• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Couple of things from Reddit about the patch:

- Battlepacks are now showing in the store, can be purchased with real money
- Squad slots added to menu (right-hand side)
- Some people stating leveling and XP has been changed, much slower to rank up

Xater

I saw that I am now level 5 Assault. Thankfully my Hellriegel stayed unlocked.

aravuus

My god, after spamming "request order" for ten times in so many minutes, our squad leader FINALLY gives us what ended up being the first - and the last - order of the match.

It's free points for crying out loud.

Only major balance change would make so far in my view would be to replace heavy with light tanks on amien conquest. Seen a few games where its bf3 style 70/3 tank abuse purely as is no air to take them down.

Tovarisc

Only major balance change would make so far in my view would be to replace heavy with light tanks on amien conquest. Seen a few games where its bf3 style 70/3 tank abuse purely as is no air to take them down.

Light tanks are a lot larger threat than heavy tanks ever can be...

moai

My god, after spamming "request order" for ten times in so many minutes, our squad leader FINALLY gives us what ended up being the first - and the last - order of the match.

this is insane. i have 21 hours clocked and maybe i have received 20 squad orders. i go through all squads looking for one that give orders but sometimes a whole match goes by and i recieve 0 orders.
i played many hours of bf3 and 4 and never saw something like this.

Xater

this is insane. i have 21 hours clocked and maybe i have received 20 squad orders. i go through all squads looking for one that give orders but sometimes a whole match goes by and i recieve 0 orders.

I hope the update to demote squad leaders that don't give orders will be released asap.

Guys, I'm so bad at this, but I love it. Like, I don't think I've had a single positive K/D ratio. I think the closest I got was a 1:1 ratio in one game.

But I'm having so much fun.

Xater

They confirmed they will do something like that ? It would be really necesarry, sometime i swap 2 or 3 time and no squad leader never give a order...

Yes, they posted on Reddit that it's coming. The question is just when.

I don't even get how you "forget" to put something like this in. Especially when your previous title had it.

Sanjuro

Guys, I'm so bad at this, but I love it. Like, I don't think I've had a single positive K/D ratio. I think the closest I got was a 1:1 ratio in one game.

K/D doesn't really mean much. It's basically the W/L statistic for baseball pitchers.

Raxious

Jup, all my classes have been reduced by 50%. Was Rank 11 with my scout, now I'm Rank 5. This sucks :(

enewtabie

Don't mess with a tanker. If you can keep the infantry from Flanking you and blowing you up, you can really put a hurting on a group of folks trying to capture an area.

Tovarisc

I don't even get how you "forget" to put something like this in. Especially when your previous title had it.

Well they also "forgot" to implement firing range into BF1 from BF4 that was embraced by BF4 community, many loved it.

K/D doesn't really mean much. It's basically the W/L statistic for baseball pitchers.

Now that kills and deaths matter in CQ it makes KDR mean too. Just last night saw huge burst of tickets because teams bomber was able to secure insane multi-kill.

Edit:
Jup, all my classes have been reduced by 50%. Was Rank 11 with my scout, now I'm Rank 5. This sucks :(

Makes no sense for them to do this. It benefits no one. People with a lot time to grind get back to 10 quickly and those with less time to play will grind a lots more now making them more likely to just quit, imo.

moai

the fact that i never noticed that squad leaders could be demoted shows that in previous games this issue was not that prevalent. i cant understand what is going on. influx of new players?

bosseye

;_; I'm afraid I'm guilty of this, I was squad leader but didn't even realise so it was halfway through the round before I started giving out orders. What a chump.

I'm pretty bad at this game, but its a lot of fun. Suez is the only map I'm not a huge fan of, its all a bit anonymous.

Snipers need to be toned down a bit - make it harder maybe, at the moment there seems to be barely any bullet drop.

Mugenjin

the fact that i never noticed that squad leaders could be demoted shows that in previous games this issue was not that prevalent. i cant understand what is going on. influx of new players?

Not really. In BF4 squad leader changed when someone requested an order and the squad leader didn't issue an order for 45(?) sec. Most people didn't know about it anyways and never requested an order.

Nyx

Why don't you just create your own squad and lead yourself then?
I know I do!

Xater

;_; I'm afraid I'm guilty of this, I was squad leader but didn't even realise so it was halfway through the round before I started giving out orders. What a chump.

I'm pretty bad at this game, but its a lot of fun. Suez is the only map I'm not a huge fan of, its all a bit anonymous.

Snipers need to be toned down a bit - make it harder maybe, at the moment there seems to be barely any bullet drop.

I would be shocked if Snipers are not the first class to see a nerf.

Why don't you just create your own squad and lead yourself then?
I know I do!

I currently do that. The only problem is when the people on your server are so dumb, that they don't even join squads. So you have 3 squads going, you are on your own in one and the rest is doing fuck all.

Marvel

could never

Then that's all that matters. A high KD is not needed, just play objectives to keep the preassure up and do whatever you need to do class wise to earn points. Heals, ammo etc etc.

