• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies if this has been mentioned as I haven't read much of the thread yet but is anyone else having major trouble trying to secure point B in one of the bunkers on Monte Grappe when attacking ? In Operations mode at least.

There's a B bunker in one of the sectors with 2 small doors in and after taking A we had a whole team hanker down in it so we couldn't get in there. Constantly throwing incendiary grenades at the door to stop us getting it, having support soldiers replenish their grenades, having medics revive them etc. It was basically impossible to get in at all. We even had a tank on their doorstep and you just couldn't kill enough to get into the bunker to cap it. Hell even having a large amount of soldiers above the bunker wouldn't cap it.

Just wondering what some folks experience with it is or if my team was just really really exceptionally bad. But it seemed almost impossible to cap if the whole enemy team is practically in there.

The Beard

Yeah. That's true as well. Give it a week, as time goes on player skill and player intelligence tends to increase.

For one, I noticed since the beta, and even day "1" of the game's launch, people have been doing a better job of reviving and waiting around for revives. I expect this trend to continue in that direction.

The Beta doesn't even count though. There weren't even indicators showing that teammates needed to be revived. Also, it probably won't get much better than it is now. Look at BF4, guys still ignore ammo/health/revive requests and it's been out for 3 years.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So is it possible to have 256 player servers on PC (with self-hosted servers)

My coworker was talking about that today.

Gaz_RB

Apologies if this has been mentioned as I haven't read much of the thread yet but is anyone else having major trouble trying to secure point B in one of the bunkers on Monte Grappe when attacking ? In Operations mode at least.

There's a B bunker in one of the sectors with 2 small doors in and after taking A we had a whole team hanker down in it so we couldn't get in there. Constantly throwing incendiary grenades at the door to stop us getting it, having support soldiers replenish their grenades, having medics revive them etc. It was basically impossible to get in at all. We even had a tank on their doorstep and you just couldn't kill enough to get into the bunker to cap it. Hell even having a large amount of soldiers above the bunker wouldn't cap it.

Just wondering what some folks experience with it is or if my team was just really really exceptionally bad. But it seemed almost impossible to cap if the whole enemy team is practically in there.

That's fine. Just cap everything else while they hide in there. You can blow up the turret from the outside so it's really not a huge deal--they're just keeping troops away from other parts of the map by camping there.

That changes nothing. You can't respawn until the timer is up so there is zero reason to be able to release before then. Releasing before the timer is up doesn't get you going any faster. It just prevents you from being revived.

To be fair, there are genuine reasons why you might not want to be revived.
You might be killed farther away from your objective and respawning might be quicker getting to where you are going.

You might want to refresh your equipment. Especially grenades and mortars.

I'm also wondering if some of the non reviving medics might simply not have the syringe equipped. Maybe they're running medipacks and grenade launchers?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
That's fine. Just cap everything else while they hide in there. You can blow up the turret from the outside so it's really not a huge deal--they're just keeping troops away from other parts of the map by camping there.

There is no turret (just a round slap of concrete) or other parts of the map to take in the scenario I was describing above unfortunately. This is when there are only 2 points to attack on the map. A we had already capped, B we couldn't get capped because they all hid inside the underground bunker and we couldn't cap from the outside by standing on top of the bunker and couldn't get inside to cap it either. This was the only thing we had left to take to capture the sector and we just couldn't do it.

The Beard

There is no turret (just a round slap of concrete) or other parts of the map to take in the scenario I was describing above unfortunately. This is when there are only 2 points to attack on the map. A we had already capped, B we couldn't get capped because they all hid inside the underground bunker and we couldn't cap from the outside by standing on top of the bunker and couldn't get inside to cap it either. This was the only thing we had left to take to capture the sector and we just couldn't do it.

We're the doors locked? If so you just have to blow them up. If not, get your squad to go medic and equip the grenade launcher and incendiary/smoke grenades. Also get some guys on your team with shotguns.

Nameless

Already played more BF1 than BF4 according to the career tab, and haven't experienced a single ultra janky double kill, which never did get fixed.

The one thing I do mess from 4 is Test Range. It was great being able to play around with weapons without being shot at. Nice way to 'warm up' too.

NIN90

It's funny, not having many issues with medics myself but most support players are simply braindead. They just won't fucking drop ammo. Ever.

I think Dice should put a new video up on the front end entitled "Squad Orders. It's like free points".

Can't believe the amount of people who don't use squad orders when they are squad leaders.
I mean, it's like free points!
I'm assuming it's because it's not very well explained.

leng jai

It's funny, not having many issues with medics myself but most support players are simply braindead. They just won't fucking drop ammo. Ever.

Pretty much, even if I spam the need ammo command. There's always a billion medic kits on the ground and zero ammo boxes.

Yeah fuck support for not dropping ammo. It's infuriating. Dice really needs to flash

"DROP AMMO NOW" on their screens.

Also, its really dumb that they lost tripwire. Mortars just make them play lonewolf and away from everyone else. That was much better suited to scout

I think Dice should put a new video up on the front end entitled "Squad Orders. It's like free points".

Can't believe the amount of people who don't use squad orders when they are squad leaders.

None of it is explained, which is a big problem. The spotting thing is a feature that everyone thinks is a bug. They need to give details. They need tutorials, etc. Forced tutorials, etc. They made a lot of changes to make this game more "accessible," but put next to no effort in explaining any of it. Or forcing people to go through some kind of walkthrough.

Allowing people to hide the chatbox without a mic connected is ridiculous. This is a team game.

Raptor

That's the whole fun thing about being a medic. Running across the battlefield looking for wounded men while all hell is breaking loose.

