• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

CryptiK

Yeah no, lots of shitty gamers that never push, just sit back and snipe all round not helping the team because of K/D. Absolutely should be removed from objective mode. Play the damn mode. Play TDM if you want KDR
I think you should be looking at playing a different game then. Its a first person shooter. Killing and death are core elements above everything else. Removing numbers from a scoreboard will not change the way people play at all. If anythinh it will encourage laziness when it comes to vehicle play.

Raide

What I've noticed lately is it's gone from a sea of medics that don't revive, to today where every round I've been in has had very few medics. Maybe the folks that rolled medic and didn't like reviving finally moved on to another class.

Hopefully, since it will leave space for the Medics that actually give a damn about playing their class effectively.

I had a medic SITTING ON MY HEAD, SNIPING. Dude refused to revive me. I just laughed. What can you do.

Perhaps part of the problem is that they gave the medic class really good weapons. I feel like people are picking the class with no intention to heal anyone.

I think that goes for all the classes. A lot of the new people don't know how/what to play their role.

Tovarisc

Medic also could be doing 20 GL kills phase of medal, replaced syringe with GL. I felt like waste of space earlier today when I was running medic without syringe for that medal.

SDCowboy

Hopefully, since it will leave space for the Medics that actually give a damn about playing their class effectively.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying medics need to go out of their way in a hot zone to revive, but when I'm down within a few yards and behind cover, come on... lol

Nekrono

Such a shame hearing about all these medics that don't revive or play their roles. When I play medic my primary objective is reviving everyone close to me followed by throwing medkits around while I sprint towards the objective.

I only start attacking if I see a threat close to me or we're making a push and even then priority is getting everyone up to prevent ticket bleed or maintain momentum of the attack.

Medic also could be doing 20 GL kills phase of medal, replaced syringe with GL. I felt like waste of space earlier today when I was running medic without syringe for that medal.

lol, same. I eventually swapped out the health kit because it's less obvious that I wasn't playing my role.

CryptiK

If you do 3-19 and do all the captures you're world class and better than your 63 teammates.
No because you are offering no impact anywhere else. Why are you dying ao much? Why are you not killling anyone? Are you baiting your teammates just to capture flags the die and lose the immediately because you cannot defend them. Going 3-19 is never helping your team regardless of what you are doing.

SDCowboy

Such a shame hearing about all these medics that don't revive or play their roles. When I play medic my primary objective is reviving everyone close to me followed by throwing medkits around while I sprint towards the objective.

I only start attacking if I see a threat close to me or we're making a push and even then priority is getting everyone up to prevent ticket bleed or maintain momentum of the attack.

As a medic, I still play fully offensive, but I still will go and rez downed people near me.

If you don't have a syringe as gear for a medic does game take that into account when people are dead and the game sees medics nearby?

Also I found out today the medic class has as grenade launcher attachment lol, I even tried it but it didn't seem very good at all. Not worth it anyway, rather actually help by reviving people.

It's getting annoying having so many hours of play and no battlepacks at all. I'm not a great player but I don't suck either, I'm usually in the top 10 players in the team, and only 1 battlepack so far (and in the first match I played!).

Coffinhal

I think you should be looking at playing a different game then. Its a first person shooter. Killing and death are core elements above everything else. Removing numbers from a scoreboard will not change the way people play at all. If anythinh it will encourage laziness when it comes to vehicle play.

Giving the genre of the game doesn't say which game design it embraces so we'll skip that.

Battlefield doesn't place K/D above everything else in its mechanics : the objectives are at the top and it is easily shown by the points you can obtain by fulfilling them (both with the squad and with the team). It requires more strategy and better tactics than just killing everyone while trying to keep your deaths to a minimum. It has way more depth than that.

Also "removing numbers in a scoreboards" would be the simple translation on what happens on the battlefield, and would give another incentive to those who don't know the game to drop their focus on having the best K/D ratio.

Raptor

So if I go around reviving people and having not so much kills because Im focused on healing and reviving thats a good way of playing right?

OR do I have absolutly be on the possitive side of K/D?

Man I wish Commo Rose was more useful. If Im in a vehicle, Id like to ask drivers to go to a flag. If Im alone on an objective, Id really like to ask for backup, but to have that flash on my squadmates respawn screen so they know I need help.

