• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Mahonay

Banned
I'm kind of shocked the score screen made it into the final game on PS4 in the state it's in. Incredibly slow when switching tabs and it only gives you 10 seconds to quit or you're stuck until the next match loads in. Is it like that on PC as well?

Hopefully they get improve it quickly.
It's not great.

In the beta it was even worse. You'd often be stuck in the end game menu while your friends were already in game.

Bishop89

I hate how you can't quit the game / leave the server once the match has finished. You need to wait for the next match to start before you can quit.

Brohan

I'm kind of shocked the score screen made it into the final game on PS4 in the state it's in. Incredibly slow when switching tabs and it only gives you 10 seconds to quit or you're stuck until the next match loads in. Is it like that on PC as well?

Hopefully they improve it quickly.

Yeah this really sucks. Hate it when i missed the option to quit because the menu is being slow as hell.

Tovarisc

It's same on PC. Yesterday different tabs in post-game screen lagged less than usual and loaded faster. There should be option to Quit soon after loading into post-game menus, at some point during loading next map or after new map has loaded in. Disappointing how limited it's when you can leave the server between matches.

This is definitely the worst thing about this game. I wonder how they're so slow when the rest of the game manages to work just fine.

Daffy Duck

I registered as a Battlefield Insider for the beta, does that mean I should get the dog tag associated for this? Or is it only VIP's like LevelCap?

Toli08

Anyone else not able to play online since last night on ps4? Tried different games they all work. So it's only Battlefield.

I registered as a Battlefield Insider for the beta, does that mean I should get the dog tag associated for this? Or is it only VIP's like LevelCap?

Yes, I got mine today after the patch.

vrACK0C.png

Acinixys

So getting all the unlocks in the campaign gives you weapon skins and the Big Bess tank skin

Im glad its just cosmetics and not weapons like in 3/4

So in regards to the rank nerf, apparently they were bugged. Assault, support, and medic need 50k xp per level. So to get to rank 10, you need 500k. Scout is only 30k per rank. Some of the later levels were bugged and you needed less to rank up. So they simply just fixed it. So nothing really got nerfed. They just fixed a bug.

Nameless

I was just trying to take out the stairs so we could capture and defend the flag in relative peace. Took out the entire side of the house and half the second floor, my half. Limpet charges are fun.

Kalentan

You can already do that, you just have to be quick about it. The option disappears as soon as the load for the next map starts.

Hopefully they make it so you can quit whenever tho. Since the window to quite is super small and so if you want to take a look at stats and such it will be too late.

Brandwin

I agree about the option to quit. Its there for just a few seconds and then you have to wait, so stupid. Also it's dumb how you can not edit loadout outside the game. WTF?

Kalentan

I agree about the option to quit. Its there for just a few seconds and then you have to wait, so stupid. Also it's dumb how you can not edit loadout outside the game. WTF?

It wouldn't be that bad if the game loaded quicker but on PS4 the load times can be quite lengthy.

Do we know what's coming in terms of new guns and gameplay content?

I love the melee items and want more of those to chase in battlepacks and whatever else. Neat animations. Im collecting puzzle pieces for 2 of them and itll be totally RNG, but I dont actually mind it at all.

Im actually surprised they didnt just put everything but the knife behind battlepacks and grinds.

New melee weapons would be great

Id like to see new elites. They have a perfect blend currently not sure what they could add. Id even love an elite vehicle of some kind, not necessarily a tank but an awesome transport vehicle of some kind

Instead of new guns, I hope they can make each gun they currently have special in their own way.

Are any of the class guns inferior in their class? Everybody talks about the mondragon and BAR, but Im hoping every gun has its niche

To me, fewer guns but each distict will go a long way in enjoying the gunplay.

Any guns have silencer variations?

Sky87

The patch was supposed to fix the end-of-round scoreboard not loading, but it actually introduced it instead. Played 2 Operations where there were no scoreboard at the end.

Daffy Duck

I love the melee items and want more of those to chase in battlepacks and whatever else. Neat animations. Im collecting puzzle pieces for 2 of them and itll be totally RNG, but I dont actually mind it at all.

Im actually surprised they didnt just put everything but the knife behind battlepacks and grinds.

Id like to see new elites. They have a perfect blend currently not sure what they could add. Id even love an elite vehicle of some kind, not necessarily a tank but an awesome transport vehicle of some kind

Instead of new guns, I hope they can make each gun they currently have special in their own way.

Are any of the class guns inferior in their class? Everybody talks about the mondragon and BAR, but Im hoping every gun has its niche

You can collect puzzle pieces (from battlepacks) to get new melee weapons.

CaptNink

Are the campaign "war stories" worth the time? I feel like I wasted an hour trying to infiltrate those ruins in the Lawrence of Arabia campaign only to fuck up when I've penetrated deep into the enemy camp and respawning way back at the start.

Why are they so cheap with checkpoints?

SDCowboy

I gotta say, I really wish there were more unlockables in this game. Especially in the weapon skins department. Right now I've got tons of bonds and absolutely nothing left I care to spend them on. Weapon skins being purchasable would have been nice.

Right now, as fun as the game is, without that carrot dangling at the end of the stick, or that new piece of gear to strive for and to show off, I'm not sure there is enough here to keep me playing long term.

Alchemist

Update downloaded. Previous glitched trophies unlocked during the load screen and managed to keep everything I unlocked despite being ranked down :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How do you get the puzzle pieces btw?
Via Battlepacks?

