• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

hydruxo

Had a really intense 64 Conquest on Ballroom Blitz earlier. The ongoing firefight for the main ballroom with all the infantry, cavalry, and tanks pouring into that area cutting through the fog was just crazy.

Multiple times each match I look around in awe of the atmosphere and energy of what's happening around me. DICE killed it with this one.

I think Blitz is my favorite map. I just love how that map is laid out, it all flows so well.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I agree somewhat. I love the story mode. One of the best single player campaigns I've ever done from a shooter.

That being said - I hate tank combat. I can see the hard playthrough being a bastard.

well its up to your standards to evaluate how good it is, but it pales very much in comparation to wolfenstein TNO /TOB, Metro. "Pales" is actually to forgiving of a word. I would suggest to use your preferable fecal acronym.

well its up to your standards to evaluate how good it is, but it pales very much in comparation to wolfenstein TNO /TOB, Metro. "Pales" is actually to forgiving of a word. I would suggest to use your preferable fecal acronym.

Shits a huge steaming log on it's chest?

Lol when that guy on the roof lies down in front of you for no reason. What gun is that you use? You bossed it

Freak

Loving BF1 so far... But is it just me, or is having the bombers and the attack planes having a different button to use ADS to drop bombs a little inconsistant ?
Im playing on PS4, attack plane bombsight is press r3, but for the bombers its hold d-pad up.
Tbh i wish i could disable l3/r3 from doing anything in battlefield games as they always get pressed accidentally in the heat of close quarters battle and i end up dying.. lol

Jb

Was playing a little Rush with some friends last night and unlocked the Incendiary grenades and they are so good with support so.

Rush gameplay shenanigans.

Nice. I think I'll switch to incendiaries now that people are getting quick to react to my gas grenades.

In unrelated news, horsies on Suez are fun:

55hemiza

Raide

Anyone else think the medals are a bit pointless? I can see what they are doing but when none of them feel achievable, I just have no incentive to do them. They really need to re work them.

Xater

Anyone else think the medals are a bit pointless? I can see what they are doing but when none of them feel achievable, I just have no incentive to do them. They really need to re work them.

I already got a couple. my main problem with them is that you need to progress them in steps. If they would just make it so you could achieve all the steps at the same time it would be way better.

Ozorov

Is this the Deluxe edition only weapon? Or can you purchase it with warbonds?

Also 1 hit kill chest shots is that different on console than PC? The bolt actions snipers I've been using aren't 1 shot chest shot kills so that seems crazy.
I think theres a normal smile without the skin also

Xater

Is this the Deluxe edition only weapon? Or can you purchase it with warbonds?

Also 1 hit kill chest shots is that different on console than PC? The bolt actions snipers I've been using aren't 1 shot chest shot kills so that seems crazy.

It's just the SMLE with a different skin you get from the Early Enlister version.

Raide

I already got a couple. my main problem with them is that you need to progress them in steps. If they would just make it so you could achieve all the steps at the same time it would be way better.

Are there more medals? I usually play Medic and they all seem a but geared towards other classes. Where is the Medic medals for heals etc?

Agree on your point also. Seems odd that you have yo do them in order and if you don't track them, you get nothing towards them.

Xater

Ok cool. Same stats I'm assuming?

Yes. It's the same deal has with he Hellfighter Trench Gun or the Hellfighter 1911.

Are there more medals? I usually play Medic and they all seem a but geared towards other classes. Where is the Medic medals for heals etc?

Agree on your point also. Seems odd that you have yo do them in order and if you don't track them, you get nothing towards them.

Sure there are medic ones as well. You always get a random selection. You can see all medal available in the Soldier tab.

Raide

Yes. It's the same deal has with he Hellfighter Trench Gun or the Hellfighter 1911.

Sure there are medic ones as well. You always get a random selection. You can see all medal available in the Soldier tab.

Ah, is that why they have a time limit on them? That makes sense if it is like that.

Man nothing is more disheartening then somehow surviving a long ass pigeon round, releasing your pigeon then seeing a Flamethrower elite come around the corner and turn it into extra crispy.

Xater

Man nothing is more disheartening then someone surviving a long ass pigeon round, releasing your pigeon then seeing a Flamerthrower elite come around the corner and turn it into extra crispy.

I still have to actually try that game mode. Same with domination.

Raide

I primarily play assault because of how people pick classes and it's great.

Yes, it's the selection of medals you can try to do for the week. Then they will shuffle in new ones for you.

Great news. Thanks! Super helpful A++ Would ask questions again.

I still have to actually try that game mode. Same with domination.
Its a great mode when I wanna get in some short rounds of BF without having to deal with a huge map.

Also question: What is the purpose of the Support class? Simply being a ammo box and anti-tank? Cause that is how I pretty much use it.

What? Why would a bayonet be equipped by default then!? I mean it's pretty useful but I'd much prefer steadier aiming and faster raising weapon which is more useful a vast majority of the time. I get maybe 1 bayonet kill a game on average.

Holy crap, getting 20 kills in a round in TDM is so tough. It's been fun though. I never played much TDM in previous battlefield. It helps you learn guns better.

I got 17 kills just now, then spent the last 5 spawns getting sniped, getting killed by an armored unit, and getting shot in the back. So frustrating!!!

Xater

Holy crap, getting 20 kills in a round in TDM is so tough. It's been fun though. I never played much TDM in previous battlefield. It helps you learn guns better.

I got 17 kills just now, then spent the last 5 spawns getting sniped, getting killed by an armored unit, and getting shot in the back. So frustrating!!!

I did it a couple of days ago. The frustrating part was that I did the 20 kills a couple of times before I got to that step. Then it took me some more games one ending with 19 kills. Zorbs can attest to that. That's why I think having these things to do in steps sucks.

Top Bottom