• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why you think 99.9% of WW2 themed FPS games are all about you playing American and killing Krauts?

But in BF1 I'm a Kraut killing everyone else. It's great.

Look at how fly these German soldiers are.
Code:
[IMG]https://images8.alphacoders.com/723/723917.jpg[/IMG]
Such style.

dab0ne

I dunno how someone can say the train is ineffective, lol......

You must be in a game full of complete morons. In 90% of the games I've played the train does huge damage, changes the course of the game (usually for a win) and lasts quite a long time. Wayyyy too OP.

There's that one machine gun on the train that drops like crazy. That thing needs to be buffed. It did damage to tanks but I swear you have to hit someone with it 5-8 times to kill them. Meanwhile my pistol will do it in 3 hits... -_-

Skab

For sure. As much as I like to have a WW2 Frostbite, it most likely will not happen. Way to similar to BF1. Vietnam or Korean War would also be a great setting as well. Besides mods, I don't think I know of a Korean War game.

Because being way too similar has stopped them before...

But in BF1 I'm a Kraut killing everyone else. It's great.

Look at how fly these German soldiers are.
Code:
[IMG]https://images8.alphacoders.com/723/723917.jpg[/IMG]
Such style.

Hu?
In dozens of WW-MP you could play as a German. I'vet yet to see a SP where you play a German soldier..
BF1 could really have done something different, to bad Dice decided otherwise.
Or will there be some DLC where you can play as Central Powers?

Tovarisc

DMR without bipod == bullets fly all over fucking place, slow cone of fire reset

DMR with bipod == laser accuracy, no increase in cone of fire

#balance

Xater

Hu?
In dozens of WW-MP you could play as a German. I'vet yet to see a SP where you play a German soldier..
BF1 could really have done something different, to bad Dice decided otherwise.
Or will there be some DLC where you can play as Central Powers?

You will be able to play as the French and Russians but all DLC is MP stuff.

Orcus

Apologies if this has been discussed to death but I've only just gotten around to playing BF1 on Xbox One. I started out with campaign and after a bit of playing I started having a pretty big issue. The game would occasionally freeze for a second or two for no reason. It was frequent enough to make me quit playing. Tried a hard reset and played a bit. It seemed to fix it, or so I thought. After a bit of playing it started again.

It just freezes every so often, only lasting a second or two, but frequent enough to severely impact playability. I then switched to multiplayer and it happened but only around two times during a whole match of operations.

Googling this is a bit of a pain. Despite specifying Xbox One, most results are for Pc. The generic nature of the name Battlefield 1 also causes issue. It doesn't help that I am not sure what to call the issue. Stuttering? Hitching? Freeze? Micro freeze? After a bit of searching I have found a few mentions, usually with no replies on how to fix it. Some claim it is a memory leak but searching for that usually returns PC info. It would explain the problem only presenting after playing for a while and resetting the console appearing to fix it though.

My question is is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to fix it or is this something Dice has to patch? I was set to reinstall the game until I saw others experiencing the issue. Any info at all is appreciated.
I had this issue during the play trial, and it was mainly associated with toast notifications from the play trial, but also other XBox One notifications. Sometimes it would persist after getting a single notification for they remainder of the play session. I reset my XBox saving apps and games to get rid of the play trial pop up, but it also fixed my stuttering issue. Of course this is anecdotal, and may not work for you, but it was directly correlated with the problem going away in my situation.

Giganteus

Really can't get enough of Operations. I've had a lot of great moments with it already. It also reminds me of Red Orchestra 2, but with higher production values, and I played a ton of that, so I'll likely be sticking with this game for a good while.

On another note, that singleplayer has some good moments, but it was really disappointing to see they didnt really go with a hellfighters story. Was a huge downer for me. Also, way more stealth sequences than I would've liked. Eh.

daxy

Really can't get enough of Operations. I've had a lot of great moments with it already. It also reminds me of Red Orchestra 2, but with higher production values, and I played a ton of that, so I'll likely be sticking with this game for a good while.

If hardcore mode proves to be good, I may finally uninstall RO2 for my dose of shooter-induced stress. Really though, so far RO2 like no other game has really captured the kind of tactics and player decisions you have to make to survive/win. Yes, it sometimes turns into a sniper induced game of patience (true to reality) and the guys using fully automatic rifles and suicide strategies are lame, but overall it does a pretty good job of capturing some of the realities of early-mid 20th century warfare.

