's in. Incredibly slow when switching tabs and it only gives you 10 seconds to quit or you're stuck until the next match loads in. Is it like that on PC as well?

Hopefully they improve it quickly.

Top Bottom