• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I feel like Battlefield finally needs to yank off the bandaid and take K/D ratio off the scoreboard to begin with - like, fuck it, just list points. However you get them, you get them. That should be the mark of your success. K/D is really outdated and encourages the wrong type of play.

I agree, but sadly this won't happen.

Protein

Banned
I feel like there's too many on-screen icons. How do you lower the size of the 3D icons? The names of players and map points fill my screen.

I feel like Battlefield finally needs to yank off the bandaid and take K/D ratio off the scoreboard to begin with - like, fuck it, just list points. However you get them, you get them. That should be the mark of your success. K/D is really outdated and encourages the wrong type of play.
It's a funny thing imo. I mainly play medic and I almost always have k/d of less than 1. That being said I'm usually top 5 in points because of healing and reviving. I had someone message me on Friday saying I was a beast medic (that's the first time someone took the time to message me something good) I was happy about that. Some classes rely on K/D like Assault and too a lesser extent support, so I can't really say to get rid of it just yet.

Tovarisc

Kill gives you 20 points.

Cap gives you hundreds of points.

Both of these things are clearly shown on the screen so score oriented player will aim to do caps primarily. Even if you removed KDR from scoreboard it wouldn't change how KDR oriented people play the game.

I'm all about that Score Per Minute, baby. I love racking up points and helping the team out any way I can. Ammo crates for days. Medic pouches and revives for days.

I just bought the game.

30 mins later still doesn't show in my games library. Reinstalled Origin, cleared all caches in app data. Now it says it can't retrieve my games at all. Sweet.

Not to worry, support will answer my case in 14 days. Rediculous.

you emailed them?

Flibbertygiblet

Neo Member
I almost always have a very high K/D, but I pride myself in playing the objective and supporting my squad. As much as I like getting a good K/D - I would be totally fine just seeing my score and still being near the top.

Raptor

I have the same problem with the forest map in this game than in Battlefront, I cant see anyone at all.

Also whats the better way to level a class? Im level 10 and my Medic is at Level 1?

WTF

aajohnny

I partially disagree to an extent. I can't say every gamer is like me but I am in the top 3 every single game in points and I just play to win but I also like to know my KDR even though it's not on my mind when I play. Not everybody plays for KDR ... at least in Operations or Conquest. Team Deathmatch is mostly for the KDR freaks.

What benefits do ammo/health pouches have over the crates? The crates seem to heal/supply instantly, have a wide area of effect, and are more useful for healing/resupplying yourself.

SkylineRKR

Yeah fuck K/D. Its more about going to the objectives, revive and anti vehicle which makes you very vulnerable. You likely don't get 60-0 if you do that.

Best K/D is even mentioned at the post match summary of conquest matches. Which encourages campers to sit back and preserve their high k/d.

Is there anyway to reduce the dead zone on aiming on a ps4 dual shock. Coming from the infinite warfare beta aiming in battlefield feels bad because of it.

CryptiK

Removing KD is probably the most ridiculous and moronic idea out there. Battlefield is about multiple things you dont win objectives by just fucking running at them. Kills and deaths have impact on tickets as well as the game in general. You cannot remove a key element from the score board. They already made it ridiculously babygamer with the new highlights never having a killing or least deaths highlight even after you go 80-4 infantry only have the highest score defended the most flags but its ok some useless babygamer gets a resupply highlight cause you know thats super hard to get.

Mugenjin

What benefits do ammo/health pouches have over the crates? The crates seem to heal/supply instantly, have a wide area of effect, and are more useful for healing/resupplying yourself.

Ammo pouch is useless since it doesn't replenenish enough ammo.
First aid kits can be useful if you're going with your squad and keep moving since it heals you on the move so you don't have to wait too much to heal up.

hydruxo

I'd like to see every MP shooter just ditch displaying K/D in general

Tovarisc

I have the same problem with the forest map in this game than in Battlefront, I cant see anyone at all.

Also whats the better way to level a class? Im level 10 and my Medic is at Level 1?

WTF

Do what class is meant to do. As e.g. medic heal and revive as much as you can.

Crates stay in single place and have AoE within everyone gets benefit of crate, e.g. ammo.

Pouches are single use for one soldier. Throw e.g. ammo pouch to Tommy Trooper and he gets rearmed. He doesn't need to stick around and can keep on running.

Basically e.g. support crate to rearm everyone inside of bunker and pouch to rearm that soldier who is running away from crate.

Ammo pouch is useless since it doesn't replenenish enough ammo.
First aid kits can be useful if you're going with your squad and keep moving since it heals you on the move so you don't have to wait too much to heal up.

Getting all missing ammo and hand grenades back isn't enough?

Roussow

Removing KD is probably the most ridiculous and moronic idea out there. Battlefield is about multiple things you dont win objectives by just fucking running at them. Kills and deaths have impact on tickets as well as the game in general. You cannot remove a key element from the score board. They already made it ridiculously babygamer with the new highlights never having a killing or least deaths highlight even after you go 80-4 infantry only have the highest score defended the most flags but its ok some useless babygamer gets a resupply highlight cause you know thats super hard to get.

Jesus, dude. Babygamer? Come on.
One of my favourite parts about Overwatch was the varied states for achieving an elimination, de-emphasising kill importance is a great thing for objective based shooters.

Dumb question, but how do you use the requests system on controller? I press R1, requests, then point the radial menu to something, but how do you trigger it?

CHC

Is it safe to quit matches as soon as they end or do I have to hang around and watch the score tally to get actually get the points?