At its best moments, this has also shined through a bit in BF1 in the current modes but more often than not players make really rash decisions either when trying to cap objectives or going for the K/D.

For the people who are enjoying Operations, I would highly suggest RO2 if you're not turned away by its visuals. Its mechanics go a bit deeper (including location-based damage and bleeding, object density being relevant to bullets passing through, etc.) and it's pretty fun once you get over the learning curve. It goes under $5 during each sale and you get an Asian-Pacific campaign in there for good measure (Rising Storm).

U guys weren't joking about Monte Grappa operations. 10 of us just camped the fortress and the enemy team had no chance

Clearly, youre supposed to use an elite, but they never did for whatever reason

Surfinn

I'm gonna practice tanking tonight. Which is the best tank to use?

I prefer heavy tanks in almost every position because you can obliterate a light tank in 3-4 shots tops. The only real downside is that it's slow. Considering all the healing you have with your self-repair, insta-repair and 1-2 people healing with a wrench, I don't see any reason to go light tank. Unless heavy tanks aren't being used on the map.

Light tanks are far too squishy against a team with even one decent heavy tank.

kriskrosbbk

Guys I have Steelseries headphones which I tried today with the game plugged in my dualshock 4.Sound is quite distorted during explosions.Any clue how to fix?

Why the fuck am I one shotted so goddamn often by snipers while it isn't even a one shot? Makes some of these operation maps god awful to play.

Theorry

Clearing the bunker of campers.

BlackWeirdFlicker-size_restricted.gif

Arditi in real-life: amazing crazy dudes who carried grenades and knives for rushing attacks.

Arditi in BF1: reduced to stupid super soldier in a space marine metal suit.

I kind of wish the support variant of the landship offered more useful support attachments other than just dumping a medbox and ammobox down. A smokescreen or some kind of tank mounted flare that spots people around the tank would be pretty cool.

I still like using it though, it looks so cool with the metal cages on top.

I really want to play this, but fucking Origin won't even let me add friends. I tried adding my friend, my friend tried adding me, and it just didn't work. We verified our e-mails and everything.

I kind of wish the support variant of the landship offered more useful support attachments other than just dumping a medbox and ammobox down. A smokescreen or some kind of tank mounted flare that spots people around the tank would be pretty cool.

Try using the limpet charge on tanks. Its nasty.

Surfinn

You can use a smoke grenade which supposedly works really well.

Anybody else feel that the medic weapons are OP? Been using them today and they are kinda ridiculous.

I feel the complete opposite. Landing shots with them consistently is a complete nightmare unless enemies are perfectly stationary. I've tried a variety of rifles and optics and they all feel terrible to me. I'm playing on PC with no auto-aim, though, so I'd imagine on consoles they're far more tolerable.

Surfinn

I feel the complete opposite. Landing shots with them consistently is a complete nightmare unless enemies are perfectly stationary. I've tried a variety of rifles and optics and they all feel terrible to me. I'm playing on PC with no auto-aim, though, so I'd imagine on consoles they're far more tolerable.

I felt the same at first but now I'm a lot more accurate. You have to get use to the recoil and timing of your shots. Once you get more confident, you'll start getting lots of kills. At longer distances, if you treat them more like sniper rifles, you'll score hits more often. Be patient and line up the shot. I suggest moving less or not at all, the longer the shot.

I also suggest turning down either your general sensitivity or aiming down sights sensitivity.

WillyFive

Why the fuck am I one shotted so goddamn often by snipers while it isn't even a one shot? Makes some of these operation maps god awful to play.

Each gun has a line graph detailing how effective it is at certain ranges, and many guns will give you a one hit kill (100 damage) if the enemy is at a certain distance from where the bullet was fired.

However, the main reason someone would die often in Battlefield is by making themselves available/open to enemy players; usually by running out in the open in areas meant for vehicles (so not a lot of infantry cover) or not paying attention to foot sounds or the minimap that shows spotted enemies.

Raide

Anybody else feel that the medic weapons are OP? Been using them today and they are kinda ridiculous.

I actually like the idea that a Medic is a more than capable long range gunner. I would rather keep people at a distance while I heal my friends.

It also gives another class to keep Recons in check. 😂

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh, 3 medics nearby

Oh, they're getting close

Oh, they're right on top of me

Oh, they're all running away

Oh, they all just died

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Haha, I love the whistle given to squad leaders, very nice touch. Reminds me of the opening scene of HBO's Rome. I blow it every time I assign a new objective to my squad.

Top Bottom