• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xeilyn

I just played a match on Suez and there was this one guy camping in a tank and i was the ONLY one trying to take him out. He ended the match 56-4, i killed him solo 3 of those times but they eventually took all of our flags because they obviously got the fucking train aswell so in the end they spawn camped us and he was untouchable.

This comment nicely highlights all issues on the table thanks to extremely weak ranged AT options. "Just stay back and snipe with tank, they can't do shit to you!" advice is too effective.

I dont disagree with you, but Ive not noticed any ranged spot that an enemy player couldnt get to.

But ultimately, teammates arent doing their part to stop tanks just yet. People are still learning. In some games, the assault players are relentless and it's absolutely hilarious seeing 3-4 of them come out of nowhere and rush a tank. It's so funny.

Planes need to do their part too. Good pilots are going to take a while to learn, but once they do, tanks are going to have a natural counter on maps.

I think the tank balance is ultimately fine, and people are still learning.

People also need to realize that another tank is ultimately the counter to an enemy tank too. Ground troops like assault have the right tools, but a good tank should be able to keep them at bay, and ultimately, it should be other vehicles that are taking out other vehicles.

In no way do I want assault players to be the be all and end all of tanks.

I absolutely love this game. It's easily the most fun I've had with a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 and has helped to wash away the bad taste from 3 and especially 4. However there are a few things that are driving me crazy.

- Weekly challenges are poorly designed. You should be able to go after all of the requirements at once. Instead I'm running around like an asshole with a M1911 trying to get headshots and being a drag on my team.

- The menus are slow as hell and extremely buggy. I'm on the soldier page of the menu and my XP at the top right corner and next to my name aren't even the same.

- Why can't I leave a match while it's loading? If I don't leave in that first 15 seconds of a game finishing I have to wait 2 minutes for the next match to load. It's so annoying.

They really need to nerf the dreadnought on Sao Fortress. It's fucking ridiculous. I'm the only one on my entire team doing anything about it, hardly taking any of it's health down with each pass of the bomber, AND it has AA guns that rip me to shreds in under 4 seconds?

And then they get ANOTHER one when they take a sector?

They don't even give you any attack boats to launch torpedos at it. I just don't understand the design decisions of developers sometimes...

Shit like this is really hampering my enjoyment of this game.

Redders

Is anyone else having issues with the end of round stats pages? None of mine load up anymore in the time between games. On PS4 this is.

They really need to nerf the dreadnought on Sao Fortress. It's fucking ridiculous. I'm the only one on my entire team doing anything about it, hardly taking any of it's health down with each pass of the bomber, AND it has AA guns that rip me to shreds in under 4 seconds?

They don't even give you any attack boats to launch torpedos at it. I just don't understand the design decisions of developers sometimes...

yeah I think it's stupid defenders don't get boats on fao.

Is anyone else having issues with the end of round stats pages? None of mine load up anymore in the time between games. On PS4 this is.
same it just takes awhile...RIP ps4

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I personally wish they would remove the blimbs/trains/whatever altogether.

Afro

Made this .gif at .5x speed.

on4Cio1PQfXH2.gif

Geist-

Made this .gif at .5x speed.

on4Cio1PQfXH2.gif

I love it when there's enough frames to make a smooth slow-mo. :-D

Btw, doing the assault class medal and i'm having some serious problems getting past the Dynamite step. Anyone have any good tips to get passed it?

WillyFive

I absolutely love this game. It's easily the most fun I've had with a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 and has helped to wash away the bad taste from 3 and especially 4. However there are a few things that are driving me crazy.

- Weekly challenges are poorly designed. You should be able to go after all of the requirements at once. Instead I'm running around like an asshole with a M1911 trying to get headshots and being a drag on my team.

Yeah, it is a pain. Oftentimes it doesn't seem to update when you've done something too.
- Why can't I leave a match while it's loading? If I don't leave in that first 15 seconds of a game finishing I have to wait 2 minutes for the next match to load. It's so annoying.

I just Alt+F4 and restart the game. Much faster.

Suez is the worst map by far. By far.

Conquest doesn't work there at all. Nobody goes for objectives because it is wide open on the sides and the buildings all have roofs and upstairs areas that are sniper havens.

One team captures B and if they push hard enough fast enough they get A or C and then isolate the other team into their spawn and nothing can happen to get out.

The train does nothing. It cannot capture anything, it can barely kill anybody not in a vehicle. It is useless.

Terrible map. Only good thing about it is that I have never seen a full Conquest game played there lasting longer than 13 minutes. Just horrific.

I agree Suez needs a rebalance or something....It's worse than Metro/Locker.

I just played a match on Suez and there was this one guy camping in a tank and i was the ONLY one trying to take him out. He ended the match 56-4, i killed him solo 3 of those times but they eventually took all of our flags because they obviously got the fucking train aswell so in the end they spawn camped us and he was untouchable.