SkylineRKR

I get high k/d sometimes. Yesterday I had like a 20 streak and some lesser streaks on Kaiserschlacht by running around and capturing, Staying by and healing others and basically shooting at anything that was evil. Prone and healing up everytime I was hit. I just don't always play smart. And I get bored of medic so I go to the frontline with Assault and try to destroy vehicles, which gets me killed more. I don't care at all. I just want those points for rank up, which is best done by following orders and capturing.

Dumb question, but how do you use the requests system on controller? I press R1, requests, then point the radial menu to something, but how do you trigger it?

Sometimes it triggers, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe its on a cooldown or smt.

All you do is highlight it and let go of the button.

CryptiK

Jesus, dude. Babygamer? Come on.
One of my favourite parts about Overwatch was the varied states for achieving an elimination, de-emphasising kill importance is a great thing for objective based shooters.
The only people Ive seen complain about this are people who are bad at the game. So they need to try and find away to level themselves out against people who are actually good at it. DICE already pandered to this very crowd thats what you get 10x more score for everything besides killing someone. Thats why you usually see completely average players up the top because DICE decided to make this game about flag running rather than an actual battlefield game.

And one of the worst things about OW is the lack of score or match stats in general because you cant find the problem within the team.

anthraxus

Banned
Tried this at a friends and it just felt way too twitchy and fast paced. Guess I'm just too old now for this kind of stuff and need to stick with tactical shooters.

AEREC

Tried this at a friends and it just felt way too twitchy and fast paced. Guess I'm just too old now for this kind of stuff and need to stick with tactical shooters.

This is always my first impression of any new shooter...once I stick with it though it starts to feel like it slows down.

Hmm, there isn't any button since it uses the right stick. So I just rotate to the order I want and let go of the stick? I've heard other players saying something like requesting ammo, but my guy never says anything

Let go of R1, keep the stick in the same position as you let go.

Auctopus

Hmm, there isn't any button since it uses the right stick. So I just rotate to the order I want and let go of the stick? I've heard other players saying something like requesting ammo, but my guy never says anything

I noticed that sometimes it doesn't work, just like spotting. Sometimes, I'll be right on a player and it won't spot them. It was an issue in the Beta that's still present it seems.

You're supposed to press R1 (on PS4), rotate to the selected command and release R1 (If you release the stick first, there's a chance it will bring the cursor back to the centre of the menu and not select anything.)

I've found Medics rarely heal you anyway on PS4.

Dubz

KDR is important, but a lot of the time the dudes that go 40-5 are sniping from the edge of the map and not doing anything to help cap flags. Capping flags is the most important thing in the game, not KDR. Obviously of you go 3-19, you're not helping your team, but I would rather have a guy that caps flags over a guy that only gets kills.

SDCowboy

That feeling when you revive another medic, and die in the process, only for the revived medic to run off and leave you there. :(

Let go of R1, keep the stick in the same position as you let go.

I noticed that sometimes it doesn't work, just like spotting. Sometimes, I'll be right on a player and it won't spot them. It was an issue in the Beta that's still present it seems.

You're supposed to press R1 (on PS4), rotate to the selected command and release R1 (If you release the stick first, there's a chance it will bring the cursor back to the centre of the menu and not select anything.)

I've found Medics rarely heal you anyway on PS4.

Got it. Thanks. Maybe it just wasn't working when I tried it. Seems like a really awkward system. And yeah, I probably wouldn't even get ammo/health if it worked haha

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I think kills no longer have an impact on tickets? Wasn't that removed?

Okay I did laugh a bit at "babygamer". Didn't realize BF graduated from game to "serious biz" status in my hiatus ;)

What I do is just try to resist the urge to sprint everywhere like so many players. Move from cover to cover and take it one step at a time. Leave the mad scrambles for the more twitchy players who live for it.

Once you learn the maps these games always slow down a bit since you're more focused.

low-G

The only people Ive seen complain about this are people who are bad at the game. So they need to try and find away to level themselves out against people who are actually good at it. DICE already pandered to this very crowd thats what you get 10x more score for everything besides killing someone. Thats why you usually see completely average players up the top because DICE decided to make this game about flag running rather than an actual battlefield game.

And one of the worst things about OW is the lack of score or match stats in general because you cant find the problem within the team.

Yeah no, lots of shitty gamers that never push, just sit back and snipe all round not helping the team because of K/D. Absolutely should be removed from objective mode. Play the damn mode. Play TDM if you want KDR

low-G

KDR is important, but a lot of the time the dudes that go 40-5 are sniping from the edge of the map and not doing anything to help cap flags. Capping flags is the most important thing in the game, not KDR. Obviously of you go 3-19, you're not helping your team, but I would rather have a guy that caps flags over a guy that only gets kills.

If you do 3-19 and do all the captures you're world class and better than your 63 teammates.

SDCowboy

Medic courtesy is lacking as of late. Really cuts to the bone when other Medics bypass a Medic.

What I've noticed lately is it's gone from a sea of medics that don't revive, to today where every round I've been in has had very few medics. Maybe the folks that rolled medic and didn't like reviving finally moved on to another class.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Medic courtesy is lacking as of late. Really cuts to the bone when other Medics bypass a Medic.

I had a medic SITTING ON MY HEAD, SNIPING. Dude refused to revive me. I just laughed. What can you do.

Perhaps part of the problem is that they gave the medic class really good weapons. I feel like people are picking the class with no intention to heal anyone.

Top Bottom