Hell yeah!!

hiding in a corner while everything explodes around waiting for those little skulls to appear and then go in baby!!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
We're the doors locked? If so you just have to blow them up. If not, get your squad to go medic and equip the grenade launcher and incendiary/smoke grenades. Also get some guys on your team with shotguns.

Nah they weren't. The bunker has literally two single doors in, one on each side. The biggest issue was the enemy team was able to hang back inside the bunker and throw incendiary and smoke grenades constantly outside the doors so you couldn't even approach the doors to get in. We had tanks outside the door shooting in, we had people throwing grenades left right and centre and we still couldn't get in. The other team had medics and support constantly resupply grenades and folks being revived. When they got killed they just respawned on their team in B so you couldn't even pick them off outside. Like fuckin locusts I tells you lol.

jmelons

Share your emblems!

Im using one from Rainbow 6, the appropriate Doc logo:

http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-67904.html

Note: The website has some naked emblems from users, so be careful.

u3EFFDl.png

Same one I've been using since 3. Ignore the sniper.

The Beard

Nah they weren't. The bunker has literally two single doors in, one on each side. The biggest issue was the enemy team was able to hang back inside the bunker and throw incendiary and smoke grenades constantly outside the doors so you couldn't even approach the doors to get in. We had tanks outside the door shooting in, we had people throwing grenades left right and centre and we still couldn't get in. The other team had medics and support constantly resupply grenades and folks being revived. When they got killed they just respawned on their team in B so you couldn't even pick them off outside. Like fuckin locusts I tells you lol.

Wow, that would be pretty tough if the other team is working together like that. You don't see that too often.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

How do you set squad orders? I've always just joined random squads, so I've never been leader.

Raptor

I don't understand why they allow players to cancel any chance of revival. It makes me want to quit playing medic when everyone just holds x the instant they die.

I'm also getting some server disconnects. Is that a common thing or am I just getting unlucky?

Lol

That reminds me I find myself trying to pinch people with my needle with no effect lmao cause they cancel it.

I look like a crazy medic sometimes.

bounchfx

Gah NOBODY marks the enemies. So annoying.

I see them all the time, and do my best to mark them as well

that being said, the rest of BF's Q menu is garbage thanks to the long ass delay between pressing Q and being able to communicate a message. they should have copied TF/CS or dota for how to do quick messages

How do you set squad orders? I've always just joined random squads, so I've never been leader.

Simples. You look at the objective flag you want your team to capture (or defend) and tap the spot button (R1 on PS4). The desired target will then get a green cursor pointing at it telling the whole squad which objective is selected.
Your whole squad gets extra points once the objective is successfully captured or defended. You get more if you actively help the squad do it but you still get some once it's complete anyway.
You can change the selected objective as often as you like.

It's free points!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that would be pretty tough if the other team is working together like that. You don't see that too often.

To be honest it didn't feel like they were doing anything too amazing, just constantly lobbing grenandes outside the doors. I'll admit my team were a bit shit but having two small doors as the only ways in seemed a bit rubbish tbh and made it feel like an impossible task to get in there. For example the A point has 3 ways in, a bunker to the side and then road entrances at each side of the point.

But of course that may just be me ranting and being pissed at my team, I guess we'll see if that capture point ends up getting many other complaints at all.

Simples. You look at the objective flag you want your team to capture (or defend) and tap the spot button (R1 on PS4). The desired target will then get a green cursor pointing at it telling the whole squad which objective is selected.
Your whole squad gets extra points once the objective is successfully captured or defended. You get more if you actively help the squad do it but you still get some once it's complete anyway.
You can change the selected objective as often as you like.

It's free points!

Actually, dont do this. Turn off context spotting in the settings

Otherwise, if u spot often, youll keep switching targets if you happen to be spotting over the objective

If you hold R1, you as squad leader can select the target by going into the request objective menu

TheRed

Yeah fuck support for not dropping ammo. It's infuriating. Dice really needs to flash

"DROP AMMO NOW" on their screens.

Also, its really dumb that they lost tripwire. Mortars just make them play lonewolf and away from everyone else. That was much better suited to scout
Yeah mortars should be on scout, also the trench shield sniping thing should be for support that be good and realistic defense for lmgs. Snipers are already good enough so don't need it.

I should add; even if you aren't squad leader you can request a squad order from the leader by holding down R1 (again, this is on PS4) to get up the communication wheel and selecting 'request orders' by pressing down with the right stick.

I think a lot of players don't know about squad orders so may not respond to the request unfortunately.

A good squad can use the system to be more coordinated in attack too. It can be useful for directing your squad in flanking captures in the Operations mode.

And it gets you free points!

DaciaJC

Gold Member

In Operations, though, you need to cap that point to progress. Sure, you can pretty easily take the other objective in the mean time, but as long as they can barricade themselves in that bunker, healing and reviving and respawning, it's very difficult for the attackers to mass enough players at the point to outnumber them long enough to capture the zone.

Best Assault class weapons?

Shotguns. Model 10 variants for damage and range, M1897s for faster rate of fire. Haven't tried the Browning Auto 5 yet, but it likely has the highest RoF.

Actually, dont do this. Turn off context spotting in the settings

Otherwise, if u spot often, youll keep switching targets if you happen to be spotting over the objective

If you hold R1, you as squad leader can select the target by going into the request objective menu

That used to be a thing in previous Battlefields it doesn't seem to be a problem at all in BF1. So far on the PS4 I haven't accidentally selected an objective once in BF1 and I had a round where I issued 50 successful orders the other night.

Raptor

I cant operate as well if I dont get orders I mean, I cant go running all over the battlefield like a maniac reviving whatever, I want to be where Im needed most and for that I need a fucking order so if Im chatting I say "you are the boss so give me a fucking order"

God damn this game is good.

Top Bottom