• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

I really do like how powerful tanks are too. Whats dices bf4 history with balance?

I fear that theyll fuck up tanks and spotting to please people who complain, by going too far.

DICE Stockholm couldn't balance their way out of box and then DICE LA took over after 1st DLC was released, they rebalanced whole game and it became good.

Stockholm and LA both are working on BF1 atm.

Xux

I wish the LAers would have a pass at the shotguns because yeesh at this first one; BF4 shotguns were a work of art.

Heroman

Banned
I really do like how powerful tanks are too. Whats dices bf4 history with balance?

I fear that theyll fuck up tanks and spotting to please people who complain, by going too far.
They made bf4 which was unbalanced as fuck into a balance game, expect some big changes in the coming months.

Getting atleast 2k in points from mines these days in every amiens conquest game. Just hard when u join a game and you cannot get close

DTKT

Integrate Battlelog into the game client and I'm good with it. Right now, I don't even think there is a way to check your previous rounds.

Dartastic

Is Origin having issues for anyone else? Keeps telling me I need to go online... obviously I can do that, having just made this post.

Skab

Yeah, good luck trying to reach the people dug in there doing that. It's a problem even in Operations on that map because if there is like 10 folks in there along with medics revive training and resupplies, it's basically a GG for the enemy team.

ANYYYYYWAY: Just had a round where the Boat on Operations spawned once, our team NEVER hit it and the team lost their attack round 3 damn times. WTF?

You dont actually have to be in the bunker to take the point either.

Obviously you need to clear out enemies so your team has more there then they do, but as long as thats the case you can just stand on top of the thing.

Do they? I chuck one earlier right at a tank, the tank keeps driving, and the limpet explodes way behind it about where I originally threw it.

They do, 100%. Not sure what happened in your case though. Maybe you just barely missed it or maybe a bug or something. What kind of tank was it?

They made bf4 which was unbalanced as fuck into a balance game, expect some big changes in the coming months.

I dont know if I want big changes :(

I like the game the way it is. Gun balance, sure. Id like every gun to be viable. Some other stuff here and there, but big changes scare me.

It seems so easy to fuck things up just because people have kneejerk reactions. Lots of people play solo too, and that can screw up perceptions of balance and teamwork.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Massive tank nerf would suck.

Theres nothing more frustrating than playing Operations with an incompetent team. TBH defending with players that sit back is worse than Attacking. At least with Attacking the odds are already against you.

Played a few matches with Fersis just now, man that was awesome. I took down the Behemoth!!! Hahaha :D

Also I have no idea why or how but I managed to get a positive k/d rate in every round. That's rare for me.

abuC

There needs to be a limit on scouts per team, I joined a game and the only squads that were open had 3-4 snipers in them each, none of them playing the objective.

I don't think I like the medals and am going to stop bothering.

I find myself playing classes I don't want to play, or more so, doing stupid shit just to meet some of the stupid ass requirements.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could work on them whenever, but only when they're tracked and only in order is dumb as hell.

XAL

The ingame customization features and data are a fraction of what battlelog had.

Also this new patch fucked up my game, sometimes it causes choppy movement in vehicles/emplaced weapons AND sticking to those things, unable to get off of them easily. And the notifications on the bottom right glitch out.

Fucking hell.

Xyber

Massive tank nerf would suck.

Tanks are good as they are, they are really easy to kill if the team actually tries.

1 person can kill a tank if the driver isn't great. 2 people easily takes one down. If the driver is good, he still won't be able to do much if 3 people use AT rocket and AT grenades at the same time. That's really all you need, but 30-40% of a team is usually snipers (which never uses their K-bullets) and refuses to help.

If tanks gets nerfed, they will be useless against a somewhat competent team.

okay this game has officially made me an addict...

never even played a BF game before, but man this is fun.

do they have any plans to release more war stories via DLC or anything?

they went by so quickly, and were actually super fun.

MP is plenty distracting though, so i won't be too gutted if they don't.

Dysun

Got to play all the maps finally.

Really like Amiens, Ballroom Blitz, and St Quentins.
Don't care too much for Sinai and Empire's Edge
Suez is trash

seriously, am I the only one experiencing awful load times? shit gets so slow exiting a game and just getting into a game

makes me :/ because even 4 was quicker than this.

okay this game has officially made me an addict...

never even played a BF game before, but man this is fun.

do they have any plans to release more war stories via DLC or anything?

they went by so quickly, and were actually super fun.