Reminds me of helicopters in bf4 before the nerfs, lol.

Jezbollah

Playing BF1 more makes me wonder what DICE are going to be able to do with "Battlefield 2" (my idea of a WW2 sequel to this game) to make it different enough from this game to avoid criticism tbh.

I have to say a supersize 64 player Wake Island would be amazeballs.

I've had some intense firefights on that map, but yeah it's the worst map in the game.

I can still have fun on it though because even though I always play objectives, actually winning the match is not important to me. I just enjoy the minute to minute gameplay and some of the combat in amongst those building with both teams so close can be exhilarating.

yea

the gameplay itself is a lot of fun on that map because you feel like one good killstreak could open up a huge opportunity for your team--and its purely ground based tactics, not like you're getting rained on by tank or air fire, so your deaths are mostly tolerable

Playing BF1 more makes me wonder what DICE are going to be able to do with "Battlefield 2" (my idea of a WW2 sequel to this game) to make it different enough from this game to avoid criticism tbh.

I’m going to guess that the next BF is a spinoff.

2017 is Battlefront 2

2018 will probably be some type of spinoff, BC 3 anyone?

2019 will probably the next mainline game in the series.

Why nerf something when it's your team's fault? Point of the dreads is that it takes a team effort to take out, if you are the only one attacking it on a team, it's the rest of the teams fault. When a team concentrates fire, dreads die super quick, on so many matches have seen dreads taken out in a couple mins.

Loss 3 Conquest matches last night because of randoms not really doing anything. Literally every one was bunched up and sniping or waiting for vehicles to spawn. Oh well, at least I got a ton of points from resupplying my window camping teammates. 256 resupplies in one god damn match.

Tovarisc

I’m going to guess that the next BF is a spinoff.

2017 is Battlefront 2

2018 will probably be some type of spinoff, BC 3 anyone?

2019 will probably the next mainline game in the series.

I expect them to adapt BField => BFront => BField => BFront => BField => BFront.... model, for as long as EA holds rights to make Star Wars games.

Stat!

Anyone know the scout rifle from the beta that shot instantly? It had no bullet drop, shot out of the rifle super fast.

I would love a WW2 in frostbite. I feel like half of the assets are already there in BF1. Same time I wonder if it would be to "similar" to BF1 for general players.

Next year is def Battlefront 2. After that, who knows.

Anyone having issues with shooting the riffle ? I think it's my controller but since I can fire all other weapon just fine it seems weird...

I would love a WW2 in frostbite. I feel like half of the assets are already there in BF1. Same time I wonder if it would be to "similar" to BF1 for general players.

Next year is def Battlefront 2. After that, who knows.

Yeah, I don’t see them doing WW2 next. This game pretty much feels like a WW2 shooter, for the most part it has everything that WW2 did. The technology would be a bit more advanced, but it would probably feel the same.

Personally, I’d like to see them return to Vietnam or 2142. I also think a Korean War BF would be good, but I doubt that’ll ever happen. The next one will probably be modern knowing them.

Yeah, I don’t see them doing WW2 next. This game pretty much feels like a WW2 shooter, for the most part it has everything that WW2 did. The technology would be a bit more advanced, but it would probably feel the same.

Personally, I’d like to see them return to Vietnam or 2142. I also think a Korean War BF would be good, but I doubt that’ll ever happen. The next one will probably be modern knowing them.
For sure. As much as I like to have a WW2 Frostbite, it most likely will not happen. Way to similar to BF1. Vietnam or Korean War would also be a great setting as well. Besides mods, I don't think I know of a Korean War game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Loss 3 Conquest matches last night because of randoms not really doing anything. Literally every one was bunched up and sniping or waiting for vehicles to spawn. Oh well, at least I got a ton of points from resupplying my window camping teammates. 256 resupplies in one god damn match.

I rarely get mad at moron public room teammates, but I was yelling at them quite a bit last night. You don't all have to snipe, fuckers! We are on offense!

I'm at that point where I'm getting matched with players that are above my skill level. It's getting harder to do well in each match, which is quite the bummer. :(

Heroman

Banned
The worst about that is it almost impossible to solo a tank, unlike in previous games.

My SPM seems low right now, sitting at 387. But looking at stat-trackers that seems to put me in the 87% which kind of surprises me. I guess passing out ammo and health adds up.

The look and atmosphere of Fao Fortress is amazing. It reminds me of the map "Eucadia" from Warhawk. I've only played it once, though, so I don't know if the map is perpetually sunset.

Tecnniqe

Banned
For sure. As much as I like to have a WW2 Frostbite, it most likely will not happen. Way to similar to BF1. Vietnam or Korean War would also be a great setting as well. Besides mods, I don't think I know of a Korean War game.

Imagine Fortunate Son playing while in a Huey gunning down people in the corn fields as you fly by...In Frostbite...

Top Bottom