So if I go around reviving people and having not so much kills because Im focused on healing and reviving thats a good way of playing right?

Helping your team stay alive and stay on the objective is better than having a good KD imo. I'd rather have a high win rate than a good K/D

SDCowboy

I mean, you can play however you want, but if there is someone who is downed right near you, and the zone isn't hot, there is no reason not to revive them, IMO.

Raptor

I mean, play however you want, but if there is someone who is downed right near you, and the zone isn't hot, there is no reason not to revive them.

I revive all the time even if that means my death, thats a good Medic if you ask me.

I have died countless times cause I go in even if its a hot area, my job is to heal and revive people and by God thats what I will do.

Raide

Most modes are objective based where killing people drains their tickets and makes then loose. On the other hand, a good Medic can turn the tide on a poor defence by letting squads spawn closer and survive longer, and having other players get back into the action faster.

ezekial45

Banned
Loving the game so far but I was so disappointed that the first campaign mission with the Harlem Hell fighters was only ONE mission. I went back and tried to click on it to go to the next one and realized it was only one mission.

Yeah, I'm tremendously disappointed by this too. I was hoping the final mission would be Henry Johnson's stand against a German raid in No Mans Land. That would have been a spectacular mission to play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Johnson_(World_War_I_soldier)

SDCowboy

I revive all the time even if that means my death, thats a good Medic if you ask me.

I have died countless times cause I go in even if its a hot area, my job is to heal and revive people and by God thats what I will do.

IMO, yes and no. Senselessly going for the revive when you know you're likely going to die doesn't help anything. At best, that's exchanging one life for another, and you as a medic are arguably the more valuable. And at worst, that often ends up in both of you dying. I feel a good medic is one that revives when it's safe and makes sense too.

Coffinhal

Helping your team stay alive and stay on the objective is better than having a good KD imo. I'd rather have a high win rate than a good K/D

You have less power on the win/lose ratio though. And that's why the game is good, you can't always save your team because of your awesomeness, you have to coordinate, find the best class and be as effective as you can be in an organic structure (your team and your squad). You always are asking questions to yourself about being the beast teammate. Choices are difficult (should I use the mortar to clear a hot zone? should I take the risk of reviving everyone instead of killing ennemies? should I take a step back and spot ennemies and kill some with my sniper rifle ? should I focus on destroying vehicles that kill all the infantry ? how should I use the tank or vehicle that is the right one for the situation I'm in ? etc etc)

IMO, yes and no. Senselessly going for the revive when you know you're likely going to die doesn't help anything. At best, that's exchanging one life for another, and you as a medic are probably the more valuable. And at worst, that often ends up in both of you dying. I feel a good medic is one that revives when it's safe and makes sense too.

Well it's hard to make rules, it really depends on each situation and you're not omniscient, you can't always calculate how risky it is.

Jake2by4

Doing this medal for domination is fuck annoying. People do not wanna hold down two flags. Always wanna triple cap then fuck things up.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do some modes give more experience than others? I'm currently playing mostly team deathmatch and it seems like I'm barely earning any exp, yet during the beta playing rush I was earning way more it seemed like. Maybe it just got toned down?

Raptor

IMO, yes and no. Senselessly going for the revive when you know you're likely going to die doesn't help anything. At best, that's exchanging one life for another, and you as a medic are probably the more valuable. And at worst, that often ends up in both of you dying. I feel a good medic is one that revives when it's safe and makes sense too.

I concur, Im still learning.

Sometimes I revive they get up and get shot and I say "for fucks sakes give me a break up in here"

Like this:

tumblr_inline_myalvrbaOX1rnktqr.gif

Lmao.

SDCowboy

Well it's hard to make rules, it really depends on each situation and you're not omniscient, you can't always calculate how risky it is.

Right, but you can take calculated risks by assessing your surrounding. If there are grenades going off and a fire fight erupting in the immediate area, it's probably not a good time to go for a revive that's a distance away.

The Beard

The only people Ive seen complain about this are people who are bad at the game. So they need to try and find away to level themselves out against people who are actually good at it. DICE already pandered to this very crowd thats what you get 10x more score for everything besides killing someone. Thats why you usually see completely average players up the top because DICE decided to make this game about flag running rather than an actual battlefield game.

And one of the worst things about OW is the lack of score or match stats in general because you cant find the problem within the team.

