• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

bosseye

Assault Class is shit, Scout is even worse.

No way guy, Assault is great. Decent weapons, decent gadgets. Taking out tanks never gets old.

Did not realise the bayonet made a difference to weapon handling though - not sure if I want to take it off though, I love the bayonet charge I've made some hilarious kills with it.

What? Why would a bayonet be equipped by default then!? I mean it's pretty useful but I'd much prefer steadier aiming and faster raising weapon which is more useful a vast majority of the time. I get maybe 1 bayonet kill a game on average.
The main reason to use the bayonet is not for the odd bayonet kills but for the ultra turbo sprint. Sure, you can't keep sprinting forever with it, but every time when sprinting really counts then bayonet charge is a lifesaver (same in Red Orchestra 2 Rising Storm which pretty much invented it, albeit for different reasons) and it does last more than reasonably long enough to get you into cover/through open ground/a lot closer to the objective.

T.O.P

Banned
Welp i just tried Assault with the shotgun (been playing only medic so far)

This thing fuckin wrecks people, goddamn, quite fun for certain maps

Amiens is great for Assault. Obvious, funneled roads are perfect for setting up AT mines.

The class balance is truly the best since BC2.

I love it even more that there are no all-class kits.

Coffinhal

Nice. I think I'll switch to incendiaries now that people are getting quick to react to my gas grenades.

In unrelated news, horsies on Suez are fun:

55hemiza

Magnetic hitboxes

It amazes me that people are so afraid of hurting their K/D ratio to the point they won't play the objective, but they have no problem at all letting an armoured train or behemoth repeatedly kill them without doing anything about it.

I feel like I'm constantly playing with people who have never played a videogame before.

Is there any way team up with GAF members on PS4?

-SG

I just tried out the Model 10 on Suez and holy shit. Definitely firing up Assault every time I'm on that map.

Unlocked the BAR last night, am I missing something? The rate of fire and magazine capacity make it difficult to accomplish anything at mid to long range. I was having fun with it in close quarters but even then I spend a silly amount of time reloading.

Coffinhal

Does anyone also think that there is a problem with the bunkers in the map in the Alps in Operations mode ? I think there are one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd sector that are almost impossible to take when you're attacking. Only two thin entree points that can be easily covered because all the enemy team is coming inside thanks to squad re spawn and can be healed, revived and resupplied until the enemy dies (and lose the rounds). The airship is useless there. It's good for points because even when attacking you also heal, kill, resupply, injure people but damn it looks unbalanced.

Only time an attacker succeeded here was because they had a superhero weapon (flamethrower).

You know, when I think of World War 1 I absolutely think everybody running around with automatic weapons, and highly mobile impossible to kill tanks.
Yep. Totally what I think of.

You thought the previous Battlefield games were realistic in terms of war doctrine ? Ha. ha. ha.

Acinixys

Amiens is great for Assault. Obvious, funneled roads are perfect for setting up AT mines.

The class balance is truly the best since BC2.

I love it even more that there are no all-class kits.

I dislike having different pistols for each class. Ive been playing mostly support, and the Modello 1915 is excellent

But I cant access if when I play the other 3 roles, and its kind of a bummer

Unlocked the BAR last night, am I missing something? The rate of fire and magazine capacity make it difficult to accomplish anything at mid to long range. I was having fun with it in close quarters but even then I spend a silly amount of time reloading.

The BAR is fun in close range engagements. I use it like an assault rifle. Its garbage for anything else though. I prefer the M1909 telescopic for medium/long range range

Xater

The same way you mark people - R1. You have to be squad leader though.

Or hold R1 then "Select order" and pick any point without even looking at it. The number below it tells you how many squads already have it as an order.

It's really depressing if you look at that and realize you are the only squad handing out orders...

