• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The feeling of a headshot with them scopeless rifles is unmatched.

What's the major difference between a rifle with a scope and without? I do equally well with both variants, but my guess is that if you don't have a scope you can shoot faster and maintain accuracy?

Either way it feels negated when I can just drop to the ground and spray away with a bipod.

What's the major difference between a rifle with a scope and without? I do equally well with both variants, but my guess is that if you don't have a scope you can shoot faster and maintain accuracy?

Either way it feels negated when I can just drop to the ground and spray away with a bipod.

I run around like an idiot most of the time being impatient and all so I fell the scopeless ones give me the mobility that I need and they feel very reliable even in close quarters combat. Pop a shot and get the pistol out for the kill. I never do well with scopes because of my play style. I'll never be the "classic" sniper crouched somewhere at the edge of the map trying to kill someone 3 km away.
Anyway, they nailed it with these rifles, it's the first Battlefield I enjoy playing the scout class.

I wish the scopeless Bolt action rifles were available for All Classes as a form of All Kit weapon.

I don't really like playing scout but the scopeless Lee Enfield No.1 Mk3 SMLE rifle is so awesome.

Guys I have finally gotten internet installed at my new place and now I'm getting "failed to connect to EA online" when I try to play my first frigging gamenof BF1.... is it an issue on my end or are there server issues with EA?

I wish the scopeless Bolt action rifles were available for All Classes as a form of All Kit weapon.

I don't really like playing scout but the scopeless Lee Enfield No.1 Mk3 SMLE rifle is so awesome.

Yep. It's my favorite weapon as well. If I could equip it while playing medic, I would never change class again.

Skyr

Playing Assault with a shotgun on most of the maps at the moment. Danmn that shotgun absolutely shreds in this game.
There is just no better feeling than clearing out a bunker full of enemies with that thing by yourself.
I hope they won't nerf that baby soon.

Playing Assault with a shotgun on most of the maps at the moment. Danmn that shotgun absolutely shreds in this game.
There is just no better feeling than clearing out a bunker full of enemies with that thing by yourself.
I hope they won't nerf that baby soon.

They may a little bit but it's tactically still a great option if you carry gas. 2 grenades and you limit both sides to shotguns which makes you have a huge advantage.

I'm actually noticing that trend already gas and incendiary grenades of area denial are just so much more important than frags generally.

They may a little bit but it's tactically still a great option if you carry gas. 2 grenades and you limit both sides to shotguns which makes you have a huge advantage.

I'm actually noticing that trend already gas and incendiary grenades of area denial are just so much more important than frags generally.

While I agree with that statement, I do find lobbing a grenade into a window of a camp house and watching the kills rack in and the walls blast off......

Sublime

edit: Dynamite also works

Marvel

could never
A most Holy Tank.

stzl9zte

Lol.

Kaversmed

Am I imagining this or do the Support Class actually get grenades back after using them? I didn't get to test it but I swear I used a grenade earlier in a life and suddenly I had a grenade again.

Support Class is underrated btw. Put the AA sight on that stock LMG and you're a lean, mean, bulletspraying machine

I thought there were specific actions you had to do e.g. suppression fire, resupply, revive etc as you do with other classes.
The flare can spot enemies and is extremely useful to the ground troops in that area. You can also finish off tanks with your k bullet alternate ammo.

Basically spot, spot, spot and counter snipe will get you a lot of score.

Nyx

Am I imagining this or do the Support Class actually get grenades back after using them? I didn't get to test it but I swear I used a grenade earlier in a life and suddenly I had a grenade again.

Support Class is underrated btw. Put the AA sight on that stock LMG and you're a lean, mean, bulletspraying machine

You can resupply your own ammo.

Had a really intense 64 Conquest on Ballroom Blitz earlier. The ongoing firefight for the main ballroom with all the infantry, cavalry, and tanks pouring into that area cutting through the fog was just crazy.

Multiple times each match I look around in awe of the atmosphere and energy of what's happening around me. DICE killed it with this one.