You're upset that DICE rewards players who play the objective in the objective based game mode, "Conquest"? Wat? You can't be serious. Play TDM, dude.

I have a 800 Score/min and a 1.5 K/D (which isn't great). I play the objective. I'm always in the top 5 on the leaderboard.

SDCowboy

I concur, Im still learning.

Sometimes I revive they get up and get shot and I say "for fucks sakes give me a break up in here"

At the end of the day, what I really recommend is to play medic how you want. If to you, it's mostly about attempting to revive no matter what, then there's nothing wrong with that. I'll always recommend playing how it's most fun for you. At least you actually want to revive people. lol

IMO, yes and no. Senselessly going for the revive when you know you're likely going to die doesn't help anything. At best, that's exchanging one life for another, and you as a medic are arguably the more valuable. And at worst, that often ends up in both of you dying. I feel a good medic is one that revives when it's safe and makes sense too.

Last sentence nails it - as a medic, you're job isn't to DIE while reviving people, it's to revive people so that they can actually do something with the revived life. That means sometimes you need to forgo picking up one or two dead bodies in favor of clearing out zones.

It's important to remember that with the squad system, your teammates spawn on top of you so staying alive is more important than ever. Medics should RARELY lead frontline charges - let the Assault or Support class do that.

I think this is particularly defined by the medic starting weapon - you have a measly clip size because you're not meant to clear rooms, you're meant to pick your battles wisely.

Coffinhal

Right, but you can take calculated risks by assessing your surrounding. If there are grenades going off and a fire fight erupting in the immediate area, it's probably not a good time to go for a revive that's a distance away.

Right, but somethings a sniper rifle is hidden and can headshot you, a tank can appear right behind you, an enemy can charge you with his bayonet, a mortar/aerial strike/unexpected grenade can come right at you... That's what I meant, there are no safe zones, but yeah some are hotter than others. (I guess we agree anyway haha)

You're upset that DICE rewards players who play the objective in the objective basedgame mode "Conquest"? Wat? You can't be serious. Play TDM, dude.

I have a 800 Score/min and a 1.5 K/D (which isn't great). I play the objective. I'm always in the top 5 on the leaderboard.

This.

Hey guys I'll ask this again on a new page. Is there any way to reduce the dead zone on the right analog stick on PS4? There are so many options there has to be something like that, and maybe I'm just missing it.

Coffinhal

Hey guys I'll ask this again on a new page. Is there any way to reduce the dead zone on the right analog stick on PS4? There are so many options there has to be something like that, and maybe I'm just missing it.

On PC for the controller there is an option clearly called dead zone with a percentage, IIRC it's in the advanced settings for controls

Raptor

At the end of the day, what I really recommend is to play medic how you want. If to you, it's mostly about attempting to revive no matter what, then there's nothing wrong with that. I'll always recommend playing how it's most fun for you. At least you actually want to revive people. lol

Infuriating when you see "medic at 10 mts" or something to that effect and see them passing by lol.

Thats what it is those messages right? to know they are close?

SDCowboy

On a different note, is there a reason why often times when I get up from being prone, my guy can barely move? It's like I'm wading through molasses.

SDCowboy

Infuriating when you see "medic at 10 mts" or something to that effect and see them passing by lol.

Thats what it is those messages right? to know they are close?

Correct. I can't even tell you how many times I regularly have a medic standing on top of my corpse only to ignore me. lol

void666

Banned
Flamethrower guy. Tossed 2 dynamites on his ass and he survived. Killed me 5 times. Every time i heard the Flamethrower sound i'd die soon after. He did 49/6

Mahonay

Banned

On PC for the controller there is an option clearly called dead zone with a percentage, IIRC it's in the advanced settings for controls
Hmm, thanks for bringing this up. I'm gonna try to mess with this too.

Flamethrower guy. Tossed 2 dynamites on his ass and he survived. Killed me 5 times. Every time i heard the Flamethrower sound i'd die soon after. He did 49/6

You can insta kill him if you stab him btw. He also takes damage if he gets hurt by his own flame. If a medic is supporting his ass, he could be damn near invincible.

Raide

Correct. I can't even tell you how many times I regularly have a medic standing on top of my corpse only to ignore me. lol

They need to move the markers for close medics to somewhere a little more prominent, mainly to help medics do their job.

Top Bottom