I'm finally starting to get more and more into BF and loving the series. However, this series has one issue unfortunately that follows every game. It doesn't have a classic tactical 5v5. Counter Strike and COD 1/2 Search & Destroy is some of the best FPS competitive gaming I've ever played. Wish it had something like this and they put some effort in adding this kind of mode and make the maps smaller for it.

Operations is incredible though, but this thought lingers on my mind on what BF needs.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Soooo, they release a patch but no patch notes?

Anyone who does that should be publicly spanked trousers down on a city square.

But why? :(

Why hide what they did?

Devs that don't release detailed patch notes with their updates are the worst.

At least on consoles, devs dont control when exactly the updates are pushed to the platform services.

Im sure the patch notes will be up later today.
I hope they improve the matchmaking, game keeps matchin' me on empty Operations servers.

aravuus

Can't blame you, it's sometimes easy to miss you're the squad leader. Once I didn't notice I was the leader before I tried to request orders and was faced with the option to assign orders instead lmao.

Speaking of, it was probably the first time being a leader for the earlier guy, since in the next match he kept throwing orders constantly. As a result, our squad absolutely smashed shit.

da03216de3.jpg

... We still lost though. Lol.

Also, count me in with the folks who usually do terribly but are still having a ton of fun. It does get a bit frustrating when I've gotten literally zero kills and just keep dying all the time, but that's a rare occurrence. 0.25kdr, 0.5kdr, 2kdr, who cares, as long as I get to heal folks.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Can't blame you, it's sometimes easy to miss you're the squad leader. Once I didn't notice I was the leader before I tried to request orders and was faced with the option to assign orders instead lmao.

Speaking of, it was probably the first time being a leader for the earlier guy, since in the next match he kept throwing orders constantly. As a result, our squad absolutely smashed shit.

da03216de3.jpg

... We still lost though. Lol.

Also, count me in with the folks who usually do terribly but are still having a ton of fun. It does get a bit frustrating when I've gotten literally zero kills and just keep dying all the time, but that's a rare occurrence. 0.25kdr, 0.5kdr, 2kdr, who cares, as long as I get to heal folks.
A squad with a leader that throws orders and with people who synergise (medic, support etc..) as needed can turn the tide of a battle especially in 40 man. One of the reasons 40 is much better than 64 as each member actually matters in the outcome.

Agent

I do think there was an issue with class rank in-game vs. actual stat tracking. I noticed it on my quest to get Rank 10 Assault/Scout this weekend. My rank in-game was always double what it showed on the Soldier screen in the main menu. I thought at first that it may have been a lag to catch up on the Soldier screen, but I noticed all other stats were increasing as I played. I guess it all makes sense now. I was a bit surprised how quickly you could rank up classes.

bosseye

I'm slightly confused by the Battlepacks too. It wasn't terribly clear to me (probably being dumb) whether I got a weapon or a skin. I've had 3 packs so far (I'm level 9), one was a skin, the second one I assume was a skin but I can't find the weapon it applies to, and the third was some sort of BLING BLING gun covered in silver swirls and was distinguished level or something along those lines, but I can't find either the gun, or if it was a skin, the gun it would apply to.

I'm playing Assault - do more weapons unlock and add to the list? My list has maybe 6 SMGs and a huge amount of shotguns. I don't really like shotguns.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm slightly confused by the Battlepacks too. It wasn't terribly clear to me (probably being dumb) whether I got a weapon or a skin. I've had 3 packs so far (I'm level 9), one was a skin, the second one I assume was a skin but I can't find the weapon it applies to, and the third was some sort of BLING BLING gun covered in silver swirls and was distinguished level or something along those lines, but I can't find either the gun, or if it was a skin, the gun it would apply to.

I'm playing Assault - do more weapons unlock and add to the list? My list has maybe 6 SMGs and a huge amount of shotguns. I don't really like shotguns.
Battlepacks = skins

As for weapons what you see is what you get, for now.

I'm only Level 3 Scout but so far every Sniper I used needed 2 shots or 1 headshot for a kill. So I'm not sure if that complaint is really accurate...but I don't know if you just get the equivalent to an AWP at level 10 :p

Each sniper rifle has a range where even a body shot will do 100 damage. For the level 10 rifle, the range is 30 - 80 meters I think, which is the range I typically engage people at the most. So even if I'm shooting someone and about to kill them, all they need is a single hit on me anywhere to kill me. And it seems to happen a lot. I know they're not all headshots.

If you're playing scout and you need 2 shots to kill, it's possible you're not engaging targets in your rifle's 1HK range.

Raiden

Banned

Join my squad. I even take my controller with me when im on the toilet or having a midgame smoke outside.

Xater

They are all just skins or puzzle pieces for the special weapons.

No the list of weapons is what it is. There will be new weapons with BF Premium.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ah, ok, thanks. So the gun I can apply this trashy skin to is available somewhere. I'll have to look a bit harder then.
In the main menu you should be able to click "more" or something and find the skins and show what class they apply to, and see if you got dupes to destroy for credits.

Ninja edit; maybe it's a cog icon? I don't even remember. Menu sucks :3

Jake2by4

Don't anybody have a problem with spotting in this game? I swear sometimes i could be a couple of feet from the enemy and the spot button wouldn't work

Top Bottom