And how do you get battlepacks? I got a couple when ranking up but not EVERY time i rank up.
Is it random?

They are randomly given out at the end of a match.
Oh! Oh ... =/

Also the medal requirements having to be done in order is kinda silly.
BF1 gameplay is top notch but the UI and non core systems are kinda whack.

premium is advertising 20 new vehicles, 16 new weapons and new elite classes

Mahonay

Banned
And how do you get battlepacks? I got a couple when ranking up but not EVERY time i rank up.
Is it random?
Random.

Although being at the very top of the leaderboard at the end of a game appears to significantly increase your chances of getting a Battlepack drop.

I gotta say, I really wish there were more unlockables in this game. Especially in the weapon skins department. Right now I've got tons of bonds and absolutely nothing left I care to spend them on. Weapon skins being purchasable would have been nice.

Right now, as fun as the game is, without that carrot dangling at the end of the stick, or that new piece of gear to strive for and to show off, I'm not sure there is enough here to keep me playing long term.

You really dig those carrots, huh? I mean - I kind of understand, but isn't the fun-factor and the gameplay enough to entertain long-term?

Daffy Duck

Is it random?

Oh! Oh ... =/

Also the medal requirements having to be done in order is kinda silly.
BF1 gameplay is top notch but the UI and non core systems are kinda whack.

The update also made them available to buy with real money.

the minimap pinpointing your exact location when you fire (and how it tracks you a little bit afterwards) was probably a little too punishing, but straight up removing was probably not the best way of going around it.

game feels pretty frustrating sometimes as a result. a whooooooole lot more spawning and getting shot in the back than the previous battlefield game. the best way I can get around this is just going assault and becoming that asshole who shoots everybody in the back. I wish they put something in it's place, maybe change the way enemy gunfire sounds so you know if it's nearby, maybe copy black ops 3's "the gunfire is coming from this vague direction", at least something rather than nothing.

I absolutely disagree and always fear DICE will cave to gamers who are so used to mechanics like this.

Why should you be able to spawn in and pinpoint the enemy at all? If someone is shooting at some people and you sudden spawn in the vicinity and just happen to know the location, that's terrible design

Dont spawn on teammates so eagerly. People do this to get into action faster but if teammates are being engaged, it shouldnt be a free spawn for you to turn the tide by knowing exactly where to shoot as you spawn

The total removal is fantastic. No more heavy reliance on minimap. When shots fire out, you have to duck or rely on teammates. You have to spot and you have to rely on flares. You have to use your ears and there is also a very obvious indicator with the skull icons littered around the minimap

There is just as much spawn deaths as previous BF games and the removal of spotting shooters helps immensely in making the overall pacing feel right.

DICE got so much right with this game despite so many gamers having to recondition their hardwired instinct to rely on terrible mechanics like looking at your minimap 90% of a game

It feels so good to play a game that doesnt do the overly played out "spotted for shooting" junk that completely kills so many games. Way too much kill traditing in BF4, and Im so relieved to play a game where Im not frantically darting from minimap to screen. It was so cheap to wait for enemies to fire on teammates and pop up to finish them, only to get gunned down by an enemy doing the same.

I actually think "vague direction" was in the beta. Maybe its still in? It is the equivalent of using headphones anyway

That's really as far as they should go.

Sky87

Are the campaign "war stories" worth the time? I feel like I wasted an hour trying to infiltrate those ruins in the Lawrence of Arabia campaign only to fuck up when I've penetrated deep into the enemy camp and respawning way back at the start.

Why are they so cheap with checkpoints?

Just for a quick playthrough to unlock the weapon (MP18 something i think).

SilentRob

Just make yourself realize that no one will ever see or notice the gear you have and that it is just there to fool you into thinking you actually progregressed :p I'm the same as you and I just try to remind me of the days when I played a lot of Counter-Strike: Source - just for the sake of the game since there was nothing to unlock. It can be a pretty great feeling to free yourself from the need of that carrot at the end of the stick and just enjoy a product for it's own worth.

Daffy Duck

I absolutely disagree and always fear DICE will cave to gamers who are so used to mechanics like this.

Why should you be able to spawn in and pinpoint the enemy at all? If someone is shooting at some people and you sudden spawn in the vicinity and just happen to know the location, that's terrible design

Dont spawn on teammates so eagerly. People do this to get into action faster but if teammates are being engaged, it shouldnt be a free spawn for you to turn the tide by knowing exactly where to shoot as you spawn

The total removal is fantastic. No more heavy reliance on minimap. When shots fire out, you have to duck or rely on teammates. You have to spot and you have to rely on flares. You have to use your ears and there is also a very obvious indicator with the skull icons littered around the minimap

There is just as much spawn deaths as previous BF games and the removal of spotting shooters helps immensely in making the overall pacing feel right.

DICE got so much right with this game despite so many gamers having to recondition their hardwired instinct to rely on terrible mechanics like looking at your minimap 90% of a game

It feels so good to play a game that doesnt do the overly played out "spotted for shooting" junk that completely kills so many games. Way too much kill traditing in BF4, and Im so relieved to play a game where Im not frantically darting from minimap to screen. It was so cheap to wait for enemies to fire on teammates and pop up to finish them, only to get gunned down by an enemy doing the same.

I actually think "vague direction" was in the beta. Maybe its still in? It is the equivalent of using headphones anyway

That's really as far as they should go.

I agree wholeheartedly with this!

Top Bottom