*Splinter

The main reason to use the bayonet is not for the odd bayonet kills but for the ultra turbo sprint. Sure, you can't keep sprinting forever with it, but every time when sprinting really counts then bayonet charge is a lifesaver (same in Red Orchestra 2 Rising Storm which pretty much invented it, albeit for different reasons) and it does last more than reasonably long enough to get you into cover/through open ground/a lot closer to the objective.
It's good for moving into cover, but regular sprinting is better at long distance due to the recharge time.

I keep my bayonet on so that I can deal with flamethrower/sentries. Not sure how bad the accuracy penalty is though.

Coffinhal

Or hold R1 then "Select order" and pick any point without even looking at it. The number below it tells you how many squads already have it as an order.

It's really depressing if you look at that and realize you are the only squad handing out orders...

It's not really well explained anywhere. Multiplayer lacks a 10/15min-long mandatory tutorial with that kind of informations, that are only accessible to veterans or people who have access to "community" discussions (forums, friends, reddit etc).

Oh it tells you who is already on it? That's super neat.

Ideally, squad leaders are creating an organized flow. Squad leader mutiny is being added in, so we can at least expect players who want to set objective markers, will.

They should ban every person who don't give orders for being squad leader for a while. Anyways they said that they will address the issue.

Xater

Oh it tells you who is already on it? That's super neat.

Ideally, squad leaders are creating an organized flow. Squad leader mutiny is being added in, so we can at least expect players who want to set objective markers, will.

I can't wait for that. I love being the squad leader. I am always on my shit. If I notice every one is concentrating on a choke point I try to organize an assault on a point in the back that might be less defended now, stuff like that. My squad is usually really high up on the scoreboards because of that.

Behemoths really need "transport" seats. Not enough people are using it as a form of transportation because they wont leave the gunners.

Yet one of the best uses of behemoths are these giant spawn points that can help you invade flags really fast.

In Amiens, the train goes right up to A flag, but requires the players to run to it to cap it. If Im driving you to A, get out and cap it!!

How do you get assigned to the Zeppelin or the Armored Train? Is is random or do I have to click the icon like crazy at the beginning of the match?

Is there anyway for me to change how my character looks? When I am the scout class I'm always a Hellfighter. Can I be one while being a medic?

How do you get assigned to the Zeppelin or the Armored Train? Is is random or do I have to click the icon like crazy at the beginning of the match?

Yeah you just click the icon and hope you get it. The first person always gets the driver (which is the best position). When it comes to conquest. When you know the behemoth is coming, just sit on the waiting screen and get ready to click. A majority of the time I'll get the driver when I do this. The train is a bit different. You can actually board it from the map. So just go to where the train spawns and board it like any other vehicle, you'll definitely get the driver if you do this.

*Splinter

Why the hell do people lock their squads when they are the only player inside? Even 2 or 3 is ridiculous.
Squads are locked automatically if you join as a party. It's stupid, we always have to remember to unlock so others can join and I doubt most people care either way. Locked squads should be opt-in rather than opt-out (you can always remove people to make room for friends).

It amazes me that people are so afraid of hurting their K/D ratio to the point they won't play the objective, but they have no problem at all letting an armoured train or behemoth repeatedly kill them without doing anything about it.

I feel like I'm constantly playing with people who have never played a videogame before.

I'll send you a friend request. I just had some incredibly frustrating conquest matches becuase of incapable randoms on my team...

Nice. I think I'll switch to incendiaries now that people are getting quick to react to my gas grenades.

In unrelated news, horsies on Suez are fun:

55hemiza

Yeah. Incendiary are nice for many reasons. Doesn't force teammates to change how they're playing and the only thing you can do is get away.

Medic has to be the best class for Team Deathmatch/Domination. I'm constantly healing, and I use the grenade launcher which is great for clearing out window campers. I'm also a semi auto rifle kinda guy, perfect mix of constant damage output (in contrast to bolt snipers), accuracy and range.

Caim

Shoot me a friend request: LegendaryLos77

Top Bottom