MP is plenty distracting though, so i won't be too gutted if they don't.

Definitely won't be any more SP content. 4-5 MP dlc packs though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Think I'm sticking with shotgun until they nerf it. Don't need to aim anywhere other than center of mass, don't need to ADS, just need to press mouse1 before the other guy does.

does anyone know what could possibly be causing my connection problems?

theres a lot of people on the battlefield forums reporting the same issue but no solution.

i was able to get into one game via joining a friend, but thats it...

im with Rogers in Canada if thats any help.

Tanks are good as they are, they are really easy to kill if the team actually tries.

1 person can kill a tank if the driver isn't great. 2 people easily takes one down. If the driver is good, he still won't be able to do much if 3 people use AT rocket and AT grenades at the same time. That's really all you need, but 30-40% of a team is usually snipers (which never uses their K-bullets) and refuses to help.

If tanks gets nerfed, they will be useless against a somewhat competent team.
Yep. First BF I've played where tanks aren't a huge pain in the ass. They are fine as is. One single competent Assault player can take down a tank by themselves.

Definitely won't be any more SP content. 4-5 MP dlc packs though.

dang, ah well...

just found them super well written and engaging, and a nice way to tell a non-traditional campaign or what not.

that airship level at the end of the pilot story... man oh man.

MP is freaking incredible though, never enjoyed sniping so much in my life.

Daigoro

I don't think I like the medals and am going to stop bothering.

I find myself playing classes I don't want to play, or more so, doing stupid shit just to meet some of the stupid ass requirements.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could work on them whenever, but only when they're tracked and only in order is dumb as hell.

yep. the new medal system suck ass. im really annoyed by it.

Just too accurate
wSCmiNW.gif

lol so true

Xyber

The medal system would be much better if you didn't have to do shit in order and you were allowed to pick anything you wanted to work towards (or better, not have to focus on one at a time).

First stage, get 20 kills as Cavalry, second stage kill 10 with the sword, third stage get 10 kills while on horseback. Why the fuck can't I do them all at the same time. if they feel like that would be too easy, just increase the amount needed to complete the tasks.

This current system is dumb and I hope they update it.

Have gone something like 30 matches, 0 battlepacks. Hate this RNG drop system.

i've not gotten any either... how do they work?

i just assumed you could only buy them or something

also - anybody know of a guide for complete BF noobs? there's so many mechanics here that are just lost on me... [although my KD is already a solid 1 to 2, so i'm happy there at least]

I wish the map rotation was random. I'm always being put into servers on Argonne followed by Sinai. I like sinai but I want to play something different.

If you're the top scorer in a match you seem to always get one. Otherwise your fate is in the hands of the RNG.

I have been top of my team plenty of times, it is completely random. Sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. I literally joined a server and played for about a minute before the match ended and got a Battlepack. It's all up to the Battelpack Gods.

Suez is such a shit map

Yep, map needs to be taken out back. It's straight garbage tier.

DTKT

The fact that it's WW1 really limits the weapons variety. It's a shame that shotguns are only for the assault class. The worst is that it's not only weapons, it's tanks, armored cars and everything around the game.

I'd love a medic shotgun.

WW1 was a mistake.

I actually don't mind that suez map. I like how it's just insanity crammed into a small space haha. The map I hate the most is that huge desert one where it's just big open spaces and snipers everywhere

If I want to follow squad orders, what should I be looking for on screen? I played my first full match, tried switching around on different squads but don't recall seeing any "orders" telling me what to do. I just tried to cap some points as best I could but felt a little aimless.

64 player matches are so chaotic. On the one hand the chaos is kind of cool but I can see it start to get old fast.

Trojan

If I want to follow squad orders, what should I be looking for on screen? I played my first full match, tried switching around on different squads but don't recall seeing any "orders" telling me what to do. I just tried to cap some points as best I could but felt a little aimless.

64 player matches are so chaotic. On the one hand the chaos is kind of cool but I can see it start to get old fast.

You'll see green arounds hovering around an objective (A, B, C, etc) when it's marked by the squad leader. Also, when they first call it out, you'll see a small dialogue box pop up in the lower right of the screen saying that.

Top Bottom