Acinixys

Yeah man

If you use an ammo pouch or drop an ammo pack you will get your nades back after a while (I think its 15 - 20 secs for grenades)

It resupplies everything actually. Mines and mortars as well

Machina

Banned
Had a really intense 64 Conquest on Ballroom Blitz earlier. The ongoing firefight for the main ballroom with all the infantry, cavalry, and tanks pouring into that area cutting through the fog was just crazy.

Multiple times each match I look around in awe of the atmosphere and energy of what's happening around me. DICE killed it with this one.

They certainly did. Everything feels authentic while still being fun. Game of the Year for mine. They took a task that nobody thought they could pull off, and they pulled it the fuck off.

Question;

40 man or 64 man operations?

Who has played both and what are your impressions?

Currently I play 40 man and absolutely love it. Does it make the map bigger? Does it increase tickets? Is it just a clusterfuck?

julrik

Console players: can someone recommend me some FOV and aiming sensitivity settings? And do people use the FOV for ADS as well, or keep it off (default)?

Kaversmed

Console players: can someone recommend me some FOV and aiming sensitivity settings? And do people use the FOV for ADS as well, or keep it off (default)?

A lot of people have recommended FOV 90, but I felt it was a bit too fisheye for my taste. 80 was my sweet spot.

nOoblet16

A lot of people have recommended FOV 90, but I felt it was a bit too fisheye for my taste. 80 was my sweet spot.
They meant horizontal FoV at 90, the default numbers you see is for vertical FoV which is always lower than Horizontal (which is in brackets).

90 horizontal should not produce a fish eye effect at all.

Kaversmed

They meant horizontal FoV at 90, the default numbers you see is for vertical FoV which is always lower than Horizontal (which is in brackets).

90 horizontal should not produce a fish eye effect at all.

Yeah okay, maybe it was just going from that default value to 90 that felt a bit too overwhelming. Maybe going from 80 to 90 now will feel less overwhelming. :)

I thought there were specific actions you had to do e.g. suppression fire, resupply, revive etc as you do with other classes.

Flares, you'll get a lot of points if you land a good flare (assuming your teammates can actually kill people). Other than that there really not much you can do. Just normal stuff like playing the objectives. Scout is only 30k per rank compared to the other classes which are all 50k per rank. Oh and you get extra points if you kill other scouts, however it's only like 25 more.

I had no idea about the bayonet affecting accuracy and aim speed. I do use it occasionally, but it almost always gets me killed anyway. Taking it off.

I had no idea about the bayonet affecting accuracy and aim speed. I do use it occasionally, but it almost always gets me killed anyway. Taking it off.

I get the whole bayonet charge thing but the way the dude runs is so hard to control it's almost useless. You can still OHKO with the standard melee anyway

I'm several missions in after starting it this morning on hard. I've conpleted the first two stories, including the prelude, and thefirst flying mission.

It's okay so far. Pretty but just decent gameplay wise.

To be fair though, I think I'm subconsciously adverse to vehicles in my shooters and in their multiplayer.

The tank combat was slow and a pain. I laughed when I was taken out by a few shots from a small tank that withstood four to five from me.

It's weird seeing assets, such as animations, textures, and models, including trees and foliage that look like they've come straight from Battlefront. I didn't play Battlefront much at all, yet still I often feel as though I'm on Endor when playing on the more foliage dense maps.

I'm several missions in after starting it this morning on hard. I've conpleted the first two stories, including the prelude, and thefirst flying mission.

It's okay so far. Pretty but just decent gameplay wise.

To be fair though, I think I'm subconsciously adverse to vehicles in my shooters and in their multiplayer.

The tank combat was slow and a pain. I laughed when I was taken out by a few shots from a small tank that withstood four to five from me.

I agree somewhat. I love the story mode. One of the best single player campaigns I've ever done from a shooter.

That being said - I hate tank combat. I can see the hard playthrough being a bastard.

Top Bottom