• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Lender

I had a medic SITTING ON MY HEAD, SNIPING. Dude refused to revive me. I just laughed. What can you do.

Perhaps part of the problem is that they gave the medic class really good weapons. I feel like people are picking the class with no intention to heal anyone.
That's the whole fun thing about being a medic. Running across the battlefield looking for wounded men while all hell is breaking loose.

void666

Banned
You can insta kill him if you stab him btw. He also takes damage if he gets hurt by his own flame. If a medic is supporting his ass, he could be damn near invincible.

He was playing it safe. That's ok. I'm salty because of the dynamite. It was a gotcha moment and then he killed me.

image.php

Is this the most quotable avatar ever?

I had a medic SITTING ON MY HEAD, SNIPING. Dude refused to revive me. I just laughed. What can you do.

Perhaps part of the problem is that they gave the medic class really good weapons. I feel like people are picking the class with no intention to heal anyone.

I'll take more medics who have the potential to revive over dedicated medics who sacrifice their lethality to revive everyone

Im getting revived a lot. I also understand that sometimes medics dont want to risk reviving me as Im too far in the open

Im really happy with how often I get revived in this game

What I hate is that support is rare and dropping ammo is even rarer

Empire's Edge has these huge cliffside cannons that often have players inside them. Is there an operating station where I can kill the players or do I have to blow up the entire gun?

coolbrys

The only people Ive seen complain about this are people who are bad at the game. So they need to try and find away to level themselves out against people who are actually good at it. DICE already pandered to this very crowd thats what you get 10x more score for everything besides killing someone. Thats why you usually see completely average players up the top because DICE decided to make this game about flag running rather than an actual battlefield game.

And one of the worst things about OW is the lack of score or match stats in general because you cant find the problem within the team.

Hasn't Battlefield as a series always been about "flag running" (objectives)? I've been playing since BF1942, and Conquest has always been mainly about keeping the majority of the flags up first, then the kills. So BF1 is exactly like an actual Battlefield game - and to me, it feels more "Battlefield" like than any game in the series I've played since Battlefield Vietnam back in 2004.

j-wood

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there no way to customize your class loadouts before you get into a game?

I feel like i've clicked all over the solider tab and can't seem to find that anywhere

Mahonay

Banned
Why are battle pack given out like a lottery, that's fuckin stupid.
Eh, at least it's only cosmetics, aside for the special melee weapon puzzle pieces.

I feel really bad for people who barely ever have Battlepacks drop for them. I've gotten pretty lucky with a somewhat steady stream of drops. Also being a Battlefield nut I do top score a good bit, which I have found very greatly increases your chance of getting a Battlepack.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there no way to customize your class loadouts before you get into a game?

I feel like i've clicked all over the solider tab and can't seem to find that anywhere

currently there is no way to customize your class loadouts without being in-game.

DICE claims they will be enabling that feature at some point in the future when the servers aren't being slammed as hard.

I don't understand why they allow players to cancel any chance of revival. It makes me want to quit playing medic when everyone just holds x the instant they die.

I'm also getting some server disconnects. Is that a common thing or am I just getting unlucky?

SDCowboy

I don't understand why they allow players to cancel any chance of revival. It makes me want to quit playing medic when everyone just holds x the instant they die.

I'm also getting some server disconnects. Is that a common thing or am I just getting unlucky?

Agreed. If you can't respawn yet, you should be forced to lay there. I'm so fucking tired of people releasing when I'm right there to get them and they were just downed. It pisses me off almost as much as medics that won't revive when they're right next to me. lol

Heroman

Banned

Because people revive people when they shouldn't

SDCowboy

Not sure I like the game. I want to but it's far too frustrating. Just constant insta deaths and I don't know how to improve.

For me, as a COD player, I had to completely change the way I played. I slowed down and stay covered when possible. Also, when in doubt, I'll often just lay low and stop moving for a few seconds and wait and see if someone goes running by me.

Tovarisc

They should throw marksman variants of all bolt action rifles into the ditch. Benefits of sniper scope without penalties [read: glint], which surely plays huge part in why people are going apeshit over scouts. Either have ironsights so you don't get glint, but you don't get zoom either OR get zoom and penalties that come with it.

The Beard

Agreed. If you can't respawn yet, you should be forced to lay there. I'm so fucking tired of people releasing when I'm right there to get them and they were just downed. It pisses me off almost as much as medics that won't revive when they're right next to me. lol

That kept happening to me last night. I'd be 2m away from a guy that just got dropped, and he kills himself. It was pissing me off. I also had at least 7 squad leaders in a row that marked zero objectives despite my constant requests. Thankfully there's a fix coming for that soonish.

SDCowboy

Meant shouldn't.

That changes nothing. You can't respawn until the timer is up so there is zero reason to be able to release before then. Releasing before the timer is up doesn't get you going any faster. It just prevents you from being revived.

If I know that I died via a sniper or from an ambush or choke point I'll cancel the revive immediately because I know it'll just turn into a slaughter.

In fact, people waiting for a revive and know they are in a get fucked position that don't cancel their revive is kind of messed up for the medic. He/She might not know the circumstances of your death, and any good medic always has the intention to revive, so you have to help them out.

The Beard

That changes nothing. You can't respawn until the timer is up so there is zero reason to be able to release before then. Releasing before the timer is up doesn't get you going any faster. It just prevents you from being revived.

But you can customize your loadouts instead of waiting for incompetent medics to hopefully do their job.

SDCowboy

But you can customize your loadouts instead of waiting for incompetent medics to hopefully do their job.

How often are you honestly changing your loadout? I reckon it's probably infinitely less often than you're dying in the game. At the very least, more people need to actually pay attention to the medic distances. If there is clearly one closing in on you, then you probably shouldn't release.

Because people revive people when they should.

I'll take that every time over how it is now. Unnecessary revives still give a small chance of survival at best, and at worst, make them wait for the respawn. As it is, it's just guaranteeing the worst outcome. And making the medic class pretty weak in the process.

If I know that I died via a sniper or from an ambush or choke point I'll cancel the revive immediately because I know it'll just turn into a slaughter.

In fact, people waiting for a revive and know they are in a get fucked position that don't cancel their revive is kind of messed up for the medic. He/She might not know the circumstances of your death, and any good medic always has the intention to revive, so you have to help them out.

For sure. But people in pretty safe spots are still doing it often. Even when they die right at my feet and I killed the attacker.

The Beard

How often are you honestly changing your loadout? I reckon it's probably infinitely less often than you're dying in the game. At the very least, more people need to actually pay attention to the medic distances. If there is clearly one closing in on you, then you probably shouldn't release.

Normally, not often at all, but my classes keep getting reset.

I'll take that every time over how it is now. Unnecessary revives still give a small chance of survival at best, and at worst, make them wait for the respawn. As it is, it's just guaranteeing the worst outcome. And making the medic class pretty weak in the process.

For sure. But people in pretty safe spots are still doing it often. Even when they die right at my feet and I killed the attacker.

Yeah. That's true as well. Give it a week, as time goes on player skill and player intelligence tends to increase.

For one, I noticed since the beta, and even day "1" of the game's launch, people have been doing a better job of reviving and waiting around for revives. I expect this trend to continue in that direction.

Top Bottom